I would like to know where you got that from
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Halo Source engine game - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo Source engine game

Post by HatchetHaro December 2nd 2014, 6:16 pm

I love you R93_Sniper. Animation critics FTW!
On a more serious note, OhDeestee, you have a lot to learn about animation. All of your animations just don't look... natural.
You lack easing, anticipation, flow, all that important stuff to animation. I suggest you get around to 2D animation first, before focusing on 3D animations.
Pivot is a nice place to start, but there's no tweening and it's pretty much stickfigures only. However, the rigs of those stickfigures would be in a way similar to 3D animation, so manipulating these rigs would be simple enough. However, I wouldn't really recommend it because it has no flexibility at all.
I personally prefer Flash. I use Macromedia Flash 8 Professional, but the newer Adobe versions of Flash have the bone tool, which essentially creates a rig for 2D cartoon characters that you create. But you have to pay for it, although that would be your problem *cough cough*.
Toon Boom is also a fine one, but it's got more features that I feel would be unnecessary for you.
But don't take my word for it. I'm just a huge 2D animation geek. 3D animation is a perfectly fine place to start if you don't feel like doing 2D stuff. However, the rules of animation still apply. Get to learning easing, anticipation and flow, and try to pose yourself as if YOU were the character doing it. Trust me, it helps.
HatchetHaro
HatchetHaro

Thumbs Up : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 2nd 2014, 8:59 pm

Hilariously, animating in 3D can help your animations in 2D and vise versa. I became a much better animator in flash after learning how to use 3DS max for animation. Odd? Probably. Unexpected? Totally.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by General Vetu Vadame February 16th 2015, 8:37 am

OhDeestee wrote:I have done a few animations on this forum already using SFM and I think within the engine is the possibility to make a great halo game. My idea for a story for this is currently based around the post Covenant civil war on Sangheilios with the fanatics. If anyone has any experience, interest or knows of someone who does have please write down a reply here.

Here are my animations by the way:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_OsMoi6y-9H8PQ-B7fVNDJtR2ygw-eay

I was actually going to attempt to make a Halo source game. In fact, if you want to mess around with the idea, I'm open. I'm mainly a mapper and honestly not the best in the world but it'd be fun to mess with you know. If you want to talk or whatever just add me on steam and state who you are if you add me and blarg blarg blarg.

Steam - Sleeping Obama
General Vetu Vadame
General Vetu Vadame

Thumbs Up : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top