At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 7 Empty Re: At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Post by lolslayer March 28th 2015, 7:20 am

R93_Sniper wrote:I've personally let this thread go as long as it's required because I feel like its good if the community gets very heavily involved in the modding/creation scene as most of us devs (that's still so surreal to say) have. You learn everything so much better when you get your hands dirty with everything you can concerning the process. While I understand your sentiment, General, you shouldn't try to deter somebody from making their own little something.

On that note, however, Perhaps getting a forum for this would be nice, but I feel like maybe the project itself isn't large enough to warrant it. Were this a much larger game then I would be inclined to say otherwise

It's indeed not large enough imo,

and I think that this little project gives some colour to the forums,

Also, thank you for the comment :D, I've never seen you before on this thread : 3
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 7 Empty Re: At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Post by General_101 March 28th 2015, 12:45 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:I've personally let this thread go as long as it's required because I feel like its good if the community gets very heavily involved in the modding/creation scene as most of us devs (that's still so surreal to say) have. You learn everything so much better when you get your hands dirty with everything you can concerning the process. While I understand your sentiment, General, you shouldn't try to deter somebody from making their own little something.

On that note, however, Perhaps getting a forum for this would be nice, but I feel like maybe the project itself isn't large enough to warrant it. Were this a much larger game then I would be inclined to say otherwise
Please point out where I said stop working on the game. I said move elsewhere or post less unneeded posts. Unless you are telling me you actually want to know about waves? Seriously, the thread is about a game and there are more posts about something completely unrelated than an actual game that was talked about. Wouldn't you rather have a list of things added like models, textures, and gameplay elements every other month than I made the grass feel Halo-ish and the sky blue today? I'm done making my points though since clearly people couldn't care less and I'm killing my own.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper March 28th 2015, 4:45 pm

Its more of a deterrent than and explicit "stop" statement, so to speak. If he wants to give updates and information, let him, its not like it really should affect you all too much. If you want to read into it, go for it, if not, you don't have to.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 29th 2015, 12:44 pm

General_101 wrote:

Please point out where I said stop working on the game. I said move elsewhere or post less unneeded posts. Unless you are telling me you actually want to know about waves? Seriously, the thread is about a game and there are more posts about something completely unrelated than an actual game that was talked about. Wouldn't you rather have a list of things added like models, textures, and gameplay elements every other month than I made the grass feel Halo-ish and the sky blue today? I'm done making my points though since clearly people couldn't care less and I'm killing my own.

Then you'll just check it like once every month ok? there are people which think that comments like this are annoying, like me, it's not my problem that you don't like small updates, it's yours and you should find a way to handle it, because there are probably also people which likes the small updates
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 5th 2015, 3:19 pm

Just putting this here, little side project so I got something to do in the break at school :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXwqeD7FMGg
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 6th 2015, 2:00 pm

Just a render of a halo 3D model I've been working on lately, inspired by a water building in halo TSC:e : 3

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 7 Water_10
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 7th 2015, 9:22 am

I'm just here to say 1 thing:

4000 views : 3
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 7th 2015, 10:51 am

The very first true sneak peak in my At Destiny's Ending test world : 3.
Finally got water working, this time with a tutorial cuz I became desperate finding a way to get it to work ;n;

Also, the vid got a nice background song aswell :D

lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind April 8th 2015, 12:57 am

Sweet vid yo ^_^

Feels so peaceful listening to that music and watching the waves!
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 8th 2015, 3:15 am

deadofmind wrote:Sweet vid yo ^_^

Feels so peaceful listening to that music and watching the waves!

Thx :D, I indeed loved the idea of listening to this music with a halo in the background, a mysterious building and a neverending sea : 3

It never succeeded ;n;, until now :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 10th 2015, 5:59 pm

Working on a 3d model of a halcyon class cruiser, but going to sleep now, it's probably on YT tomorrow :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy April 11th 2015, 4:18 pm

You need to texture things properly bro
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 11th 2015, 5:41 pm

Neesy wrote:You need to texture things properly bro

True story grill, but I fail with texturing, still need to learn it :P
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 11th 2015, 5:43 pm

Hey guys, do you remember my promise of uploading the speedmodeling vid the next day? Well, that was yesterday and it's now 15 minutes before the day after the day I promised it :D

So here is the vid, it's a speedmodeling of a UNSC halcyon class cruiser, took me only 1 hour, it isn't that high-poly though ;)

lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 24th 2015, 4:06 pm

New vid!

it's another 3d model, probably my last one I needed to make to make my cinematic trailer (spoiler, sorry xD)

**** bandicam for stop recording on me multiple times, but ok, the model itself is very succesful for my standards :D

lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zusheqiel May 2nd 2015, 3:42 pm

Nice work
Zusheqiel
Zusheqiel

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 3rd 2015, 4:18 am

Zusheqiel wrote:Nice work

thx ;D

and if you wait for a few days, maybe a week I can give you a concept of my cinematic trailer ;D, 2 of the 5 concept scenes are finished ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by xNFx Monsta May 5th 2015, 8:07 pm

I like all the little updates you are doing, nice work so far. You seem to have gotten a lot better since the first time i saw one of your models xD
xNFx Monsta
xNFx Monsta

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 6th 2015, 3:14 am

xNFx Monsta wrote:I like all the little updates you are doing, nice work so far. You seem to have gotten a lot better since the first time i saw one of your models xD

so true :P, especially the in amber clad :D

and thx ;D

oh yeah, I made a very detailed lancscape for one of my testlevels (888 polygons for only a small terrain and a ruin), the only problem is, is that I can't get 3d collisions to work in gamemaker :/
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 8th 2015, 5:52 pm

Hey everybody!

after a couple of days of work I finished the concept of my cinematic trailer (remember, concept, it looks horrible XD)

I'll upload it tomorrow as a hidden vid on YouTube and I'll give the link here, I hope I'll recieve some tips of you before I create the real trailer in blender, cuz that's why I made the concept first, community ideas ;D

cya tomorrow
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 9th 2015, 5:31 am

it's uploaded!

So, keep in mind that this is the concept, before I'll create the real deal in something like blender I want some suggestions of the community, could come handy someday.

Because this is only the concept, it looks pretty horrible, and one scene completely failed :/, I'll try to fix everything in the final product of the trailer

but ok, here's the vid:

lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 9th 2015, 7:03 am

Why not wait until your modelling is better? atm it looks like LEGO.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 9th 2015, 8:10 am

Neesy wrote:Why not wait until your modelling is better? atm it looks like LEGO.

you mean with the final product? some of the models will be remade, and maybe all of them, true, and one thing more, that will take years -.-
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 9th 2015, 8:34 am

Use MAYA not blender then =]]] or just rip models.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 9th 2015, 11:59 am

Neesy wrote:Use MAYA not blender then =]]] or just rip models.

I won't rip, and I'll use blender for the animations ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top