How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC?

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC? Empty How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC?

Post by iBloxman July 31st 2013, 9:29 am

Ever wonder the max potential of the Halo 1 engine? Well here is an example and comparison. This is Halo 1 for pc with Bloom, anti ailising (msaa) anisotrophical filtering, and 1920x1080 resolution and my custom graphical mod. ENBSeries is the mod i used for bloom, it's basically a d3d9.dll file that gives the game customizable bloom. Anti ailising i used sweetfx and CCC for morphological filtering. Anisotrophical filtering i forced in CCC and enabled in the halo config. the 1080p resolution i got was when i added -vidmode 1920,1080 to my halo target line on properties.

ENBSeries download: http://enbdev.com/mod_generic_v0076.htm

SweetFX: http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SweetFX-Configurator_standalone_1.3.3.zip

If you want to learn how to get 1920x1080 and anti ailising just look it up.

TL;DR: Halo 1 looks good with mods.

With mods:
How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC? Ndspzc11

Original:
How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC? Qsoxt810

With:
How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC? Q1zcvt10

Without:
How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC? 245v1011
iBloxman
iBloxman

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC? Empty Re: How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC?

Post by iBloxman July 31st 2013, 2:56 pm

furryfoxy wrote:I think halo looks amazing without, but the mods are crazy awesome looking :)
Thanks!
iBloxman
iBloxman

Back to top Go down

How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC? Empty Re: How good can Halo: Combat Evolved look for PC?

Post by TailsTheGamer July 31st 2013, 5:32 pm

I don't like ENBSeries. Is use OS for a more proper Bloom look instead of it looking foggy. :P
TailsTheGamer
TailsTheGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by iBloxman July 31st 2013, 5:46 pm

TailsTheGamer wrote:I don't like ENBSeries.  Is use OS for a more proper Bloom look instead of it looking foggy. :P
Actually this isn't halo custom edition. it's the original game!
iBloxman
iBloxman

Back to top Go down

Post by TailsTheGamer July 31st 2013, 5:51 pm

iBloxman wrote:
TailsTheGamer wrote:I don't like ENBSeries.  Is use OS for a more proper Bloom look instead of it looking foggy. :P

Well I'd rather have the original Singleplayer maps from CE in Custom Edition to use OS then ever use ENBSeries in CE as the fake Bloom hurts my eyes and is an eye soar (to me.)
TailsTheGamer
TailsTheGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by iBloxman July 31st 2013, 5:52 pm

TailsTheGamer wrote:
iBloxman wrote:

Well I'd rather have the original Singleplayer maps from CE in Custom Edition to use OS then ever use ENBSeries in CE as the fake Bloom hurts my eyes and is an eye soar (to me.)

Well i agree with you, OS is better, and ENB hurts my eyes too, but for the original game this is all i could get...
iBloxman
iBloxman

Back to top Go down

Post by TailsTheGamer July 31st 2013, 6:58 pm

iBloxman wrote:
TailsTheGamer wrote:
iBloxman wrote:

Well i agree with you, OS is better, and ENB hurts my eyes too, but for the original game this is all i could get...
Note that these screenshots look bad. They look quite nice but I never liked ENBSeries bloom as it looks more like a foggy day than bloom to me.
TailsTheGamer
TailsTheGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by iBloxman July 31st 2013, 7:48 pm

TailsTheGamer wrote:
iBloxman wrote:
TailsTheGamer wrote:
iBloxman wrote:

Note that these screenshots look bad.  They look quite nice but I never liked ENBSeries bloom as it looks more like a foggy day than bloom to me.

Thats pretty much what bloom is... and you can turn it down to make it less foggy..
iBloxman
iBloxman

Back to top Go down

Post by TailsTheGamer August 1st 2013, 12:21 am

iBloxman wrote:
TailsTheGamer wrote:
iBloxman wrote:
TailsTheGamer wrote:
iBloxman wrote:

Note that these screenshots look bad.  They look quite nice but I never liked ENBSeries bloom as it looks more like a foggy day than bloom to me.

Thats pretty much what bloom is... and you can turn it down to make it less foggy..

But to me it doesn't look right. Not that it is not what it appears to be to you. I meant to say "Note that these screenshots don't look bad." I miss some words sometimes when typing. Sorry if I offended.
TailsTheGamer
TailsTheGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by iBloxman August 1st 2013, 9:00 am

TailsTheGamer wrote:
iBloxman wrote:
TailsTheGamer wrote:
iBloxman wrote:
TailsTheGamer wrote:
iBloxman wrote:

But to me it doesn't look right.  Not that it is not what it appears to be to you.  I meant to say "Note that these screenshots don't look bad."  I miss some words sometimes when typing.  Sorry if I offended.

Well everyone has an opinion so i would understand. I don't even use ENBseries though mainly because the glitches with it. Low fps, going to desktop crashes the game, and a couple others..
iBloxman
iBloxman

Back to top Go down

Post by iBloxman August 1st 2013, 12:57 pm

furryfoxy wrote:i think you did amazing with the tools at hand bloxy
Well i didn't make the mods themself, NeX made the graphics mod and the other things like enbseries and stuff were made by other people :/
iBloxman
iBloxman

Back to top Go down

Post by camycamera August 8th 2013, 2:07 am

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6273

CMT SPV3 brought my crappy old PC down to 8 frames.
camycamera
camycamera

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by iBloxman August 8th 2013, 3:34 pm

camycamera wrote:http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6273

CMT SPV3 brought my crappy old PC down to 8 frames.
Thats halo custom edition, and campaign. This is Halo: combat evolved and multiplayer. Halo combat evolved does not support open sauce or anything fancy like that. This is amazing for halo PC.
iBloxman
iBloxman

Back to top Go down

Post by FUNExtreme August 8th 2013, 3:54 pm

Pretty impressive actually. I've never had the chance to play with graphics like that because they weren't available yet.
Maybe I should play the game again!
FUNExtreme
FUNExtreme

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by nika7586 September 3rd 2013, 3:43 pm

good images
nika7586
nika7586

Back to top Go down

Post by Justo23 October 14th 2014, 4:30 pm

iBloxman wrote:

If you want to learn how to get 1920x1080 and anti ailising just look it up.

Yes, i'm new to all this, and yes, i tried looking it all up... but still found nothing.

so now i'm asking you. How do i get 1920x1080 with antiailsing for Halo: Combat Evolved?
Justo23
Justo23

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time October 14th 2014, 4:42 pm

Let us remember the old Forum veterans of the pre Screenshot leak era
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Justo23 October 14th 2014, 4:58 pm

...are you saying that there is no forthcoming answer to my query?
Justo23
Justo23

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 14th 2014, 5:04 pm

Get Halo: Custom Edition with Open Sauce. If you monitor is set up for it natively, you can run CE at 1080p, and Open Sauce allows for FXAA
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts October 14th 2014, 7:15 pm

Lol. I think I joined sometime shortly after that.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing October 14th 2014, 7:23 pm

Did they patch it yet?
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Justo23 October 14th 2014, 7:30 pm

on the site, it is saying there is a patch 1.09.616 that is mandatory... dunno if that is the patch you are hoping for or not.

see HERE
Justo23
Justo23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top