Aim Assist in video games discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aim Assist in video games discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Aim Assist in video games discussion

Post by General_101 February 10th 2016, 2:03 am

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
RockMetal&Time wrote:
R93_Sniper wrote:CoD's aim assist on consoles is horrendous. You can legit spam ADS if you have it set to hold and it'll automatically align it to the nearest player's head without question.

Yup I don't even understand how that game has a freaking massive competitive community ;/

Middle Schoolers who think they're a bunch of Badasses make up the majority of the CoD community. The ones I know claim it is realistic when compared to Halo. Halo has explanations for why shields and health replenish, Halo is Original and doesn't repeat itself. CoD also has WAY too much combat. My uncle was in the Army, and only got to go into combat 4 times his whole career in the Middle-East.
The amount of combat is ridicules in COD but to be fair your uncle was just some dude with a gun. The characters you play as in the games were often of high ranking who would be sent into the front lines of all sorts of missions. A spec ops soldier is going to see more action than some dude defending a base. Not to mention they are in their own worlds where they are in process on engaging a hostile enemy who has already taken steps to attack the mainland. Normal people though tend to call this fiction however. :)
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Aim Assist in video games discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Aim Assist in video games discussion

Post by Heatguts February 10th 2016, 9:21 am

Cod is balanced for fun. People who claim it is "realistic" simply haven't played another modern military shooter with more realism. The "realism" in cod is actually pretty minimal, it has a lot more in common with Halo than it does real life. Cod is pretty much a bunch of soldiers with choice of what weapons they use shooting laser guns at each other where running around corners is usually a more viable strategy than hanging around cover.

If they wanted realism they would have to play arma or squad or insurgency, and those are all pc games. I'm not surprised.

I'd also like to point out that most combat encounters are probably more of a sparse line of troops yelling at each other defending from another sparse line of troops trying to push forward rather than a bunch of people running around silently except for the music they are playing through their headset.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top