H5 Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

H5 Discussion Empty H5 Discussion

Post by Jaing November 15th 2014, 6:06 am

Hey,
Know there's been a coupla posts but there's been no real discussion thread so here. 
One good source to get vids from is Chief Canuck:
Gameplay:

Pro Halo eSports player's thoughts:
Gandhi's Thoughts:

Somethings that popped to me were:
Power weapon notifications. Halo can't be Halo if you put notifications when power weapons will spawn in the killfeed.
ADS: Not really ADS. Smartscope. Same behaviour, just different aesthetic. Only real difference is former un-zoomable weapons such as AR can now "scope in". It's exactly like zoom except your situational awareness is increased.
Thruster pack: No. Breaks balance. If a good player found a bad player, it was near-guaranteed that the gunfight would be one-sided. Now with the thruster pack it makes it much harder to win gunfights, or easier to dodge rockets.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

H5 Discussion Empty Re: H5 Discussion

Post by Mootjuh November 15th 2014, 6:37 am

I think we should wait until we get our hands on the beta itself.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 15th 2014, 11:59 am

How many of us will be participating in the beta?

There's RMT...
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 16th 2014, 12:26 am

Not really I have MC collection and all but I'm visiting family in mexico this december cough cough same time Halo 5 beta starts smh...

and no there's no internet in my grans house...
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 16th 2014, 11:44 am

Man, I love Ghandi.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mike November 16th 2014, 12:52 pm

343's and the halo community's circular logic in a nutshell:

H5 Discussion E3kxr

That is all
Big Mike
Big Mike

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 16th 2014, 1:01 pm

Neesy wrote:Man, I love Ghandi.
Turns out, it's actually spelled Gandhi. Found that out two days ago when I had to write an essay on him.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 16th 2014, 2:10 pm

Heatguts wrote:
Neesy wrote:Man, I love Ghandi.
Turns out, it's actually spelled Gandhi. Found that out two days ago when I had to write an essay on him.

He spelt it like that before changing his alias to Scandhi :)
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 16th 2014, 2:11 pm

Big Mike wrote:343's and the halo community's circular logic in a nutshell:

H5 Discussion E3kxr

That is all

True.

>Horribly misused meme tho.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 16th 2014, 10:19 pm

*Yo dawg.

TBH I'm super excited to get this game, first thing I'm gonna do is try out smartscope. But the rocket launcher looks ugly as hell now.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 17th 2014, 11:43 am

Rocket Launcher looks like soemthing out of Black Ops 1.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 17th 2014, 6:39 pm

That's one of the biggest changes I hate. How objects don't look and sound and feel like Halo anymore.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 17th 2014, 8:37 pm

What did you expect? Something along the lines of Halo 2/3?

I thought we learned that lesson after Halo 4.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 18th 2014, 12:32 am

Halo 4 beta had different weapon models just saying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tal19PSPP-Q

hell they even had the fucking spectre in there things do change in a beta :P
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 18th 2014, 3:45 am

Heatguts wrote:What did you expect? Something along the lines of Halo 2/3?

I thought we learned that lesson after Halo 4.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 18th 2014, 3:59 am

The only issue with H4 Forerunner was the shaders being too shiny and too silver-looking. If they had toned it down and took a darker shade of gray it would be fine.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 18th 2014, 6:05 am

The other issue being that they were the most dry, boring, annoying and repetitive enemies ever, especially on LASO

Look at this and it'll re-iterate what I've said about SmartScope.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind November 19th 2014, 4:42 am

Honestly I have reserved my opinion on Halo 5 because I understand the need too play/experience what exactly is going on. It seems very on the spot, I see very little if any aim assist, and if implemented the changes they've made may seem insignificant in the long run.

However, it does vary greatly from the original (And by this I mean the feel of me and my friend playing on the same Xbox) algorithm. And I see also, the way many view the "Original" experience. Halo 5 (And in many ways Halo 4, STRAYED from this algorithm. And I can see how many are upset at this apparent betrayal.

Halo was brought about in the times of pc greatness, we had just recently grown into the FPS/Arena shooter, and many are reluctant to change their old ways. I myself admit that I am myself a Peasant in many ways. I had my own PERSONAL pc around 2000, and had as recently as Halo, Star Trek Elite Force 1/2, and Soldier of Fortune, made my way unto the elite and in many ways solidified my allegiance to the pc side.

But times vary.

It has been almost 15 years... since Halo, and its like has drawn the crowd of many, many average, and perhaps uneducated FPS players. This does not change the fact that through the years ALL genres of Video Gaming have changed and thus undergone legions of metamorphosis.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind November 19th 2014, 4:55 am

I make new post.

I shall never deny my beginning.

I have always seen the strings of the Unchanging yet Fluid movements of Men.

I began as a being intent on the teachings of the NES. I cannot to my knowledge say that I have witnessed the change of the first circuit, the first electronic calculator.

Always we seek unknowable yet predictable outcomes.

in fact by provable theorem/algorithm we create untold multitudes of stories and possible outcomes by which we may survive.

It is in this undeniable truth that I myself recognize that we cannot simply adhere to the equations of old. Something is Always different.

Halo 5 will Always hold differences that those who cling to the times of the Then, will accept.

Changes happen.

At first I saw and felt nothing but disgust at what they had mutated this new variation into.

But sh­it happens.

^_^

Over 800 hours of information assimilated, I must admit this new Angelic seems nice. A nice scientifically quantifiable difference from what has been.

How many become more philosophical as they become more intoxicated?

Cats ^_~
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by D. Emile November 19th 2014, 11:54 am

Love the new Covenant aesthetic.
D. Emile
D. Emile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 19th 2014, 8:07 pm

As far as colors go, I actually don't like the spartans. They seem to blur with the background, and they all seem kinda dull colored and washed out. Side by side it with a Halo 3 mp screenshot.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli December 28th 2014, 9:46 am

I dont own Xbox One so I dont really have personal experience with the beta but what I have seen from videos, I do think it looks like a lot of fun.

I do enjoy the concept of high mobility, parkouring around the map and thrusterpacking around but I do agree that it doesnt really look and probably doesnt even feel like Halo. Halo for me has always been about the simple mechanics, it felt weird when reach introduced armour abilities and this even more.

ADS is something I still dont have clear opinion for. I'm mostly interested what button is it binded on? People have been saying that its just new animation for zoom so is it still done by pressing right      
joystick? Or is it your usual right bumper nontoggle one?  If its the latter one I'm going to be little sad because I need my supertactical grenade spams.

One thing with ADS is also that I really dont see it making a lot of sense with all these smart scope things with spartan armour. My knowledge of Halo doesnt really go further than the games and few reads through the wiki so I dont exactly know how advanced the armour is supposed to be but why cant they look through sights the way that they before could, how did their armour get such downgrade, I dont get it.

Also, I recently saw a video from Ready Up Live that showed that ADS has quite big buff on your accuracy and while it does make sense I for damn sure dont like it. I used zoom in halo games to see better in long range battles, not to gain better accuracy in short range ones. This way it'll definitely turn into your usual modern shooter where everyone tries to put the sight through their eyeballs no matter how close the target is.

ADS is pretty solid mechanic but I'm not sure if it should be in Halo. Why fix something that wasnt broken?

Pretty minor things that could for sure be changed for the final release but I dont know if changing them would really make me feel better. This game is such a mystery for someone who cant play it.

Got to say that I love sounds of 343s games. Footsteps and gun sounds feel really realistic. Kind of weird thing to catch on but thats something they definitely have done right.
Bullet magnetism looks like it has been nerfed since Halo 4 which would for sure be a good thing.

Tl;DR

Gameplay looks solid and fun but not really all too Haloish, not like I know without playing.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 28th 2014, 11:16 am

Totally. The punishing part of long respawn times in ctf is that when you respawn the enemy is already getting away. Now, if they still have 10 second respawns, you will just quickly overtake the flag carries because I'm assuming the flag carrier doesn't have access to sprint and such.

That means no more amazing off the wall sneaky sneaky from the cave walk in the back of red base and walk out with the flag while everyone is out in the middle of the map and no more ctf on maps without vehicles because there won't be any more one-man flag caps because someone will need to be there to defend the carrier.

Unless the flag carrier still carries the pistol like in H4.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by BeastlySteve December 29th 2014, 3:07 pm

Halo 5 is nothing to worry about. Among all the changes guns feel tight and definitely feel like Halo, smart scope use is so minimal, sprint has that 4 second shield recovery penalty, the thruster can't be spammed, shoulder charge and ground pound both need a build up, and clamber makes jumps not as impressive but you need to leave yourself open for a second.

I enjoyed it in the 6 games i played so far
BeastlySteve
BeastlySteve

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 December 29th 2014, 3:45 pm

BeastlySteve wrote:Halo 5 is nothing to worry about. Among all the changes guns feel tight and definitely feel like Halo, smart scope use is so minimal, sprint has that 4 second shield recovery penalty, the thruster can't be spammed, shoulder charge and ground pound both need a build up, and clamber makes jumps not as impressive but you need to leave yourself open for a second.

I enjoyed it in the 6 games i played so far
Keyword here.
Personally the aesthetic looks horrible and that's a big part of the game for me. It doesn't matter to me though because I only play on the PC platform anyway.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top