Project Contingency: The Machinima.

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Project Contingency: The Machinima. Empty Project Contingency: The Machinima.

Post by Heatguts July 24th 2014, 4:53 pm

So. Basic story:

A group of well-known people from this forum (2-4) decide to hold small gamenights every once in a while. Expending a lot of resources, they finally manage to get a Halo Custom Edition dedicated server up and running for themselves. They game in peace for a couple weeks.

Then, the forum is flooded with n0Obs from reddit. One finds the server thread and joins the server. The group of players all exit the game, then devise a modded gametype that bans the ip of anyone fragged within the server, then join the server again. They team up on the n0Ob and take him out, banning him.

The next day, as soon as all the forum members are in the server, it gets completely filled with nOobs. Unable to quit and be banned from their own server, they take up arms against these no0bs to destroy them all.

This will either be one whole 30 or 60 minute movie or it will be released in 10 minute episodes. The map will be chosen upon me writing the script, but anyone can suggest one now. It should be huge, big enough for two separate bases and with enough space to make getting to power weapons a difficult task. It should also have a really nice tagset (visually), but I can remedy this by simply ripping the bsp out and importing new tags. Vanilla tagset is considered acceptable for maps.

We will need in-game and voice actors for at least 2-4 forum regulars, and one person to do n0obs (you can synthesize your voice to make it sound however you want).

Current list:

Extras:
Senjin

Animation and Filming:
RM&T

Forum Regs:
Heatguts - Himself
Jaing - mmorpg4free
RM&T -  GamingWithDon
ax2themax - deadofmind

N0oOb voicer:
Microsoft narrator

Having someone like RM&T or Jaing would be nice, but you don't have to voice act yourself, just consent for someone else to act it out for you, and acknowledge that its ok that we are impersonating you for the purposes of this machinima.

I'm not sure how filming will work. I might* be able to set up a lan network at my house and do all the in-game acting myself, filming with xfire. In the case that I cannot, we will need a private server, so if you can host one without getting the "invalid cd key" thing or easily set up a dedicated server, let me know so I can contact you if necessary.

*MIGHT

Last edited by Heatguts on August 6th 2014, 10:45 am; edited 6 times in total
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Project Contingency: The Machinima. Empty Re: Project Contingency: The Machinima.

Post by Senjin July 24th 2014, 7:28 pm

As of now my PC is unavailable to me. If you want to put me as a background extra that's fine. I don't want anyone to voice me though.
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Project Contingency: The Machinima. Empty Re: Project Contingency: The Machinima.

Post by Heatguts July 24th 2014, 7:36 pm

Ok. I'll mark you down.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time July 24th 2014, 7:52 pm

I have no Idea if I should take part in this since I'm not at all a good actor
and I actually would prefer If this where to be made with Source Filmaker but! It has its pros and cons
But if this were made with source filmaker I could make some funny scenes,

like having 100 player models (n00bs) just running around causing ruckus I would also be able to add funny camera effects like a shaking camera to signify the n00bs coming in hordes and all

The only problem being that you would have to make the script and the story since I'm not at all a good with that
also I would have to do 100% of the animations and all because this would be made with Source,  :| 

Project Contingency: The Machinima. 48518_10
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 24th 2014, 8:41 pm

I'm up for it I suppose. Someone's gonna have to port whatever map we choose to source too.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time July 24th 2014, 8:43 pm

Heatguts wrote:I'm up for it I suppose. Someone's gonna have to port whatever map we choose to source too.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?tag=Halo
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 24th 2014, 9:02 pm

I didn't see any maps.

Or any h1 player models, but h3 is ok if I get reconz.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time July 24th 2014, 9:45 pm

Heatguts wrote:I didn't see any maps.

Or any h1 player models, but h3 is ok if I get reconz.

ughh it seems that I need Garrys mod in order to download the Files
luckily I found a way to access a mirror download for some of the models

also my steam says that GamingWithDon and mmorpg4free already have Gmod
soo maybe they could download some of the files and then send them to me dunno  :| 
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 24th 2014, 10:02 pm

I have Gmod too lol

I guess you had better join the club
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time July 24th 2014, 11:37 pm

Heatguts wrote:I have Gmod too lol

I guess you had better join the club

Its 9$ lol but sometimes it goes on sale for like 3$ and sometimes it comes bundled with Counter strike source for 10$ or less
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin July 25th 2014, 1:15 am

Everyone has gmod these days (Including me).
I think it'd be good to have Halo 4 recruit multiplayer models for the n00bs.

Imagine a wall of Halo 4 recruits marching in phalanx using hardlight shields :3
We'd be holding behind a hill launching grenades with Halo: reach g-launchers desperately trying to hold them at bay. There is a little wartable with miniature flags labeled nonsense like "veteran posters," "noscope noobs battalion," "campaign story suggestion noob battalion," "forge questions noob battalion," etc.
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free July 25th 2014, 4:02 am

Wow lets play gmod then :D and how about making the source filmmaker movie on bloodgulch? :D

EDIT:I dont see you guys online D:
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time July 25th 2014, 10:23 am

Senjin wrote:Everyone has gmod these days (Including me).
I think it'd be good to have Halo 4 recruit multiplayer models for the n00bs.

Imagine a wall of Halo 4 recruits marching in phalanx using hardlight shields :3
We'd be holding behind a hill launching grenades with Halo: reach g-launchers desperately trying to hold them at bay. There is a little wartable with miniature flags labeled nonsense like "veteran posters," "noscope noobs battalion," "campaign story suggestion noob battalion," "forge questions noob battalion," etc.

Project Contingency: The Machinima. Xjwmsw10
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingWithDon July 25th 2014, 10:38 am

I could do the recording and the video editing (5 year experience of video editing)
GamingWithDon
GamingWithDon

Thumbs Up : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time July 25th 2014, 11:12 am

GamingWithDon wrote:I could do the recording and the video editing (5 year experience of video editing)

Yeah that would be fine by me
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 25th 2014, 11:33 am

Well, then, I better get started on a script. And really, people have done bloodgulch to death. We should do a really huge btb map that people are like "where are you?". It doesn't have to be halo one, but all our models and weapons should be from the same game, and the map, unless we say we are using custom edition, should be too.

So should this be episodic or one big 30 - 60 minute movie?

Also, we need to decide who the dedicated forum members are. 
That means decide if you want to voice yourself or be voiced by someone else, or pass up your chance to be in Project Contingency: The Movie: The Credits.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time July 25th 2014, 12:25 pm

if this is going to be a 30 minute 60 minute movie.etc
then source filmaker wont work for it

it would take to freakin long to animate
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 25th 2014, 2:00 pm

Ok then.

I guess we will do ~10 minute episodes then, released probably monthly to give you the most amount of time. If you think you can do it all in two weeks, that will work too then, and we will release them on a biweekly basis.

Once we decide on a map and get some names for forum regulars, I can start writing the script for the pilot.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGASEAN2812 July 25th 2014, 5:23 pm

seems pretty interesting.
MEGASEAN2812
MEGASEAN2812

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 25th 2014, 6:59 pm

We'll see what it looks like when we are done.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGASEAN2812 July 25th 2014, 7:36 pm

Heatguts wrote:Ok then.

I guess we will do ~10 minute episodes then, released probably monthly to give you the most amount of time. If you think you can do it all in two weeks, that will work too then, and we will release them on a biweekly basis.

Once we decide on a map and get some names for forum regulars, I can start writing the script for the pilot.
'

just work on all the episodes and air them weekly.
MEGASEAN2812
MEGASEAN2812

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 25th 2014, 10:56 pm

We could also do that. We can finalize all release stuff once we actually get things moving.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin July 26th 2014, 12:12 am

MEGASEAN2812 wrote:
Heatguts wrote:Ok then.

'

just work on all the episodes and air them weekly.

Monthly would be better... quality>quantity
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGASEAN2812 July 26th 2014, 2:02 am

Thats how TV shows do it. Just take the whole year or something to get all the episodes done.
MEGASEAN2812
MEGASEAN2812

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free July 26th 2014, 4:18 am

That is also a pretty neat idea but i think a monthly release would be the best choice
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top