Community Map Collaboration...

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Community Map Collaboration... - Page 3 Empty Re: Community Map Collaboration...

Post by Jaing October 31st 2014, 3:11 am

But the question is... how will the iconic blood gulch map be remade?
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Community Map Collaboration... - Page 3 Empty Re: Community Map Collaboration...

Post by Mootjuh October 31st 2014, 3:20 am

I don't know exactly how the terrain generation works and if you can modify the terrain and delete faces, but scuplting a simple map like BG isn't very hard(excluding the tunnels as I don't know how they would be implanted in the terrain, in CryEngine atleast, anyone care to explain how that works?). You could even open up the ground blend map and try recreating the blend by hand(or bake the old blend onto the terrain UVs if that's allowed). I see bo problem other than the tunnels, assuming everything else(like teleporters) work.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts October 31st 2014, 4:51 pm

Jaing wrote:But the question is... how will the iconic blood gulch map be remade?
It will use a siimiliar feel and style to valhalla and will be called coagulation.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing October 31st 2014, 11:45 pm

But that's technically using Microsoft assets.. it would have to be called Ragnalation or something. Maybe Swift Gulch or something. 
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 31st 2014, 11:47 pm

Unless we actually rip the map from their games or use their textures or something on par to that, we're good. Creating by scratch is fine.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing October 31st 2014, 11:49 pm

Oh, so it's ok to call it Blood Gulch? I sincerely feel that it should be called that as it brings back.. so.. many.. tears...
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 31st 2014, 11:55 pm

No, we'd still need to come up with a new name, though we can reference it
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 1st 2014, 12:10 am

heres an image from burney Lead developer of Glassed he gave me the link to it today might as well share it!

Community Map Collaboration... - Page 3 Glasse10
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper November 1st 2014, 12:13 am

Wait Burney...as in SSB Burney?
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 1st 2014, 12:23 am

R93_Sniper wrote:Wait Burney...as in SSB Burney?

SBB Burney yeah he's the one who started Nefranius Software the although development suspended since he fired some of the new devs he recently acquired which where to lazy or something along those lines also school is making him have less and less time to spend on the game and so hes relaxing a bit until he gets life cleared up :D
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 1st 2014, 12:55 am

That looks like beavercreek.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 1st 2014, 8:28 am

It is, but isn't that just the Anniversary map?
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 1st 2014, 9:37 am

No, it's one of the maps from Glassed I believe.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 1st 2014, 10:21 am

I mean is the geometry extracted from the map? I mean it looks like it is.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneko-chan November 1st 2014, 10:36 am

i want to create a original map for this project buuuuut i'm kinda used to using unreal engine 4 with its glorious ui.... when this project is all done i'll probably take a look into porting maps from ue4 to c.e but right now i'm gonna sit back and take a sip of my tea

keep up the good work guys~
Aneko-chan
Aneko-chan

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 1st 2014, 11:18 am

Jaing wrote:That looks like beavercreek.

It is beavercreek a recreation not finished WIP
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 1st 2014, 11:27 am

Dude RM&T you really need to start using periods. Period. 
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 1st 2014, 11:30 am

No.
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 1st 2014, 1:29 pm

Lol.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 1st 2014, 4:21 pm

Well we can always actually join the team if you want to make maps.
As for me, I'm redoing some older maps for this allong with atleast one original map by me. Note that O'm only doing environment, structures are out of my area.

This is what has been requested to me so far.

-Sidewinder (Halo: Combat Evolved)
-Death Island (Halo: Combat Evolved), this one would work with 16+ people.
-A mix between Timberland and its Reach variant(Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo Reach)
-Valhalla (Halo 3)
-Bloodgulch, obviously (Halo: Combat Evolved)
-Sidewinder (Halo: Combat Evolved)

And so far the only custom map requested was Extinction (Halo: Custom Edition)
That one would be kinda perfect for 64 players. Thought one would have to rebalance with new weapons and vehicles(Elephant plz). I don't.know if the gameplay will work but it's worth a shot IMO.

One may think "maps being recycled" but the gameplay of those maps work and people like remakes(mcc).

Kinda need people(that are part of the team) for the structures though. For those who can fill that job that aren't in the team, fill im a form and if you get recruited you're welcome to help me.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 1st 2014, 10:39 pm

Mootjuh wrote:And so far the only custom map requested was Extinction (Halo: Custom Edition)
That one would be kinda perfect for 64 players. Thought one would have to rebalance with new weapons and vehicles(Elephant plz). I don't.know if the gameplay will work but it's worth a shot IMO.
Extinction was fun, but it was always a boar? waiting for the enemy team to finally show up. Most of the vehicles were broken, so that should require quite a lot of re-working. The weapons had bad animations, bad sounds, and if I recall correctly the Longsword had a nuke that was severely OP. All these could be re-workable, and the map design overall was simple. I remember they had a Extinction Night AI map? I think that could work, sort of as a "Campaign". Not for servers, ofc. 
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper November 2nd 2014, 12:08 am

He's talking about using the basic concept of extinction and reworking into a map that could possibly be used for something like our game
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 2nd 2014, 12:47 am

That work especially with 64 players since the map is huge. It will be using the default weapons and vehicles that should appear in any other map. Sculpting the environment for that one isn't jard.. It's a sandbox with structures basically. In the original it usually took a while to find someone,but multiplying the playercount with 4 could fix that.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 2nd 2014, 9:42 am

But what is the basic concept of extinction? Extinction should be transformed into an attack/defence of sorts, wouldbesikm8
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 2nd 2014, 12:01 pm

I think it should be 2-sided CTF or assault where the map should focus on. Neither base has a clear advantage over the other so 1-way is not what its designed for.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top