Contingency - Knows Halo better than 343i

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contingency - Knows Halo better than 343i Empty Contingency - Knows Halo better than 343i

Post by tarutaru824 November 11th 2014, 3:34 pm

Is it just me or is there an even better reason to be excited for Project Contingency? liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike maybe perhaps THIS

We are the last survivors of the true Halo Community. R.I.P. Official Halo Games.
tarutaru824
tarutaru824

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Contingency - Knows Halo better than 343i Empty Re: Contingency - Knows Halo better than 343i

Post by tarutaru824 November 11th 2014, 3:44 pm

Here is slayer gameplay.
tarutaru824
tarutaru824

Back to top Go down

Contingency - Knows Halo better than 343i Empty Re: Contingency - Knows Halo better than 343i

Post by Angryboy November 11th 2014, 8:14 pm

Sounds about right. What the hell are 343i doing with Halo? People say they've got a year of Beta to work out what is wanted and what isn't... looks like they completely ignored fans though... A year to open their damn ears.

*shows BR with ADS*
*fans complain*
"Don't worry, its only for the BR"
*show pistol with ADS*

Open. Your damn. Ears.
Angryboy
Angryboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Noob November 11th 2014, 10:06 pm

Ignored fans? They removed tons of stuff from halo 4 due to fan feedback. As for ADS, it's nothing as large as people are making it out to be. No accuracy bonus, no speed reduction, it's just halo's zoom function that doesn't go down when firing. It's more for people who are used to that playstyle or like using higher sensitivities while wanting to aim when not spinning around.
Master Noob
Master Noob
Developer

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper November 12th 2014, 2:28 am

@OP
ya know, you could also just chill with the "Hey look these guys are gonna do X, Y and Z" concerning us. We haven't shown you gameplay, you would be smart to reserve judgment for us knowing better than an actual AAA company, when we're literally just a team of fans.

As far as H5G is concerned, aside from a few minor details, its turning out quite nicely. 343i knows very well how to respond to crit
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerris November 12th 2014, 3:42 am

I dont know guys id say the gameplay looks pretty different from the older halos

Kerris
Kerris

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 12th 2014, 9:42 am

Halo 5 is a blessing to me in terms of competetive multiplayer but hey The biggest reason why I'm a Halo fan is because of the story and well 343i are nailing it with the more serious tone and the in depth lore they have added trough the forerunner trilogy.
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 12th 2014, 10:33 am

I don't see how it was any more srsface than the first one. If I recall, the UNSC Infinity survived along with most of it's crew and last I checked besides johnson and chief and cortana nobody got off installation 04.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 November 12th 2014, 7:01 pm

Master Noob wrote:Ignored fans? They removed tons of stuff from halo 4 due to fan feedback. As for ADS, it's nothing as large as people are making it out to be. No accuracy bonus, no speed reduction, it's just halo's zoom function that doesn't go down when firing. It's more for people who are used to that playstyle or like using higher sensitivities while wanting to aim when not spinning around.
I disagree with your statement. Even if it is just an animation one of the things I felt separated Halo from other shooters is how guns zoomed in. It was just a simple overlay with a Reticle in the middle and for guns that couldn't well tough shit. When I imagine Halo I don't see any kind of gun going up to my face but a simple overlay that shows a clear view of everything. You are free to feel that I am overreacting to a small change but whether it affects it or not is not the issue for me.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by ax2themax November 12th 2014, 7:54 pm

I'm ok with the ads-kinda thing, but i don't like the "thruster packs" and infinite sprint, put those things in, its just like every other shooter on the market today, not halo.  Just my 2 cents...
ax2themax
ax2themax

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 12th 2014, 11:41 pm

Let's just wait till december 29th I guess...
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 13th 2014, 1:12 pm

ax2themax wrote:I'm ok with the ads-kinda thing, but i don't like the "thruster packs" and infinite sprint, put those things in, its just like every other shooter on the market today, not halo.  Just my 2 cents...

If I wanted a fast-paced arena shooter...

>I'd play Quake
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 13th 2014, 5:37 pm

I tried that. But it didn't go so well. #linuxproblems
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind November 13th 2014, 5:44 pm

What the FU­CK is this? That, is not Halo..

Stop trolling and show me actual Halo 5 gameplay.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Contingency - Knows Halo better than 343i Empty I don't know...

Post by EpicCrafter1 November 13th 2014, 7:09 pm

Angryboy wrote:Sounds about right. What the hell are 343i doing with Halo? People say they've got a year of Beta to work out what is wanted and what isn't... looks like they completely ignored fans though... A year to open their damn ears.

*shows BR with ADS*
*fans complain*
*show pistol with ADS*

Open. Your damn. Ears.

As you guys may have heard, 343 has released halo 2 anniversary edition. They up'd the graphics by a lot, they have changed the sounds, but they barely even touched the multiplayer gameplay, meaning that they didn't do anything that could ruin the feel of the multiplayer side of the game. Not to mention, i don't think they did much to the singleplayer gameplay either. I think they are listening...well...sort of... Besides, you need to give these guys a bit to get used to things. They are trying to keep the game unique, and it should have been EXTREMELY hard to follow up halo: reach (or more precisely, halo 3). Not that suprised that they didn't do that good of a job...

Last edited by EpicCrafter1 on November 13th 2014, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To correct a point)
EpicCrafter1
EpicCrafter1

Back to top Go down

Post by OverClocked November 13th 2014, 8:17 pm

ax2themax wrote:I'm ok with the ads-kinda thing, but i don't like the "thruster packs" and infinite sprint, put those things in, its just like every other shooter on the market today, not halo.  Just my 2 cents...
Halo has been going down the wrong road since Reach.

I think most of us can agree with that statement.
OverClocked
OverClocked

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 13th 2014, 10:42 pm

Halo 5 has more balance than halo 4 and reach, and that is all that matters.
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 13th 2014, 11:08 pm

Yeah, well, reach was kinda, their last title. Now in the US, when presidents near the end of their second term, they can't get re-elected, so they sometimes try things that aren't popular with the public because after this term it won't matter how much the public wants to re-elect him.

I think that's kinda what bungie was doing with REach. Trying new things to see how well they worked with Halo.

And then 343 was like 'OMG GUIZ WEE CEN HAZ HALOZ EN WII NDD FULLO FUTSTPPS UF BNNGY'
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by OverClocked November 13th 2014, 11:38 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:Halo 5 has more balance than halo 4 and reach, and that is all that matters.
Hopefully that's the case, weapon-wise and ranking-wise. I'll be definitely getting the game though. I think 343 is smart for not developing Halo 3-esque games, that's the reason Halo 4 felt like a breath of fresh air (despite the faults). It's just that 343 doesn't have enough experience as a team, and they've failed on key components of Halo in the last game. I'm sure they'll do great with Halo 5. Failures are steps to success.

Maybe Halo isn't going down the wrong road per say, but just losing its original charm and turning into something else.
OverClocked
OverClocked

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ax2themax November 14th 2014, 12:55 am

RockMetal&Time wrote:Halo 5 has more balance than halo 4 and reach, and that is all that matters.
Ehh, I think that the Halo multiplayer was really fun because each weapon had its own role(especially 3) and that the weapons really influenced the core gameplay and style of the game.
ax2themax
ax2themax

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Angryboy November 14th 2014, 5:31 am

EpicCrafter1 wrote:
Angryboy wrote:Sounds about right. What the hell are 343i doing with Halo? People say they've got a year of Beta to work out what is wanted and what isn't... looks like they completely ignored fans though... A year to open their damn ears.

*shows BR with ADS*
*fans complain*
*show pistol with ADS*

Open. Your damn. Ears.

As you guys may have heard, 343 has released halo 2 anniversary edition. They up'd the graphics by a lot, they have changed the sounds, but they barely even touched the multiplayer gameplay, meaning that they didn't do anything that could ruin the feel of the multiplayer side of the game. Not to mention, i don't think they did much to the singleplayer gameplay either. I think they are listening...well...sort of... Besides, you need to give these guys a bit to get used to things. They are trying to keep the game unique, and it should have been EXTREMELY hard to follow up halo: reach (or more precisely, halo 3). Not that suprised that they didn't do that good of a job...

"keep the game unique" by adding features seen in most other mainstream shooters? Going based on rumours here but seemingly even the control scheme is similar to others (left-trigger for aiming, for example).

And they didn't change anything in the Anniversary multiplayer because they know people would go insane if they did change anything. Its arguably the most popular Halo game out, especially when it comes to multiplayer, so they wouldn't risk it.

They already lost a fair amount of fans from Halo 4... and dragged them back in with the MCC. Honestly I believe that's the only reason they even released MCC, to bring back lost fans from Halo 4 and to sell more XBones (Since that also got itself a bad rep on announcement).

Depending on how Halo 5 goes, I may or may not completely lose faith in the Halo franchise. Fangames like contingency are great, and there is still a pretty decent community in the older games, especially for modding, but the newer games seem to be aimed more at expanding the audience rather than holding onto the core fanbase.
Angryboy
Angryboy

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 14th 2014, 9:58 am

Halo 5 isn't a multiplayer only game...
there's still FORGE and the IMMENSELY HYPED CAMPAIGN!

no seriously multiplayer is not everything
hell they might even bring back Firefight or something similar
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 14th 2014, 12:30 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:Halo 5 isn't a multiplayer only game...
there's still FORGE and the IMMENSELY HYPED CAMPAIGN!

no seriously multiplayer is not everything
hell they might even bring back Firefight or something similar

Multiplayer is what keeps the game going in the long run m8
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 14th 2014, 5:41 pm

@Angryboy Totally see where you are coming from and what your point is. I have already kinda lost faith in the franchise though. I consider Halo 1-3 and Reach canon and 4 is kinda the annoying little cousin nobody likes.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Angryboy November 14th 2014, 5:50 pm

Heatguts wrote:@Angryboy Totally see where you are coming from and what your point is. I have already kinda lost faith in the franchise though. I consider Halo 1-3 and Reach canon and 4 is kinda the annoying little cousin nobody likes.
I wouldn't consider Reach canon since it conflicted with too many other sources and, in itself, made little sense. That said, it was a brilliant story (And a brilliant Halo story if we ignore conflictions).

I honestly think Bungie intended it to be more of a "Thank you" to the fans and a way of saying that we had always been there in the fight (hence Noble 6 being customizable). Just makes more sense to me than trying to force the Noble Team arc into the lore.
Angryboy
Angryboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top