Community Map Collaboration...

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Community Map Collaboration... - Page 6 Empty Re: Community Map Collaboration...

Post by R93_Sniper December 21st 2014, 5:02 am

spawn times are dictated by gametype, so that, along with what you're saying, proves you don't get the point being made
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Community Map Collaboration... - Page 6 Empty Re: Community Map Collaboration...

Post by Senjin December 21st 2014, 2:37 pm

@Lolslayer,
How bout' this. Capture the flag gametype, One power weapon in the underground area (not the center because people can just jump into the ravine and get to it) and one warthog in the center bridge.
Simple right?
Players go on foot to wrestle over the warthog on the top so they can deliver flag carriers back and forth easier, players go on bottom to get a power weapon that could potentially destroy the warthog-or more useful destroy any players trying to enter the base to capture your own flag.

Just the power weapon needs to be in another room not so easily accessed from the ravine shortcut else one team has the chance to get both the warthog and power weapon.

Simplicity often accidently leads into balance.
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh December 21st 2014, 2:41 pm

The ramp would almost be useless that way. The map is simple but way too simple if you ask me.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer December 27th 2014, 2:15 pm

Mootjuh wrote:The ramp would almost be useless that way. The map is simple but way too simple if you ask me.

maybe, i will probably make this map in forge mode to see what is annoying in the gameplay, but before i do that, what style does contingency have? halo 3, reach or 4? or even ce?
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 27th 2014, 3:42 pm

We have our own style
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer December 27th 2014, 3:51 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:We have our own style
that doesnt help XD, but where does it look like most?
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh December 27th 2014, 5:01 pm

Contributors and the main team are there to seehow annoying the gameplay is if it gets through approval in the first place.
But I can tell you what's wrong, you basically force players to use vehicles in an already small map. You also make it considerably, unnecessarily longer for players on foot to reach the opposite base. It also seems a bit unbalanced for anything other than CTF or Assault.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer December 28th 2014, 6:55 am

Mootjuh wrote:Contributors and the main team are there to seehow annoying the gameplay is if it gets through approval in the first place.
But I can tell you what's wrong, you basically force players to use vehicles in an already small map. You also make it considerably, unnecessarily longer for players on foot to reach the opposite base. It also seems a bit unbalanced for anything other than CTF or Assault.
\

yeah, it was pretty much made for ctf :/, and i hoped that ppl would like the idea that if there are vehicles then you get a little treat by getting much faster to the base and back, but there aren't so many guys positive about that idea ;n;
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free December 28th 2014, 10:33 am

We still didnt get anything cool for Christmas from Contingency D;
Maybe New year stuff? :D
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 28th 2014, 11:01 am

They've said they were aiming for gameplay true to halo 3, so I'm guessing halo 3. Unless you mean visual style, in which case, go to the gallery and take a look.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer December 28th 2014, 1:20 pm

Heatguts wrote:They've said they were aiming for gameplay true to halo 3, so I'm guessing halo 3. Unless you mean visual style, in which case, go to the gallery and take a look.
thx ;D, and i dont bother visual style, i will even not get close to the visual style of combat evolved :P
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh December 30th 2014, 7:17 am

MAking it look pretty is the very last step.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer December 30th 2014, 4:32 pm

Mootjuh wrote:MAking it look pretty is the very last step.
yeah i know, and the problem is that i cant xD
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh December 30th 2014, 8:31 pm

That is our job
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer December 31st 2014, 5:03 am

Mootjuh wrote:That is our job
yeah i know ;D, now I'll just wait until I got a great idea even Mootjuh would like :P
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top