Hunt the Truth Season2 Episode 3 ^_^

Spoiler:
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Dedicated Halo 5 Thread

Post by RockMetal&Time October 6th 2015, 4:52 pm

SON OF A ***** FORGE IS AMAZING GODDAMN THEY FINALLY FUCKING LISTENED! LOOOK!

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 20 QOcITI6

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 20 Forge-grouping-teaser-3043bb286a674ffa8e13d74de236837c
OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAWD

More info here https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/building-the-biggest-forge-yet
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts October 6th 2015, 7:12 pm

Oh my gosh, map aesthetics... I'm so blown away, I better use them to turn off the wind.

More pieces? That's kinda neat. Grouping's neat too. I can't wait to play forge with my friends and all build bases since there's no object limits now with all the new pieces

oh wait

EDIT: What is this madness?

Friggin' 343 wrote:The new Forge mode will release in December, just in time for the holiday break. From there, we’ll be running Forge as an ongoing (free) service for Halo 5,

What?

Revised controls keeps users hands in the default “home” position
it took the Forgers we brought in a little bit to get used to

Well if they brought back bumper jumper, I guess they've got to screw all the veteran players over somehow. I guess that means we can't change forge controls either.

We no longer automatically generate the lighting every time the Spartan is dropped in to test gameplay.

Nevermind, guys. They weren't lying. Biggest forge yet.

Last edited by Heatguts on October 6th 2015, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 6th 2015, 7:17 pm

kekt
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 6th 2015, 7:28 pm

Heatguts wrote:Oh my gosh, map aesthetics... I'm so blown away, I better use them to turn off the wind.

More pieces? That's kinda neat. Grouping's neat too. I can't wait to play forge with my friends and all build bases since there's no object limits now with all the new pieces

oh wait

EDIT: What is this madness?

Friggin' 343 wrote:The new Forge mode will release in December, just in time for the holiday break. From there, we’ll be running Forge as an ongoing (free) service for Halo 5,

What?

Revised controls keeps users hands in the default “home” position
it took the Forgers we brought in a little bit to get used to

Well if they brought back bumper jumper, I guess they've got to screw all the veteran players over somehow. I guess that means we can't change forge controls either.

We no longer automatically generate the lighting every time the Spartan is dropped in to test gameplay.

Nevermind, guys. They weren't lying. Biggest forge yet.

The December release date is neat because if theres something 343 learned is that releasing stuff when it's not ready is BAD lol
We still have an Amazing Campaign, Arena, Custom Games, and Warzone!

The only reason why I'm gonna love this new forge is due to the fact that Traffic Cones are BACK!
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 October 6th 2015, 7:49 pm

It's definitely a huge improvement, but is anyone else seeing the whole "forge is coming out in December" as a huge red flag? Why are they waiting two whole months before releasing it? They've been working on this game for over 3 years now, more than enough time for the forge devs to get a majority of this stuff done.

I feel like they're being a little too ambitious with this game, to the point where people are going to be disappointed on release when they realize that things like BTB, Forge, and Splitscreen aren't even there. It's a shame too, because if it weren't for the delayed content, cut content, and the new aiming mechanics, I might have bought this game.

It's clear to me now that 343/MS is just delaying content to try and steal back players who will undoubtedly move on to other new big games after a month or so. They're hoping that releasing things like Forge and BTB at a later date will influence the people who left to play those other new games to return to Halo. As for me, I'll be enjoying the new Battlefront, which also has a beta coming out in a few days.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 6th 2015, 11:25 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:It's definitely a huge improvement, but is anyone else seeing the whole "forge is coming out in December" as a huge red flag? Why are they waiting two whole months before releasing it? They've been working on this game for over 3 years now, more than enough time for the forge devs to get a majority of this stuff done.

I feel like they're being a little too ambitious with this game, to the point where people are going to be disappointed on release when they realize that things like BTB, Forge, and Splitscreen aren't even there. It's a shame too, because if it weren't for the delayed content, cut content, and the new aiming mechanics, I might have bought this game.

It's clear to me now that 343/MS is just delaying content to try and steal back players who will undoubtedly move on to other new big games after a month or so. They're hoping that releasing things like Forge and BTB at a later date will influence the people who left to play those other new games to return to Halo. As for me, I'll be enjoying the new Battlefront, which also has a beta coming out in a few days.

Thing is the Proffesional Forge players just recently Gave ALL their suggestions to 343 on their recent visit last week and 343 wants to meet all of those demands which include even the most ambitious that's why they are delaying it to December so they can actually release it without hiccups

(BTB comes out a week after launch)
(Split-Screen will probably never come until Halo 6 or the next Halo spinoff)

I'm gonna be spending a whole two months playing an amazing Campaign, OG sweet Arena Multiplayer, and Insane Warzones!
Either way this game will have tons of Post-launch content like the free 25 Multiplayer maps that includes 6 more Warzone maps with new vehicles weapons armor and other stuff
ALL FREE, not to mention once Forge launches + The community playlists will be insane!
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh October 6th 2015, 11:29 pm

That if the population isn't below 10k after 1 month.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 7th 2015, 5:51 am

I give it two weeks
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 7th 2015, 10:55 am

Halo 5 Has gone GOLD!
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-goes-gold
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 7th 2015, 1:44 pm

>OG
>yeah ok mate

Can RMT get a forum tag as 'Official 343i bullshitter'.
Some of the excuses you make up for them are funny.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh October 7th 2015, 3:31 pm

The hell does going gold mean?
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts October 7th 2015, 3:50 pm

I could be wrong but I think it means they're done editing the code and assets and they have released their final build to go be pressed on blu-rays.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 7th 2015, 4:42 pm

Mootjuh wrote:The hell does going gold mean?

It means the game is COMPLETE, ready to be pressed on Blu-ray discs and shipped to the stores!
The article also had a Cool little infographic that details the content in Halo 5 by the numbers

https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/blogs/images/10-5_h5-infographic-92640374178f47f5a83d11c4309540c0.jpg

There are 15 Campaign Missions 13 skulls and 117 collectibles :D

Fun little fact Halo 5 with all the Post launch maps will have more maps then
Halo 1 + 2 + 3 Launch maps combined!
Halo 5 maps w/Post-launch = 39 NOT counting Breakout and Forge.
Halo 1,2 and 3 maps = 36!

Not to mention with Forge 343 has stated that with all the new tools you can theoretically create EVEN better maps! then the ones shipped on DISC! this coupled with the Community creativity + Community map playlists we will have hundreds of detailed well made maps!

Food for thought: In Halo 5 you can disable all the Spartan abilities including sprint in Custom games AND the Halo 1 Pistol is present with the exact same stats and ttk
AND with Halo 5 forge you can create literally anything so... imagine creating all the Halo CE maps with forge having everyone wear MK.V and of course disabling all the abilites, having everyone start with a HCE Magnum AND BOOM! you have a modernized Halo 1 :D

oh and have the SPNKR Rocket launcher as a power weapon :)
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 October 7th 2015, 5:21 pm

No amount of custom game options will fix the bloom console garbage look though.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 7th 2015, 5:44 pm

General_101 wrote:No amount of custom game options will fix the bloom console garbage look though.

??? what do you mean I think it looks good?

Can you elaborate?
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts October 7th 2015, 7:54 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:
Food for thought: In Halo 5 you can disable all the Spartan abilities including sprint in Custom games AND the Halo 1 Pistol is present with the exact same stats and ttk
AND with Halo 5 forge you can create literally anything so... imagine creating all the Halo CE maps with forge having everyone wear MK.V and of course disabling all the abilites, having everyone start with a HCE Magnum AND BOOM! you have a modernized Halo 1 :D

oh and have the SPNKR Rocket launcher as a power weapon :)
Yeah, you could replicate Halo CE minus the 12 round shotgun, non-draining plasma pistol, 60-round AR, (no, smg is not quite the same) zoom mechanics, lack of sufficient polygons in places, hud, lack of flagnum, lack of 1-man warthog ctf runs, possibly bleedthrough melee, scorpion driver turret, and most prominently there would be NO PLASMA RIFLE. At this point, the plasma rifle might as well be the bungie seal of approval.

And if I wanted to play halo CE, I'd just play it on PC, where I M&K controls.

I suppose if you didn't have MCC and wanted to simulate Halo CE with your friends, I guess you could OH WAIT...
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ October 7th 2015, 8:21 pm

I mean everyone is either hating or loving this game before it's even launched, y'all need to chill for real.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen October 7th 2015, 9:31 pm

The gun I really wanted in Customs is the normal rocket launcher to replace the thing they made themselves, the H1 Pistol in all it's OP glory doesn't really appeal to me.
I won't blame them for not making a good amount of content though. That's good.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 October 7th 2015, 9:41 pm

TheAandZ wrote:I mean everyone is either hating or loving this game before it's even launched, y'all need to chill for real.
No! We need to take sides in this tribalistic game and berate others for their choices because if we don't how else are we to keep these forums alive. Actual good discussion?
RockMetal&Time wrote:
General_101 wrote:No amount of custom game options will fix the bloom console garbage look though.

??? what do you mean  I think it looks good?

Can you elaborate?
I was mostly just making a nonsensical jab but if you want to hear how I actually feel. New Halo looks like instead of impressive gameplay they went with making the game itself flashy as possible. Overly detailed designs, bloom covered environments, over the top animations to make it feel like I am at a shitty high school football game. (Seriously, what the **** is this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udtYNBkzsmY) I wouldn't mind all the gameplay changes too much really. I did enjoy reach to some extent and even Halo 4 at times. This need to cover every console exclusive behind layers of bloom and other effects instead of just having an interesting simple art style along with impressive gameplay kills the game and is part of the reason why I sold my Xbox 360. New Halo just looks like white noise in the sea of modern first person shooters. Consoles are in my opinion where most originality any first person shooter had goes to die. Being told that this is the future while the games I grew up with (Halo, Doom, Fallout) are being streamlined for the masses to pick up like a fast food meal and leave kills me inside. At the end of the day all of these methods are putting lipstick on a pig to me. Really it's just frustration at this point for me.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 7th 2015, 10:29 pm

General_101 wrote:
TheAandZ wrote:I mean everyone is either hating or loving this game before it's even launched, y'all need to chill for real.
No! We need to take sides in this tribalistic game and berate others for their choices because if we don't how else are we to keep these forums alive. Actual good discussion?
RockMetal&Time wrote:

??? what do you mean  I think it looks good?

Can you elaborate?
I was mostly just making a nonsensical jab but if you want to hear how I actually feel. New Halo looks like instead of impressive gameplay they went with making the game itself flashy as possible. Overly detailed designs, bloom covered environments, over the top animations to make it feel like I am at a shitty high school football game. (Seriously, what the **** is this?   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udtYNBkzsmY) I wouldn't mind all the gameplay changes too much really. I did enjoy reach to some extent and even Halo 4 at times. This need to cover every console exclusive behind layers of bloom and other effects instead of just having an interesting simple art style along with impressive gameplay kills the game and is part of the reason why I sold my Xbox 360. New Halo just looks like white noise in the sea of modern first person shooters. Consoles are in my opinion where most originality any first person shooter had goes to die. Being told that this is the future while the games I grew up with (Halo, Doom, Fallout) are being streamlined for the masses to pick up like a fast food meal and leave kills me inside. At the end of the day all of these methods are putting lipstick on a pig to me. Really it's just frustration at this point for me.

You're in luck because all of those Flashy animations where removed after a ton of people like you and me shat bricks lol (the Pro dudebro players where probably behind it)
I can agree that Halo is being streamlined for the forgive me for the usage of this word... "Casuals" but I still see Halo in "Halo 5:Guardians!" I know I know the flashy Bloom and art graphics are insane the Smart scope and the ground pounds yeah yeah I thought the same things until I actually played the game and loved it! once you
get to actually project it natively on a 1080p Display the art style shines well and looks good I still don't like everything about Halo 5 there are honestly a lot of things that piss me off but IMO the good outweigh the bad...

If I could change Halo 5 Guardians I would...
-Halo 3, 2 Art style as in get rid of those ugly *** pelicans, and that ugly storm rifle oh and get rid of those weird power ranger armors!
-Ads gone while I don't really mind it that much it does suck when the default control scheme has aim in LT! wtf!
-Split-Screen returning! (really needs no elaboration)
-LAN seriously halo 5 has No lan?! wtf!
-Armor pieces instead of Armor sets!
-ALOT OF THINGS missing in launch, Forge,BTB,Mark V,Mark VI, Flying Human vehicles.etc all will be added FOR free post-launch but i'ts still annoying...

Ehh that's about all I hate about Halo 5 now for the things I like!

-Some of the Weapons and Armor are actually well designed way better than Halo 4 to say...
-The abilities are balanced and work well in the new maps Truth and Empire where my favorite beta maps because they where fine tuned for the abilities lots of tricks you could pull off
-Descope is back (doesn't need to be elaborated)
-No Loadouts No killstreaks No perks No bullshit
-The Campaign is really open-ended hundreds of collectibles,skulls,easter eggs and other goodies
-The Music is beautiful mix of Halo 4 with the classic trilogy
-The Physical rendering system is really well done and makes a ton of awesome lightning effects like the spartan shields emitting light, object materials adapting well depending on what lightning is reflecting, I also noticed a lot of Specular highlights,reflections and other small details  in my time with the beta, now the full game looks way better but I can't be sure since I don't really have a native output of the game itself (you can't trust YouTube Videos)
-The story is what keeps me up at night I need more Halo canon in my life maan
-Actual Progression,XP ranking, Commendations,Competetive Skill Rank,REQ points,Stat tracking,Military style Ranks ala Halo 3
-Covenant Speak English again! and the grunts are hilarious as ever
-Dedicated servers ACROSS ALL modes, including custom games, this kinda fills in the gap of not having LAN
-GriffBall,Infection,Swat,Action Sack all have playlists
-Breakout is amazing (doesn't need elaboration lol)
-My favorite character Dr.Halsey has a huge role in the story of Halo 5
-Think about the Parkour Forge maps (cough cough clamber)
-I can make Samus Aran Armor with Vale's set cough cough- Green Visor, Red and Orange,suit colors :D
-39 Maps in Total -Post launch 21 at launch not incuding Forge maps and breakout maps
-Almost every single map in Halo history can be made in Forge by the looks of it
-Halo Championship series and returning pro players! (lots of $$$dinero$$$) get that bling on!
-Snow maps bro.... snow maps.... SNOW MAPS! SNOOOOWWW
-Buck is Back Arbiter is Back Blue Team is back!(Doesn't need elaboration)

those are just some of my reasons for liking and being hyped af for Halo 5 I'm not trying to convince anyone I just want to elaborate as to why I think what I think comprendo?!
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 7th 2015, 10:55 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't quite mind the Halo 4/5 Pelicans? Sure they're different but they're not terrible in their own way except maybe the cockpit.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen October 7th 2015, 11:43 pm

It's too smooth imo. It's one of the vehicles that looks better when it's harshly angled, as it seems a little odd when smoothly shaped the way it is.
I admit it bugs me more than it ought to.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts October 7th 2015, 11:46 pm

I didn't notice a difference until you pointed it out.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 October 7th 2015, 11:56 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't quite mind the Halo 4/5 Pelicans? Sure they're different but they're not terrible in their own way except maybe the cockpit.

Halo 4 Pelican:

I'll name some things off the top of my head:

- Yes, the cockpit isn't connected to the troop bay. In other words, if the pilot gets shot out somehow, the passengers are screwed.

- Thrusters are... on the ship's underbelly?!? Why? The thrusters on the wings/tail were enough to keep it aloft before...

- Why is the front turret so stubby? Halo 2 and Reach got it right.

- The side turrets are just dumb. It was 343's attempt to make the pelican co-op friendly, but they just turned it into a glorified Falcon. Plus the placement of the turrets makes it difficult for operators to get in and out of the Pelican mid-flight, and also makes it impossible for operators to stay on the turrets when the Pelican flies through the atmosphere without getting fried.

- Scorpion tank co-op turret and Splaser turret are overkill. If Pelicans had those weapons available during the Human-Covenant war, the UNSC would have won easily.

- Not really a design complaint, but having two buttons to control altitude made it clunky to fly. H2A's Hornet had the same problem. Halo 3 and Reach got flying controls right.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top