Games with the highest and lowest resolutions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games with the highest and lowest resolutions Empty Games with the highest and lowest resolutions

Post by Mr. Secret Man August 5th 2014, 10:42 pm

So what games, in your guys' opinions, have the best and lowest texture resolutions?
Now, keep in mind that a high res textures can still look like shite, better graphics don't always paint a prettier picture... So do those aswell.

My opinion is that Crysis and Planetside 2 have the best texture, but there's obviously better textures in games that you guys can dig up...

But some of the worst have to be World of Tanks, Halo 4 and The Amazing Spiderman 2.

What do you think? Pictures would be appreciated.

Last edited by Mr. Secret Man on October 4th 2015, 3:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Mr. Secret Man
Mr. Secret Man

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Games with the highest and lowest resolutions Empty Re: Games with the highest and lowest resolutions

Post by Heatguts August 5th 2014, 10:57 pm

The original Half Life. Those textures are like what The Last of Us was supposed to look like.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Games with the highest and lowest resolutions Empty Re: Games with the highest and lowest resolutions

Post by General_101 August 5th 2014, 11:01 pm

Metro: Last light has some of the nicest textures IMO. Even on low that game looked beautiful. Rage was an underrated game IMO and had beautiful outside worlds with great textures.
Spoiler:
Can't think of any game where I have had issues with the textures.
Edit: Spoiler apparently cuts off the image so view the image in another tab for a good view.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 6th 2014, 1:36 am

Watch Dogs

yeah Watch dogs hell I haven't even played the PC version but dammn the PS4 version still has high *** quality textures just look at this
Watch Doges:
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 6th 2014, 10:52 am

Metro would look awesome but look at those branches UHHHHHH
Rage looks awesome. And flippin watch dogs looks fantastic despite it being a ps4 game.

I suppose it looks good because the devs have apparently wisely chosen not to make it a ps4 exclusive.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 6th 2014, 11:18 am

Heatguts wrote:Metro would look awesome but look at those branches UHHHHHH
Rage looks awesome. And flippin watch dogs looks fantastic despite it being a ps4 game.

I suppose it looks good because the devs have apparently wisely chosen not to make it a ps4 exclusive.

actually Watch dogs could had look better cause im told the PC version on ultra is almost exactly close to the PS4 version
Its the damn PS3 and XBox 360 and the Wii U that are holding the games back!, Same shit happened with Assasins creed IV
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 6th 2014, 11:56 am

There is a mod called the worse mod i use it it makes the game look like the E3 deom from 2013 or it was 2012 (Dont remember XD) And it doesnt affect FPS that much like 2-3 fps diffirence. Ir gettin 50 no problemo now u get 48 with even better graphics
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 6th 2014, 1:14 pm

mmorpg4free wrote:There is a mod called the worse mod i use it it makes the game look like the E3 deom from 2013 or it was 2012 (Dont remember XD) And it doesnt affect FPS that much like 2-3 fps diffirence. Ir gettin 50 no problemo now u get 48 with even better graphics

thats because it just adds a blurrier depth of field and a bunch of little tad effects like higher pedrestian counts and shit
BUT it doesnt change the textures at all
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Secret Man September 27th 2014, 11:58 pm

P.T. is amazing.

Silent Hill PT:
Mr. Secret Man
Mr. Secret Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing September 28th 2014, 3:27 am

Crysis 3 max settings on PC. It's like the PC gaming version of T.S...

Perfection.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Secret Man October 4th 2015, 3:05 am

The textures and lighting on Star Citizen are fabulous.

Star Citizen:
Mr. Secret Man
Mr. Secret Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh October 4th 2015, 3:24 am

Any game can have high res textures. What matters is the material.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 4th 2015, 10:40 am

Huehuehuehue

H5G:
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh October 4th 2015, 2:43 pm

SnowySnow:
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ October 4th 2015, 4:43 pm

Why you no put spoilers RMT
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 4th 2015, 4:50 pm

Halo 5's textures don't even look high res, they still look like the same 1024 bitmaps with a shitton of detail mapping.

However, I seem to recall that HAWKEN uses some really high res textures for whatever weird reason. That's probably one of the few games where amping graphics will always get me lagging hard.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 4th 2015, 4:59 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Halo 5's textures don't even look high res, they still look like the same 1024 bitmaps with a shitton of detail mapping.

However, I seem to recall that HAWKEN uses some really high res textures for whatever weird reason. That's probably one of the few games where amping graphics will always get me lagging hard.

I agree the detail mapping makes it impressive not to mention the Physical-Based rendering system that has been put in place in Halo 5 makes everything look amazing!

Hmm I've never ran HAWKEN at the highest quality since I only played it on my old RIG interested to see how that looks...
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh October 5th 2015, 11:13 am

Meh, everyone uses PBR nowadays.

Also, this is a mask used to determine snow on environment.
http://puu.sh/kwTj1/a5fb42d286.jpg
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top