Anime Fun! [UNOFFICIAL ANIME THREAD]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anime Fun! [UNOFFICIAL ANIME THREAD] - Page 2 Empty Re: Anime Fun! [UNOFFICIAL ANIME THREAD]

Post by Heatguts November 10th 2014, 8:39 pm

The first ten episodes weren't bad. It had a lot going for it and it could have been something amazing, a bunch of stories of teenagers living inside an mmorpg, wearing smiling faces on the outside but having to cope with their situation when in private. That, along with the appropriate demonstration that mistakes in this world can and will be fatal (episode 3 - could have been two episodes though) which made for a tenseness in combat that I liked. And the incredible amount of characters that existed for only one episode...

The murder guild was pretty much nonexistent except for two episodes.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Anime Fun! [UNOFFICIAL ANIME THREAD] - Page 2 Empty Re: Anime Fun! [UNOFFICIAL ANIME THREAD]

Post by deadofmind November 10th 2014, 9:52 pm

I just finished xamd lost memories.

Waiting for new episodes once per week for series takes too long.

What is good anime to watch now.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 10th 2014, 10:18 pm

I haven't even seen the second season yet. Thanks for the spoilers.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by OverClocked November 11th 2014, 11:26 am

Jenkins wrote:Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

That is all.
Pretty much.
OverClocked
OverClocked

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 14th 2014, 11:35 pm

Halo legends is the only anime I've watched. Completely regretted it all except the modelled one, "The package", and also regret watching that somewhat because Halsey is transformed from a old professor to a young thungy
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Retro December 17th 2014, 5:33 am

Jaing wrote:Halo legends is the only anime I've watched. Completely regretted it all except the modelled one, "The package", and also regret watching that somewhat because Halsey is transformed from a old professor to a young thungy
And because of that, I can call Halsey my waifu<3
Retro
Retro

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh December 17th 2014, 5:46 am

Her appearance looked so fake.

Anyways, Edward Elric is the most manly person to exist.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by 3dfxpro December 17th 2014, 9:33 am

My favorite animes in order ( watch them  ! )
1-kiseijuu
2-steins gate
3-code geass
4-no game no life
5-shingeki no kyojin
6-log horizon
7-sora no otoshimono
8-bounen no xamdou
9-toradora
10-evangelion ( reboot )
3dfxpro

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 17th 2014, 10:06 am

3dfxpro wrote:My favorite animes in order ( watch them  ! )
1-japanese (wierd name for an anime)
2-stargate (not an anime dude)
3-code gigas (sounds like a reality tv show about programmers)
4-no game no life (that's one bad japanese to english translation right there.)
5-japanese no japanese (wtf?)
6-log horizon (that makes no sense.)
7-japanese no japanese (same anime)
8-japanese no japanese (I think I know which one is your favorite and it isn't at the top of the list)
9-japanese (I think I know which one is your second favorite too.)
10-revengelion ( reboot ) (I'm gonna reboot your lion.)

jk.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free December 17th 2014, 10:45 am

Holy S*** 3dfxpro watcehs the same animes just like me XD
except no1 no1 for me is akame ga kill
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 17th 2014, 2:00 pm

AgK was awesome but its not really deserving of a No.1 spot on any charts tbh.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by 3dfxpro December 17th 2014, 2:07 pm

mmorpg4free wrote:Holy S*** 3dfxpro watcehs the same animes just like me XD
except no1 no1 for me is akame ga kill

Its mean you are a fabulous persone like me :D haha
3dfxpro

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free December 18th 2014, 12:06 pm

:d Bro4ever? :D
Btw i hated how they ended AgK i mean cmon
SPOILER:
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh December 18th 2014, 4:09 pm

That anime had the most mediocre deaths ever.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 18th 2014, 9:25 pm

There were two that really killed me on the inside
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind December 20th 2014, 2:47 pm

After you mentioned Log Horizon I realized I hadn't checked for new episodes, and just got caught up on the entire second season ^_^

what is dis kiseijuu?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free December 20th 2014, 5:29 pm

Its Parasyte uhm its strange XD
It has lots of bloodz n sum strange things XD
I dont like it tho ;p
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind December 20th 2014, 6:07 pm

OOOH I like that one, 12th episode when? Or maybe is not available on the site I go to?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy December 20th 2014, 10:16 pm

I only read Manga tbh and, very few at that; there are some really good one-of-a-kinds out there: Gantz, Berserk and deathnote are examples. When I did watch Anime, english sub was always the way to go; though, some Animes' required Dub, e.g: Dragonball as the English Dub actually gave more character to the... characters.

TL;DR: Naruto has ended praise the lord.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 December 20th 2014, 11:07 pm

Neesy wrote:I only read Manga tbh and, very few at that; there are some really good one-of-a-kinds out there: Gantz, Berserk and deathnote are examples. When I did watch Anime, english sub was always the way to go; though, some Animes' required Dub, e.g: Dragonball as the English Dub actually gave more character to the... characters.

TL;DR: Naruto has ended praise the lord.
Naruto technically didn't end, sadly.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli December 30th 2014, 10:56 am

I just wrote probably 14 lines of deep thought text and accidentally close the tab. Tears are salty.

Anyways I prefer manga over anime 90% of the time and light novels when I can be assed. This top 10 is going to be mix of all of these because I have so little experience with anime that the list would be pretty dry.

10. Naruto: Naruto holds a lot of nostalgia to me being second manga I got into at the age of 9. The story is kind of meh but it managed to do the nearly impossible and please me with the ending. Bad ending can easily ruin the whole experience for me and one that I openly like is something that deserves lots o' points.

9. Sakurasou no pet na kanojo: Ending was a sloppy bucket of diarrhea with dead pidgeon in it. Series was also largely immoral at times but it did some things so masterfully that I can at least hold my puke with all the panties, underaged girls and incest.

8. One Piece: Full of potential that it decides not to live for. It was higher on my list but lately it has been so boringly repetetive. Its kinda like a shitty RPG where you fight tons of minions to get to large bossfights in the end to get some l33t l00ts. The boss mechanics are different and loot gets better but its still the same thing when it comes down to advancing in story.

From up here starts the real battling for rankings. Everything in this list are somethings I like but 10-8 can be easily distinguished from the ones up here.

7. Fullmetal alchemist: This was fourth manga I got into after Dragon ball, Naruto and Bleach. It was for long my favourite one but lately it has dropped some ranks down. Its nice but maybe too cartoony at times. Also got to love the ending.

6. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi: Haruhi doesnt really feel all too innovative but it has very nice feeling to it and doesnt really do anything particularly offensive. I've heard it goes deeper in later light novels and it might go up in ranks if I decide to have a look. Got to say that the character designs are probably most boring in history of character designs. Over the top hairstyles and stereotypical anime eyes in slim bodies for girls and males that are barely distinguishable from eachother. Thumbs down!

5. Lovely Complex: I'm not that into stories with romance as main focus but LovCom feels so unrealistic at times that it doesnt really feel like one. The comedy is nice and LovCom was first manga that I read in full english, and opened doors to many of my today's favourites.

4. Mirai Nikki: Now we're starting to get to the big ones. Im going to say that writing is bit unrealistic at times and the character's emotions are little unreadable at times but I guess that you can quite easily answer it all with "Well you probably wouldnt be all right in the head when you have to choose between godhood and death". Some very powerful scenes and awesome ending. Its one of those series that you either hate or love and for me its definetily latter.

3. Death Note: Death note has really unique feel to it. For people who have seen it I dont think I really need to explain what makes it so good. I dont really think I even can. Its perfectly done story. Its as good as the first one, but the genre separates it from the favourite one.

2. Sword Art Online: You can't really call it unique concept anymore with all the new stories telling about virtual reality coming but Sword Art Online started it all. I think certain characters are very well built and only big minus there is that the harem is just so bloody unnecessary. It doesnt really add anything and makes your usual reader/watcher just feel uncomfortable. Maybe the story is just trying to pat reader's shoulder and tell them "Hey, if you keep looking maybe some girl will be impressed with your 99 woodcutting in runescape."

1. Hyouka: I have no idea what makes me like this so much. It is slice of life with some minor mystery elements. This is story feels the ultimate hit or miss with such a casual theme. This is something I easily can see someone not liking but for me everything just goes so well together. Sadly there isnt most likely new season coming for many years and the light novel translation moves like dead snail nailed to the floor. Maybe one day.

0. Boku No Pico: fucking awesome, also special shoutout to Fairy Tail for getting me to read new chapter every week even though I hate the whole thing with passion.

Hiatus X Hiatus and Silver Spoon are something I think of checking sometime. Silver spoon is just matter of being assed and Hunter X Hunter I'm kind of waiting for to start active serialization again. I'd rather not get into something I can read 2 chapters a year.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ January 2nd 2015, 4:14 pm

Apsuli wrote:
2. Sword Art Online: You can't really call it unique concept anymore with all the new stories telling about virtual reality coming but Sword Art Online started it all. I think certain characters are very well built and only big minus there is that the harem is just so bloody unnecessary. It doesnt really add anything and makes your usual reader/watcher just feel uncomfortable. Maybe the story is just trying to pat reader's shoulder and tell them "Hey, if you keep looking maybe some girl will be impressed with your 99 woodcutting in runescape."

SAO is the most wasted opportunity of an anime I've ever seen. Like bruh, you got an amazing setting, but then ruin it with your cheesy as hell boy and girl love story. It could have been amazing.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 2nd 2015, 4:41 pm

Dude, Kara no Kyoukai and Ufotable's Fate.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 2nd 2015, 5:53 pm

TheAandZ wrote:
Apsuli wrote:

SAO is the most wasted opportunity of an anime I've ever seen. Like bruh, you got an amazing setting, but then ruin it with your cheesy as hell boy and girl love story. It could have been amazing.
That's what I said but they didn't listen to me. I see people all the time who are like SAO besht animay evvr and none of them listen.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 2nd 2015, 5:56 pm

It gives people hope that playing games all day gives you a cute gf.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top