Value of the ODST campaign

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Value of the ODST campaign Empty Value of the ODST campaign

Post by Heatguts June 22nd 2015, 11:13 pm

So MCC came with my xbone (I think its great imo) and I was wondering, in your opinions, if the ODST campaign was worth $5. 0 experience, but I've heard good things about it.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Value of the ODST campaign Empty Re: Value of the ODST campaign

Post by RockMetal&Time June 22nd 2015, 11:57 pm

Heatguts wrote:So MCC came with my xbone (I think its great imo) and I was wondering, in your opinions, if the ODST campaign was worth $5. 0 experience, but I've heard good things about it.

Even if you have already played it hundreds of times like I have it still worth every penny

Also Halo Canon rates it as his most favorite Halo Campaign for me it's my second Favorite the game is just outsanding just buy it man you wont regret it
also apart from the 1080p 60fps you will also get New Avatars for your MCC profile and Nameplates, and 1000 Easy to earn Gamerscore!

so yeah BUY IT!
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory June 23rd 2015, 2:13 am

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-is-getting-backwards-compatibility-1711415443
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 23rd 2015, 2:25 am

Take anything RMT says with a grain of salt by the way. Much hype on his part.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy June 23rd 2015, 4:17 am

R93_Sniper wrote:Take anything RMT says with a grain of salt by the way. Much hype on his part.

Also **** Kotaku
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 23rd 2015, 10:05 am

ODST got me addicted from the start. Once I started playing, I couldn't stop. I must've played though the campaign dozens of times within the first month or two of owning it.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh June 23rd 2015, 11:02 am

Neesy wrote:
R93_Sniper wrote:Take anything RMT says with a grain of salt by the way. Much hype on his part.

Also **** Kotaku

I remember one quote from him.

"Bouncy personality"
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 June 23rd 2015, 12:15 pm

I think I'm getting it for free as compensation for the bad MCC launch. But without firefight, it's not much in terms of content...

If you want ODST with firefight, I'd wait until the game goes cheap for the 360. Like someone mentioned above, there may be backwards compatibility for the Xbone soon, so you could always play it on your newer system later on.

And maybe, if 343 is reasonable enough, they'll offer firefight for ODST on the MCC as further compensation. It's doubtful though.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 23rd 2015, 12:51 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:I think I'm getting it for free as compensation for the bad MCC launch. But without firefight, it's not much in terms of content...

If you want ODST with firefight, I'd wait until the game goes cheap for the 360. Like someone mentioned above, there may be backwards compatibility for the Xbone soon, so you could always play it on your newer system later on.

And maybe, if 343 is reasonable enough, they'll offer firefight for ODST on the MCC as further compensation. It's doubtful though.

You could get it at Game Room. Think gamestop, but super cheap prices. I purchased 8 games and 4 DLCs for about $40. Mostly used games. But whenever I go into a Game Room, they always have Halo Reach Xbox 360 Slim Console! High quality, good games, and the also sell movies as well as have their own arcade. The only thing that sucks is that Super Smash Bros. Melee is still $80. Honestly, you'd think that the price would've gone down as soon as Mewtwo was available for Super Smash Bros. 4.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time June 23rd 2015, 1:01 pm

If you want to play the game at 30fps 720p with firefight just wait till december and buy ODST for 9.99$ on gamestop no point when you probably already own an Xbox 360 :P

Its 5$ 1000 gamerscore 1080p 60fps and cool nameplates + avatars thats alot of value
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts June 23rd 2015, 1:50 pm

Yeah but my tv only supports 720p and I don't know the max framerate on it but 30 is fine with me. Downside is I traded in my 360 to help pay for the xbone, (imo half off isn't bad) so I'm counting on reach and ODST to land on backwards compatibility at some point.

So I suppose the question becomes, is ODST firefight worth the extra $5-$10?

Also, never seen a Game Room store before m8, also not surprised that melee is still selling for that much considering it's probably the most popular gamecube exclusive of all time. Also consider that the online market (ebay sells it for around $40, just checked) is different from the local market. Besides, they have to sell it high enough to pay taxes on their store, and if that's what they can net for it, then that's what they sell it for.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time June 23rd 2015, 1:58 pm

Heatguts wrote:Yeah but my tv only supports 720p and I don't know the max framerate on it but 30 is fine with me. Downside is I traded in my 360 to help pay for the xbone, (imo half off isn't bad) so I'm counting on reach and ODST to land on backwards compatibility at some point.

Also, never seen a Game Room store before m8, also not surprised that melee is still selling for that much considering it's probably the most popular gamecube exclusive of all time. Also consider that the online market (ebay sells it for around $40, just checked) is different from the local market. Besides, they have to sell it high enough to pay taxes on their store, and if that's what they can net for it, then that's what they sell it for.

ODST firefight is really gud I would say it is worth that extra money and I see you are locked to 720p ohh well do as you wish but remember ODST wont be backwards compatible until like December
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer July 5th 2015, 2:57 am

Heatguts wrote:Yeah but my tv only supports 720p and I don't know the max framerate on it but 30 is fine with me. Downside is I traded in my 360 to help pay for the xbone, (imo half off isn't bad) so I'm counting on reach and ODST to land on backwards compatibility at some point.

Sounds like an awfull tv XD

You should see mine, it is 39 inch, 1080p (or 1080i, I'm not sure), 100 hz, and very probably 60 fps : 3
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 5th 2015, 9:54 am

lolslayer wrote:

You should see mine, it is 39 inch, 1080p (or 1080i, I'm not sure), 100 hz, and very probably 60 fps : 3

sorry to one-up you, but I have a smart TV. 1080p and 72 inches. Its connected to all my consoles. I have about 4 consoles is connected to each port. I just have to go to the box of the doll go through to filter through the visuals outlet, press a button, and next thing you know I am playing on my Steam Machine.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 July 5th 2015, 12:19 pm

All TVs in north america should be 60 hertz on average. It is very rare that you don't unless you bought a TV from Europe since at one point 50 hertz was the thing over there for some reason.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 5th 2015, 12:35 pm

General_101 wrote:All TVs in north america should be 60 hertz on average. It is very rare that you don't unless you bought a TV from Europe since at one point 50 hertz was the thing over there for some reason.

well that just Hertz. (Ba-dum tish!)
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 5th 2015, 4:39 pm

Well, according to my ruler, my tv is... somewhat less than 24 inches. (at least screen sized, it has weird plastic borders on the sides that are like an inch thick). Def 720p tho. I don't mind it a whole lot, atm I have an nes, wii, and my xbone hooked up to it, and sometimes I add my laptop for the fullscreen youtubes, which probably couldn't even handle 1080p for the desktop, and the only one of those supporting 1080p is the xbone.

So I don't mind being one-upped. In my case I might as well be like 3-upped with yer fancy-shmancy bigger-than-a-pickup-truck-bed wall-mounted curved 4k 3d tvs.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer July 7th 2015, 9:02 am

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
lolslayer wrote:

sorry to one-up you, but I have a smart TV. 1080p and 72 inches. Its connected to all my consoles. I have about 4 consoles is connected to each port. I just have to go to the box of the doll go through to filter through the visuals outlet, press a button, and next thing you know I am playing on my Steam Machine.

72 inch? :O holy moly

well done, did you get it or did dyou buy it yourself?

Heatguts wrote:Well, according to my ruler, my tv is... somewhat less than 24 inches. (at least screen sized, it has weird plastic borders on the sides that are like an inch thick). Def 720p tho. I don't mind it a whole lot, atm I have an nes, wii, and my xbone hooked up to it, and sometimes I add my laptop for the fullscreen youtubes, which probably couldn't even handle 1080p for the desktop, and the only one of those supporting 1080p is the xbone.

So I don't mind being one-upped. In my case I might as well be like 3-upped with yer fancy-shmancy bigger-than-a-pickup-truck-bed wall-mounted curved 4k 3d tvs.

Admit it, you just use your tv to watch some good pr0nz on a bigger screen (͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy July 7th 2015, 10:53 am

I don't even have a Tv in my flat. Just own a Samsung S24D590 monitor.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer July 7th 2015, 4:05 pm

Neesy wrote:I don't even have a Tv in my flat. Just own a Samsung S24D590 monitor.

It's something :)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 7th 2015, 8:45 pm

Well you gotta keep in mind that screen size is relative to where you're sitting. That's why we don't have 72-inch computer monitors.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top