How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC? - Page 4 Empty Re: How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC?

Post by Apsuli March 1st 2015, 10:00 pm

This... Looks incredible. I'm so glad that I got the Combat Evolved.

Does anyone know do they plan on remaking some multiplayer maps? The change wouldn't hurt the very plain list of current servers at all. I did a quick lookaround but could not find information regarding this.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC? - Page 4 Empty Re: How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC?

Post by R93_Sniper March 1st 2015, 11:22 pm

They aren't planning to do MP maps period. the team behind TSC:E is disbanding after it finishes and the rest is left to Masterz1337's side of CMT.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls March 14th 2015, 10:45 am

Apsuli wrote:This... Looks incredible. I'm so glad that I got the Combat Evolved.

Does anyone know do they plan on remaking some multiplayer maps? The change wouldn't hurt the very plain list of current servers at all. I did a quick lookaround but could not find information regarding this.

How about these, "hehe".

P.S: Ice Fields is not complied for yelo in the regarded pic's;
That FOV, though (forgot to change it) LOL!

Halo CE complete MP maps-revaluation, with Halo 2 reconstructs:
Njls
Njls

Thumbs Up : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper March 14th 2015, 3:45 pm

I would personally say to add more to the geometry itself rather than just adding tags. CMT did a good job doing that much, and I guess some minor texture edits like what they did work too
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls March 14th 2015, 4:20 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:I would personally say to add more to the geometry itself rather than just adding tags. CMT did a good job doing that much, and I guess some minor texture edits like what they did work too

Indeed.

I am not the owner of the maps referenced, however, on the designers behalf, they do not have knowledge in 3D modeling. They have stated, the Revaluation project consists of taking the original maps of Halo CE, as well as maps created by the community, and improve the visuals and tag functionality, for a more professional gameplay experience.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper March 14th 2015, 10:57 pm

wait who was the one who made that? I forgot their halomaps name
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls March 14th 2015, 11:11 pm

NEX is his name.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh March 15th 2015, 1:52 am

He especially just did a reskin in textures because he did want the mods to work with the default maps.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls March 15th 2015, 1:58 am

Origanaly, yes. However, we have since, broadened the idea. The new maps are not compatable with the origanels.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh March 15th 2015, 2:52 am

That´s because you can only go so far with post-compilation modding.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Roid17 September 29th 2015, 10:54 pm

Halo CE SPV 3 Mod is great and halo 1 can hav extraordinary graphics if moded correctly but heres another mod much better than SPV 3 (graphically) video a A30 skin mod to resemble REACH https://youtu.be/MX_5wbEVryI

check it out...by: Katherine KAT
its in Spanish tho      :D

Last edited by Alex_Roid17 on September 29th 2015, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made mistake when writing)
Alex_Roid17
Alex_Roid17

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 September 30th 2015, 12:07 am

Alex_Roid17 wrote:Halo CE SPV 3 Mod is great and halo 1 can hav extraordinary graphics if moded correctly but heres another mod much better than SPV 3 (graphically) video a A30 skin mod to resemble REACH https://youtu.be/MX_5wbEVryI

check it out...by: Katherine KAT
its in Spanish tho      :D
I have no idea what made me cringe more.
The Spanish voice acting, the thought that someone thinks that looks good, a stretched HUD, or the terrible resolution of the video.
Strangely enough the qualities needed in a person who would find interest in porting tags and textures from a "modern" game to one from 2001 with no thought of quality control.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh September 30th 2015, 12:17 am

Do you honestly think that looks like Reach?
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper September 30th 2015, 5:18 pm

That looks nothing like reach. I've seen so many better tags and just general visual appeal that actually hit up the reach style, that does not.

Also -10 for the Spanish, cortana sounds so weird and....not herself
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Roid17 October 1st 2015, 7:12 am

well ofcurse it doesn't look exactly like REACH, its just an assimilation, it better than than the original
now with the Spanish thing well that's the original voices in the Spanish version in 2001, I it sucks cus its European Spanish (Spain). The best voice acting ive heard for Spanish was in the H4 foward unto dawn movie/series
Alex_Roid17
Alex_Roid17

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Roid17 October 1st 2015, 7:15 am

an plus how many yu guys even now Spanish, voices can in some cases change in other languages.
Alex_Roid17
Alex_Roid17

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen October 1st 2015, 10:19 am

Alex_Roid17 wrote:well ofcurse it doesn't look exactly like REACH, its just an assimilation, it better than than the original
'Better' is subjective. To me, and it seems to a couple others too, the lack of artistic consistency with Reach being stuck rather haphazardly into original CE is kind of unappealing and bad looking.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 October 1st 2015, 1:34 pm

Alex_Roid17 wrote:an plus how many yu guys even now Spanish, voices can in some cases change in other languages.
I live in the US right next the border of Mexico and was born from Spanish speaking parents and do speak some Spanish and English.
It sounds like shit like most dubs made for Spanish speaking people.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Roid17 October 1st 2015, 3:01 pm

ofcurse its sound like shit but hav yu played the original halo ce in Spanish, actually most games translated into Spanish use europen Spanish (which I hate) and the person here work on the Spanish vers of halo

and yeah better is subjective I never meant it as a fact, what I meant was that the SPV3 by CMT is great in terms of gameplay but its not graphical. the mod I showed yu in my "opinion" a bit better: for example the bridge and grass
and I thought it was the best halo ce mod with reach skin cus I havnt found any other mod better than this one much less in English
Alex_Roid17
Alex_Roid17

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 1st 2015, 5:00 pm

I speak fluent english and urdu, i took classes for spanish and arabic, and have varying degrees of non-conversational knowledge in german, russian, french, and Japanese. Its rather safe to say that i can tell when a voice over is decent based on the way the language is spoken colloquially. Spanish cortana sounds like shes trying to dictate or lecture as opposed to concerned suggestions, and her voice lacks the certain lulling smoothness that english cortana has. Cortana is meant to be a witty, sarcastic, but very caring ai, she sounds like a pissed off teacher there
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ October 1st 2015, 5:39 pm

r93

You speak urdu.
You are my new best friend.

To be fair to Alex, he can have his opinion, nothing wrong with it, however, to be honest, it does look pretty bad to me. (And yes, the Spanish does sound very, very off).
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 1st 2015, 6:13 pm

Now contemplating a full reach mod for ce, lets go
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 1st 2015, 6:29 pm

I can speak arabic on a conversational level =]
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 1st 2015, 9:24 pm

Inb4 Arabic and Chill

Seriously though, can you?
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ October 1st 2015, 10:04 pm

Arabic is the best language js.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top