Dedicated Halo 5 Thread

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Dedicated Halo 5 Thread

Post by TheAandZ October 8th 2015, 12:05 am

^-- H3 Pelican for reference:
Yea, not a fan of the new pelican either. The wings look too stiff, the whole thing looks more like a bomber than a troop transport.
I DO like the new wraith though, hope I'm not the only one.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 8th 2015, 1:54 am

To be honest I feel like the Pelican is fine being smooth because its supposed to be aerodynamic. I do agree that its armaments are ridiculous by all means but the things like the underbelly thrusters make sense since the pelican was made to be a space vehicle too
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen October 8th 2015, 2:00 am

On the wraith, I'm not keen on the mini back fins being up in the air, it doesn't look like a heavy mortar anymore, instead like a legless scarab that defies gravity. It's not that I hate it, rather prefer the older design.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 8th 2015, 10:52 am

'LAN seriously halo 5 has No lan?! wtf!'

>and thus officially does the Halo comp scene die
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh October 8th 2015, 3:26 pm

Rip H5
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 8th 2015, 5:15 pm

Neesy wrote:'LAN seriously halo 5 has No lan?! wtf!'

>and thus officially does the Halo comp scene die

Yeah it's pretty fucking stupid Small competetive crowds have to put up with Dedicated servers which is a nice alternative BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH! 343 and Microsoft don't realize that it was the small tourneys that MADE HALO WHAT IT IS!

Anyways in other halo 5 related news The Fall of Reach Animated series got another trailer this time see way more stuff!

And we got more info on the underrated Spectator mode

You can spectate your friends in matchmaking or customs, in Arena or Warzone. It's a live Theater save film that streams directly from the server, with all of the Theater controls & camera options (1st person, 3rd person, Free cam). You can rewind, fast forward, adjust playback speed, etc. Player outines can be toggled on or off (as they can in Theater now).

There is theoretically no limit to the number of clients that can spectate on any given session, so long as you are friends with one of the players. The is a delay of 15-30 seconds from the live gameplay because the server is writing out the save film as it simulates the session, streaming it out to attached clients which are then replaying the film from there. This delay is configurable to make it longer, but we figure that 15-30 seconds is sufficient to address concerns RE: cheating.

We'll keep augmenting spectator mode over time based on feedback from casters & TOs. Just getting it to work as a streamed save film in the cloud without any impact to server perf was a big engineering effort.

AND a cool statement from Joshie to top it off
Reality CHeck:
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ October 8th 2015, 5:33 pm

That trailer is so bad in so many different ways.
Hoooo my gad.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel-104 October 8th 2015, 5:36 pm

TheAandZ wrote:That trailer is so bad in so many different ways.
Hoooo my gad.
Because of the design choices?
Gabriel-104
Gabriel-104

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 8th 2015, 6:20 pm

Why's Chief tryna be so deep
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 8th 2015, 6:21 pm

TheAandZ wrote:That trailer is so bad in so many different ways.
Hoooo my gad.

Let me guess you're pissed at the Artistic liberties and 343 using shitty *** Halo 4 covenant?

yeah... other than that This series is going to kick ***!

Neesy wrote:Why's Chief tryna be so deep

He is slowly turning into a Person... cough cough Halo 4 Epilogue cough cough
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 8th 2015, 6:27 pm

I like the art direction of it. Pretty noice.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 8th 2015, 6:28 pm

Chief is best without character imo, seeing people react to his choices humanises them more.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 8th 2015, 8:23 pm

Neesy wrote:I like the art direction of it. Pretty noice.

That CQB though :D

Neesy wrote:Chief is best without character imo, seeing people react to his choices humanises them more.

Thing is he was pretty human in the Novels especially Fall of Reach and First strike his interactions with blue team and his empathy for his squadmates is shown really well i'ts just that Bungie for "Gameplay" reasons made him silent in the games to quote "Immerse the player more" yeah whatever...
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 8th 2015, 8:29 pm

Realize that the games preceded the novels. Bungie made him thr near silent protagonist and retroactively added character. Dont act as if that wasnt the case
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 8th 2015, 8:50 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Realize that the games preceded the novels. Bungie made him thr near silent protagonist and retroactively added character. Dont act as if that wasnt the case

Well yeah Halo CE came out one month before the Fall of Reach so you're right :P
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ October 8th 2015, 9:34 pm

I may be in the minority, but I realllyy hate the design choices here. The covenant have the new designs again despite this being before even Reach. We have the awkward H2 terminal-like animation (yes I know some people liked the terminal's animation, but I'm not a fan). Maybe after I watch it, I'll feel better about it, but this trailer is very lacking imo.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 October 8th 2015, 10:09 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:

AND a cool statement from Joshie to top it off
Reality CHeck:

Then 343 doesn't have their priorities straight.

- Makes a co-op friendly campaign experience. Excludes splitscreen for fancier graphics.

- Allows players to toggle off all Spartan abilities in customs EXCEPT for smart scope/ADS WHICH IS A MECHANIC THAT IS USED MORE FREQUENTLY THAN ANY OF THE OTHER ABILITIES COMBINED.

- They had 3 YEARS to get Forge ready for launch. Possibly even more time than that, considering the fact that the MCC team wasn't actually the same team that made Halo 5. I get that they are building it from scratch and everything, but how do you even explain the fact that it took 343's Forge devs more than 3 years to make Halo 5's forge when Bungie's Forge devs were able to make Reach's Forge World and launch it on day 1 in less than 3? This isn't 343's first rodeo with forge either, they gave us Halo 4's forge, and for all we know some of those devs may have even been involved with H2A's forge too.

- 343 will keep telling us that they want Warzone to "have a chance" because it's a defensive answer that deflects most of the heat they get from BTB fans. But guess what? We know FOR A FACT that BTB was the most popular playlist in both Halo 4 and MCC. 343 are also probably aware that it will be a heavily populated gametype in Halo 5 when it comes out. So why wait if they know the game mode will increase/maintain a large population? There are two possibilities and neither of them are going to be said out loud by 343's PR:

1. They aren't confident in Warzone holding its own in terms of population and are withholding BTB to give the game a population boost if Warzone tanks.
2. They're holding out on releasing one of the most popular Halo gametypes until after their competition releases this coming November. Basically damage control for population loss, which is going to be massive since there are a ton of other new, highly anticipated games coming out soon. I am downloading the Star Wars Battlefront beta as we speak.

- They don't want to bother trying to implement/balance playable elites, but they're going to invest a boatload of time into one game mode by scripting enemy AI to work on multiplayer maps (Warzone)

It's clear that their "priorities" involve pushing older and more established Halo content aside in favor of shoehorning in all this new flashy content, a lot of which will most likely fall on deaf ears for most Halo fans. It's not the fact that they're delaying BTB and Forge that bothers me. Its the fact that they chose to delay content that the Halo community wanted and has come to expect over Warzone, which no one asked for. Seriously, no one asked for "BTB on steroids". Most people were asking for BTB with an increased max player count, and that's likely what 343 had on the table at one point. But of course, then they have to throw in the whole "lore ties in with multiplayer" BS and turned it into something so ambitious that they had to cut stuff out and delay other stuff for later.

Sorry for that rant RMT, it wasn't directed at you, but that statement Josh Holmes made is not a "reality check". 343 are living in their own little world, making up their own rules on how the pre-established Halo franchise should work as they go along. They may be making tough choices based on the resources they have, but clearly they're making those choices from a warped/flawed perspective. Literally the hardest part of their job should be creating new stories for campaign and new features for forge, but they're simultaneously trying way too hard to reinvent the wheel in terms of gameplay, and so far I have seen very little that I believe actually works with Halo. So here's my reality check: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. (I hope to the Halo gods that the Project Contingency team follows a similar line of thinking, because it may be the only Halo game that I'm actually looking forward to from this point on)
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts October 8th 2015, 10:48 pm

Maybe, just maybe, this'll be 343's last shot at a newer game, and Halo 6 will be when they give up and just give us what we want. Wishful thinking.

Realistically, if it sells bad enough and gets all the hate Halo 4 got, and then contingency releases between now and then (hoping they aren't switching to an annual schedule, don't believe phil spencer or josh for a second when they say Halo isn't going to be annual) and makes a big enough splash for major gaming news outlets to cover it again and good enough gameplay for veteran players to bite the bullet and play the free halo on pc than the $60 lesser one on xbox, they'll reconsider and maybe switch back to a traditional format.

But probably not.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 October 8th 2015, 10:57 pm

Heatguts wrote:Maybe, just maybe, this'll be 343's last shot at a newer game, and Halo 6 will be when they give up and just give us what we want. Wishful thinking.

Realistically, if it sells bad enough and gets all the hate Halo 4 got, and then contingency releases between now and then (hoping they aren't switching to an annual schedule, don't believe phil spencer or josh for a second when they say Halo isn't going to be annual) and makes a big enough splash for major gaming news outlets to cover it again and good enough gameplay for veteran players to bite the bullet and play the free halo on pc than the $60 lesser one on xbox, they'll reconsider and maybe switch back to a traditional format.

But probably not.

You've just summarized my hopes and dreams in a nutshell lol. Unfortunately you're right though, it's wishful thinking, but also unlikely.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 8th 2015, 11:14 pm

if we cause MS to bite the bullet with halo 5, they'll shut us down, no questions asked
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 8th 2015, 11:19 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
Heatguts wrote:Maybe, just maybe, this'll be 343's last shot at a newer game, and Halo 6 will be when they give up and just give us what we want. Wishful thinking.

But probably not.

You've just summarized my hopes and dreams in a nutshell lol. Unfortunately you're right though, it's wishful thinking, but also unlikely.

Thing is do you guys even realize that the Halo 5 hype train is in full force? this little hubble called project contingency forums doesn't have any hype it's our own little world seriously
just go to Reddit/Halo , Halo Waypoint Forums, YouTube, anywhere The marketing for Halo 5 is HUGE a lot of people know i'ts gonna come out and are planning to buy it.

Halo 5 realistically won't sell bad, Halo 4 sold more than Halo 3 (now that doesn't mean it was a good game) just saying but the population died because the game did so many things wrong in terms of longevity...I mean the PAID DLC maps split the player base, The separation of traditional Halo mechanics also made a number on the population... not to mention Halo 4 also had a really shitty Ranking system in which you could literally reach max rank in less than a month unlike Halo 3 or Reach where it took years to gain maximum rank, (and it actually meant something)

Thing is Halo 5 doesn't have all those missteps Halo 5 doesn't have a shit *** ranking system, it doesn't have Loadouts,Killstreaks,Perks,No descope.etc Halo 5 has FREE DLC maps, Halo 5 has a new asset management system which allows 343 to add literally anything they want post-launch this includes New vehicles,weapons and Armor The only problem that I see is that some traditional things like Forge and BTB have been delayed while other even more important core features like LAN and Split-Screen have been REMOVED for who knows what reasons... and while it really isn't that affecting in the grand scheme of things since the game itself already has tons and tons of content and the Bigger side of the community et Reddit Halo, Halo Waypoint have already lamented over the loss of those great things....

Another thing to point out is that if you don't like How Halo 5 is at launch without BTB and Forge... then you could just wait I mean just buy the game in December BTB and forge would be there ready to launch without a problem just saying

I just really don't know how to explain but all I'm saying is that Halo 5 will be goddamn succesful even with Fallout 4, BO3, and BattleFront coming the same season :P
if you think about it having features appear during the end of the year like Forge will add more spotlight to the game before Fallout 4 Devours and mutilates it lol

Shit I don't even know what I'm saying anymore I just want October 27th to be here so I can play with my goddamn friends Heroic 4 man Campaign all while feeding off my specially made Halo DIET (Doritos/Mtn.Dew) That's all I want....
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen October 8th 2015, 11:30 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:if we cause MS to bite the bullet with halo 5, they'll shut us down, no questions asked
That sort of thing would hit the media though, with 343i being in the wrong. It probably wouldn't be that simple.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 8th 2015, 11:35 pm

Aaaaaand something cool has been shown and I'm gonna purposefully blow it to your face in order to deviate and cool down our hate for Microsoft and 343...

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-a-time-to-give-tanks

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 21 Canonfodder-10-8-15-4207009dbd0249b4b2ccf967701b2bbc
Scorpion tank looking cool

One of the many new Vehicle variants this being a cool black Scorpion
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 21 Cfoniscorpion-61b0c7b1371f437a8bd7bc627f1bcf0a

oooh
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 21 Cfonigausshog-8d7c024bb6934236bc69018871d55f00

Gungoosee & friend
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 21 Cfgungoose-912d813e44264bea817fe66b657944f7
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 21 Cfcorpmongoose-af621160a7e843e6b05953652d7c65cf

Rocket Hog Multi-team confirmed lel
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 21 Cfurbanrockethog-ad852a2883bb44d582726cc69ad591f8

And finally a superior version of the T-54 Banshee
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 21 Cfbansheeultra-c7cae8034a024e82b1b2ae01e017f87d

The article also states more information on The Fall of reach Animated series :P
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh October 8th 2015, 11:58 pm

Can they not show chief's face every 5s?
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 9th 2015, 10:27 am

Scorpion's turret is mental. Gauss looks cool as well.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top