Project: Contingency community gamenights

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Project: Contingency community gamenights Empty Project: Contingency community gamenights

Post by R93_Sniper June 5th 2014, 3:30 pm

Alright guys, as promised i'll be holding some gamenights on Halo Custom Edition. Right now i dont have times or dates set up because i want to get a solid maplist, so lets just get some basic things out of the way

Game: Halo Custom Edition
Max Players: 16
Version: 1.0.10
Console will be Disabled

Maplist:
Requiem
Revelations
Z_Coagulation_H2_PB2
Z_Sanctuary_H2_PB2
TLMP Amplitude
H3 Foundry
CMT Snow Grove
Yoyorast Island (V2)
Portent
Precipice

Timing:
[To Be Announced Soon]

That being put out, i'll be editing this post from time to time to keep on adding new information. If you guys have SPECIFIC maps that you want me to look at, Now would be a good time to place links in further comments.

QUALIFICATIONS FOR MAPS
1. Vanilla Tagset Preferred, but a Solid H2/H3 tagset would be considered. ZTeam and CMT maps will also be considered
2. Absolutely NO Halo 4 maps
3. Absolutely NO Blood Gulch Mods
4. Absurdly Huge maps such as Coldsnap will be rejected
5. Should be able to support multiple Gamemodes (Slayer and CTF  required, Race and Oddball preferred to be available)
6. Maps that have secret weapons that cause Exceptions (Looking at you Chronopolis) can be considered, but if people abuse exception causing items, then map will not be used.
7. Secret Room hunting, it may be a thing after competitive time is over

Also, Keep it clean guys

Last edited by R93_Sniper on July 2nd 2014, 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Project: Contingency community gamenights Empty Re: Project: Contingency community gamenights

Post by RockMetal&Time June 5th 2014, 4:15 pm

Halo 3 maps are the best! i hope you include H3 Valhalla, H3 Foundry Or H3 Core :D

as for Vanilla tagset maps I don't really know but I've played Requiem and I loved it
not sure about Revelations never heard of it

also I have changed my mind It seems that Halo 4 esque Maps are a total piece of shit
I just needed to play them again to figure it out now I feel enlightened haha

and Finally your server is going to be awesome just for one reason...
No huge maps! seriously **** Coldsnap, Hugeass and extinction
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Project: Contingency community gamenights Empty Re: Project: Contingency community gamenights

Post by Heatguts June 5th 2014, 6:53 pm

I'm working on a H3 Beaver Creek, but as that doesn't have a custom bsp, it's probably not worth putting forth. (Also, I can't figure out where tool keeps exporting the map to. It shows up as playable, but in the files themselves it isn't in my maps folder.)

I just got the HUD working, and I'm using weapons mostly from h3 foundry. (Definitely add that map to the server list.) If it sounds like something you want to see, I'll give you guys a link.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 5th 2014, 7:44 pm

Dont know of any good Valhalla maps. Slappy maybe has the closest one. Foundry i might put in. Core is unbalanced as shit unfortunately.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xNFx Monsta June 5th 2014, 8:10 pm

Spent all of yesterday night getting Halo Custom Edition, can someone tell me what I have to do/Download in order to prepare for this game night ?? :) I installed Hac2 as well, I haven't used custom edition in a while but I know how to install things easily.
xNFx Monsta
xNFx Monsta

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts June 5th 2014, 8:15 pm

Did you update it? Run the haloupdate.exe thing in the same folder as the game itself (and hek if you have that). You need admin privileges I think.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by xNFx Monsta June 5th 2014, 8:22 pm

Yeah it updated yesterday, I tried to play multiplayer and it force updated :L is this a bad thing ?? I can just delete it and start over haha no big deal. And yeah I'm running it on my mac, using parallels ( Full Administrator privileges) :D I also have halo 2 if we will ever have a custom game night for that too :)
xNFx Monsta
xNFx Monsta

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 5th 2014, 8:35 pm

Never halo 2, stupid broken PC port
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing June 5th 2014, 9:24 pm

Don't know what tagset and all that kinda shit you've specified before, but here's a list of all-time favorites.
- Yoyorast (Not sure if counted as big)
- CMT Snowgrove V1/2
- Headlong PB2
- Arctic Wasteland V2 (unsure, looks promising, downloading now. Race invalid)
- Storm, close CQB Map
- Cold Valley
- Bloodrage, H3 Remake of bloodgulch (What do you mean by absolutely no mods of bloodgulch?)

Eh, I know, but still, the best map of all..
Bloodgulch!
-
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time June 5th 2014, 9:56 pm

xNFx Monsta wrote:Spent all of yesterday night getting Halo Custom Edition, can someone tell me what I have to do/Download in order to prepare for this game night ?? :)I installed Hac2 as well, I haven't used custom edition in a while but I know how to install things easily.

1. update it to 1.0.10
2. Install HAC 2.0 http://blog.haloanticheat.com/
3.Change your Field of view
4.Install emblems
5.download maps
6.Install ENB series or some sort of graphical improvement
7.wait for this server to come up
8.click on that shit
9.automatically download the maps with HAC
10.Unleash your l33t Skillz
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts June 6th 2014, 6:31 pm

xNFx Monsta wrote:Yeah it updated yesterday, I tried to play multiplayer and it force updated :L is this a bad thing ?? I can just delete it and start over haha no big deal. And yeah I'm running it on my mac, using parallels ( Full Administrator privileges) :DI also have halo 2 if we will ever have a custom game night for that too :)
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hmm. I guess you're using WINE (or the mac equivalent.)

May I recommend windows? We have better narrarators, better command lines, better security (at least if you want to break in I consider it better  ;) ), and for every windows computer you buy, (by association), 343 gets more money to develop Halo!
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by PunxsutawnyFil June 6th 2014, 9:57 pm

The Pit is the best Halo map ever
PunxsutawnyFil
PunxsutawnyFil

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 6th 2014, 10:29 pm

The Pit was cool but I for some reason never really got too into it
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PunxsutawnyFil June 6th 2014, 10:39 pm

It's really fun for CTF.
PunxsutawnyFil
PunxsutawnyFil

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts June 7th 2014, 12:42 pm

Well, I finished the beta version of my beaver creek map. Now all that needs to be done is weapon balancing.

You'd think importing a biped, hud, and some weapons wouldn't be that hard. Well, it was harder than you'd think. Let's leave it at that.

And don't even get me started on getting people to spawn with a stupid ar and a pistol in CTF. For the last time, HHT, you can't spawn someone with a health pack, and next time you compile the map, put those tags one spot down so I don't have to do it myself.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 7th 2014, 3:52 pm

why are you using HHT? just learn to use HEK and run with it
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts June 7th 2014, 4:24 pm

I can use HEK, but after 5 hours of changing every dependency in globals.globals and beaver creek m.scenario I could find, I was running out of things to change. I recalled a thread in another site on Halo Trial modding on carrying three weapons that involved changing dependencies somewhere in the scenario, so I found it and it took me at most 15 minutes after locating the thread. (Locating the thread took 30 at least.)

Besides, I know how to make a biped gun with HMT and to do it with the stupid HEK I'd have to make my own projectile tag.

In HMT I just have to replace one string of alphanumerical characters with another. Copy. Paste. Done.

And don't even get me started on Sapien. If I was a better coder, I'd just mod sparkedit to the point where it would do AI stuff and work with CE maps.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts June 8th 2014, 9:44 am

Don't even get me started on unicode strings. If notepad can save in unicode why does it have to be so special for tags? At least SteelixB has a nice string editor but now I can say First place is Master Chief and nice stuff like that. I have the same thing for bitmaps first they have to be .tiffs which can be hard to save as and then I have to put them in a specific folder and run a specific command so that I can navigate to a different folder, copy, navigate again, and paste. The entire process is so lengthy I want to just make a batch file to do it for me which I probably should.

Bitmaps also have to be a power of two which limits sizes to either 512 or 1024 for a side and that is pretty limited if you don't want to scale that and my awesome reconz now looks like but and it took 3 hours on my computer and 3 more hours of brainstorming to get it there but its ok because for that split second everyone who loads my map gets to see some awesome reconz.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 8th 2014, 4:48 pm

...Wow, you're making it out a lot more complicated for yourself. I've been doing HEK for several years now though so i guess my experience kinda mitigates the issues. If you need specific help you can just contact me. If we ever fix the stupid PM system here i'd give you my Xfire
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts June 8th 2014, 5:00 pm

I wasn't even aware the PM system was broken.

And yeah, I figure as I do it more it'll become less lengthy and I'll shorten it up somehow.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 9th 2014, 11:38 pm

Maps, do eet
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 10th 2014, 5:18 pm

Guise stahp it. Gimmie maps or u no get gamenights
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time June 10th 2014, 5:38 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Guise stahp it. Gimmie maps or u no get gamenights

H2 ascencion
H2 lockout
H2 Sanctuary

choose one

RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 10th 2014, 7:11 pm

...I like how you picked literally my top 3 Halo 2 maps
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time June 10th 2014, 8:19 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:...I like how you picked literally my top 3 Halo 2 maps

Then Pick all 3
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top