The Perfect LoZ Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Perfect LoZ Game Empty The Perfect LoZ Game

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 16th 2015, 12:57 am

You know what? Arin is right. LttP was a great game, but the fact that you were told what to do is a tedious and annoying task. Heck, it defies the point of being an adventurer. You are no longer trying to save the world, you are being told how to save the world. What we need is the perfect Zelda game, but to have the story to be a bit vague. What I mean by that is the fact that Link should be as he was originally, a traveler from a foreign land, but his ancestory lay in Hyrule. Being a Foreigner, he doesn't know much about the land and what inhabits it, what dangers and discoveries lay ahead. Sure Skyward Sword somewhat did that, but you were still somewhat taken on a tour.

Here's what needs to happen: you have a scripted level, sort of like a prologue that tells you the gravity of the situation. Then, once the level is complete, you can have your world to explore all you want. But you still have your main quests and side quests. Only they have no specified order. What we should have is somewhat like Megaman, where you can select who you want to defeat, then head on to the next guy who will be easier to beat with what you found in that dungeon. For example, every boss can be beaten if only the sword were used, but it is easier to use their weakness to your advantage. If I were to head into the Fire temple and obtain a weapon of some sort, then I could beat the Ice temple boss with more ease and in less time, rather than slashing at it with my sword.

The story is still the same if it is kept vague. You are a hero who prevented "x" from happening in the prologue dungeon, then you fought through eight or ten dungeons in order to unlock the way to the final boss and beat Ganon, Vaati, Bellum, or whatever. It allows players to explore to their will and whim in order to progress in the game. Heck, even allow them to go to shops in a certain town to get an item which is essential to progress in some bonus areas or make your way to the rest of the dungeon. Or have players explore to get an item to make it easier to beat a specific boss, much like LttP did, in order to make exploring by yourself an essential and required part of the game.

Even having some areas roped off until a certain dungeon or mini-dungeon is completed, or even a side quest to help a simple farmer defend his farm from bandits in order to gain access to his fields in order to unearth an old raft in order to sail the seas to a nearby island to defeat another mini-dungeon side quest...just to expand the gameplay. I want to hear your thoughts on this, and please comment.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

The Perfect LoZ Game Empty Re: The Perfect LoZ Game

Post by DatGuyYouKnow July 16th 2015, 3:40 am

I never played legend of zelda.
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh July 16th 2015, 6:50 am

The perfect LoZ alreqdy exists. It's callrd Oracle of Seasons.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 16th 2015, 9:43 am

The perfect LoZ already exists. It's called Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
I'm being serious.

Although I will hand it to you, I think Link's Awakening was pretty good. The music was certainly my favorite. Haven't played either of the Oracle games though, although I'm pretty sure I own one of them on 3DS virtual console.

also @DreuxPhoenix the game you're describing already exists. It has little direction to help players, and people make speedruns beating the game up to ganon without getting the sword. Dungeons can be done somewhat out of order, although dungeons 4 and 7 require you to have an item from dungeons 3 and 5, respectively. The world is completely opened to you at the start of the game, and clever placement of the sword teaches gamers how to move and how to enter doors, while the attack button is clearly labled and players can use that screen to figure out how their sword works.

Every boss is easier to defeat the more weapons you have. One is beatable using bombs, which you can find in the overworld, and most of the others are beatable with the sword, although sometimes arrows or bombs are a better choice. In fact, you can even kill one of the enemies by yelling at it. For funsies, you can obtain a magic wand that lets you run around completely unstoppable since you can spam it because you don't have a magic meter.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm talking about the original Legend of Zelda. I feel every zelda player should be required to beat it. Link's 3D adventures have been incredibly linear, which is why I'm forgiving in that aspect to Zelda II, and the combat has been incredibly boring, block attack, strike while open, wait for the windup animation on the enemy, rinse and repeat. I liked the first game's style better, actually, which is weird because it just entails beating everything that moves with your sword until it dies. Skyward sword was a lot of fun, but at the same time, there were lots of moments where it was just so linear, it completely took me out of the experience. Also Fi's singing animation.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top