Halo guns irl?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo guns irl? Empty Halo guns irl?

Post by Misriah Armory December 3rd 2014, 2:37 am

If one was to open a real company called Misriah Armory, then make real halo weapons (as in check your local gun laws real) and sell them, is there a possibility of getting sued? Because you're not stealing virtual content, but it could be considered information piracy since the name and design is the same. However the copyright is only for the virtual content, and Misriah Armory would only be the name of the company. But since it's a physical object and the internals are an actual design which is not fully depicted in the game would that make it okay? Thoughts?
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Halo guns irl? Empty Re: Halo guns irl?

Post by R93_Sniper December 3rd 2014, 2:58 am

isn't Misriah Armory operated on Mars?

But knowing MS they'd probably try to sue, or atleast get a royalty off of it.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory December 3rd 2014, 4:10 am

Haha, Mars would be for "future expanded operations." And I was thinking this because the Magnum and DMR are both legal and quite feasible to make. (Minus the spartun HUD links, although they also might be reasonably possible in a few years.) But maybe for the Microsoft thing. However it may be a bit different because it's not like Halo, in which the actual name is copyrighted, but it is merely a very small part of a volume of copyrighted content. There would also be some either visual changes or a breakthrough in weapons because the space between the back of the magazine and the back of the rifle isn't possible for current bolt carrier groups and a collapsed spring.
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 3rd 2014, 5:05 am

Actually, you only need ~6 inches of space, max. The DMR from Halo Reach can fit the bill, the one from 4 you cant. The Entire Ma5 series is extremely plausible minus the ammo counter, and the M6 Magnum series is extremely plausible so long as you can handle the recoil and the cartridge (scope is a different story).

The only REAL issue you'll have for the plausible weapons is the Sniper rifle. The rifle fires 14.5x114mm Armour-Piercing Fin-Stabilised Discarding Sabot rounds. a .50 BMG is 12.7x99mm, so you're firing something around .60 I think. That would destroy a common person's shoulder, undoubtably.

Then you have the Splazer
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen December 3rd 2014, 6:01 am

R93_Sniper wrote:
Then you have the Splazer

Shoulders are overrated.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing December 3rd 2014, 8:16 am

Torsos you mean
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 3rd 2014, 5:00 pm

Splazer would actually be recoil-less hilariously. It'd just be impossible to make with our current technology levels. Unless its like, the size of a battle cruiser.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory December 3rd 2014, 7:21 pm

A lot of the UNSC weapons are possible, but without an absurd amount of paperwork, anything over .50 caliber or can fire more than one shot per trigger pull, is illegal. :P
But does the magazine in Reach at a slant? It almost looks like it but that would be weird.
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 3rd 2014, 7:57 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Splazer would actually be recoil-less hilariously. It'd just be impossible to make with our current technology levels. Unless its like, the size of a battle cruiser.
That's exactly what they said about computers in like 1900.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 3rd 2014, 9:57 pm

Questionare117 wrote:A lot of the UNSC weapons are possible, but without  an absurd amount of paperwork, anything over .50 caliber or can fire more than one shot per trigger pull, is illegal. :P
But does the magazine in Reach at a slant? It almost looks like it but that would be weird.

Absurd Paperwork = Yup
Over .50 = Nope, that's legal
Automatic = Nope...still legal

Reach Magazine = Not Slanted, has an inset.

Heatguts wrote:
R93_Sniper wrote:Splazer would actually be recoil-less hilariously. It'd just be impossible to make with our current technology levels. Unless its like, the size of a battle cruiser.
That's exactly what they said about computers in like 1900.

And they were right. First computer was the size of a room. Considering we don't exactly understand lasers and light very well yet, we'd still need to iterate upon the technology first before we can actually figure it out. Optimization comes later and portability as we progress. I'm still right in saying that at our current technology levels, we cant do it without being enormous.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory December 4th 2014, 2:57 am

Haha, what I meant is that WITHOUT the paperwork it's illegal. In fact you can legally make your own unregistered gun as long as you are allowed to own one (no felonies), and are not NFA restricted (short barreled rifles, massive bore size, silencer, etc.). Because technically anything over .50 is considered a destructive device. The same category as grenade launchers...

They destroyed the weapons in Halo 4, I mean they were already a stretch before but I guess no one there has ever heard of Length of Pull... Would have taken 5 minutes of looking it up on Google...

And the main problems (nearly only problem) with lasers is heat. A 5mw laser can burn paper but if you have 1.21 gigawatts, then you can burn just about anything. Hell, you could even go back in time.. :D

The M6 would be easy to make (comparatively), but making ammo for it would be its downfall. But if a well working DMR could be made, and the fact that it uses standard ammo...... My Gooooood....... It could actually be useful? (Minus the fact that it weighs 15 lbs.)
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 4th 2014, 4:26 am

Obviously you could easily lighten the weapons as required.

And unregistered guns are by state in the US, some allow it, others don't. If you're making guns as an armory regardless, you're likely to already have all the paperwork filled.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 4th 2014, 6:02 pm

Things people who want to buy a gun look for in a gun before purchasing from the viewpoint of someone all for gun control:

1. Gun size. The bigger the gun is, the better.
2. Bullet size. Really, it's just numbers and a bullet is still a bullet no matter how long or wide it is, but your friends will be impressed.
3. Automatic. Why shoot something once when you can shoot it 30 times? Without letting off the trigger?
4. Clip size. Reloading, pumping, and manually re-bolting rounds after every shot is so WWII it isn't even funny anymore.
5. Use in the military. If it's used in the military, it absolutely must be better than every other gun of its type on the market, amirite?

Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 4th 2014, 9:05 pm

Funnily enough, gun shopping for me was extremely difficult because I know/knew nothing about civilian grade weaponry. I'm well versed in Military Grade tho
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory December 4th 2014, 9:29 pm

They're similar, just more types/calibers of ammo and everything is semi-auto or lower. And a few other restrictions as well.
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory February 13th 2015, 2:11 am

So it turns out shotguns are exempt from being regarded as Destructive Devices by bore size. Let the CADing begin.
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 13th 2015, 4:05 am

CAD-ing?
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy February 13th 2015, 2:43 pm

I wonder if there's an equivalent of the Kalashnikov in the HALO universe...
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by ax2themax February 13th 2015, 4:24 pm

Neesy wrote:I wonder if there's an equivalent of the Kalashnikov in the HALO universe...
Yes, there is, its called the MA5 ICW comrade, and it does use 7.62(but 7.62x51 NATO, not 7.69x39)
ax2themax
ax2themax

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy February 13th 2015, 4:51 pm

ax2themax wrote:
Neesy wrote:I wonder if there's an equivalent of the Kalashnikov in the HALO universe...
Yes, there is, its called the MA5 ICW comrade, and it does use 7.62(but 7.62x51 NATO, not 7.69x39)

Why would that be the equivalent?
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by ax2themax February 13th 2015, 5:54 pm

Neesy wrote:
ax2themax wrote:

It is since it is:
-Most commonly used by the humans in the Halo universe(read the books)
-Several different variants
-Its in 7.62 and is gas-operated
ax2themax
ax2themax

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy February 13th 2015, 6:32 pm

ax2themax wrote:
Neesy wrote:
ax2themax wrote:

It is since it is:

Fair enough. I've read quite a few of the books. I only just realised it was common amongst Human Insurgents.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory February 13th 2015, 7:44 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:CAD-ing?
Computer Aided Design. (solidworks)
And pretty much all semi-auto/full-auto rifles are gas operated.  :3  It wouldn't be too much like the AK because the AK's charging handle is attached to the bolt carrier, as well as it being a bullpup.
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Back to top Go down

Post by ax2themax February 14th 2015, 11:16 pm

Neesy wrote:
ax2themax wrote:
Neesy wrote:
ax2themax wrote:
Have a good day comrade!

It is since it is:

Fair enough. I've read quite a few of the books. I only just realised it was common amongst Human Insurgents.[/color]
What do you suppose the M16 or M4 be, the BR and DMR?

Questionare117 wrote:
R93_Sniper wrote:CAD-ing?
Computer Aided Design. (solidworks)
And pretty much all semi-auto/full-auto rifles are gas operated. :3 It wouldn't be too much like the AK because the AK's charging handle is attached to the bolt carrier, as well as it being a bullpup.
Yes, I agree, maybe something like an M1 Garand mixed with a FN 2000 for the BR and MA5 ICW, since it is gas-operated and also bullpup
ax2themax
ax2themax

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 15th 2015, 2:18 am

God all of you and your damn colors are really irritating. Do stop that.

@Ax The BR is based off the G36 except in a bullpup configuration and a larger round.
Ma5 series was all based off the FN2000 with mixed elements of some other gun that I don't quite remember offhand.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top