Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?!

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?!

Post by General_101 May 25th 2015, 3:23 pm

lolslayer wrote:
General_101 wrote:
Heatguts wrote:Microtransactions themselves aren't bad. TF2's business model is actually pretty good imo, it really just functions as a faster way to get things that you can get through normal play. Not to mention that you could easily trade for them.
Microtransactions are bad unless the game is built around them, then it is even worse. TF2 buisness model is the worst and it allows one of Valve's worst games to stay alive. I highly doubt that if you put TF2 behind a paywall people would still be playing it like they are now. Microtransactions allow bad games to live on in the form of free to plays. This is the reason you will never see the developers actually care for their game. They could not put in competitive mode like they are and they would still be taking in cash for no good reason. You may think I'm exaggerating but the mobile market says everything you need to know about microtransactions. A bunch of lazy devs who live on the idea of, "It's only 3 dollars". Even Warframe had this problem where they wouldn't fix anything for months. A reward people won was broken for more than a week, glitching through people's armor. The people farming and causing some hurt to their bottom line? That got fixed instantly the moment they got wind of it. These people don't have to try. All they have to do is hook you on something.

wtf? is there anything you don't hate?

valve cares about tf2, it got a shit load of updates every now and then, they implent community made weapons and it's pretty user friendly, and the microtransactions are mostly cosmetical only, you can get like everything what you need for free, even selling it afterwards
lol
You don't get why TF2 is in the back of the closet compared to CS:GO and DOTA, do you? Lets me leave you with some food for thought. Valve is just now making TF2 competitive while the other games are being used at tournaments sponsored by Valve. Go TF2, right!
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halo Online: Russia exclusive PC Halo game?!

Post by Neesy May 25th 2015, 7:00 pm

General_101 wrote:
lolslayer wrote:
General_101 wrote:
Heatguts wrote:Microtransactions themselves aren't bad. TF2's business model is actually pretty good imo, it really just functions as a faster way to get things that you can get through normal play. Not to mention that you could easily trade for them.
Microtransactions are bad unless the game is built around them, then it is even worse. TF2 buisness model is the worst and it allows one of Valve's worst games to stay alive. I highly doubt that if you put TF2 behind a paywall people would still be playing it like they are now. Microtransactions allow bad games to live on in the form of free to plays. This is the reason you will never see the developers actually care for their game. They could not put in competitive mode like they are and they would still be taking in cash for no good reason. You may think I'm exaggerating but the mobile market says everything you need to know about microtransactions. A bunch of lazy devs who live on the idea of, "It's only 3 dollars". Even Warframe had this problem where they wouldn't fix anything for months. A reward people won was broken for more than a week, glitching through people's armor. The people farming and causing some hurt to their bottom line? That got fixed instantly the moment they got wind of it. These people don't have to try. All they have to do is hook you on something.

valve cares about tf2, it got a shit load of updates every now and then, they implent community made weapons and it's pretty user friendly, and the microtransactions are mostly cosmetical only, you can get like everything what you need for free, even selling it afterwards
lol
You don't get why TF2 is in the back of the closet compared to CS:GO and DOTA, do you? Lets me leave you with some food for thought. Valve is just now making TF2 competitive while the other games are being used at tournaments sponsored by Valve. Go TF2, right!

The only game valve truly cares about is Dota, considering they have to since it's a moba and all.
Valve only care about skins / hats in CS:GO and TF2.

TL;DR Valve is as bad if not worse than Microsoft with their own games. Don't let their summer sale blind you.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 26th 2015, 2:31 am

General_101 wrote:
lolslayer wrote:
General_101 wrote:

lol

you know, tf2 is like the most popular game by valve

Neesy wrote:
General_101 wrote:
lolslayer wrote:
General_101 wrote:

lol

The only game valve truly cares about is Dota, considering they have to since it's a moba and all.
Valve only care about skins / hats in CS:GO and TF2.

TL;DR Valve is as bad if not worse than Microsoft with their own games. Don't let their summer sale blind you.

It is your own fault if you buy too many stuff in the summer sales
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh May 26th 2015, 5:07 am

The Gaben force is too strong
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 26th 2015, 8:01 am

Slayer honestly, for the love of all that is holy, could you sit back and read how non-sensical and down-right retarded your posts are?

1) I've never bought anything in the summer sales.
2)CS:GO gets like 500,000 players a day and Valve still doesn't care about fixing hitboxes, RNG spread, jumping hitboxes, etc

3)Stfu
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix May 26th 2015, 10:16 am

I just hate how Halo: Online was just a marketing failure. Someone at 343 and someone else from Microsoft got drunk at a bar, then went to their offices; and made all copies of Halo Online go to russia. Honestly, in a Capitalist economy, it was a horrible thing for them to do. It is much more profitable to sell internationally rather than just in one nation.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 May 26th 2015, 5:46 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:I just hate how Halo: Online was just a marketing failure. Someone at 343 and someone else from Microsoft got drunk at a bar, then went to their offices; and made all copies of Halo Online go to russia. Honestly, in a Capitalist economy, it was a horrible thing for them to do. It is much more profitable to sell internationally rather than just in one nation.
You have it the wrong way. Russia has a real boner for PC gaming. They are also filed with a lot of filthy pirates. The best way to get money out of it is to build a free to play with microtransactions. It gets Halo out there and the Russians actually start buying something. Very few places do microtransactions like they do. Just play any Korean MMO. The people there actually feel that the more money you spend the better you are. They aren't wrong in this situation.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix May 26th 2015, 5:59 pm

General_101 wrote:
DreuxPhoenix wrote:I just hate how Halo: Online was just a marketing failure. Someone at 343 and someone else from Microsoft got drunk at a bar, then went to their offices; and made all copies of Halo Online go to russia. Honestly, in a Capitalist economy, it was a horrible thing for them to do. It is much more profitable to sell internationally rather than just in one nation.
You have it the wrong way. Russia has a real boner for PC gaming. They are also filed with a lot of filthy pirates. The best way to get money out of it is to build a free to play with microtransactions. It gets Halo out there and the Russians actually start buying something. Very few places do microtransactions like they do. Just play any Korean MMO. The people there actually feel that the more money you spend the better you are. They aren't wrong in this situation.

Still, wouldn't it be more profitable to make it available for both Russia AND the rest of the gaming world?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 May 26th 2015, 6:11 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
General_101 wrote:

Still, wouldn't it be more profitable to make it available for both Russia AND the rest of the gaming world?
Well, no and yes. There would be more potential people playing. Most people here though will only take a game with microtransactions for so long. The eastern side of the world tends to be way more accepting of them. Hell, the mobile market is doing more than just good right now in Japan. It has dominated the console market.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix May 26th 2015, 6:17 pm

General_101 wrote:
DreuxPhoenix wrote:
General_101 wrote:

Well, no and yes. There would be more potential people playing. Most people here though will only take a game with microtransactions for so long. The eastern side of the world tends to be way more accepting of them. Hell, the mobile market is doing more than just good right now in Japan. It has dominated the console market.

Meh. I will need to see statistics. Last time I trusted a guy on the internet; we lost 4 grand. All I wanted was a car, and he drove off with it and my 4 grand. At least we got the 4 grand back, minus about $600 :(
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 26th 2015, 6:42 pm

Phoenix I've answered the whole 'why is Halo online only available in Russia' question like 3 times now:
It's because microtransactions are a popular thing and almost the 'norm' amongst Russian f2p games, many are p2w; this same approach to microtransactions would not go well outside of Russia, 343 would make it available to Asia too if Halo was cared about at all over there.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 28th 2015, 5:52 am

Neesy wrote:Slayer honestly, for the love of all that is holy, could you sit back and read how non-sensical and down-right retarded your posts are?

2)CS:GO gets like 500,000 players a day and Valve still doesn't care about fixing hitboxes, RNG spread, jumping hitboxes, etc

3)Stfu

explain me these things:
1) why do you hate the summer sales then? I love the fact that many games get cheaper, if you want a game but it was to expensive the whole time you can finally buy it, nothing negative with it

2)indeed, that's bullshit

3)I didn't insult you, so I don't see any reason to say that :'(
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 28th 2015, 7:55 am

lolslayer wrote:
Neesy wrote:Slayer honestly, for the love of all that is holy, could you sit back and read how non-sensical and down-right retarded your posts are?

3)Stfu

explain me these things:
1) why do you hate the summer sales then? I love the fact that many games get cheaper, if you want a game but it was to expensive the whole time you can finally buy it, nothing negative with it

You're full of nonsensical bullshit that's why.
I never once said I hate the summer sales ffs, I just haven't bought anything in them yet.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 28th 2015, 8:21 am

Neesy wrote:
lolslayer wrote:

3)Stfu

explain me these things:

You're full of nonsensical bullshit that's why.
I never once said I hate the summer sales ffs, I just haven't bought anything in them yet.

K den, I'm sorry I thought you hated the summer sales

and the fact that I'm bad with thinking of any arguments doesn't mean that I'm full of bullshit, y u Always trying to hurt me? the fact that I got autism doesn't mean I can't be sad, actually, I'm starting to feel an outragous hate if you won't stop insulting for once.

you call me somebody full of nonsensical bullshit, if the only thing you can do is insulting somebody, so stop watching in the mirror and start using respectfull language, there was a reason you got banned before, and I'm starting to hope it will happen again
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix May 28th 2015, 10:31 am

Still doesn't change my point about Halo Online. Think of it this way: if regular Console Halo Games became available on the Play Station consoles, would there be more players? The answer, yes but not as many as there are on the Xbox Console. Why? Because the controller would feel weird and foreign. But regardless, there would be more players. Which would mean more profit, which leads to the question of my metaphor: Why is Halo: Online Exclusive to Russia? Either way you put it, it would still be more profitable to have it be internationally sold. But then again, should we be happy it isn't International?

The fact that Contingency, as far as I understand it, is International; but Halo Online isn't, means we have an advantage. People would swarm to play our game, since the other PC Halo game for everyone would be Custom Edition. In essence, perhaps Microsoft did us a favor. Now we will have more players than if Halo: Online were an International title.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen May 28th 2015, 12:16 pm

Halo Online will very likely be brought to western audiences, but with changes because that microtransaction BS won't roll here without seriously bad publicity.

Also, can I point out that your 'Because the controller would feel weird and foreign." is kind of a non-existant point, since you are assuming the only people who would play Halo on the Playstation are Xbox or PC gamers. It wouldn't feel weird to Playstation users - it the same controller it's always been.
The real point you should have made is that it won't sell as many copies because those who play Halo would already have and intend to buy it for the xbone instead.
Also, you assume the fact someone buys a game instantly means profit. Games take money to make and a good hunk of time to port. Bottom lines, bro - they would need to know for a fact that there would be enough people wanting to buy it for it to be worth porting, which I don't think there would be.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix May 28th 2015, 12:21 pm

Never really heard of an Xbone, but yeah, I see your point. And I am not assuming that if someone buys a copy of a game, they get profit. I'm talking about the chances of getting a good profit would go up. But then again, that marketing plan could fail; resulting in what we call bankruptcy, or at least losing money and having to recover somehow.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen May 28th 2015, 12:53 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:Never really heard of an Xbone.
Xbone is the nickname for the Xbox One. You know, the opposition to the Playstation.

DreuxPhoenix wrote:I'm talking about the chances of getting a good profit would go up.
Which again, assumes that those who are interested in buying it (AKA Hardcore and casual Halo fans) wouldn't already have an xbox for other Halo titles. Nobody would buy it on the Playstation for sheer sake of it. A vast majority of those who play Halo or want Halo already have or intend to get an Xbox One, so releasing it on Playstation won't increase sales (or chance of a good profit) by any worthwhile amount to justify the effort and cost to make as well as support.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix May 28th 2015, 12:56 pm

Stevedoggen wrote:
DreuxPhoenix wrote:Never really heard of an Xbone.
Xbone is the nickname for the Xbox One. You know, the opposition to the Playstation.

DreuxPhoenix wrote:I'm talking about the chances of getting a good profit would go up.
Which again, assumes that those who are interested in buying it (AKA Hardcore and casual Halo fans) wouldn't already have an xbox for other Halo titles. Nobody would buy it on the Playstation for sheer sake of it. A vast majority of those who play Halo or want Halo already have or intend to get an Xbox One, so releasing it on Playstation won't increase sales (or chance of a good profit) by any worthwhile amount to justify the effort and cost to make as well as support.

You wouldn't believe how many people I know who are hardcore PS fans come over to my place to play some Halo.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 28th 2015, 1:01 pm

Stevedoggen wrote:
DreuxPhoenix wrote:Never really heard of an Xboner.
Xboner is the nickname for the Xbox One. You know, the opposition to the Playstation.

Such Xboners :)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen May 28th 2015, 1:33 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
You wouldn't believe how many people I know who are hardcore PS fans come over to my place to play some Halo.

I only have an Xbox 360, and I go over to my friends place to play Killzone and CoD together. It's not because I particularly like the games enough that I would buy them outright. I do it because playing anything with friends is fun.

Why are we having this conversation again? It's never even going to happen lol.

EDIT: Oh right, Halo Online. Wow that was a tangent.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 28th 2015, 4:07 pm

Stevedoggen wrote:
DreuxPhoenix wrote:

I only have an Xbox 360, and I go over to my friends place to play Killzone and CoD together. It's not because I particularly like the games enough that I would buy them outright. I do it because playing anything with friends is fun.

Why are we having this conversation again? It's never even going to happen lol.

EDIT: Oh right, Halo Online. Wow that was a tangent.

I got an xbox 360, with all halo game EXCEPT halo wars and I play halo all the time with ma friends :)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix May 28th 2015, 4:12 pm

[/quote]I got an xbox 360, with all halo game EXCEPT halo wars and I play halo all the time with ma friends :)[/quote]

Go to a gamestore Right Now! Get Halo Wars. You won't regret it!
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top