Should I make a Halo ODST Fan Game?

ODST Fan Game I_vote_lcap67%ODST Fan Game I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 18 ]
ODST Fan Game I_vote_lcap33%ODST Fan Game I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 27

ODST Fan Game Empty ODST Fan Game

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 18th 2015, 9:15 pm

Hey guys. I have recently been inspired by what I have seen at Project: Contingency. You have gotten my to get off my *** in order to put some of my ideas to use. Why wait until I can get hired by 343? They will just screw up my game anyway! I've decided to start a Halo ODST fan-game. My attempt? Mix together gameplay aspects from Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and add in our own style here and there; all the while bring Nostalgia to Halo 3: ODST fans everywhere. Now, I know this may be a bit outrageous to most of you, but I am planning to do both Campaign and Multiplayer for the game. But this is the interesting part. I am planning to have more than one Campaign. A buddy and I have been discussing how to do this for the past week, so far we are in agreement. First we are hoping to get work done on the Campaigns, then eventually the multiplayer. We will do 2 of the campaigns at first, then multiplayer. What we are hoping to have accomplished is a renown Halo Fan Game that will have an occassional update. What will these updates contain? A new campaign along with a bundle of new multiplayer maps and armors.

Obviously, these Campaigns will be completely Non-Canon based off of Fan-Fics written by me and others in the project. These Fan-Fics HAVE to go alongside the Halo Lore from games, novels, comics, movies, and cannon-fodder. The only thing I am really uncertain about is the name we will have until it's release. So far, Project: Drop is what comes to mind. But to me, that title sounds as if it is riding off of Contingency's Thunder.

So, if you desire; please vote, comment, keep it clean, and ask any questions you desire to.

Note: If you desire to work for both Project: Contingency and Project: Drop, I would like it if coders could find a way to copy and paste their own work. This way, production for Contingency and Drop are still underway, Drop can catch up with Contingency to allow Devs to have an easier time working on both if they choose to do so, and since it is your own work; you aren't stealing. You are merely making two copies of your hard work.
Thanks for any support given by those on this Thread. I hope it doesn't get locked, and that we may see a brighter future in Halo Fan-games.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

ODST Fan Game Empty Re: ODST Fan Game

Post by Misriah Armory June 18th 2015, 9:27 pm

Well if you're really into it I'd say get somewhat of a story down first then possibly get into contact with some noir film directors. But you're main issue will be content creation, it's not the hardest part, but it takes more time than just about anything else. (Provided you already have a working game engine)
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 18th 2015, 9:40 pm

Questionare117 wrote:Well if you're really into it I'd say get somewhat of a story down first then possibly get into contact with some noir film directors. But you're main issue will be content creation, it's not the hardest part, but it takes more time than just about anything else. (Provided you already have a working game engine)

When it comes to storyline, I have got that part covered. As for engine...Im Thinking CryEngine 3; just read my final paragraph of my initial post to see why. Content Creation, I am a patient man.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow June 18th 2015, 10:21 pm

Sounds great but are you cant talk the talk and not walk the walk, so i'd like to see if you can actually pull i off or perhaps a taste of what you can do?
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 18th 2015, 10:31 pm

DatGuyYouKnow wrote:Sounds great but are you cant talk the talk and not walk the walk, so i'd like to see if you can actually pull i off or perhaps a taste of what you can do?

I recently signed up for DeviantArt. Perhaps once the script is fully finalized (they are in the basic summary stages right now), you can have a read there. Till, then; it is recruitment of the masses. Heck, people could at least let me know how Contingency got to be so big; just to give a few pointers.

Last edited by DreuxPhoenix on June 18th 2015, 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added final line of text.)
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts June 18th 2015, 11:07 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:Heck, people could at least let me know how Contingency got to be so big; just to give a few pointers.
They didn't.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow June 19th 2015, 12:40 am

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
DatGuyYouKnow wrote:Sounds great but are you cant talk the talk and not walk the walk, so i'd like to see if you can actually pull i off or perhaps a taste of what you can do?

I recently signed up for DeviantArt. Perhaps once the script is fully finalized (they are in the basic summary stages right now), you can have a read there. Till, then; it is recruitment of the masses. Heck, people could at least let me know how Contingency got to be so big; just to give a few pointers.

Well your not gonna get big on a forum of another pc halo game being made that's for sure and if you do you might just get accused of mooching off of them like a leech. So if you plan to make a game that big once you get everything ready i suggest making your own forum you cant stay on a thread for ever if you plan to go above lolsayers arcade game.
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing June 19th 2015, 6:19 am

Heatguts wrote:
DreuxPhoenix wrote:Heck, people could at least let me know how Contingency got to be so big; just to give a few pointers.
They didn't.

Contingency is still a thing?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 19th 2015, 9:02 am

DatGuyYouKnow wrote:
DreuxPhoenix wrote:

Well your not gonna get big on a forum of another pc halo game being made that's for sure and if you do you might just get accused of mooching off of them like a leech. So if you plan to make a game that big once you get everything ready i suggest making your own forum you cant stay on a thread for ever if you plan to go above lolsayers arcade game.

That was my initial fear; that people would see me as a stain rather than a piece of art. At first, I didn't want to post this on the Forum, because I figured I would look like I am spitting in the face of P: C.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh June 19th 2015, 9:08 am

Don't go Craienjin.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 19th 2015, 9:21 am

Mootjuh wrote:Don't go Craienjin.

I hope I don't sound too stupid when I say this, but what is Craienjin?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen June 19th 2015, 9:33 am

Sound it out
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 19th 2015, 9:49 am

Crying Jin?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts June 19th 2015, 10:53 am

Crai-en-jin
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 19th 2015, 1:15 pm

Heatguts wrote:Crai-en-jin

Okay, now I see it. Well, what engines do you guys wanna suggest?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by midnightspro June 19th 2015, 1:41 pm

I'm actually have been working on a Halo game based on 4 ODSTs called The Flood, ODSTs are awesome :D
midnightspro
midnightspro

Thumbs Up : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 19th 2015, 1:43 pm

midnightspro wrote:I'm actually have been working on a Halo game based on 4 ODSTs called The Flood, ODSTs are awesome :D

HIGH FIVE!! *raises hand with enthusiasm
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts June 19th 2015, 1:55 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
Okay, now I see it. Well, what engines do you guys wanna suggest?
None of them.

If you don't want a serious answer then my second most serious answer is unity. Because it's free and I know how to use it, so my opinion is biased. I hear unreal takes royalties, but since you can't distribute for cash anyways that doesn't really apply. I also hear unreal is easy to learn and work with.

What you shouldn't use: Scratch.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RYNO-X12 June 19th 2015, 1:56 pm

I am actually the "buddy" he is talking about. My idea is called "Feet First Into Hell" and is a action survival horror where you play as a lone ODST (who was a former Spartan I) in the early stages of the Flood's conversion of High Charity. All of the Covenant has either abandoned High Charity or have been infected by the Flood, so you are pretty much alone. Unlike other Halo games where Terminals/ Audio Logs were easter eggs, these are required to complete "Layers" of High Charity. With the exception of the prolouge level "In Amber Clad" and the final level "Indulgence Of Conviction" (which takes place both on the mentioned ship and parts of High Charity's Holy District), their are four Layers: Lower (largest), Middle, Upper, and Holy (smallest, based on the areas you visited during Halo 2).

It is pretty much an open world experience.

You also have special ODST armor that employs limited Active Camo. Also your health slowly refills (like, it wont refill while you are in combat, but take time to rest and it will be back to full)

Im still working out the exact story myself.
RYNO-X12
RYNO-X12

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 19th 2015, 1:59 pm

Welcome to Waypoint RYNO. Oops...wrong forum. Oh well, welcome to contingency good friend.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by RYNO-X12 June 19th 2015, 2:08 pm

Also, though DreuxPhoenix disagrees, I think Project: Drop should be a purely Single Player experience. Multiplayer simply has too many variables, and would take forever to make. Plus, Microsoft wont care if people are playing a non-profit Halo fan game thats single player only, but if they find competition for the inevitable full release of Halo Online, they would try to shut it down. Which is what I worry will happen. Or has happened.
RYNO-X12
RYNO-X12

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 19th 2015, 2:14 pm

RYNO-X12 wrote:Also, though DreuxPhoenix disagrees, I think Project: Drop should be a purely Single Player experience. Multiplayer simply has too many variables, and would take forever to make. Plus, Microsoft wont care if people are playing a non-profit Halo fan game thats single player only, but if they find competition for the inevitable full release of Halo Online, they would try to shut it down. Which is what I worry will happen. Or has happened.

What if we make the Initial Campaigns first, then head on to multiplayer? This way if Microsoft does notice the project, they won't attempt a shut down; but we could catch them by surprise?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by RYNO-X12 June 19th 2015, 2:17 pm

Why dont we also do your other ideas as well, or allow others to put their campaigns into the game as well?
RYNO-X12
RYNO-X12

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 19th 2015, 2:22 pm

RYNO-X12 wrote:Why dont we also do your other ideas as well, or allow others to put their campaigns into the game as well?

I already said they could. Check out my initial message. (I don't know why, but whenever I type something that I would take as advice, I think others would see it as rude or sarcasm when I don't want them to. Does it seem that way to you?)
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by RYNO-X12 June 19th 2015, 2:25 pm

Oh ok. i hope other people give their feedback on here.
RYNO-X12
RYNO-X12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top