Halo game based on the flood???

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo game based on the flood??? Empty Halo game based on the flood???

Post by midnightspro February 8th 2015, 3:11 am

So for the past few months I have been working on a Halo game called Finish the Fight and as a lone developer I have not gotten much done with school and finals. Although I have a couple of close friends and some students in my game design course to help me work on a Halo game.

So far all I have been doing is multiplayer for like a early beta type thing then maybe do like firefight or a spartan ops type thing.
I need ideas and my friend came up with a cool idea.
He wants to do a game based on a 4 player co op where you are 4 marines that fight your way off of the first Halo ring when you encounter the flood.
As a marine though you can't jump super high, regen health, and tank.
So I want to make a co op single player game with multiplayer of course but a extreme game mainly based on fighting against the flood. Since the flood is not really seen anymore in the newer Halo titles games and I feel they were one of the best enemies to fight.
I would like some feedback if the community (you guys) would like to see a game like this even though I haven't provided much I do have a lot of assets I created that I have yet to use.

Give me feedback please and tell me what you think.
As of right now though I am moving away from Unity and considering UDK or cryengine.
midnightspro
midnightspro

Thumbs Up : 5

Back to top Go down

Halo game based on the flood??? Empty Re: Halo game based on the flood???

Post by R93_Sniper February 8th 2015, 5:18 am

Unless you're doing a for-profit venture or have access to the commercial SDK, don't bother with cryengine. even then you might want to reconsider because cryengine documentation is terrible and you'll spend countless hours trying to figure one thing out.

UDK might work well for you, but I cannot personally vouch for you. UE4 however, I can.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by midnightspro February 8th 2015, 11:57 am

R93_Sniper wrote:Unless you're doing a for-profit venture or have access to the commercial SDK, don't bother with cryengine. even then you might want to reconsider because cryengine documentation is terrible and you'll spend countless hours trying to figure one thing out.

UDK might work well for you, but I cannot personally vouch for you. UE4 however, I can.

Thanks for the info I have tried out both before and UDK has worked pretty well, and I know it is harder and a lot of more in cryengine to make a single player.
midnightspro
midnightspro

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 8th 2015, 6:13 pm

Not even just singleplayer, anything in general. Honestly if cryengine didn't have so many restrictions and lack of documentation, we would have already finished the game I would assume
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory February 9th 2015, 5:06 am

Would it be possible to contact Crytek directly about their documentation and restrictions? They won't get any money from the game directly, but they could see it as a large advertisement.
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusa 'Aezotee February 9th 2015, 3:51 pm

Questionare117 wrote:Would it be possible to contact Crytek directly about their documentation and restrictions? They won't get any money from the game directly, but they could see it as a large advertisement.
They are aware of Cryengine's issues, considering our devs here definitely aren't the only ones to complain about the lack of documentation and whatnot.
Kusa 'Aezotee
Kusa 'Aezotee

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh February 9th 2015, 4:07 pm

FREAKIN TERRAIN
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 9th 2015, 8:19 pm

Crytek cant even help much anymore. Don't know how many of you know this but they're fighting bankruptcy, have been for a while
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind February 9th 2015, 10:36 pm

I've probably asked this before, but what made the team choose CryEngine?

You said you can vouch for UE4. If it's more user friendly or whatnot, why not use that instead? Or any other game engine?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 10th 2015, 12:27 am

Because I am but a humble if not self-deprecating animator. Although I have been told by a few members of the team (actually about half the team) that I have strong leadership skills, I am not in the administration of this game team. Master Noob and I have personally advocated the usage of UE4 previously, but ultimately the decision lies within the programming and administration, as they are the real people in charge of game development when it boils down to it.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time February 10th 2015, 12:37 am

^ Gameplay over visuals I guess
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 10th 2015, 1:37 am

If programming team cannot do their task, you will ultimately fail. Given UE4 handles about as well, if the programming team is unwilling then...well they're unwilling we cant change that unless they're open to it
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind February 11th 2015, 1:53 am

AH so it's more because Cryengine is perhaps (Slightly) easier to program in? Or rather the programmers are more familiar with Cryengine.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer February 11th 2015, 4:01 am

midnightspro wrote:So for the past few months I have been working on a Halo game called Finish the Fight and as a lone developer I have not gotten much done with school and finals. Although I have a couple of close friends and some students in my game design course to help me work on a Halo game.

So far all I have been doing is multiplayer for like a early beta type thing then maybe do like firefight or a spartan ops type thing.
He wants to do a game based on a 4 player co op where you are 4 marines that fight your way off of the first Halo ring when you encounter the flood.
So I want to make a co op single player game with multiplayer of course but a extreme game mainly based on fighting against the flood. Since the flood is not really seen anymore in the newer Halo titles games and I feel they were one of the best enemies to fight.
I would like some feedback if the community (you guys) would like to see a game like this even though I haven't provided much I do have a lot of assets I created that I have yet to use.

As of right now though I am moving away from Unity and considering UDK or cryengine.

do like halo 2 graphics, i loved it

and high five! another lone programmer in fan made halo game creation ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 11th 2015, 4:58 am

No, its because you would have to transfer the code, which would take a little while
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by midnightspro February 11th 2015, 8:42 pm

lolslayer wrote:
midnightspro wrote:So for the past few months I have been working on a Halo game called Finish the Fight and as a lone developer I have not gotten much done with school and finals. Although I have a couple of close friends and some students in my game design course to help me work on a Halo game.

Well I want it to look original but with great graphics, I want the game to feel like H1, 2 and 3. Mainly Halo 1 and 3 because those were my favorites as I never really got a chance to play Halo 2 growing up sadly. Xbox broke when it came out :/
So UDK has some pretty impressive graphics from the start and I want the game the look very very nice but have that classic feel to it.
I'm starting to prepare my models to test them in UDK but I am thinking of getting UE4 now :)
So Hopefully in a month or so I can show off a little gameplay maybe even sooner because I already have some maps that I completed before and some assets are finished. All I am focusing on is a title, main menu, a Hud and importing my assets into the project. :)
midnightspro
midnightspro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind February 11th 2015, 11:49 pm

What is difference between UDK and UE4?

Can't wait to see what you come up with bro! Fighting the Flood was always my favorite part. Forerunners suck >_>
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time February 12th 2015, 12:36 am

^ Prometheans suck
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen February 12th 2015, 12:57 am

deadofmind wrote:What is difference between UDK and UE4?
I only used UE4 for the first time yesty, so I'm not able to tell you all the specifics, since they are somewhat similar, though one point to make is very obvious.
UDK = free
UE4 = not free
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 12th 2015, 4:24 am

UDK is Unreal Engine 3, UE4 is Unreal Engine 4. There's a HUGE amount of differences between the two systems, including the fact that UE4 supports physically based shading
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh February 12th 2015, 5:13 am

Tbh, your idea looks like it could work as a HCE campaign mod. So I suggest considering that.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy February 12th 2015, 4:06 pm

Mootjuh wrote:Tbh, your idea looks like it could work as a HCE campaign mod. So I suggest considering that.
Exactly what I was going to say; then again, the whole flood-based CE mod thing has been done to death.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by midnightspro February 13th 2015, 1:18 am

Mootjuh wrote:Tbh, your idea looks like it could work as a HCE campaign mod. So I suggest considering that.

I actually considered it but I feel like it wouldn't get that notice and I want to do a multiplayer with it and I want it to be one great Co op game. I feel like if I did a HCE it would be just one person and I want it to be one hell of a game mainly for your friends to run through :)
midnightspro
midnightspro

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer February 13th 2015, 6:32 pm

midnightspro wrote:
lolslayer wrote:

Well I want it to look original but with great graphics, I want the game to feel like H1, 2 and 3. Mainly Halo 1 and 3 because those were my favorites as I never really got a chance to play Halo 2 growing up sadly. Xbox broke when it came out :/
So UDK has some pretty impressive graphics from the start and I want the game the look very very nice but have that classic feel to it.
I'm starting to prepare my models to test them in UDK but I am thinking of getting UE4 now :)
So Hopefully in a month or so I can show off a little gameplay maybe even sooner because I already have some maps that I completed before and some assets are finished. All I am focusing on is a title, main menu, a Hud and importing my assets into the project. :)

ok nice, but how about a high five? :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by midnightspro March 6th 2015, 2:40 am

R93_Sniper wrote:UDK is Unreal Engine 3, UE4 is Unreal Engine 4. There's a HUGE amount of differences between the two systems, including the fact that UE4 supports physically based shading

I just want to say now I got UE4, UDK and Cryengine to try them all out and so far I had the worst time with cryengine....... UE4 by far I love it, was able to get my animations and weapons in with ease, everytime on cryengine my weapons would load in but no textures would function right and my arms going everywhere, I thought it was a problem with my UV mapping but wasn't, couldn't figure it out so I moved to UE4 and I do like it a lot, better then UDK but kinda prefer UDK since it is free.
midnightspro
midnightspro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top