Aim Assist in video games discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aim Assist in video games discussion Empty Aim Assist in video games discussion

Post by DreuxPhoenix February 5th 2016, 8:36 pm

I almost always fire from the hip with the magnum. Almost always hit my mark too. Really pisses people off during a match of SWAT, but I kinda blame my blind luck. I will be running in a direction, and the enemies head will pop up first as they are walking up a ramp. Soon as I see the ring turn red, their bodies go limp.

Last edited by R93_Sniper on February 9th 2016, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Split from the Questions thread. - R93)
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Aim Assist in video games discussion Empty Re: Aim Assist in video games discussion

Post by R93_Sniper February 6th 2016, 1:46 am

That's called bullet magnetism and aim assist up the butthole.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Aim Assist in video games discussion Empty Re: Aim Assist in video games discussion

Post by JaggyNos February 6th 2016, 11:18 am

In swat, I literally just move my crosshair quickly to the side, when I see an opponent, and fire when it turns red. Aim assist has been far too strong since Reach, and bullet magnetism is god awful in Halo 5. Because of that, I can't even play Halo 5 swat.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix February 6th 2016, 5:48 pm

Wait.
Halo has aim assist? ( o_) /
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh February 6th 2016, 6:19 pm

Yes.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 February 6th 2016, 11:22 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:Wait.
Halo has aim assist? ( o_) /
Where have you been this entire time?
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy February 7th 2016, 9:00 am

Every console fps barring CS:GO has aim assist.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix February 8th 2016, 6:50 pm

Is it on by default or does it need to be manually switched on?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat February 8th 2016, 6:53 pm

If its for a console then hell yes its on, else there would be very few kills in game, and one helluva lots of spray and pray going on!

( Oh damn I'm letting my PC biase show again )
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix February 8th 2016, 6:55 pm

...am a a newb? No...I've beaten Mythic mode within 6 hours with difficulty... Noobs cannot do so...then what am I?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy February 8th 2016, 7:01 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:...am a a newb? No...I've beaten Mythic mode within 6 hours with difficulty... Noobs cannot do so...then what am I?

Uninformed.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix February 8th 2016, 7:05 pm

But Im good at many games. But if shooters are automatically making you have an easier time, then that means most of those people who play CoD and shout at the top of their squeaky lungs must suck without knowing it.
I think I have solved how we determine how to get rid of these annoying players who claim to sleep with our mothers. Challenge them to a match without aim assist on.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat February 8th 2016, 7:05 pm

The very point I tried and failed to make is that due to the inherent difficulties of precision movement a console has by default GOT to have a aim assist, else you would never hit the killbox except by a fluke.

This is the very large advantage that a pc has over a console game, and why there is little sucess when allowing pc players and console players to game on the same server in the same game with the same game settings as time and time again the console players get their a** handed to them again and again, and its no fun T- bagging such a handicapped opponent.

and yes MYTHIC mode still has aim assist, so yes you did finish the game with a very large helping hand ,,, Go Ge-tem Killa !!
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 8th 2016, 7:54 pm

CoD's aim assist on consoles is horrendous. You can legit spam ADS if you have it set to hold and it'll automatically align it to the nearest player's head without question.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CPSNAP February 8th 2016, 9:23 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:...am a a newb? No...I've beaten Mythic mode within 6 hours with difficulty... Noobs cannot do so...then what am I?
Try Legendary scrub!
CPSNAP
CPSNAP

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by CPSNAP February 8th 2016, 9:24 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:CoD's aim assist on consoles is horrendous. You can legit spam ADS if you have it set to hold and it'll automatically align it to the nearest player's head without question.
Lol, I noticed that :D
No wonder I got all those head shots....
CPSNAP
CPSNAP

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 February 9th 2016, 1:00 am

R93_Sniper wrote:CoD's aim assist on consoles is horrendous. You can legit spam ADS if you have it set to hold and it'll automatically align it to the nearest player's head without question.

That's pretty much how quick scoping works with snipers in COD (MW2 Intervention, anyone?). I remember everyone getting so excited when they pulled off a kill doing it, and yet it's basically just them abusing the aim assist attached to the ADS mechanic.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy February 9th 2016, 8:05 am

SilentGamer64 wrote:

That's pretty much how quick scoping works with snipers in COD (MW2 Intervention, anyone?). I remember everyone getting so excited when they pulled off a kill doing it, and yet it's basically just them abusing the aim assist attached to the ADS mechanic.

That's why darkscoping became more of the cool thing (scoping in and shooting before the scope overlay popped up), less Aim assist. I remember in BO1, the best snipers didn't use aim assist.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 9th 2016, 9:17 am

Thats still quickscoping
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix February 9th 2016, 9:20 am

One thing I really HATE about CoD is the fact that the bots are OP af.
Those kill cams you see from the POV of the character who killed you shows plenty of proof. As soon as you enter a bot player's camera view, they automatically aim towards you and open fire. It really is unfair, considering the fact that I am perfectly camouflaged in with my surroundings, and the instant their camera angle barely nicks my character; they lock on.

It would be more realistic if it were like this:
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy February 9th 2016, 1:55 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Thats still quickscoping

Allthough this is sort of true, darkscoping meant you had the same amount of aim assist as when you're noscoping. Therefore darkscoping / popshotting was considered more skilled.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts February 9th 2016, 4:53 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:One thing I really HATE about CoD is the fact that the bots are OP af.
Those kill cams you see from the POV of the character who killed you shows plenty of proof. As soon as you enter a bot player's camera view, they automatically aim towards you and open fire. It really is unfair, considering the fact that I am perfectly camouflaged in with my surroundings, and the instant their camera angle barely nicks my character; they lock on.

It would be more realistic if it were like this:
Idk about you but I look at the whole screen. Computers struggle with visual tasks a lot, and the reason they see you when they shouldn't is less because they want the bots to be OP and more because its much harder to calculate the color difference between all the colors on the player's edge with the color of the resulting pixels adjacent to the edge.

The main inhibitor for bots is either sweeping aim, reduced damage, or a delay before firing. They aren't overpowered, in fact, they're underpowered. Play CS:GO against bots and watch them shoot each other, then (assuming you aren't mlg) try and kill them yourself. They appear to be much better when you fight them in person.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time February 9th 2016, 8:47 pm

Yup I don't even understand how that game has a freaking massive competitive community ;/
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy February 9th 2016, 8:56 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:

Yup I don't even understand how that game has a freaking massive competitive community ;/

The competitive community isn't massive for it, the actual scene is pretty much around Halo Reach MLG Era. Comp pretty much started stagnating after BO2.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix February 9th 2016, 11:57 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:

Middle Schoolers who think they're a bunch of Badasses make up the majority of the CoD community. The ones I know claim it is realistic when compared to Halo. Halo has explanations for why shields and health replenish, Halo is Original and doesn't repeat itself. CoD also has WAY too much combat. My uncle was in the Army, and only got to go into combat 4 times his whole career in the Middle-East.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top