At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 8 Empty Re: At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Post by R93_Sniper May 9th 2015, 4:26 pm

HyperMetal used Blender for animations (although he's on 3DS max now) and he's probably one of the best animator's I know of offhand.

Given there's a ton of animators and some industry artists [albeit hyper is now part of respawn...] that I don't know of by name, some make some amazing work that I can hardly fathom how they do anything.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 8 Empty Re: At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Post by lolslayer May 9th 2015, 4:50 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:HyperMetal used Blender for animations (although he's on 3DS max now) and he's probably one of the best animator's I know of offhand.

Given there's a ton of animators and some industry artists [albeit hyper is now part of respawn...] that I don't know of by name, some make some amazing work that I can hardly fathom how they do anything.

Ok, but I'm using blender ok? ;D, or was that just the point that it was a good decision?

also, 5000 views, thanks everybody ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 10th 2015, 9:14 am

So when my code isn't working, I sometimes work on a 3d version of At Destiny's Ending, and here is my weapon test:

also, 117 replies :D

jks, i saw that wrong -.-

Last edited by lolslayer on May 13th 2015, 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 13th 2015, 2:58 am

one word: NEEDLERS!

lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 23rd 2015, 3:04 am

HOORAY!

I finally got 3d model collisions to work, my next step is adding in organic3d collision checking, when that's finished it should be a piece of cake :)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by XMicroHeroX May 23rd 2015, 8:32 am

Looks pretty neat actually, hope this works well for you XD
XMicroHeroX
XMicroHeroX

Thumbs Up : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 23rd 2015, 3:51 pm

XMicroHeroX wrote:Looks pretty neat actually, hope this works well for you XD

thank you :)

and me too ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 24th 2015, 9:59 am

hello everybody!

So I uploaded a video about some unfinished game maker projects I've made, before telling me this, what the **** is this doing at the at destiny's ending thread?

well, the final game I'm showing in this vid is the old version of At Destiny's Ending, the one I've quit, now I use newer versions, maybe somebody is interested in it.

link:
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 24th 2015, 1:26 pm

Song at 15:20 from YGO Online?
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 24th 2015, 2:05 pm

Neesy wrote:Song at 15:20 from YGO Online?

hmm, it's just a song made by machinimasound, pretty known though so it's possible it was included in YGO online (I don't know what game that is)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer July 2nd 2015, 11:02 am

Back from the banished land!

but ok, 6000 views, thx guys

I'm so sorry that I couldn't update ADE, I was busy with another game (which is nearly done) and I couldn't work on my games for weeks, just because of school -.-

But I got summer vacaction in 2 weeks, so I'll probably have time then : 3
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny123445 July 3rd 2015, 7:52 pm

Honestly I would say you've gotten farther in a couple months than the PC team has in three years. By the way the game I would say is in serious need of some modeling work.
johnny123445
johnny123445

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 3rd 2015, 9:06 pm

johnny123445 wrote:Honestly I would say you've gotten farther in a couple months than the PC team has in three years. By the way the game I would say is in serious need of some modeling work.

I honestly gotta say, this game is reminding me of Halo Spartan Assault and Halo Spartan Strike. They both feature top-down third person-limited shots of a shooter.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer July 4th 2015, 4:18 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
johnny123445 wrote:Honestly I would say you've gotten farther in a couple months than the PC team has in three years. By the way the game I would say is in serious need of some modeling work.

I honestly gotta say, this game is reminding me of Halo Spartan Assault and Halo Spartan Strike. They both feature top-down third person-limited shots of a shooter.

Lol, thank you johnny, I'm experimenting on 3d collisions atm, and they work! After that I'm working on a new test map : 3

pic:
At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 8 Grote_10
Note, I only took 2 days to make it, so it's far from finished XD

And I know that I said that it could be a top down 3d shooter, but I'm working on fps again, after that 3d collisions got to work I am finally able to make a step to the fps side!
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 July 4th 2015, 4:30 pm

>Gives praise to a man for getting farther along in his simple game in a simple engine where most things are already made for you.
>Willfully ignores that Contingency is working on a complex 3D game with highly detailed assets in a 3D world and an engine made for professional studios.
Johnny confirmed an entitled brat.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy July 4th 2015, 8:45 pm

General_101 wrote:
>Gives praise to a man for getting farther along in his simple game in a simple engine where most things are already made for you.
>Willfully ignores that Contingency is working on a complex 3D game with highly detailed assets in a 3D world and an engine made for professional studios.

>This game belongs at the bottom of newgrounds.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer July 5th 2015, 2:47 am

General_101 wrote:

Are u stupid? cuz u sound stupid right nao

Game maker had the least things already done for you

think about it, real-time shadows are already done in unity, 3d room editors, ambient occlusions, reflections, all those stuff should be programmed by yourself in game maker, while other 'professional' engines for 'professional studios' already give you everything you need. Cryengine even gives you a bullet type way from the beginning, so wtf? do your research before looking so stupid

And if it's so simple, do it yourself while trying to get high grades on school, I'm pretty sure that u can't u twat

Neesy wrote:
General_101 wrote:

>This game belongs at the bottom of newgrounds.

Your account belongs to the bottom of the ban pit if you ask me
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy July 5th 2015, 7:46 am

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 8 SaltShaker
The truth hurts kiddo.

And if it's so simple, do it yourself while trying to get high grades on school, I'm pretty sure that u can't u twat
That'd be a valid point if you were doing it well, which, you're not; like I said, this game belongs at the bottom of Newgrounds. Make it 2006 Newgrounds at that.

Your account belongs to the bottom of the ban pit if you ask me
Good thing I never asked, with your opinion holding no merit.

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 8 SaltShaker
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ July 5th 2015, 12:11 pm

Look slayer. You can do what you want with your game. It's healthy and productive and can help to improve your skills in 'game-making'. But don't let it get to your head. What you are doing is not on the level of what PC is aiming to be. You're only getting shit right now because you literally said 'oh look, I can work faster and better than the PC devs, hurr durr'.
Get rid of that attitude
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 July 5th 2015, 12:29 pm

Wow Lolslayer.
I knew you were ignorant but not that ignorant. Keep your head high above the clouds though.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 5th 2015, 12:38 pm

General_101 wrote:Wow Lolslayer.
I knew you were ignorant but not that ignorant. Keep your head high above the clouds though.

I just know that LolSlayer will reply with "Hey, I can see my house from here!"
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by DBB July 5th 2015, 11:10 pm

Is this P:C?
DBB
DBB

Thumbs Up : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow July 6th 2015, 3:20 am

DBB wrote:Is this P:C?

no.
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer July 6th 2015, 8:15 am

TheAandZ wrote:Look slayer. You can do what you want with your game. It's healthy and productive and can help to improve your skills in 'game-making'. But don't let it get to your head. What you are doing is not on the level of what PC is aiming to be. You're only getting shit right now because you literally said 'oh look, I can work faster and better than the PC devs, hurr durr'.
Get rid of that attitude

Oh jeez, now you say it, I've never known that my game wasn't on the level of contingency,, it is fully impossible that it was a way for maybe let the devs give us an update, oh no, I didn't know that, I'm so confident that my game is much better then PC, look at that shit, and look at my beautiful creations, I'm so pro

DatGuyYouKnow wrote:
DBB wrote:Is this P:C?

no.

It's much better ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind July 6th 2015, 12:30 pm

Just for the record, lolslayer did not state that he was working Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger than the P:C devs. That was Johnny, whose observations were incorrect.

Nice map slayer, can't wait to see what else you come up with.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top