Music Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Music Thread Empty Music Thread

Post by Lordpyromon August 5th 2016, 3:19 am

The purpose of this topic is simple, if you want to share music with people that you like, enjoy, or just can't get the hell out of your head then post it on this topic via YouTube embed or normal internet link. I think we'll be able to get some enjoyment out of this topic.

Let's get the ball rolling, I recently started playing The World Ends With You and I really love the music, this one particular song really sticks with me though.
Lordpyromon
Lordpyromon

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Music Thread Empty Re: Music Thread

Post by TheAandZ August 6th 2016, 2:16 pm

We have a thread with nostalgic music, so this might get merged with that
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper August 6th 2016, 4:26 pm

mmh, was considering that but this would be a general music thread as opposed to the Nostalgic Game Music track. Being said

A few of the things I've been listening to recently
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy August 6th 2016, 7:28 pm

r93 is an emo
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordpyromon August 6th 2016, 10:50 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:mmh, was considering that but this would be a general music thread as opposed to the Nostalgic Game Music track.
Yeah, that was my thought, we have a thread strictly for video game music but not one for everything else, it seemed odd so I decided to remedy it.
Lordpyromon
Lordpyromon

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir August 7th 2016, 6:26 am

Listening to the NightcoreReality's version led me to this song and was even better than her version.
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat August 7th 2016, 3:57 pm

Lordpyromon wrote:
R93_Sniper wrote:mmh, was considering that but this would be a general music thread as opposed to the Nostalgic Game Music track.
Yeah, that was my thought, we have a thread strictly for video game music but not one for everything else, it seemed odd so I decided to remedy it.

I must confess to Bias here as I really do prefer the Original Version, by Evanescence - "Bring Me Back To Life" that Daughtry cover was  mehh 'insipid'
 and yes I linked the comercial vid as its easier on my eye ;)
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper August 7th 2016, 5:10 pm

Neesy wrote:r93 is an emo
You wish.

Deadmeat wrote:
I must confess to Bias here as I really do prefer the Original Version, by Evanescence - "Bring Me Back To Life" that Daughtry cover was mehh 'insipid'
I like both really. If the Daughtry version had backup vocals, it would have probably been even better. His voice does a pretty good job of rendering the song, but I there's obviously the classic vibe you get off of Amy's voice.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat August 7th 2016, 6:04 pm

Point taken re; backup vocals. Daughtry is'nt bad at all, it's just I guess the usual thing that for me any cover has to work harder to gain my support.
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper August 7th 2016, 9:20 pm

What about this?

Original
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 7th 2016, 9:54 pm

That's some cool stuff right there
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat August 8th 2016, 1:19 pm

[quote="R93_Sniper"] What about this?

Ok I really liked both but again the original won.

Though for as cool as the cover was, the moment I saw I was one guy, ( and yes I appriciate the skills he has,) and the efforts he must have put into the video editing and sync of the whole thing. Thats when he lost in my eyes, its a sort of Tubular Bells exercise from my point of view.

What I am trying to say I tend to go for the live music sets, when a groups skills and the music qualities are laid bare, and they either mesh or bomb. I know my here hypocrisy of liking an album track , mixed to death and never the same as the live gig.
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper August 8th 2016, 5:24 pm

I guess my preference is just over what seems heavier. While the original is cool and all, the heavier guitar setup is much cooler imo.

Though in reality, you should really hate both of them if your entire mentality is based on how close to a live performance it is. The original is made completely with synthetic instruments whereas the cover is multiple levels of guitar and amps.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat August 8th 2016, 6:38 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:I guess my preference is just over what seems heavier. While the original is cool and all, the heavier guitar setup is much cooler imo.

Though in reality, you should really hate both of them if your entire mentality is based on how close to a live performance it is. The original is made completely with synthetic instruments whereas the cover is multiple levels of guitar and amps.

Well you got me there, as I posted yes I prefer live music, and yes I tend to prefer original work and its my bias but I cannot hate stuff for not being live, or a cover for that matter.

I may have given you the wrong impression, but my music tastes are a little more subtle than I like Only Live Music and Hate everything else!
Let me cite an example, having been lucky to have seen the likes of Led Zepp, Pink Floyd, YES, Free  ( this could have been a longish list but a lot of the bands like Budgie, King Crimson, Uriah Heep, Camel, and the Groundhogs most forum member/ visitors will have never heard of ). Any way the buzz I got from an atmospheric live set cannot be matched by something recorded, however I do have many of those bands albums that I enjoy listening too, but would gladly give most things dear to me to see those Bands again Live.

I just included this just for Neesy and maybe Abdul enjoy

Last edited by Deadmeat on August 8th 2016, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added frivolous video)
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top