At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 2 Empty Re: At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Post by xNFx Monsta November 13th 2014, 11:40 pm

pftt haha sorry, its like 42 degrees today ;-; I guess my brain must of skipped over that part thanks for the multi-quote
I was just curious thats all

-edit-
My fave part of any halo game even fan made is the menu :) il be looking forward to seeing how you put one up together. I had one done for a halo game a while back, was going to re-create halo owaw since one of the devs gave me the sprites but I just didn't have enough time on my hands to fully complete it, if you need any help in design for the menu you can pm on here :P
xNFx Monsta
xNFx Monsta

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 2 Empty Re: At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Post by lolslayer November 14th 2014, 2:30 am

Heatguts wrote:
lolslayer wrote:
HatchetHaro wrote:Is this, by any chance, made in Flash? I might be able to help with the animations and art if so.

sorry, it's game maker, but it's very easy to add sprites to it, just use paint or so ;D
Paint is not an animation software.

I think GMS has built-in actionscript compatibility though. Flash animation wouldn't be that much of a stretch... and even if it was, couldn't you just convert the flash movie into a gif or something?

idk excactly, but I use the plainold game maker sprite creator ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 14th 2014, 2:32 am

xNFx Monsta wrote:Why is he using sprites from paint that he made when he could be using owaw's sprites.....

First of all, I don't use paint, I use the game maker sprite creator,
second, I can barely use the owaw sprites cuz my game is top down, only the cutscenes like this one aren't
third, I do prefer making my own sprites but yeah, it doesn't have the owaw quality xD
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 14th 2014, 2:33 am

ax2themax wrote:Good luck, nice progress so far!

thx ;D, and the progress is still going on :D, I'm working on a gungoose atm, it will replace a warthog in one level because of bad spritings xD
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 14th 2014, 2:34 am

Heatguts wrote:
xNFx Monsta wrote:Why is he using sprites from paint that he made when he could be using owaw's sprites.....

lolslayer wrote:first of all, thanks for mentioning the owaw sprites, but only the cutscenes will be like platformer, the gameplay will be top down. But maybe I can use them for the cutscenes ;D

thank you Heatguts, many people didn't understand that part ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by xNFx Monsta November 14th 2014, 7:59 am

yeah sorry my brain had a melt down, u ever read over something then 1 min later you are like what am I reading about again xD stupid Australian heat ;-;
xNFx Monsta
xNFx Monsta

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by XBLACKSHARDX November 14th 2014, 9:48 am

is this game going to be top-down or simply like, i dont know, Mario.. i mean 2D
XBLACKSHARDX
XBLACKSHARDX

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 14th 2014, 11:03 am

XBLACKSHARDX wrote:is this game going to be top-down or simply like, i dont know, Mario.. i mean 2D

top down, if you want to see it for yourself, then go add me on Skype, there are still 3 testing spots available, if it's taken it's taken...
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 14th 2014, 2:30 pm

Hey guys, I was thinking that I didn't release any update or whatsoever here. But don't understand me right guys, I feel very responsible for putting updates here now I released info about the game for the first time. I don't want everybody wait as long as for project contingency updates :P.

So this is what I'm going to do, I'm currently working on a gungoose, I'll release a video with the gungoose and some show offs of weapons when thats done. I already got 3 fully playable levels, but I'm not going to show them yet because of very ugly enemy sprites.

Tommorow I'm away the whole day, so I can't do much then, maybe Sunday, but homework is the priority.

What I've done so far since I opened this thread:

-The first version of the game had a virus, didn't see that coming :/. So I updated the game, get rid of the virus (that all took me some hours -.-) and now its clean :D
-Music: The music had a bug that they would keep playing on when loading other levels, that's fixed now
-HUD: The hud had some decoratives, but one tester thought that that was unrealistic and annoying, so now there's a bar you can slide so you can change the transparacy

And that was it so far, not much, but I'll update more when I got time.

Have a nice day guys ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 15th 2014, 4:53 pm

Update: sprites and core mechanics of the gungoose is finished, I'll release a video probably tommorow, but that's not sure cuz of homework :/
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 16th 2014, 5:13 pm

Ok guys, the update isn't today as I told that it probably would be, I finished the code of the gungoose today which I wanted to show you + some gameplay, but I'm heading to bed now, tommorow I'll make the room for the video and then I'll upload it and give a link, but that will be tommorow late, first I'll have school and homework to do :/
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 16th 2014, 9:32 pm

kewl
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 16th 2014, 10:03 pm

lol it's pretty good
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 17th 2014, 2:36 am

Jaing wrote:lol it's pretty good

thank you ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 17th 2014, 2:37 am

RockMetal&Time wrote:kewl

it is : 3
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 17th 2014, 4:35 pm

Hey guys, I finally managed to upload the video I promised for today, finally a glimpse of the gameplay :D. In only a week after I first released information about the game.

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBpz5YVxC38&

Feel free to ask questions about it ;D

Have a nice day
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 17th 2014, 8:44 pm

That actually looks pretty good.

Suggestions:

You might want to look into using the actual weapon sounds straight from one of the games. I'm sure Mootjuh or R93 or anyone who has had experience with CE sound tags could help you with getting them.

Reloading. Key feature.

Hud is a little obtrusive IMO. Maybe a slider to change transparency? Also seems to be a little constricting, maybe move the shaded areas up/down so there is less shaded area and more normal colored.

Vehicle is awesome. Again, real gun sounds pl0x but looks good. Might want an option to modify the handling, and/or a key to hold that either makes you turn a lot faster or a lot slower. Something to consider that might not be worth implementing: Using the mouse to drive, as in, hold the other mouse button that isn't the fire button to go and something else to brake and the gungoose always attempts to steer towards the mouse. That isn't to say it always points to the mouse, which would allow instant 180s and 90 degree turns at ridiculous speeds.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 18th 2014, 2:34 am

Heatguts wrote:That actually looks pretty good.

Suggestions:

You might want to look into using the actual weapon sounds straight from one of the games. I'm sure Mootjuh or R93 or anyone who has had experience with CE sound tags could help you with getting them.

Reloading. Key feature.

Hud is a little obtrusive IMO. Maybe a slider to change transparency? Also seems to be a little constricting, maybe move the shaded areas up/down so there is less shaded area and more normal colored.

Vehicle is awesome. Again, real gun sounds pl0x but looks good. Might want an option to modify the handling, and/or a key to hold that either makes you turn a lot faster or a lot slower. Something to consider that might not be worth implementing: Using the mouse to drive, as in, hold the other mouse button that isn't the fire button to go and something else to brake and the gungoose always attempts to steer towards the mouse. That isn't to say it always points to the mouse, which would allow instant 180s and 90 degree turns at ridiculous speeds.

Thx for the suggestions,

I indeed wanted to get the sounds, but I never could find them

I showed in the beginning the transparaci slider... but did you mean that i t should also work with the health and shield and that stuff? Because only the decorative part of the hud could be changed with transparacy until now.

After that, it was a Great idea to implent moving with the mouse, it willl be a hard part, but I think that I can add it into the game (The code isnt hard, it's just that the master chief object could be very annoying with that part -.-)

And if anyone can help me get me sounds,,plz send me them or send me a link, I would very appreciate that ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 18th 2014, 3:57 am

WARNING!

There's only 1 spot left for testing, you add me as fast as you can if you want to join the testing!
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 18th 2014, 8:08 pm

lolslayer wrote:
I showed in the beginning the transparaci slider... but did you mean that i t should also work with the health and shield and that stuff? Because only the decorative part of the hud could be changed with transparacy until now.;D
Oh... I thought that was a music selector... every time you exited the menu it played different music, so...
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 19th 2014, 3:17 am

Heatguts wrote:
lolslayer wrote:
I showed in the beginning the transparaci slider... but did you mean that i t should also work with the health and shield and that stuff? Because only the decorative part of the hud could be changed with transparacy until now.;D
Oh... I thought that was a music selector... every time you exited the menu it played different music, so...

XD, yeah, the music is random, that's why you thought that, there are four songs in the game, so it was very Lucky that it was a new one every time :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 19th 2014, 3:19 am

THE FINAL TESTING SPOT IS TAKEN!

Thank you Heatguts, to be the last one to join, now I got 10 testers which was the maximum.

You can still ad me on Skype, you won't be a tester but you can ask me lot's of stuff and I can reply immidiatly when I'm online

Have a nice day :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 21st 2014, 2:23 am

Cumon guys, ask something xD

Normally there are tons of people i need to answer when i open the forums
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer November 24th 2014, 3:21 am

Hey guys, something very wierd happened.

One of my testers (which never said anything actually) just left the Skype group and that was the only way of contacting him.

So here's the deal, there's a testing spot open for anyone, so join fast and become a tester :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free November 25th 2014, 9:20 am

I would like to- join :D
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top