Ever heard that Ensemble Studios was working on another Halo Title?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ever heard that Ensemble Studios was working on another Halo Title? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ever heard that Ensemble Studios was working on another Halo Title?

Post by Heatguts May 30th 2016, 9:37 am

I'm completely serious. If they put me in charge of a team and said "make a halo MMO" that'd be my first draft.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Ever heard that Ensemble Studios was working on another Halo Title? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ever heard that Ensemble Studios was working on another Halo Title?

Post by deadofmind May 30th 2016, 4:35 pm

Entire series is named "Halo" yet they have never made a game where you could explore a whole Halo <_<; I feel like they've dropped the ball with that, and so my absolutely non Halo related title is based all around that.

"Here is a Ring World, there are monsters, this is now your playground, have fun ^_~"

NO barriers, wall to wall explorable, underground tunnels/caves/rooms to find, armies of enemies to kill, tons of secrets to find.

I've got the entire game figured out, now I just have to make it, easy right?! ;D
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 30th 2016, 4:39 pm

Well, if we combine the forces of Project contingency, installation 01, halo glassed, halo mia, the custom edition community, the eldewrito community and every halo fanatic in the world + 343i and bungie we might just be able to make this happen
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh May 30th 2016, 6:48 pm

The latter 2 would ruin the effort put by the rest.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 30th 2016, 7:50 pm

I01 tried to get us to merge with them. We declined because there's no way in hell most of us are willing to work with Unity.

Glassed is literally a 2 man team, Burney does what he want and I wouldn't really want to call on his help, he wouldn't want to do it.

I don't know what Halo MIA is

A portion of our team comes from CE, such as myself. But a large portion of the CE community doesn't know what they're doing and/or are unskilled. I'd refer you but im not going to call people out

No offense to the people working on it, but the Dewrito community is terrible. Most of the people there make blind accusations and remarks that are untrue, so I don't think that's a good idea.

Having a million+ halo fanatics trying to get something done would mean that nothing gets done. Everyone has a different vision of halo and as a result, too many arguments would result from it. Being said, that's a major point we had to do for our team to make sure stuff actually got done and people weren't doing their own thing

Anyways, that's my two cents on the matter.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind May 30th 2016, 9:41 pm

I'd like to actually get some programs and see what I could do on my offtime, of which I have alot. I don't even know if a fully explorable ring would be feasible. Sure would be interesting to try though ^_^
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 May 30th 2016, 11:12 pm

The Dewrito team is just a bunch of code monkeys anyways. They wouldn't know gameplay mechanics if it slapped them in the face. Keeping the current gunplay to let their game "stand out" instead of taking stats from Halo 3(Or any Halo game) just shows where their priorities are.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ May 31st 2016, 4:04 pm

Dewrito Team =/= Dewrito Community
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 31st 2016, 4:55 pm

He's referring to both, though.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 May 31st 2016, 4:57 pm

TheAandZ wrote:Dewrito Team =/= Dewrito Community
I can't see a logical reason why you would even reference the Dewrito community so I just assumed the devs since it is a semi public thing anyways. The most game development the majority of the Dewrito community have done is hacked together maps turned into models for import and forge mode.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 31st 2016, 5:27 pm

Halo mia is a fan-made halo game made by infinity industries

There was a trailer out lately, but I think it was removed, it looked pretty bad though

And I was just joking about all those communities helping eachother :P
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ June 1st 2016, 1:15 am

I dunno, maybe it's because I'm not a developer myself but I try to appreciate the work these people do. It feels kinda pointless to crap on another project because you don't like the gameplay mechanics of H:O. Not saying it's perfect, it definitely needs some reworks to be comparable to previous Halo multiplayer, but there isn't anything innately wrong about it to justify that attitude.

"The Dewrito team is just a bunch of code monkeys anyways. They wouldn't know gameplay mechanics if it slapped them in the face."

Idk if it's me but that just seems unnecessarily toxic.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 June 1st 2016, 2:17 am

TheAandZ wrote:I dunno, maybe it's because I'm not a developer myself but I try to appreciate the work these people do. It feels kinda pointless to crap on another project because you don't like the gameplay mechanics of H:O. Not saying it's perfect, it definitely needs some reworks to be comparable to previous Halo multiplayer, but there isn't anything innately wrong about it to justify that attitude.

"The Dewrito team is just a bunch of code monkeys anyways. They wouldn't know gameplay mechanics if it slapped them in the face."

Idk if it's me but that just seems unnecessarily toxic.
Yes, they spend their free time giving a free Halo game to the public. Yes, they are absolutely better at coding and reverse engineering (Except for that Fishphd guy) than 90% of people here, including me. Yes, I am grateful that people are willing to spend their free time doing what Microsoft won't.

Doesn't change the fact that they are working on cracking a shit free2play game with a version that has a ton of issues like physics only working for host. Tell them something like Halo Online needs proper gun stats nicely and they would still get on their high horse and tell you they want Eldewrito to be its own game while their white knights tell you how Halo 3 is dated and dead. They legitimately do not understand basic gameplay. It took them until now to decide to include maps with Original Halo weapons spawns instead of having almost no weapons due to being a free2play that you had to buy your guns in. Keyword is include as they never had a hand in making any of them. Doesn't change the fact that due to their shenanigans we had two versions of the game for different hardware vendors that killed the growing community pretty much instantly. It brought the number even lower after it turned out they couldn't update those versions because the launcher couldn't differentiate between them.

If that is being toxic then I gladly take that title though I personally think it is just being extremely salty.

General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh June 1st 2016, 2:37 am

For all we know It's anvil online what will fix your complaints.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy June 1st 2016, 6:23 am

I assume that you're joking

Heatguts: Breaks down a decent draft including gameplay, gameplay balances, overall direction of the game, etc

lolslayer: "Planetside 2 + Halo"

I assume that you're joking
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 June 1st 2016, 12:14 pm

Mootjuh wrote:For all we know It's anvil online what will fix your complaints.
Yep, which is why I am waiting for that. Anvil Online will be the best thing that can happen to Halo Online and in my opinion it should have happened sooner.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer June 2nd 2016, 4:45 am

Neesy, I only said it because Heatguts didn't include paragraphs what made it look like a rant xD

Also, some developers have already talked about anvil online and as far as of now it's even more broken then eldewrito xD
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 June 2nd 2016, 2:33 pm

lolslayer wrote:Neesy, I only said it because Heatguts didn't include paragraphs what made it look like a rant xD

Also, some developers have already talked about anvil online and as far as of now it's even more broken then eldewrito xD
Which is why it is still being worked on? Eldewrito or whatever is still garbage either way.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer June 3rd 2016, 8:56 am

General_101 wrote:
lolslayer wrote:Neesy, I only said it because Heatguts didn't include paragraphs what made it look like a rant xD

Which is why it is still being worked on? Eldewrito or whatever is still garbage either way.

True, but I'm just saying that we shouldn't have our high hopes yet on it because there is no proof as of yet that they can make what they want to make
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 June 3rd 2016, 3:18 pm

lolslayer wrote:
General_101 wrote:

True, but I'm just saying that we shouldn't have our high hopes yet on it because there is no proof as of yet that they can make what they want to make
Best case scenario is they have the exact same game cracked for the latest version with all the features we have currently on the alpha. Modest case scenario I can see is that they can't have forge and they need to leave it out. The worst scenario I can see is that they are all less than code monkeys because it turns out the one who actually did the cracking for Eldewrito was DarkC0de who apparently went to jail for some shit.

Considering they got some foundation and understanding from the alpha game I think I'm pretty solid in my position that it will happen, but just not any time soon. I wouldn't exactly say I have high hopes or some sort of raging hype boner though. If it comes out I'm going to be pleased, but if it doesn't I'm just going to move on.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer June 3rd 2016, 3:54 pm

General_101 wrote:
lolslayer wrote:
General_101 wrote:

Best case scenario is they have the exact same game cracked for the latest version with all the features we have currently on the alpha. Modest case scenario I can see is that they can't have forge and they need to leave it out. The worst scenario I can see is that they are all less than code monkeys because it turns out the one who actually did the cracking for Eldewrito was DarkC0de who apparently went to jail for some shit.

Considering they got some foundation and understanding from the alpha game I think I'm pretty solid in my position that it will happen, but just not any time soon. I wouldn't exactly say I have high hopes or some sort of raging hype boner though. If it comes out I'm going to be pleased, but if it doesn't I'm just going to move on.

Jail? Wew, hopefully it won't be for long because anvil needs him :/
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 3rd 2016, 4:36 pm

He used to go by the name E3p0, but went to jail for multiple accounts of child molestation and rape. Along with that he's an overall shitty person. Nobody needed him in the first place, nobody needs him any further.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 June 3rd 2016, 7:16 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:He used to go by the name E3p0, but went to jail for multiple accounts of child molestation and rape. Along with that he's an overall shitty person. Nobody needed him in the first place, nobody needs him any further.
f***, the rumors were true? I thought that was just a joke on Halo Maps Forum to be honest.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 3rd 2016, 10:33 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:What was halo DS anyways?

One of the three canceled Halo Titles.
Halo DS would be pretty much a game featuring Spartans as per usual. The bottom screen would feature Motion Tracker, Health / Shields bars, and an interactive pause screen. The top screen was where all the typical gameplay action happened. IGN claimed they got to play a basic demo of the game before the project was scrapped. Basically, IGN held a four man match on Zanzibar.

The other two canceled titles are:

I'm sorry that in my first post on this thread that I had accidentally switched the mechanics of Halo MMO and Halo DS
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 4th 2016, 12:44 am

General_101 wrote:
R93_Sniper wrote:He used to go by the name E3p0, but went to jail for multiple accounts of child molestation and rape. Along with that he's an overall shitty person. Nobody needed him in the first place, nobody needs him any further.
f***, the rumors were true? I thought that was just a joke on Halo Maps Forum to be honest.

Yes they are. I was actually linked to some news article talking about him when he got caught. He's a cyber thief of sorts.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top