Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct. Empty Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct.

Post by Njls February 7th 2015, 3:59 pm

This is a Covenant equivalent to the Project Contingency UNSC HUD; a reconstruct I'm doing, as I believe the original Covenant HUD was too graphical, hindering the FOV. [Note: This is not an official Project Contingency design. All content is subject to change]

I've scaled the previews to 480p, however, the image may be cut off. Use the 'Full Size Image' link, or open the image in new tab to view full size.

The Carbine model is implemented to show transparency.

Change Log:

To Do:

v1.1.2 Beta:

HUD v1.1.1:

HUD v1.1.1 With Gun Model:

UNSC Official HUD:

Covenant Official HUD:

About Me:

Last edited by Njls on January 27th 2017, 5:51 pm; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : broken link fix)
Njls
Njls

Thumbs Up : 4

Back to top Go down

Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct. Empty Re: Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct.

Post by R93_Sniper February 7th 2015, 5:35 pm

God I forgot how old that damn HUD was...

However, I do like your covenant version of that HUD. I would say to maybe smoothen out some of the sharper edges, as covenant, namely elites, tend to keep smooth lines all around.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct. Empty Re: Project Contingency: Covenant HUD reconstruct.

Post by Njls February 7th 2015, 5:53 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:God I forgot how old that damn HUD was...

However, I do like your covenant version of that HUD. I would say to maybe smoothen out some of the sharper edges, as covenant, namely elites, tend to keep smooth lines all around.

Most defiantly. The majority of the more rougher assets of the HUD are just place holders till I come-up with a better replacement. I'll also be adding a boarder overlay with a more physical appearance, smiler to it's UNSC counterpart. Maybe add some more depth to the combat trackers as well.

Thanks for the input.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 7th 2015, 6:41 pm

also see that little circle you made above the radar on the left? whatever belongs in there actually should be in the circle on the bottom right, opposite of the radar.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 7th 2015, 6:54 pm

Yes, thank you. I was debating whether or not to remove that, given the position implied on the UNSC HUD.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 8th 2015, 9:59 pm

I've added a hex overlay to the HUD, as well as fill the shield and radar assets. I also removed the unneeded ability asset.

Next I need to add depth, to give a felling of having something on your head, rather than a flat overlay on your face.

Come to think of it though. Elites don't normally have anything covering there face. Maybe it is a flat overlay in there eye's.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 8th 2015, 10:54 pm

It would make sense
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 9th 2015, 2:56 pm

Wait a minute? I was recreating the magazine display, when I realized that the UNSC HUD indicates that the carbine's max magazine capacity is 16 rounds, when in reality it should be 18. And the spare magazine capacity is set as "053", when a Carbine's maximum ammunition is only 80 rounds (that could just be due to a universal counter, however, given the first mistake. . .).

Is this known -- done on purpose? Maybe changed for some other reason?

Last edited by Njls on February 9th 2015, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Type 'o)
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusa 'Aezotee February 9th 2015, 4:00 pm

It was an old HUD, and getting it to look nice was likely more of a priority than making sure the ammo counts were exact.
Kusa 'Aezotee
Kusa 'Aezotee

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 9th 2015, 4:09 pm

Okay, thanks. That helps me move on.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing February 9th 2015, 6:18 pm

Or maybe because it's total ammunition is reserve? Like 53 rounds?
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin February 9th 2015, 7:12 pm

Wait what? Who are you Njls? I believe you have yet to introduce yourself formally.
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 9th 2015, 8:09 pm

[Informed in Main Post]

Thank you for inquiring, Senjin.

Last edited by Njls on February 11th 2015, 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 9th 2015, 8:21 pm

Well giving your real name isn't really required but I guess if you want to that's on you.

Kusa is pretty much correct with his statement. That HUD isn't ingame, and was only put in to help visualize how it would look like if it was actually put onto the game at that time.

If he allows it, Lavadeeto could either show you the new HUD we've been working with, or maybe tips and pointers.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 9th 2015, 8:42 pm

No need to hid my real name. Don't mind giving it away.

I am interested in what your new HUD looks like. If it's not a problem, I would like that.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 9th 2015, 9:04 pm

Did not complete much on the HUD today, but I've updated the post to v1.1.1.

I've added a magazine display, and changed the numerical font. As well as fixed the previously regarded max ammo capacity for the Carbine.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 9th 2015, 10:55 pm

I find it odd that in halo games, likewise to the HUD I'm making. The Covenant radar and motion-tracker have there use-tip inscription in the Covenants native language, however, the ammo and grenade meters are in English. That could make some since given the universal language of math, but the basic character set [1234567890], though may be used vastly, are not universal in them self. I understand the point to make game-play easier, and not everyone relies so much on there radar or motion-tracker, not to mention it looks cool. It's just not very consistent.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin February 10th 2015, 12:04 am

Huh? *Googles various HUDs in past halo games*
Why do you favor 2D over 3d? Personally I like 2D art over 3D art because there is some sort of sharp feel that comes with it when done well, but why do you? Unanimously it seems to me that being a 3D content creator is the way to go; I imagine 3D modellers are in much higher demand than 2D artists in the gaming industry.
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh February 10th 2015, 2:50 am

We can't work well without concepts though.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 10th 2015, 7:01 am

Well, the textures that give value to a 3D model are 2D graphics, as well as game menus, and any other textured or GFX system. Without 2D graphics, you would be playing a very plain game.

I enjoy giving life to what others create, and 2D graphics lets me do that in all areas.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 15th 2015, 1:52 am

Covenant HUD v1.2 Beta

Just some test gameplay shots to give better contrast to the HUD.

The only new asset is the vary basic physical back-layer. [Still far from done]
Debating on changing the transparency level of the hex overlay.

Note: The HUD is not dynamic in gameplay.

Sprinting

Movement: Path

Movment: Path(2)

Stand
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 15th 2015, 2:15 am

....Isnt that SPv3 A50 with the Sephora overlay?
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Njls February 15th 2015, 2:53 am

It's SPv3: a50. But I don't know what you mean by Sephora overlay.
Njls
Njls

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer February 15th 2015, 3:55 am

looks very nice actually :D, i like it ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli February 15th 2015, 6:22 am

I can't see anything through those hexagons, but the kayout looks nice.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top