Haters gonna rek me now xD

No FPS is better on console. Period.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Dedicated Halo 5 Thread

Post by Mootjuh January 9th 2016, 9:10 am

Good thing you can plug in your controller to the PC to make it a console if you really want to.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 9th 2016, 10:18 am

SilentGamer64 wrote:
Mootjuh wrote:Yes but considering this installment had almost half the sales of Halo 4, I'm concerned. I just hope they'll do a H3A that works on launch so it will show them what many really want.

They'll have no excuse to half-a** H3A if they ever do it. There won't be any other games to hide behind and (pretend to) work on like in MCC, and now that H2A basically raised the bar as to what to expect from a Halo remaster, I expect H3A to have at least remastered/classic version of campaign and multiplayer with a forge even better than Halo 5's for the remastered multiplayer.

But I'm not holding my breath.
I expect Halo 3 to have a rewritten classic forge engine that adds in all the features from reach. Maybe magnets for good measure.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat January 9th 2016, 11:22 am

Mootjuh wrote:Good thing you can plug in your controller to the PC to make it a console if you really want to.
Why would you want to throw away the precision of using your mouse, and the plethora of keyboard options to hold a crappy little controller thats only fit for throwing at plasma screens?

Ahh! sorry Mootjuh I just saw the ' If you wanted to'.  Phew for a moment there I thought you were serious my bad there.
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 January 9th 2016, 4:08 pm

Heatguts wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:
Mootjuh wrote:Yes but considering this installment had almost half the sales of Halo 4, I'm concerned. I just hope they'll do a H3A that works on launch so it will show them what many really want.

They'll have no excuse to half-a** H3A if they ever do it. There won't be any other games to hide behind and (pretend to) work on like in MCC, and now that H2A basically raised the bar as to what to expect from a Halo remaster, I expect H3A to have at least remastered/classic version of campaign and multiplayer with a forge even better than Halo 5's for the remastered multiplayer.

But I'm not holding my breath.
I expect Halo 3 to have a rewritten classic forge engine that adds in all the features from reach. Maybe magnets for good measure.

Why just reach? What about all the good features from H4, H2A, and H5? Although 343 probably won't do it "cuz legacy code". That was one of their more prominent excuses for not being able to get MCC's multiplayer working for the older games. I don't buy it for one second though, or else stuff like Custom Edition and Halo Online/eldewrito wouldn't be a thing.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 9th 2016, 4:23 pm

Those can come in too if they see fit but not H5's stuff. In order to add the stuff they have they've convoluted forge and it's very different. It's now an in-game map editor, rather than an in-game mode where you can build stuff. There won't be any kids who enter a game together and each try to build a base before throwing all the power weapons into it and having a battle between them. If you don't have a manual by your side you won't be able to figure anything out by looking at the controls either.

It isn't really bad, but it fundamentally changes what forge is to people. Some people will find the changes welcome, but it isn't for messing around anymore. It's for map making, and only map making. Halo 3's forge is kind of the opposite. You can't really make maps, unless you try really hard and spend forever on it. You just join a game with friends and spawn in weapons and vehicles and scenery, maybe move some of the objects to change where the bases are. It's a game mode with a unique twist. It could benefit from Reach's improvements, and 4's and H2A's, but don't drag H5 into this. It doesn't belong.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 9th 2016, 9:31 pm

Mootjuh wrote:Good thing you can plug in your controller to the PC to make it a console if you really want to.

Too bad the other peeps have Mouse and keyboard and will obviously destroy you

Also the only reason I have no problem with Halo being an Xbox flagship title is that I prefer the
Xbox community as opposed to the PC community not trying to be rude but yeah I just dislike the mentality of the mass majority of
PC gamers granted i'm probably over generalizing but from my experience it's not, you dig?!
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper January 9th 2016, 10:50 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:
Too bad the other peeps have Mouse and keyboard and will obviously destroy you

fun fact, was playing HCE with my friend. Was dominating them, and then all of a sudden I started getting rekt. asked at the end what they did, turns out they plugged in their controller and used it instead.

It varies from person to person when it comes to their comfortability between the keyboard and controller. Do not underestimate your opponent
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 9th 2016, 11:42 pm

It varies from person to person when it comes to their comfortability between the keyboard and controller. Do not underestimate your oppone

Fair enough, Shit won't fly in any CS / cod4 promod / quake / any precision pc fps tho
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper January 9th 2016, 11:57 pm

Again, depends on the user, but yes I agree for the most part
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ January 10th 2016, 1:28 am

in other news, this thread has been viewed 10001 times at the time of posting this
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen January 10th 2016, 1:58 am

Neesy wrote:
It varies from person to person when it comes to their comfortability between the keyboard and controller. Do not underestimate your oppone

Fair enough, Shit won't fly in any CS / cod4 promod / quake / any precision pc fps tho

Sometime people prefer the disadvantge because it makes it more fun that way.
Then you have wierdos like me who can't aim at things with the mouse because I played laggy Halo 1 for so long I instinctively lead when aiming at the enemy, which is just a straight up miss in modern games. So I plug in the controller because mentally I switch to aiming correctly. :/
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir January 10th 2016, 2:25 am

Snayper wrote:
It varies from person to person when it comes to their comfortability between the keyboard and controller. Do not underestimate your opponent
THUMBS UP !
Dat is why I like HALO better on the consoles. I'm better with controllers than and everybody using the controller levels up gameplay for me but with Kb/Mouse.. I pretty much get rekt everytime :/
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper January 10th 2016, 4:38 am

Take your controller and plug it into your computer, done deal. Neesy is right about games not playing better on consoles, but the controller vs keyboard input is something completely different.

Edit: did you REALLY change my name to "Snayper" in that quote? really?
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir January 10th 2016, 7:41 am

Yes, i can do that
But when everybody's playing with controllers, the battlefield gets leveled. If everybody's using kb/mouse and me a controller, i have a disadvantage.. even if i'm good at it
lol yeah "Snayper" sounds better :D
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 10th 2016, 10:01 am

Or someone could just plug in their scuff and shoot a BR / DMR faster than you can.

-------

https://project-contingency.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=995
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top