At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 6 Empty Re: At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Post by Mootjuh February 28th 2015, 12:02 pm

HQ sprites > bad 3d models.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 6 Empty Re: At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Post by lolslayer March 1st 2015, 5:29 am

Mootjuh wrote:HQ sprites > bad 3d models.

Well, thanks?

That is true, but, a problem, I'm really the worst with spriting xD, sometimes I've friends which help me and a few times I can actually make a good sprite, but that's rare.

After that, I think that it's good that I'm trying to create 3d models, I must start somewhere, and if I don't learn it now, when do I ever learn making them?

So my point is, my 3d models could be bad, but, I have like 3 weeks experience, and I wasn't going for the high-polygon, I'm trying to create simple and clear 3d models.

But I've probably somebody which wants to provide me with HQ sprites if I need them. And my 3d modeling skills are getting better each time I create one.

Have a nice day/night ;D

P.S. It's good to see you here Mootjuh! :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 1st 2015, 5:30 am

Oh yeah, when I told about my very first animation, I forgot to give a link, here it is ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9iqZo_2do4
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 1st 2015, 6:39 am

WOOOO, 3000 VIEWS!

So I went to community creations, and I saw that the forum post of At Destiny's Ending got 3000 views! To celebrate this and to thank you guys for viewing my post, I present you with a speedmodeling video of MASTER CHIEF!

Well, partially, only the helmet, but it's something :D

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFScgYiXytE

Thank you very much for your interest guys, thank you for the 3000 views, have a nice day/night! ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 16th 2015, 12:59 pm

Too honour the fact that I've been chosen to make a fps of at destiny's ending (R.I.P. me xD) I present you with some cool renders which took on average 15 minutes to render ;n;

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 6 Pelica12

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 6 Master11

Have a nice day/night ;D

(P.S., this was rendered in blender if you were asking it yourself :P)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli March 16th 2015, 2:21 pm

I'm just going to throw here that I really enjoy this little bit blocky style. It doesn't always have to be super high poly HD overdone thing.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 16th 2015, 4:51 pm

Apsuli wrote:I'm just going to throw here that I really enjoy this little bit blocky style. It doesn't always have to be super high poly HD overdone thing.

Thx :D, I like the simplistic look aswell :D (Also because that's the only thing I can make yet :P)

I tried to make a master chief helmet with a halo reflection render, but it didn't work out well, but ok, here it is ;D

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 6 Chief_10
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 16th 2015, 5:39 pm

You need to set a light source my friend
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 17th 2015, 3:22 am

Neesy wrote:You need to set a light source my friend
I did, I even gave it a light of 10000 O.o

But ok, I'll probably make a better render if I got time for it :/
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 19th 2015, 3:47 am

Guys, if somebody got confused with this, I changed my YouTube channel name to lolslayer and I added a pic.

Hope that it's clear to everybody now : 3
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls March 23rd 2015, 7:03 pm

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 6 Chief_10

That noise, though. "hehe".
Njls
Njls

Thumbs Up : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 24th 2015, 11:08 am

Njls wrote:At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 6 Chief_10

That noise, though. "hehe".

LOL :P
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 26th 2015, 5:26 pm

Hey guys, I didn't post a new update here for a while, so I'm here just to say that I got a fps game working, and I added water with some waves in it, I thought that my idea to create the waves would take a lot of performance, but it's running smoothly at 120 fps so you can already expect some water in At Destiny's Ending : 3
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 March 26th 2015, 7:14 pm

Not to rain on your parade or anything but why not find your own game development forums or post when you actually have something important to show and not say. You have ten pages of you just telling people how you managed to move left or something minor. This isn't my topic though so do what you like.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 26th 2015, 8:17 pm

General_101 wrote:Not to rain on your parade or anything but why not find your own game development forums or post when you actually have something important to show and not say. You have ten pages of you just telling people how you managed to move left or something minor. This isn't my topic though so do what you like.

I think the thread is to show his gradual improvements, baring in mind he came into this originally as a total noob, he's come someway and this thread has showcased this.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls March 26th 2015, 9:22 pm

General_101 wrote:Not to rain on your parade or anything but why not find your own game development forums or post when you actually have something important to show and not say. You have ten pages of you just telling people how you managed to move left or something minor. This isn't my topic though so do what you like.

I find your post a bit, balderdash. This is project-contingency.net, a website designed to host information about a fan-made Halo game. As such, lolslayer's game is also a fan-made Halo game, and this is a public forum, named, "Community Creations" at that.

I commend him for keeping a constant spark in the Contingency forums. And more power to him in creating a regarded suit game; I'm always happy to see a Halo conceptual game on a computer platform.

Please mind your own here, and if you disagree with a topic, unless it's hearting someone mentally. Ignore it.

Thank you.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 March 26th 2015, 11:40 pm

lel
If you think you are a mod just say it. None of this is "a constant spark" or amazing, it's just pointless spam. Seriously, he posts about making waves instead of an actual game. The forums are made for Contingency by the way and not for random projects. It's one of the reasons we don't really have a major thread for Installation 01 or anything here but you know. The only bill it fits is that it is created by a community member but that doesn't stop it being a waste of space.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli March 26th 2015, 11:48 pm

While I do agree that addition of waves is bit too underwhelming to be an update, referring to something as "pointless spam" and "waste of space" in a subforum it rightfully belongs to is too harsh. What would you allow to stay in this forum if it was up to you?

But yeah. For a project such as this one week without update is not "a while". Its nice to hear that you got waves working, but I would prefer to get little bit bigger updates less frequently than mini updates every few days.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind March 27th 2015, 12:49 am

Multiple spam posts about how posts containing relevant information about a project the thread itself is created for are spam... wat.

Bungie themselves made a weekly update all about the water physics of Halo 3. Go tell them that was spam xD

Look forward to seeing more about this slayer. You done any more work on the character model yet?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls March 27th 2015, 6:59 am

General_101 wrote:lel
If you think you are a mod just say it. None of this is "a constant spark" or amazing, it's just pointless spam. Seriously, he posts about making waves instead of an actual game. The forums are made for Contingency by the way and not for random projects. It's one of the reasons we don't really have a major thread for Installation 01 or anything here but you know. The only bill it fits is that it is created by a community member but that doesn't stop it being a waste of space.

Your really going to stand a state of childishness and require a moderator to tell you to behave yourself, are you?

Please act a bit more mature. Maybe, though, Take your own advice and let administrators jug what is and is not relevant on the Project Contingency forums.

It is a bit of a redundant move to post an update as small as this, however, I often find myself doing the same thing. It's a good mindset to be existed about a project your developing, helps a lot with motivation, 'especially when responses are positive'. Besides, I enjoy a email every now and then linking to this site. Reminds me to come and check in on the community.

And by the way. A nicer, less, intimidating comment on the subject would have prevented this irrelevant dispute, and maybe even accomplished it's goal.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 27th 2015, 10:59 am

Well, it is indeed a pretty small update and won't bother many people, but it was the first day which I actually used real 3d, so that is actually pretty much something for me.

I won't create my own forum for ADE, I chose this forum because of the nice community.

Also, no, I didn't add something to the character model, yesterday was the first time in like a week when I had time to improve ADE (damn you school, maybe I shouldn't have chosen the hardest class of all :/)

P.S. I actually would like if PC added small, and maybe stupid updates what they added, just so we know that they are working on it atm

Have a nice day/night ;D

P.P.S. The wave system lags more then I expected, so I'm trying to give it better performance : 3

Last edited by lolslayer on March 27th 2015, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 27th 2015, 6:06 pm

So I know some people dislike shitty little updates, well, this was pretty much important to the first one, because it all went smooth with the wave system, but to reduce fps lag I had to simplify so much stuff, and now it looks really awful -.-

See it yourself :/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mChJLD_uVPk&feature=youtu.be
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 March 27th 2015, 9:12 pm

Njls wrote:

Your really going to stand a state of childishness and require a moderator to tell you to behave yourself, are you?

Please act a bit more mature. Maybe, though, Take your own advice and let administrators jug what is and is not relevant on the Project Contingency forums.

It is a bit of a redundant move to post an update as small as this, however, I often find myself doing the same thing. It's a good mindset to be existed about a project your developing, helps a lot with motivation, 'especially when responses are positive'. Besides, I enjoy a email every now and then linking to this site. Reminds me to come and check in on the community.

And by the way. A nicer, less, intimidating comment on the subject would have prevented this irrelevant dispute, and maybe even accomplished it's goal.
What about my response has been child-like? If being negative in anyway about a particular method is acting immature then I am at a loss for words. As someone who has worked on a game or two I can tell you now that if your train runs on "feelings" you aren't getting far.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 28th 2015, 3:12 am

General_101 wrote:
Njls wrote:

What about my response has been child-like? If being negative in anyway about a particular method is acting immature then I am at a loss for words. As someone who has worked on a game or two I can tell you now that if your train runs on "feelings" you aren't getting far.

I ain't coming far i people are being negatve to me either :/, I've nothing against comments about something that should be changed in my game or is just bad, but I can't stand if I want to help people with giving more updates to get some negative feedback ;n;
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper March 28th 2015, 3:30 am

I've personally let this thread go as long as it's required because I feel like its good if the community gets very heavily involved in the modding/creation scene as most of us devs (that's still so surreal to say) have. You learn everything so much better when you get your hands dirty with everything you can concerning the process. While I understand your sentiment, General, you shouldn't try to deter somebody from making their own little something.

On that note, however, Perhaps getting a forum for this would be nice, but I feel like maybe the project itself isn't large enough to warrant it. Were this a much larger game then I would be inclined to say otherwise
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top