Nvidia control panel not working, help wanted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nvidia control panel not working, help wanted Empty Nvidia control panel not working, help wanted

Post by P3 December 10th 2014, 5:46 pm

Can anyone help me with this problem? I recently got a Gtx 970 4gb the other day and the control panel isn't working and it's really bothering me. -_-
P3
P3
Developer

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Nvidia control panel not working, help wanted Empty Re: Nvidia control panel not working, help wanted

Post by RCSRex December 10th 2014, 7:22 pm

How so? Won't open..? Does it show up when you right click on your desktop?
RCSRex
RCSRex

Thumbs Up : 11

Back to top Go down

Nvidia control panel not working, help wanted Empty Re: Nvidia control panel not working, help wanted

Post by P3 December 10th 2014, 7:38 pm

It says that Nvidia control panel application has stopped working when I try to open it.
P3
P3
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex December 10th 2014, 7:57 pm

Do you have GeForce Experience installed? If not, try that and update to the latest drivers and see if it works then.
RCSRex
RCSRex

Thumbs Up : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by P3 December 10th 2014, 8:49 pm

Actually, I got it working for the most part now. It's just that it won't allow me to enter the "manage 3D settings" in my nvidia control panel or else it would say that my Nvidia control panel application has stopped working.
P3
P3
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by ax2themax December 10th 2014, 10:01 pm

Sorry, haven't worked with Nvidia in a while, want 750 ti, but atm i just use an amd a10-5770 with integrated graphics and I use the amd drivers, sorry, bet you can find something to help you online?
Best wishes comrade!
ax2themax
ax2themax

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by P3 December 12th 2014, 5:18 pm

So no one can help me? D:
P3
P3
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh December 12th 2014, 6:08 pm

Maybe there are some programs conflicting with it. Restart your PC and try opening it immediately. Also check for applications that start up with your PC.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by 3dfxpro December 12th 2014, 6:33 pm

ok helle man ehm what you gonna do is desinstall nvidia control panel
and clean up the register of it ;) after you gonna reinstall it with GeForce experience to ;)
3dfxpro

Back to top Go down

Post by P3 December 17th 2014, 11:52 pm

I got it working now. It was because of the dumbest thing ever. XD
Apparently somewhere on my desktop there are folders or applications with really long names, (and there were, quite a few of them actually) and apparently Nvidia doesn't really like that very much. I went through and shorten the names of some files and stuff, then bam! It's all good and working now. I don't really see how it was all that relevant to the Nvida 3D settings control panel, but eh. (And yes, I was sure that was the issue.)
They should really fix that issue... I almost declared never ever buying there products again with the hatred of 1000 angry souls of hell because it.
P3
P3
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 18th 2014, 5:34 pm

lol.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top