Video game survey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video game survey Empty Video game survey

Post by lolslayer August 3rd 2016, 2:58 pm

Hello everybody!

For a school project, me and a friend of mine will research the aspects of what makes a fun video game, and when the research is finished, we'll actually create a game based on our conclusions.

The first fase of our research is to ask people what aspects of video games they like most.

Please take in mind: The answers to each question vary per game, of course, one answer doesn't work out well for all games in the world. So please answer what aspects you prefer with games when choosing what game to play, and not what aspects all video games in the world should have.

Link to the survey:
https://surveyplanet.com/57a0fec182024cac2d7a94c4

Many thanks in advance, Lolslayer.
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Video game survey Empty Re: Video game survey

Post by Stevedoggen August 3rd 2016, 10:18 pm

with the 'reveal everything, no surprises' vs 'everything is secret' question, tbh a middle ground would be ideal.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer August 4th 2016, 8:53 am

Stevedoggen wrote:with the 'reveal everything, no surprises' vs 'everything is secret' question, tbh a middle ground would be ideal.

Yeah, it was stupid that we didn't include an "other" option with every question. We'll think of that in future surveys. (And there will be more, for more info about this go to the halomaps post: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49618)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordpyromon August 5th 2016, 2:28 am

I wish that there was an answer in the beta question that said something along the lines of "as long as the developers listen to feedback then it's fine" because I really wanted to put that.
Lordpyromon
Lordpyromon

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer August 5th 2016, 10:12 am

Lordpyromon wrote:I wish that there was an answer in the beta question that said something along the lines of "as long as the developers listen to feedback then it's fine" because I really wanted to put that.

That's a little bit too obious to be honest. That's the main reason for indie devs to create beta's, it's only that not all of them listens quite well to the feedback.

Thanks for doing the survey!
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat August 5th 2016, 11:48 am

I guess then as your asking for people to complete the survey,
1. you are trying to establish what type of game and gameplay is wanted.
2. You are prepared to either disregard, or diminish their input as your going to draw your own conclusion as to what people want!
3. If your going to put time and effort into this, your prepared to start all over again because people, want this changed or that changed and want this colour and not that colour, this weapon , not that one, This map and this but not that one!

Welcome to the life and world of a Dev, I think you may now get a picture of what the wants and needs of the many have on a games development. At some point you are just have to say 'Scr*w It, its staying like this!'.
(Not that I was making any direct comparison to certain posts in the forums of  a certain Project).
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 7th 2016, 10:02 pm

Are you going to release the results to this once you've completed the survey? Idk how wide of a community you're distributing this too but here and halomaps seems like you're only collecting data from a niche sample. Perhaps a few questions about preferred platform (genre was covered but could have been wider), amount of gaming experience, and time spent gaming per week would help gain information about the sample so you'd know how weighted the sample is in a certain community.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top