Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct. - Page 2 Empty Re: Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct.

Post by Njls February 15th 2015, 10:02 am

Apsuli wrote:I can't see anything through those hexagons, but the kayout looks nice.

Yes, I got to change the transparency level of the hex. Looked nice when I tested it during a day simulation.
Njls
Njls

Thumbs Up : 4

Back to top Go down

Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct. - Page 2 Empty Re: Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct.

Post by Njls February 15th 2015, 10:09 am

Actually, wow. Had I really noticed the apparentness of the hex before hand, I definitely would have changed it prier to making the gameplay images. I need to turn the brightness up on my main computer, gosh, I could hardly see the hex. Got on my laptop and viewed -- just wow, it's pretty bold.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ February 15th 2015, 2:26 pm

Yeah I was about to mention the hex as well :P.
How about make it a gradient instead of just lowering the transparency?
Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct. - Page 2 Screen10
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 15th 2015, 2:44 pm

Essentially I plan to have that naturally added when I implement a depth factor, along with some shading. However, a gradient would be great substitute to help with overall blending in design till then.

I'll mess-around with it. Thanks for that, TheAandZ
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 27th 2015, 8:09 am

Moving along nicely.

The prospective was a quick adjustment that I will still mess around with a bit. Plus I don't like what I did with the numbers (those zeros -- just, no, "hehe").

Beta v1.1.2
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 27th 2015, 5:54 pm

...I think I might like it better if you made the shield bar curve down rather than up. it'll help the flow of the HUD a bit more
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 27th 2015, 7:20 pm

You know, ya 'may just be right. I'll have to play with it a bit, as just inverting the shield-bar and blending the visor tint would probably hinder the FOV a bit. I'll definitely mess with that idea, thanks.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by CirkuitBreaker February 27th 2015, 9:46 pm

This HUD makes me very aroused. It is very pleasing to the eye and actually looks different than the UNSC/Spartan HUDs.

I suggest you remove all the angles from the shield bar and make it rounded and flowy.
CirkuitBreaker
CirkuitBreaker

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 28th 2015, 3:27 am

"hehe", well. Thank you -- I think...

The HUD is suppose to be a Covenant model. I used Halo 4 as a visual concept. Alas, your regard is held idle though.

This Is the second time I've had someone suggest smoothing the edges. I don't know If I'm ready to go there just yet, maybe I'll mess around with that while I'm playing with invert layouts. However, I don't know if a fully rounded shield-bar will fit in, but, well see.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 28th 2015, 4:14 am

I don't see why it wouldn't. Most of your angles are smoothened regardless, so generally speaking it'll go through with ease if you make sure that theres no sudden changes in angles. Also recall that it's a good idea to keep those outlines toned down unless you're using them to direct your eyes to key information.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 28th 2015, 12:03 pm

I just feel too much of the same design (smoothed in this case) can get a bit redundant. However, with two suggestions in that regard, naturally, I have to go ahead see what It would look like, it might just look beautifully placed, wont know till I do it.

And, yes. I want the HUD to look grate, wile being undistractive. A clear look in any lighting, but, give ability to make quick and easily contact with display assets when needed. The radar may have room to tone-down, but I'll have to test some lighting situationist.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 28th 2015, 8:46 pm

You could always fake smooth it, wherein theres lines but they flow into the next rather easily, thus giving the illusion of smooth space
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top