Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?!

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?! Empty Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?!

Post by Apsuli March 25th 2015, 4:51 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/25/halo-online-is-a-free-to-play-pc-shooter-coming-only-to-russia?abthid=551315813927945760000031
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-online-closed-beta-launching-in-russia

Okay guys. WHO'S MOVING TO RUSSIA WITH ME?

So it is basically an official Halo game created by 343I, Saber Interactive and Innova Systems designed for low end pc's on a modified Halo 3 engine exclusively for Russia and pc. They are currently starting closed beta with no plans to expand to Europe/America.

I'd like to know what you think about this. While sad that no western release is on sight, I am glad that 343 is starting to dip its toes in the pool of pc gaming. If the game turns out to be success in Russia, there could very well be a day that we will be able to play it on our pc's too!

Last edited by Apsuli on March 26th 2015, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?! Empty Re: Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?!

Post by SilentGamer64 March 25th 2015, 5:08 pm

When I first heard this, I was like: "HALO 3 ON PC?!? WHAT???"

Then I saw that it was just Halo 3's engine with all of the stuff from Halo 4 thrown in (loadouts, perks, etc) made exclusively for Russian PC gamers.

No thanks.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?! Empty Re: Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?!

Post by Apsuli March 25th 2015, 5:17 pm

I'd take Halo 4 with proper server support over 200 ping teletubby custom map Halo CE any day. Did they actually state somewhere that there will be loadouts? I guess "Spartan IV's with experimental technology" is pretty strongly suggesting that. Well, Spartan III's had some crazy stuff too. Guess we'll see.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 25th 2015, 5:37 pm

*Boots up VPN / proxy*
*Enables russian IP*
My body is ready

Last edited by Neesy on March 25th 2015, 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time March 25th 2015, 5:37 pm

I don't know about you but Call of duty Online, FEAR online and Counter strike Nexxon are great examples of how foreign developers can make a shitty *** game to fool their foreign oblivious customers
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 25th 2015, 5:39 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:I don't know about you but Call of duty Online, FEAR online and Counter strike Nexxon are great examples of how foreign developers can make a shitty *** game to fool their foreign oblivious customers

Nexxon is a free 1.6, don't complain.
CoD online isn't half bad, it's more akin to Warface if anything; it suits the target demographic.
FEAR online is bad.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time March 25th 2015, 5:42 pm

Neesy wrote:
RockMetal&Time wrote:I don't know about you but Call of duty Online, FEAR online and Counter strike Nexxon are great examples of how foreign developers can make a shitty *** game to fool their foreign oblivious customers

Nexxon is a free 1.6, don't complain.
CoD online isn't half bad, it's more akin to Warface if anything; it suits the target demographic.
FEAR online is bad.

You have a good point there, Heres hoping Russians love equal starts and no loadouts....
*since uhh they're appealing to the regional demographic...*
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 25th 2015, 5:43 pm

You have a good point there, Heres hoping Russians love equal starts and no loadouts....

Unfortunately they don't tbh, they're more akin to the Koreans: they don't mind p2w or endless grinding ;/
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time March 25th 2015, 5:45 pm

Neesy wrote:

Unfortunately they don't tbh, they're more akin to the Koreans: they don't mind p2w or endless grinding ;/

LOL look at this

Q:           Will gamers in other regions like North America and Europe be able to play Halo Online?

A:            Right now our focus is on learning as much as we can from the closed beta period in Russia. Theoretically, any expansion outside of Russia would have to go through region-specific changes to address player expectations.

Oh and heres some LEEKS
Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?! Get10
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordpyromon March 25th 2015, 6:16 pm

This sounds incredibly stupid. The only good thing about this is we're finally getting a new Halo game for PC, other than that this couldn't be a worse idea. Halo 3 with Halo 4 loadouts and a pay to win format doesn't exactly sound like a grade A game in any circumstance. I like how ID software did Quake Live though so if they could emulate that I think we could have something really cool and fun on our hands.
Lordpyromon
Lordpyromon

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper March 25th 2015, 6:55 pm

Grinding is one thing personally I've gotten used to so when I see people complain about it, I have to remind them that they don't know what a real grind is until they've played the Korean MMOs (as I have lol)
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir March 25th 2015, 7:40 pm

Is it just me or the HUD looks so ugly! D: (like planetside)
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 25th 2015, 7:57 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Grinding is one thing personally I've gotten used to so when I see people complain about it, I have to remind them that they don't know what a real grind is until they've played the Korean MMOs (as I have lol)

Preach
pre-NA / EU Archeage

oh my
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing March 25th 2015, 8:07 pm

What the fuɔk at least bring that shit to Hong Kong..
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by halofan March 25th 2015, 10:45 pm

its going to be junk is its coming from 343.
halofan
halofan

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time March 25th 2015, 11:17 pm

halofan wrote:its going to be junk is its coming from 343.

Actually its not its being developed by Saber interactive The ones who made H1 Anniversary and H2 Anniversary
-___-
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen March 25th 2015, 11:23 pm

Is there any chance that someone will get a copy of the game, crack it and release it so that the modified H3 engine is available for others to use and mod? That is the first question that popped in my head
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh March 26th 2015, 2:17 am

Might be as illehal as reverse engineering Halo 3 itself and make a PC port out of it.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen March 26th 2015, 4:52 am

Lol of course, I just figured that now the porting from 360 to PC issue would be out of the way, someone would probably end up having a go at it. Internet people are like that.

Also, is this 343's answer to P:C and all the other free Halo fan PC games?
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh March 26th 2015, 6:45 am

Probably, trying to take down the competition. We shall not falter due to this though.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free March 26th 2015, 7:42 am

R93: korean mmos
MMOS??
MMOS??????
DID SOMEBODY CALL ME? :3
And btw i will call you a real grinder the day u have over 10 accounts with full t14 gear on WoW
And an arena rating of 3000
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh March 26th 2015, 8:28 am

Lol WoW
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 26th 2015, 11:46 am

halofan wrote:its going to be junk is its coming from 343.

First of all, that isn't true

second, it isn't from 343i :P

And guys, why do you need to pay for weapons in the game, if it's rusian, why not sharing the weapons like communists? :D

(I would love to see a game where 2 people use 1 gun :p)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen March 26th 2015, 2:04 pm

Mootjuh wrote:Probably, trying to take down the competition. We shall not falter due to this though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612_qzVHRQg

No kidding. Not even a stumble.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli March 26th 2015, 3:09 pm

'kkay so earlier today we got new announcement trailer that bombarded us with a ton of new info and hype. The trailer lets us have a nice closer look at maps, interfaces and gameplay.

First I got to say that I love the little bit of interfaces that were shown. With that many pictures even four year old western who doesn't know how to read will understand what's happening.

I pretty much got diamond hard boner through the roof when they showed Guardian. The other maps looked nice too but probably better not to talk about them before experiencing them myself.
Spoiler:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Humongous amount of weapons. Or weapon variations, rather.

You can choose your primary and secondary weapons from the usual ones; Assault rifle, Battle rifle, DMR, Plasma rifle, Covenant Carbine and SMG for primaries, Magnum, Plasma pistol and Mauler for secondaries, with Mauler being a bit surprising addition to the secondary family. All of them have a free default version and few other variants rentable with Credits.

There appears to be golden credits and silver credits. Golden most likely being currency that you can get with real world money and Silver credits being the harder to come by currency gained through playing. So far it seems like you can only rent weapons for few hours and not permanently buy them, a feature I personally am very much fine with.

It looks like Promethean weapons are not included, horaay!
Some of the weapon variants look very interesting. Few weapons such as some of the SMG's have gotten some new Iron sights. It will be interesting to see whether or not they will be usable.
The DMG variant of Plasma rifle sounds like a return of Brute plasma rifle.
ROF variant of magnum looks a lot like silenced M6C, maybe we will finally get to experience multiplayer with ODST pistol!
All of Halo 3's grenades seem to be included in the game.
Mauler as a spawning weapon will need some balancing.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HUD is pretty much the good old Halo 3 one. However, there is something...
Spoiler:
Whaaaaaaat?! It is pretty much a charging meter with armor ability icons of Promethean vision, hologram and equipment icon of bubble shield.

Lets start with numbers next to them. They are most likely keybinds. They could also tell how many of them you are carrying. I'm going to bet my head and testicles that they are keybinds.

Now, the bar in the middle. If your eyes live through the horrible quality, you can tell that a smaller version of the same bar is also present under the ability icons. It appears that the meter fills during the game in similar manner as Destiny's super abilities, with every ability draining a different amount of that bar, explaining why the far left icon is darkened out unlike the ones in the right, as you don't have enough meter to use that ability yet.
On paper sounds like a great way to present Halo's equipment and abilities, I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

Spoiler:
Might be that I am just over analyzing it, but on few occasions it definitely looked like people were targeting head with automatic weapons, suggesting that we might be seeing a headshot multiplier on all weapons.

Hopefully we won't need to wait for long before seeing an open beta. The game appears to be very much playable already!

Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?! D5ccd886879048dc531d92d7fa50e543

Last edited by Apsuli on March 26th 2015, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apsuli
Apsuli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top