Dedicated Halo Wars 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dedicated Halo Wars 2 Thread Empty Dedicated Halo Wars 2 Thread

Post by RockMetal&Time June 11th 2016, 12:06 pm

In case any of you have been living under a rock a ton of Halo Wars 2 info has leaked recently and this thread is going to be here in order to discuss said leaks and the official E3 announcements coming in 2 days!

This is what appears to be the cover art!  Click me for full res image!
Dedicated Halo Wars 2 Thread 7Kv8oor
Now as Ian from Halo canon said this kinda confirms that the game will take place after the events of Hunters in the Dark ACCORDING TO the damaged Mining planet in the Ark and the obviously new Brute technology which wasn't really supplied during the Human-Covenant War. So somewhere in that post Halo 3 world BUT not in the Post Halo 5 world? But it could very well also be the latter but who knows. the Brutes have some new toys including what appears to be Huge Mini Reapers as spotted in the top right. and of course the Brute like towering scarabs!

A lot of the old Bungie desings are back which is fantastic! (because 90% of 343i art is rubbish hehehe) anyways the vehicle in the down left corner appears to be a Cyclops! definitely a cyclops!
There are a ton of things in that image worth discussing but I will leave that to anyone interested in elaborating!

Now onto the BETA gameplay screenshots which surprisingly look a lot like Xcom 2 lol

https://i.imgur.com/1uy6Ryd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MqFJQ40.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iX9d3MY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yBdMIiT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tbfWmdu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Vnpg1YB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DZOsGRd.jpg

I also forgot to mention the Beta also popped up as a listing in the Xbox store and is said to release on June 13th so uhh E3!
(the beta is also going to be for windows 10 since in the latest community update it was confirmed)

What are your thought's on all this? I really want to hear em :)
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Halo Wars 2 Thread Empty Re: Dedicated Halo Wars 2 Thread

Post by R93_Sniper June 11th 2016, 5:24 pm

Oh wait, we're doing this?
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind June 11th 2016, 8:36 pm

Would be better if all the images were in an album ^_~ Looks great, sad that it's Windows 10 only ;-; would like to have played it.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel-104 June 11th 2016, 10:33 pm

deadofmind wrote:Would be better if all the images were in an album ^_~ Looks great, sad that it's Windows 10 only ;-; would like to have played it.

It's for Xbox one as well.
Gabriel-104
Gabriel-104

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind June 12th 2016, 2:23 am

Of course it is, that goes without saying. But I don't have an Xbox One, and I COULD "up"grade to windows 10, but nah.

Anyone else think it's pretty shi­tty to force people to download an entire new operating system just to play certain games? Jesus it's just like the Halo2Vista debacle, it really is.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli June 12th 2016, 3:35 am

Looking forward to playing the beta. I don't have much experience with RTSes, hopefully this won't be too rough way to start.
Although I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to run it, only my laptop has Windows 10.

E: Oh, looks like it's for Xbox One only.
Well, that sucks.

Last edited by Apsuli on June 13th 2016, 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 June 12th 2016, 3:26 pm

Halo Wars was a terrible RTS. It was so casual to the point it does not deserve the have the name strategy in their genre name. From the unbalanced units, shitty limits, and terrible AI, Halo Wars was only good at getting a good control scheme for RTS on consoles. From the images it looks like it is going to be the same garbage with the limited population due to console limitations and no real need to think of unit strategy like the first.

Games like Command & Conquer and Dawn of War are much better than Halo Wars can ever hope to be in the RTS genre.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time June 12th 2016, 7:36 pm

Dedicated Halo Wars 2 Thread TrKHHVKsoon
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy June 13th 2016, 8:47 am

Halo Wars was a terrible RTS. It was so casual to the point it does not deserve the have the name strategy in their genre name. From the unbalanced units, shitty limits, and terrible AI, Halo Wars was only good at getting a good control scheme for RTS on consoles. From the images it looks like it is going to be the same garbage with the limited population due to console limitations and no real need to think of unit strategy like the first.

Games like Command & Conquer and Dawn of War are much better than Halo Wars can ever hope to be in the RTS genre.

I agree, but I'm still hyped to see what they're going to be putting on offer.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time June 13th 2016, 3:22 pm

KNOW YOUR ENEMY

Here are the details you need to know!

The brand new adventure launches on Windows 10 and Xbox One on February 21, 2017, and thanks to Xbox Play Anywhere, both the Xbox One and Windows 10 version ofHalo Wars 2 are included with a single digital purchase, at no additional cost.

[size=36]EPIC CAMPAIGN[/size]

After decades adrift and declared “lost with all hands,” the brave crew of the UNSC Spirit of Fire are mysteriously awoken above an ancient Forerunner haven known as the Ark. In Halo Wars 2, Captain Cutter and his crew will face one of humanity’s most formidable threats yet: The Banished – a fierce and powerful Brute faction led by a cunning and lethal warrior known as Atriox.
Brought to life through detailed in-game graphics and the incredible cinematic artistry of Blur Studio, the story of Halo Wars 2 explores a vital and exciting corner of the Halo universe directly after the events of Halo 5: Guardians 

[size=36]IMMERSIVE MULTIPLAYER[/size]

Halo Wars 2 lets players craft creative new strategies with an incredible array of units to take part in some of Halo’s biggest battles yet. With an impressive array of unique missions and modes, Halo Wars 2 will challenge strategy fans, story buffs, and gamers of all skill levels in fun and rewarding ways. Here is an early overview of some of the exciting new modes players will be able to experience:
Skirmish (Solo and Online Multiplayer Co-op): Test your battle strategies against a range of AI difficulty levels. Fight across all the environments and multiplayer game modes with as many AI and co-op friends (or enemies!) as each mode will allow.
Strongholds (Online Multiplayer): Playable on the E3 show floor, Strongholds is a fast-paced, timed game mode where the objective is to control more bases than your opponent when the timer stops.
Domination (Online Multiplayer): Available in the online multiplayer Beta, Domination, lets you build your base, build your army, and battle for control of the map and supremacy of the Ark! Take control of distinct nodes on the map and hold them long enough to win the game. There’s no time limit and a match will end when one player has held enough nodes to get the enemy counter down to zero.

Deathmatch (Online Multiplayer): Available in the online multiplayer Beta, Deathmatch will task players with building their base and army, but instead of fighting for map control you’ll fight until only one player remains standing. Outthink, outflank, and outlast your opponents.
Blitz (Solo and Online Multiplayer): Blitz is an all-new multiplayer mode that is an exciting addition to the Halo Wars series and offers a unique approach to RTS gameplay.  Look for more details on this mode to be released in Fall 2016

[size=36]PLAY THE BETA![/size]

While Halo Wars 2 is slated to launch on February 21, 2017, gamers can get their first taste of the long-awaited sequel right now exclusively on the Xbox One through the Multiplayer Beta, which runs from June 13-20, 2016, and will feature two modes on two maps. Download the Multiplayer Beta here!
BETA SCHEDULE
June 13-16 – MODE: Domination 2v2, MAP: Ricochet
June 17-20 – MODE: Deathmatch 2v2, MAP: Veteran
Beta ends on June 20 at 11:59pm PT
As if the Beta itself wasn’t enough, participation will also earn you some cool rewards to benefit your Halo 5: Guardians experience. You’ll earn one free Halo 5: Guardians Gold REQ Pack after completing your first game of Halo Wars 2 in the Multiplayer Beta, and two more free Gold REQ Packs when you complete your fifth game.
BILLY MAYS HERE! 3 FREE GOLD PACKS FOR PLAYING HALO WARS 2 THAT'S A FULL 9.99$ VALUE!
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

[size=36]BACK TO THE BEGINNING[/size]

As an extra special treat, players who purchase the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition will find a pretty awesome bonus – Halo Wars: Definitive Edition. A must-have for passionate fans of the classic Halo real-time strategy game, Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is an enhanced version of the original Halo Wars featuring improved graphics, additional Achievements and all of the DLC created for the original game – all running natively on Windows 10 and Xbox One.
Look for more information on Halo Wars: Definitive Edition in the coming months. 
Dedicated Halo Wars 2 Thread Halowars_de_1920x1080-06e80bc5f0d241e2b82203617423a5b8

[size=36]JUST GETTING STARTED[/size]

The launch of Halo Wars 2 is just the beginning of humanity’s fight with the Banished and this amazing new chapter in Halo and real-time strategy history. The Halo Wars 2Season Pass offers great value for fans to extend their experience long after launch, with more than six months of regular updates that include a campaign expansion with exclusive missions, new Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer battles, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, and more.

[size=36]FINISHING OLD FIGHTS, AND STARTING NEW ONES[/size]

“When Halo Wars was first mooted, it was kind of a flashback to the origins of the very first Halo – which, before Bungie legend Charlie Gough tinkered with the camera perspective and a few other things, was originally intended to be an RTS. The switch to first person shooter came naturally enough, and the rest is history, but that meant that spiritually, a Halo RTS was out there, waiting to be born, so when the chance to work with Ensemble on the twin challenges of crafting a Halo-themed RTS, and making that notoriously tricky genre work on console, rather than PC, we knew they had what it took. At that time, our franchise stories weren’t quite as interconnected, and our universe not very fleshed out, but it was still a great opportunity to introduce new characters, vehicles and big ticket items from Halo lore.
“That original game was a huge success. At the time, the biggest selling console RTS ever, but as you know, there was a long gap between that game and its sequel, and we were thrilled to go back – especially with such an incredible and experienced development partner in Creative Assembly. Not just to continue the story and reveal the mystery of the Spirit of Fire, but also to bring the game to PC, something we never got the chance to do, first time around. And during E3, you guys will get the chance to sample just a smidgen of it yourselves. It’s been a long time coming, and we hope it’s been worth the wait.”
-          Frank O’Connor, Franchise Creative Director, 343 Industries
“We’ve been quietly working on Halo Wars 2 for some time now. When we look at the franchise it’s been one of the tops asks from our fans, and we really wanted to make it happen. When I started talking about the game, I thought immediately of Creative Assembly to be our partner. RTS is a unique form of our art and Creative Assembly is top of that heap in my opinion. RTS has always been one of my favorite genres, and I was beyond excited when we officially got started with them.
“The teams gelled really fast, and it quickly felt like we were one team moving in the same direction. We have teams in the UK and teams here in Seattle, but really we’re just one team working in different locations. Our goal has been to create an amazing RTS game than anybody can enjoy; we have classic modes that fans would expect, but we’ve also been working on faster, more easy to get in and play modes for people who might be intimidated by the genre as a whole.
“E3 is a big deal for us. We finally get to show the world what we’ve been working on, and start to get feedback from the fans. I can’t wait to hear what they have to say!”
-          Dan Ayoub, Studio Head
Whether you are watching from home, enjoying the sights and sounds of the E3 show floor, or joining on the Beta battlefields, we’re honored to celebrate some long-awaitedHalo Wars 2 love with our incredible community this week. Make sure you keep it tuned to HaloWaypoint.com online and follow us on Twitter and Facebook, as we’ll have more information about the upcoming adventures of the Spirit of Fire and her crew later on this year!
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh June 13th 2016, 4:30 pm

Yeah, apparently the beta is an alpha.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy June 13th 2016, 6:05 pm

Strongholds (Online Multiplayer): Playable on the E3 show floor, Strongholds is a fast-paced, timed game mode where the objective is to control more bases than your opponent when the timer stops.
Domination (Online Multiplayer): Available in the online multiplayer Beta, Domination, lets you build your base, build your army, and battle for control of the map and supremacy of the Ark! Take control of distinct nodes on the map and hold them long enough to win the game. There’s no time limit and a match will end when one player has held enough nodes to get the enemy counter down to zero.

This right here kinda confirms that it'll be a 100% casual 'RTS' with I'd say a relatively low skill ceiling. Probably mostly cheese.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos June 13th 2016, 6:42 pm

Sorry, I'm not terribly knowledgeable about RTS's. What about that makes it seem like Halo Wars 2 is casual? I can kind of see strongholds having a low skill ceiling, since it mostly seems like zerg rushing, but domination seems somewhat standard. The fact that it's being made with console in mind seems to indicate that it'll be a casual RTS (which I'm fine with, since I'll just d*** around with my friend most of the time).
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy June 13th 2016, 7:17 pm

since it mostly seems like zerg rushing

Ironically post-initial-zerg-rush-patch, zerg rushing is actually incredibly hard to do against a good player, you have to predict their economy, have sizeable map control (creep spread) and anticipate a turtle / base-trade.

What about that makes it seem like Halo Wars 2 is casual?

The game modes they've informed us for multiplayer put the notion of 'map control' (and what contributes to it) in a very linear and concievable manner; having capture points, and what not, reduce the factors that go into map control: vision, harrass level, unit count, etc into a single major factor (how many of the capture points possess), it makes decision making pretty damn easy: I have more capture points so I'm going to turtle up and play defensively; I have less capture points so I'm going to play aggro to capture a point... I would go on but honestly I can't really explain it through typing, if anyone would like to attempt to expand they can.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen June 14th 2016, 2:55 am

the two halo wars games on Windows 10? Noice.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time June 15th 2016, 1:52 pm

Neesy wrote:
Strongholds (Online Multiplayer): Playable on the E3 show floor, Strongholds is a fast-paced, timed game mode where the objective is to control more bases than your opponent when the timer stops.
Domination (Online Multiplayer): Available in the online multiplayer Beta, Domination, lets you build your base, build your army, and battle for control of the map and supremacy of the Ark! Take control of distinct nodes on the map and hold them long enough to win the game. There’s no time limit and a match will end when one player has held enough nodes to get the enemy counter down to zero.

This right here kinda confirms that it'll be a 100% casual 'RTS' with I'd say a relatively low skill ceiling. Probably mostly cheese.

Can confirm by my first 5 games in the beta that the skill ceiling is low af
Haven't lost a single match and I'm not even that good all it takes to win is to just rush troops into the various domination points in the map all while quickly building up your bases and having tons of troops stationed in the middle ready to go anywhere.

I'ts super easy to predict the enemy team since I'ts basically the same map in the same mode over and over :)

The game is still fun af in the casual essence so I'm not complaining...

Here's some more interesting videos to watch for more info on the game 

Internally we like to call it an "Action RTS"
Very fun to blow stuff up...
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenkins June 16th 2016, 9:10 pm

I reached Gold Tier Rank III after finishing my ten games - how about you all?
Jenkins
Jenkins

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix June 17th 2016, 3:42 pm

A little message to 343 Industries:
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir July 13th 2016, 2:15 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
A little message to 343 Industries:

Like they are lurking around in deez forums -_-
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen July 13th 2016, 10:30 pm

*Puts on tin foil hat*
But of course, they are everywhere at once.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir July 14th 2016, 2:02 am

Stevedoggen wrote:*Puts on tin foil hat*
But of course, they are everywhere at once.

Then what are they???:
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top