Xbox Halo on PC? Kinda.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Xbox Halo on PC? Kinda. Empty Xbox Halo on PC? Kinda.

Post by RockMetal&Time January 22nd 2015, 12:08 am

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/windows-10-can-stream-xbox-one-games/1100-6424789/
well with Windows 10 we can now stream our xbox ones to our Pc,s laptops or tablets
I'm still not sure if you can use mouse and keyboard on all games but on some of the footage i've seen they where playing Fable with Mouse and keyboard :P

Xbox Halo on PC? Kinda. Captur10
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Xbox Halo on PC? Kinda. Empty Re: Xbox Halo on PC? Kinda.

Post by BeastlySteve January 22nd 2015, 12:10 am

Legends is on pc as well, you'll still need the controller for all xbox titles
BeastlySteve
BeastlySteve

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusa 'Aezotee January 22nd 2015, 1:54 am

It's just streaming the video over, so you will still need to play from your Xbox.
That Fable game is simply on PC as well, like BeastlySteve there said.
Kusa 'Aezotee
Kusa 'Aezotee

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli January 22nd 2015, 3:50 am

Sounds really pointless really. What does streaming in this context even mean?
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 22nd 2015, 6:44 pm

You can be lazy and not go through the effort of turning on your Xbone manually.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex January 22nd 2015, 6:57 pm

aka, too lazy to port, and they still want more money for their box.
RCSRex
RCSRex

Thumbs Up : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 22nd 2015, 7:21 pm

Too lazy to say "xbox on" to play ur vidyo gaems
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex January 22nd 2015, 7:41 pm

Heatguts wrote:Too lazy to say "xbox on" to play ur vidyo gaems

more like, don't want to spend 500 dollars to play a broken package of games
RCSRex
RCSRex

Thumbs Up : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 22nd 2015, 7:54 pm

ehh I think this is only useful for when the xbox one is connected to the living room and somebody else wants to use the TV. But you want to continue your addiction so you use this to play Halo on a tablet or laptop screen yeah.

Personally I think this is pretty retarded and I swear they should had reversed this idea you know I would love to stream my PC games to my Xbox one now that would make perfect sense!
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 22nd 2015, 9:26 pm

But who is addicted to a bunch of buggy, half-baked titles?

I suppose windows 10 is a waste now too. Wake me up when they announce windows one.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 22nd 2015, 9:45 pm

Sir I'll have you know the campaigns of halo 1 trough 4 are fucking op in 1080p 60fps not to mention Halo 2 anniversary looks fine *** hell Yes the multiplayer is broken and the 343 has made me very salty. But come on! Campaign is addicting! with all the new achievements and leaderboards!

also Windows 10 is FREE for anyone who downloads it before the end of the year and yes if you have windows 7 you can still freely upgrade! the only reason why I'm looking forward to windows 10 is because of Direct X 12 and Cortana ,also that new web browser called Spartan looks dope :P
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Saddam-Insane January 23rd 2015, 5:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoYcjeHVbnI
Saddam-Insane
Saddam-Insane

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 23rd 2015, 7:30 am

They took it a step too far back though.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 January 24th 2015, 2:47 am

RockMetal&Time wrote:Sir I'll have you know the campaigns of halo 1 trough 4 are fucking op in 1080p 60fps not to mention Halo 2 anniversary looks fine *** hell Yes the multiplayer is broken and the 343 has made me very salty. But come on! Campaign is addicting! with all the new achievements and leaderboards!

also Windows 10 is FREE for anyone who downloads it before the end of the year and yes if you have windows 7 you can still freely upgrade! the only reason why I'm looking forward to windows 10 is because of Direct X 12 and Cortana ,also that new web browser called Spartan looks dope :P
Enjoy your built in spyware along with games broken beyond belief.
Also can anyone tell me why streaming is good or even awesome. If it is streaming straight from the console then there is no difference if you were to play it on your desktop or your console. It would be the same experience and you would have no benefits. You would still need to own an Xbox One so unless you have one then there's no point. Not to mention depending on how it streams the game and how you have your connection setup you may get an even worse experience from the desktop. The only benefit is if you are a lazy **** who has the Xbox in the living room and you don't want to go all the way to it. In short the feature is the definition of a gimmick.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 24th 2015, 1:40 pm

^ Like I said this feature is just retarded I'm sure only a few very small amount of people like myself that want to play xbox one on a tablet or a laptop while someone is using the main living room!

that's the only good thing about this *gimmick* :P
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 25th 2015, 10:49 am

Yeah, microsoft isn't actually catering to pc gamers if you still have to have an xbox to play xbox games. In fact, you wouldn't have to have the greatest rig ever to stream games, just a decent enough graphics card to display it on whatever monitor you use.

<sarcasm>
Hello! Today at microsoft expo we are proud to announce that windows 10 will be able to play xbox one games!
Xbox one required. Mouse and keyboard control not included. Games will be run from the xbox one so you won't be utilizing the full processing power of your $1337 gaming pc. Actual usefulness may vary. Actual results may vary. Please see your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms: extreme disappointment, extreme anger, the urge to kill everyone at microsoft, the urge to kill everyone at 343 and then kidnap all of bungie and chain them in your basement to work on the halo franchise for all eternity, insanity (may come in the form of believing an xbox one game is not a buggy mess), playing PS4, diabetes, cancer, painful urination, or death.
</sarcasm>

Although yesh, I do thinks the MCC looks fun. If I had an xbone, I'd buy it, but currently it's not worth $410 muneez.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 25th 2015, 1:11 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-22-microsoft-investigating-pc-to-xbox-one-streaming

Dun dun dun
Xbox Halo on PC? Kinda. Captur10
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir July 13th 2016, 2:27 pm

HALO 6 for Windows confirmed!

Was going make make a new thread :v All hail Advanced Search!
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper July 13th 2016, 8:18 pm

"confirmed"
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos July 14th 2016, 10:12 pm

Dat necrobump. The text says that it must be an "Xbox Play Anywhere title" game, not that every Xbox game falls under that blanket. This absolutely does not mean Halo is coming to pc. That being said, they are releasing Halo 5 forge on Windows 10, possibly testing the pc market (though I wouldn't hold my breath). I think every game in their E3 conference was on both Xbone and Windows 10, so that bodes well for the future of Halo on pc.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 14th 2016, 11:33 pm

I dunno. Maybe other people are coming or have come to the same conclusion, but my prediction is that even if they release H6 on PC, it won't have a great audience, partially because of the justified skepticism of Windows 10, and partially because they'll try to force it down everyone's throats using the Windows store, which nobody seems to use (I tried to use it in Windows 8 once and gave up after it tried to update the store app for an hour). I think there was data somewhere about the Tomb Raider sales figures and like 2% or some paltry number of PC sales were from the Windows store, most were from Steam (obviously) but I know I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't on Steam and I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos July 15th 2016, 12:01 pm

The Windows Store will definitely need to be upgraded before they try to release another game on there. There were reports of games that simply performed worse on the Windows Store version of a game, as opposed to the Steam version--this is likely due to the Universal Windows Platform.

My biggest pet peeve is that I can't choose which drive I want to install a game on, with the Windows Store choosing the drive on which Windows is installed. Windows 10 is installed on my 120 GB ssd, so there's not much space for games, which are requiring more storage space these days. Forza was ~18 GB, which is far too much for my C drive. Halo 5/6 will also require a lot of space, so Microsoft needs to get its shit together.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir July 16th 2016, 7:46 am

@Jaggynos, The Nov update does allow you to choose an install directory for the apps on Windows store. Though if i were to update from the RTM, i'd wait for the Redstone update and then update.

Heatguts wrote:I know I wouldn't buy a game if it wasn't on Steam and I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.
I know Windows store's is somewhat crappy but I just can NOT understand why people are SO much attached to Steam. C'mon people it's just a client with a huge number of games. Nothing more! and useless big screen mode... :D
EA made Origin to release their own games. Ubisoft now has Uplay to release their titles. Just like that, Microsoft got WinStore.
If i were to buy a game by Microsoft/EA/Ubisoft/etc. , I'd buy it from their own client.

Last edited by Abdul Fatir on July 16th 2016, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed Heatguts' post.)
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 16th 2016, 9:09 am

Abdul Fatir wrote:@Jaggynos, The Nov update does allow you to choose an install directory for the apps on Windows store. Though if i were to update from the RTM, i'd wait for the Redstone update and then update.

Heatguts wrote:I know I wouldn't buy a game if it wasn't on Steam and I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.
I know Windows store's is somewhat crappy but I just can NOT understand why people are SO much attached to Steam. C'mon people it's just a client with a huge number of games. Nothing more! and useless big screen mode... :D
EA made Origin to release their own games. Ubisoft now has Uplay to release their titles. Just like that, Microsoft got WinStore.
If i were to buy a game by Microsoft/EA/Ubisoft/etc. , I'd buy it from their own client.
Yeah, that's my fault. Let me rephrase that. If MS released a game on Windows Store alone, I wouldn't buy it. I'm fine with making purchases from Origin and UPlay (even though I haven't), or even GOG although I'm a fan of hard copies for older PC games.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir July 16th 2016, 3:38 pm

Ah.. ok!
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top