Community Map Collaboration...

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Community Map Collaboration... - Page 2 Empty Re: Community Map Collaboration...

Post by mmorpg4free August 21st 2014, 3:35 am

Well there could be a thing where you can blow the building
ITs pretty simple when 8+ players join an explosive pops on the building and if someone walks to it and hits it it will blow him up and the building making an entrence to the other side of the map
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Community Map Collaboration... - Page 2 Empty Re: Community Map Collaboration...

Post by Senjin August 21st 2014, 4:47 am

@mmorpg4free
It what if the player leaves again... do we just teleport everyone out of the area and have the building magically reappear?

Also this is your chance! Make "block out" maps, submit them and the devs may pick it to populate with aesthetics and the such.
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 21st 2014, 6:20 am

No the building will stay there what was opened was opened no more closing. The next part of the map would need 16 players but u r 7 that means more players to join.
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind August 21st 2014, 7:48 am

For barriers keeping people from accessing the closed parts of the map I was thinking.

Say it's possible to open part of the map as more people join a started game. Start with 8 players at the beginning.

Hard kill zones surround the 8 player area, keeping players from entering the 12 player areas, and 16 player areas. They are accessible through doors that only open when more people join. 4 people join, making it 12 players. The hard kill zones disappear and the doors open, allowing more play area. 4 people quit bringing it back to 8 players. A soft kill zone appears in the entirety of the 12 player area, say 10 seconds. After that time, the doors close, soft kill becomes hard kill, any players in the 12 player zone are killed.

The new areas should not give access to power weapons that are not already available on the 8 player area, they can have extras though. The new areas should NOT create a power weapon rush. Simply more area for more people. The doors keeping players in an 8 player field could be energy doors, similar to Snowbounds weapon barriers in the bases, and simply allow passage when more than 8 players are in the game. Or you could just use opening and closing doors.

The whole maps loads when the game starts. The new areas just unlock when a player count is reached.

I only really thought of this whole concept in the span of 10 minutes, so if anyone has and ideas or questions, feel free to say something, even add to it ^_^

I guess you could also make it so the area stays open even if people leave.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind August 21st 2014, 8:00 am

Another idea.

Circular arena, max player count 32, max team count 4 (allowing 8 teams of 4), around the edge of the arena are evenly spaced out doors leading to 8 separate bases (including perhaps secret passageways into the bases to keep it from bottlenecking at the main doors).

This could maybe work for slayer and ctf I think.

Game starts with 8 players, 4 on each team. 4 people join, another bases doors (main and secret passageways) open and they spawn at that base. This continues until all bases are open and occupied.

Super multiteam CTF anyone? ;D
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 21st 2014, 10:16 am

Man 2 complicated just keep it simple
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 21st 2014, 3:55 pm

Arghh, red guy, im gonna keel you so bad

Oh wait truce truce we gotta get back in the map cuz jimmy quit

Run faster oh wait i just exploded y did i explodz?

Oh i see milky miky joined and now the explosive mine is back and i dieded.

Imma respawned an nao imma explor map k guiz

oh wtf i just got keeld by a invizible wallz

suhpriz guiz dont go there inviz wal mans

oh sry jimmy u cant rejoin cuz milky micey is hear n if u join teh map wil haev that erea nobudy lieks so sry man
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind August 21st 2014, 9:16 pm

<_< y u has to kill my idea

;-; i has a sad now

But yeah, easily fixed by just making them stay available after unlocked like mmo suggested.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 22nd 2014, 12:41 am

I like your idea but I think it's impractical. You need a pretty hefty computer not to mention a really good connection, something only Overclocked, Ax, RM&T, and that 14 year old guy with his OP desktop.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin August 22nd 2014, 1:21 am

How about this.
The more players that join, the more objectives are spawned at the same time. That will disperse the players a bit if a swell joins or it will condense the players if numbers swing detracting. The majority of the objectives will spawn somewhere where small team battles fit, like the middle. More players that join will cause more objectives to spawn on the outliers of the map giving reason to go there. It can be sorta like capture and hold the objective; after 2 minutes the team is awarded score derived from the number of objectives controlled by the end of the count down.

If you want to complicate things with power weapons, height, etc...
Scoring an objective will turn a nearby bunker to your team for the next 2 minutes that can be extended consecutively by keeping the objective. The bunker will be a spawn point, have one way shields, maybe something cool like a man cannon or teleporter or some tall sniper point, and 30 sec power weapon spawns. The extremity of the power weapon advantage will be determined by the location of the bunker relative to higher player counts. Like if we have 10 v 10 the bunker unlocked by having said 20 players will have 2 rocket launchers. Maybe if it goes to 30 players the far out bunker spawns a scorpion.
For the sake of not dragging out utter anal destruction if one team overpowers all the objectives and there are already many objectives out then the team is defeated by default if they can't capture one of the (I don't know like 5 I guess?) objectives for 2 consecutive turns ...
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 22nd 2014, 2:57 am

Jaing wrote:I like your idea but I think it's impractical. You need a pretty hefty computer not to mention a really good connection, something only Overclocked, Ax, RM&T, and that 14 year old guy with his OP desktop.

R u talkin bout me??
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 22nd 2014, 11:41 am

mmorpg4free wrote:
Jaing wrote:I like your idea but I think it's impractical. You need a pretty hefty computer not to mention a really good connection, something only Overclocked, Ax, RM&T, and that 14 year old guy with his OP desktop.

R u talkin bout me??

yeah lets all bow down to your rig
*starts chanting*
hamanah hamanah hamanah*
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 22nd 2014, 3:11 pm

For waht is this chant?
Also is it just me or are the forums really dying out.
Like its just me jaing sometimes heatguts RMT senjin and 2 devs..
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 22nd 2014, 3:58 pm

mmorpg4free wrote:For waht is this chant?
Also is it just me or are the forums really dying out.
Like its just me jaing sometimes heatguts RMT senjin and 2 devs..

Its been that way for a long time
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 22nd 2014, 4:00 pm

Well, this has been fun, but now...

Community Map Collaboration... - Page 2 9k=

Lol. I searched that exact phrase on google images hoping this picture would exist somewhere.

Senjin's idea seems perfect. It keeps players closer together while still allowing them the same freedom they always had.

I am Heatguts and I approve this idea.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin August 22nd 2014, 4:57 pm

Approved and supported by the HAA foundation.
(Heatguts Approval Association)
It's pulled off of Ghost Recon: FS's conflict gametypes. The great thing about it is that the objectives take lots of time to capture so team cover is important. I've had tight moments where I'm being cheered on by my friends as I'm holding onto the x button with a deathgrip to finish that tiny sliver needed to finish the capture and the objective has 10 seconds left on the countdown and all hell has broken loose all around me.

I won a game like that, barely broke the tie breaker with like 247 to 240. Team actions give one point, objectives game 100)

@Mmorpf4free,
Yeah it's like that often. It's only broken when the devs release some news and we see 30 new faces saying , "omg wow", "like that's hot gurl," "I'd just like to thank you *sob* f-f-for bringing my *sniffle* favorite game to pc. *choke a little* it's been so long since a halo game was released on pc"
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 22nd 2014, 5:35 pm

The "objectives closer to the middle" thing is really the main point I think.

It could work like that for stuff like king of the hill where all the hills spawn closer together (for 2v2 games, ffa games they are everywhere) and for oddball where the spawns are closer to the middle.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind August 23rd 2014, 1:15 am

How is my idea impractical, there is absolutely nothing about it that would tax a computer. Maybe 3 extra seconds on the loading screen. If that and a kill zone or two appearing or disappearing is too taxing for your computer, I don't know how you'll play the game.

My idea was to have an available area for when more people join, instead of a person having to choose between an 8 player map and a massive 32 player map, because it would be cool to be like "everyone invite friends lets see how many we can get!" instead of having to choose one map because it the only map that you like that could accommodate the amount of players you want.

If you're going to accuse my idea of being impractical and overtaxing, you need valid points, or your opinion is invalidated.

Nice idea Senjin, but what does this do about non-objective games? And I don't really care for the power weapon idea, it seems incredibly overpowered. Giving the team an insurmountable base that has power weapons spawn every 30 seconds?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin August 23rd 2014, 2:06 am

@deadofmind,
You can extend the spawn intervals of the power weapons you know. It might be a little op, but the point was giving reward to owning the objective. It's a 2 minute base, it doesn't last long. It's meant to help you keep the objective so you can be elsewhere, and so you can walk a little less for those players who are impatient. It also helps by preventing spawn camping at your main spawn. Besides when you have lots of players there will be lots of bases so as long as you hold a couple you get power weapons to try to assault their power weapon supplying bases and hopefully add them to your arsenal by the end of the 2 minutes. It kinda calls a little for coordination and map watching to see where the enemy is pushing.

It doesn't do anything for non-objective gametypes, it itself is a gametype. You're idea isn't too impractical, it'd just get a little annoying we're trying to say. Like if the game is teetering on having enough players and not. If one person left suddenly everyone in the expanded area dies, but then suddenly you can go back because another person immediately joined.
My idea was taking the issue of dispersing dynamic quantities of players and dealing with it by gametype rather than map design. For the map, it will remain a 32vs32 size, but there isn't really any need to go to those extraneous areas because there isn't enough players to have objectives spawn way out there. But when there are, now you already have room to expand the fight and you gain reason to expand the fight over there...

Although personally I like maps too small for their number count. The mayhem of having two teams of 8 squeezing into a room and having a firefight brawl ending in grenade spam explosions sounds appealing to me.
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 23rd 2014, 5:28 am

What I mean is connection. For example, if the Host lives in the U.S., and let's say, some kid lives in Australia, there might be a delay/lag in how the areas are "Unlocked" and such. It would lead to imbalance.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind August 23rd 2014, 1:06 pm

There is an unbreakable imbalance in any known game when the server/host is in a country far away, USA and Australia for example. How exactly would a couple of doors opening up, allowing people to have more room to run around, imbalance the entire game?

In fact, hitboxes and headshots are imbalanced due to delay and lag, therefore I propose we remove and don't even bother adding weapons into the game. Instead everyone should sit in a circle listening to kumbaya and petting kittens.

You see?

Also, one person quitting wouldn't immediately kill everyone in the outlying zones. I already stated that we could apply a soft kill boundary with like, 15-30 seconds for everyone to get out. Or just leave it accessible once opened.

You guys are coming up with some ridiculous reasons to NOT try to implement a potentially awesome idea, and instead put something that might imbalance everything.

If the team has enough objectives to have bases (thus most likely winning) why exactly are you thinking we should supply them with EXTRA power weapons so they could KEEP winning, and even potentially spawn kill the opposite team?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin August 23rd 2014, 1:50 pm

@Deadofmind,
That's sorta how RTS works. Have more bases means better economy = better army. Now there isn't any complaints there. This kinda turns halo into a joint macro-strategy shooter.
Also I had proposed a way to end the game quicker if the other team is dominating one team.
To steal some of that firepower back you need a coordinated push. To protect your firepower you need a gathered defense. Since players spawn in a bunker nearby the objective with possible power weapons this means you can't lone wolf capture it very easily. Oh before any spouting of players constantly trickling from the bunker, as with most objective based gametypes there is a longer spawn time. And this is alleviated by the further outwards bunker spawns...

Also, correction, every objective has a bunker/base. I kinda mixed up the terms. So for clarification, every objective has a bunker and by base I meant bunker. The base is the first spawn area of the players that can't be entered by the enemy team and can never be captured. Also it doesn't provide any score (cuz really it's just a spawn point).
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh October 30th 2014, 9:59 pm

Well, they could always recruit a few more mapmakers to create some MP maps. And I don't think it would be an issue if one would recreate an existing map from scratch. Just like they're recreating existing Halo assets from scratch.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin October 31st 2014, 12:38 am

Mootjuh wrote:Well, they could always recruit a few more mapmakers to create some MP maps. And I don't think it would be an issue if one would recreate an existing map from scratch. Just like they're recreating existing Halo assets from scratch.
Well copyright issues ending in a Cease and Desist are a threat, making a map that's too similar will attract attention from 343i...
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 31st 2014, 1:50 am

Actually he proves a point. Recreating maps would/should be fine so long as we don't use ripped assets, as one would be led to believe
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top