Dedicated Halo 5 Thread

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Dedicated Halo 5 Thread

Post by Neesy May 19th 2016, 7:08 pm

deadofmind wrote:Are you fu­ckin kidding me? They actually went out of their way to get JUST the forge working on Winderp 10, but couldn't be assed to bring the full fu­cking game and actually give me a real reason to upgrade?!

Microsoft
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos May 19th 2016, 9:08 pm

It's fairly likely that Microsoft will announce a port to pc for Halo 5. With the forge tool being brought to Windows 10, as well as the statement that makes it seem like you can play custom games in the Windows 10 version, it's evident that they already have the game running on windows. Josh Holmes also hinted at a pc release, saying that "this is just the beginning."

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/733331895606378496
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 19th 2016, 9:15 pm

Its fairly likely that MS will do absolutely nothing. They've done various teaser stuff since H3, and we still haven't gotten a halo 3 PC.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind May 19th 2016, 9:19 pm

Has there been any success hacking off the NSA "Features" of windows 10 yet? If they bring a Halo to PC and it's win10 only I don't know what I'll do :(
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind May 19th 2016, 9:27 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Its fairly likely that MS will do absolutely nothing. They've done various teaser stuff since H3, and we still haven't gotten a halo 3 PC.

I think this is the most likely to happen. Also, the funniest thing about this is that they actually went out of their way to get just the forge working on PC, if there is no gameplay and only mapmaking it PROVES they're just shitting on their PC fans and they give no fu­cks about giving us another real Halo game. What makes it sad is that everyone is literally shi­tting themselves with joygazms about how they'll be able to make maps with a keyboard and mouse, but most won't call out 343 for not bringing the full game, and those who do are shunned and downvoted.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 19th 2016, 10:53 pm

deadofmind wrote:
R93_Sniper wrote:Its fairly likely that MS will do absolutely nothing. They've done various teaser stuff since H3, and we still haven't gotten a halo 3 PC.

I think this is the most likely to happen. Also, the funniest thing about this is that they actually went out of their way to get just the forge working on PC, if there is no gameplay and only mapmaking it PROVES they're just shitting on their PC fans and they give no fu­cks about giving us another real Halo game. What makes it sad is that everyone is literally shi­tting themselves with joygazms about how they'll be able to make maps with a keyboard and mouse, but most won't call out 343 for not bringing the full game, and those who do are shunned and downvoted.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/halo-5-online-multiplayer-forge-mode-are-coming-to-windows-10-for-free/

This article confirms Halo 5: Guardians windows 10 Edition will have FREE Unfettered Multiplayer...

Meaning you can play any game mode on any map just without Matchmaking...
4K support and dual monitor support will be in the game aswell as KB+Mouse of course.

This limited free version of Halo 5 won't include the game's single-player campaign, nor will it include multiplayer matchmaking with random opponents. However, Microsoft representatives have confirmed to Ars that the free Windows 10 game will support unfettered online play with anyone on a player's friends list. That means players can create or download a Forge map and invite anyone else playing the Windows 10 version to join in and play to whatever "kill count," time limit, or other win condition they've set. Even better, Microsoft says that this friends-only multiplayer mode in Windows 10 will fully support mouse-and-keyboard game controls.

As series fans know, Halo's Forge mode allows players to build content-filled maps and lay down a litany of custom rules and modifiers for the game. This Windows 10 version, as its lengthy title suggests, will allow people to do the same thing on their PCs, complete with mouse and keyboard support that 343 Industries says will be "easier/faster" to use than an Xbox controller (though we have yet to see how keyboard shortcuts and other features will work on a PC version).

In short, free Halo 5 multiplayer is coming to Windows 10. Sure, there's a friends-list restriction, a Forge-only rule, and a lack of convenient, automated matchmaking, but it doesn't sound like a bad freebie for the PC gaming set, and it marks the first Halo online multiplayer game with mouse-and-keyboard support since 2007's Windows port of Halo 2.

The announcement also confirms support for resolutions up to 4K and the ability to publish Windows 10 creations for play on the game's Xbox One version, but there's no mention of cross-platform multiplayer (and we're certainly not counting on that addition). Microsoft has confirmed that this build of Halo 5 will use DirectX 12, but we'll be curious to see whether the results err on the glitchier side (a la the messy Windows 10 launch of Quantum Break) or the flashier side (a la the incredibly smooth, dynamically scaling brilliance of this month's Forza 6 Apex launch on Windows 10).

I'm hoping this is just some sort of beginning to actually launch Halo 5 onto the PC...
BUT This version will remain free so that EVERYONE can make forge maps and play custom games without paying anything!

IF they do announce a FULL H5:Windows 10 edition... "Minds are going to be blown!"

deadofmind wrote:Has there been any success hacking off the NSA "Features" of windows 10 yet? If they bring a Halo to PC and it's win10 only I don't know what I'll do :(

Dude just embrace the sweet sweet love of Government Tyranny :')
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen May 20th 2016, 3:35 am

Can't even finish our fight but they'll through us half way into another...

heh.
TBH I'm ok with this now that I know you can do customs with friends combined with it being free.
Still rather a complete title though.
Still rather 3 but I'm an entitled piece of shit
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 20th 2016, 4:40 am

Free Halo 5 multiplayer? Well, I'm in!
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 May 20th 2016, 10:01 am

deadofmind wrote:Has there been any success hacking off the NSA "Features" of windows 10 yet? If they bring a Halo to PC and it's win10 only I don't know what I'll do :(
Yes, I'll go see if I can find the thread at some point. I think it required that you at the most have Windows 10 Pro though.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 20th 2016, 10:32 am

Stevedoggen wrote:Can't even finish our fight but they'll through us half way into another...

heh.
TBH I'm ok with this now that I know you can do customs with friends combined with it being free.
Still rather a complete title though.
Still rather 3 but I'm an entitled piece of shit

Now here's hoping there's Cross play functionality for customs!

If this follows suite with Forza Apex there might be a Paid version later down the line with acess to Warzone, Arena Matchmaking, Campaign.etc

UPDATE Josh Holmes on Twitter had this to say about Halo 5:Windows 10 Forge...
This is just the beginning my Friend ;)
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen May 20th 2016, 11:17 am

Well let's be honest, he wasn't going to go 'Nope that's it forever lol suckaz git rekt'
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind May 20th 2016, 7:06 pm

Well if it really does allow multiplayer I expect a group to form and hack it to pieces similar to Halo: Online. Wonder if you could ever get these windows 10 only games to work on Win7?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 20th 2016, 10:37 pm

R.I.P Bravo has confirmed that a FULL release of Halo 5 will not release on PC ever

Q: Is this a sign that you’ll be releasing a full version Halo 5: Guardians on PC?

A: Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition on Windows 10 is a free publishing tool designed for map makers and creators to build and play their creations on Windows 10 and also publish these experiences to Xbox One. As we’ve stated previously, we have no plans to release Halo 5: Guardians on Windows 10. We are focused on building Halo Wars 2 for Windows 10 and Xbox One. Releasing Forge for Windows 10 for free will open up endless opportunities to the PC community to build and play Halo 5 multiplayer content, while also allowing them to share their creations with gamers on Xbox One as well. Windows 10 remains an important focus for the Halo franchise moving forward.

That's from the community update here btw
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4k9i43/we_are_giving_players_the_ability_to_play_full/

Oh shit speaking of which there is a LOT to talk about today gonna be posting in a while
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 20th 2016, 10:55 pm

Alright it's FRIDAY! COMMUNITY UPDATE AND 2+ CANON FODDERS because I missed last weeks...
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 18 No-codename-here-a2d02546a5de4d4eae0207d627508b8a

First we start off with a Q&A of Halo 5:Guardians Windows 10 edition!

In case you missed it, this week we dropped the surprise announcement of Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10, delivering the complete array of tools and features from Halo 5: Guardians Forge experience to an entirely new audience, and the ability to play full custom games to test Forge creations on PC.

Here are some of the key attributes we pulled the curtain back a bit on:

Keyboard & Mouse Support – For the first time ever, Forgers will have the option of using a keyboard & mouse allowing for more precision and control than ever before. Oh yeah.
Increased Resolution – Support for multiple resolutions, including 4k.
Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10.
Build on Windows 10 and Publish to Xbox One – Experiences built on Windows 10 can be published to and played on Xbox One.
While we’ll certainly be talking more about details and specifics down the road, we have noticed a few specific points of interest that have risen up around some particularly excited and eager community haunts that we thought we’d elaborate a tiny bit more on today. You asked some questions, and I caught up with the guys who have the answers. Q&A commence!

RECENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
Q: Will I be able to play the maps built in Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition?

A: Yes. Players can build, test, and play their Forge creations with other friends on Windows 10 through the Custom Games lobby.

Q: Will Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition use matchmaking?

A: Matchmaking on Windows 10 is not supported, but players can play with friends on Windows 10 in Custom Games by inviting them into their session.

Q: Will I have access to all of the multiplayer maps from Halo 5: Guardians on Xbox One?

A: All Halo 5: Guardians Arena Multiplayer maps as well as bookmarked maps created within Forge on Xbox One will be available. Keep in mind that Warzone maps are not supported in Forge on either platform.

Q: Is cross-play between Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition and Halo 5: Guardians supported?

A: Cross-play between Windows 10 and Xbox One is not supported, but you can share Forge content across both platforms.

Q: Does Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition use DirectX 12?

A: Yes! In fact, Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition is built exclusively on DirectX 12.

Q: Is this a sign that you’ll be releasing a full version Halo 5: Guardians on PC?

A: Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition on Windows 10 is a free publishing tool designed for map makers and creators to build and play their creations on Windows 10 and also publish these experiences to Xbox One. As we’ve stated previously, we have no plans to release Halo 5: Guardians on Windows 10. We are focused on building Halo Wars 2 for Windows 10 and Xbox One. Releasing Forge for Windows 10 for free will open up endless opportunities to the PC community to build and play Halo 5 multiplayer content, while also allowing them to share their creations with gamers on Xbox One as well. Windows 10 remains an important focus for the Halo franchise moving forward.

Q: Can I use mouse and keyboard when I play Custom Games and test my Forge creations on Windows 10, or only when I build?

A: Yes! Mouse and keyboard support will be offered for both gameplay as well as within the creative experience in Forge on Windows 10.

In the near future, we’ll have a lot more to share about Forge for Windows 10, but that’s not all. Be on the lookout for even more exciting updates coming to the Forge experience in Halo 5 on the Xbox One in the coming months – including new environments, advanced file sharing capabilities, new pieces, palettes, props, and much more. We can’t wait to be blown away once again by the community’s curiosity and creativity.

Next we take a look on some Infection leaderboard stuff (meh i;m skipping this)

Anyways here's the BIG News update...

Hog wild is going to release near the end of this month OR early June.   BUT! This update will be REALLY REALLY SMALL
This is because The Warzone Firefight Update will release at the end of June And will be and I quote

"The Biggest Halo 5 Content update of all time"

We’ve recently made some changes to the Halo 5 content release plan, which mainly focus on giving a few of the bigger items that were slated for the Hog Wild update a bit more time for finishing touches and polish. As a result, much of the contents of the Hog Wild release have moved to the Warzone Firefight release, which is currently scheduled to drop at the end of June. Warzone Firefight will include the PvE mode with a variety of maps to play on, new game updates and features, Warzone and Arena maps, a plethora of Forge updates (including a new canvas and more), new REQs, and plenty more. We’ll be talking about the Warzone Firefight release – which will be Halo 5’s largest release to date - much more in the coming weeks.

To hold you over, we’ll still be releasing the Hog Wild REQs as the Hog Wild REQ Drop at the end of this month. Let’s get into unveiling a few of those:

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 18 WW3woAo

Alright like I said this is pretty underwhelming BUT do keep in mind that this is because 343i wants to make WZ Firefight a HUGE HUGE HUGE Update including NEW Warzone and Arena maps,new Vehicles,Weapons,REQs, features, Forge updates (Including a new canvas +) and of course the Feedbacked Final version of Warzone Firefight!

Now it's time for your daily dose of Canon Fodder!
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 18 MeCZBuS

Back in 2009, Halo fans around the world – including your humble messenger – devoured their respective copies of Halo: Evolutions. Showcasing “essential tales of the Halo universe,” the acclaimed anthology featured a wonderful collection of stories from a variety of passionate authors tackling a wide range of narrative corners. From “Headhunters” and “The Return,” to “Human Weakness” and “The Impossible Life & Possible Death of Preston J Cole,” many of these stories quickly began to rank among fans’ favorites. With this in mind, 343 Industries and Simon & Schuster are extremely excited to announce a brand new anthology novel, Halo: Fractures.

Wrapped in a gorgeous new piece of cover art (seen here; click to view in pureform mode) by 343 Industries’ own Sparth, Halo: Fractures brings Halo fans a new set of collected tales from scattered sources and events around the Halo universe, and features a pretty killer collection of authors – from Halo veterans to critically-acclaimed new blood. And of course, not only are the selected authors on tap a truly eclectic bunch, but so are the stories themselves. We can’t say too much just yet, but let’s take a little peek at what you’ll be getting yourself into…

Launch once more into galaxy-spanning conflict and legendary heroism…shards of an ever-expanding journey where human and alien alike find their finest hours in facing their greatest challenges. These scattered stories span untold millennia, from the age of the ancient custodial race known as the Forerunners…to the aftermath of the Covenant’s bloody war against humanity…and even the shocking events surrounding the resurrection of the mysterious Guardians. Halo: Fractures explores mythic tales of bravery and sacrifice that blaze brightly at the very heart of the Halo universe.

So that’s the “back of the book” text, but for the fervent Fodderhood, I’ll pull you aside and let you know that we’ve got a narrative smorgasbord of story topics on hand to tickle your fiction fancy. Care to peek in on some ferrets, or read beyond rebirth? Interested in Spartans that have had their worlds turned inside out, or unknown Warrior-Servants looking for greater purpose? We figured you might be. No matter what your favorite flavor of Halo fiction is, Halo: Fractures aims to have just about something for everyone.

Here is a list of all the authors.

Tobias Buckell

Troy Denning

Matt Forbeck

Kelly Gay

Christie Golden

Kevin Grace

Morgan Lockhart

John Jackson Miller

Frank O’Connor

Brian Reed

James Swallow

As a sweet little bonus, the anthology will also include Joseph Staten’s Halo: Shadow of Intent, and Frank O’Connor’s Halo: Saint’s Testimony, offered for the first time in print form. We’re pretty excited about it all and certainly hope you are too. Halo: Fractures is available for pre-order now, and is slated to arrive in your story-happy hands on September 20, 2016. Stay tuned for more info about the upcoming anthology in the nearish future.

Also in tune with this we are also getting Halo Tales from Slipspace! an anthology styled graphic novel!
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 18 TYhd32S

Read more https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-tales-stingers
here's a preview page btw https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/blogs/canon-fodder/cf_tfs_interiorsneak-865af062e13b4101908a4c43fe11e1e6.jpg
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen May 20th 2016, 11:51 pm

Sword Needler Warthog? What, did 343 finally hire JohnLex?
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ May 21st 2016, 4:27 pm

Personally I am pretty excited for H5 forge on PC. Feeling optimistic but I know that there's an 80% chance I'm going to be let down with MS stance on Halo PC.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 22nd 2016, 2:37 pm

TheAandZ wrote:Personally I am pretty excited for H5 forge on PC. Feeling optimistic but I know that there's an 80% chance I'm going to be let down with MS stance on Halo PC.

There are probably so me downsides when it's released, but I'm fairly sure that it's a great game if you keep in mind that it's for free
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen May 23rd 2016, 1:15 am

Real talk, do you guys and gals think another 'El Dorito' situation will occur, where they get the program working on other Windows versions and/or enable the input of other content.

Or something like that, I don't know how it works.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 23rd 2016, 4:31 am

Stevedoggen wrote:Real talk, do you guys and gals think another 'El Dorito' situation will occur, where they get the program working on other Windows versions and/or enable the input of other content.

Halo 5 PC will be on Direct-X 12, if they want to port it to other windows versions you also need to port Direct-X 12, so it would be really hard to do
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir May 23rd 2016, 7:25 am

lolslayer wrote:
Stevedoggen wrote:Real talk, do you guys and gals think another 'El Dorito' situation will occur, where they get the program working on other Windows versions and/or enable the input of other content.

Halo 5 PC will be on Direct-X 12, if they want to port it to other windows versions you also need to port Direct-X 12, so it would be really hard to do
Trueee
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh May 23rd 2016, 9:02 am

Not really. They could just make it run on DX11 just like Halo 5 used to in the first place.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 23rd 2016, 2:23 pm

Can you not just boot up a virtual PC with Win 10 OS ISO and run H5 through that?
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 23rd 2016, 5:35 pm

Mootjuh wrote:Not really. They could just make it run on DX11 just like Halo 5 used to in the first place.

343I can, but I doubt if modders can get it to work

Neesy wrote:Can you not just boot up a virtual PC with Win 10 OS ISO and run H5 through that?

Not all Virtual PC support Direct-X support, and even if it does, it isn't easy, so it's then the question if you really want to take the time to find out :/
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts May 23rd 2016, 8:06 pm

Maybe everyone should drop DirectX and only work with OpenGL.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh May 23rd 2016, 8:59 pm

Vulkan is where the future is.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down