343i never learns

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

343i never learns Empty 343i never learns

Post by HatchetHaro November 17th 2014, 1:24 am

Devs, here's a prime example on what not to do in Project:Contingency.
HatchetHaro
HatchetHaro

Thumbs Up : 19

Back to top Go down

343i never learns Empty Re: 343i never learns

Post by General_101 November 17th 2014, 1:40 am

Please be fake.
Please be fake.
Please be fake.
Please be fake.
Please be fake.
Please be fake.
Please be fake.
Please be fake.
Well if you can't beat em join em
343i never learns I+thought+with+all+the+mountain+dew+and+doritos+geoff+_ea072f161e9906df8cbfbd8e68324ac7
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by D. Emile November 17th 2014, 2:10 am

I don't see the problem. It looks fun.

Halo has to evolve; you can't keep eating the same cookie, otherwise it'd get stale. People keep complaining that 343i doesn't know what they're doing because the games aren't like Halo 2 or 3, but if that's what we got, we'd never be happy; we'd be complaining that Halo never changes and that everything is just recycled over and over.

I welcome these changes. They look fun. Some may need tinkering, but that's what the beta's for. The game doesn't come out in December, it comes out almost a year after that. Plenty of time to make some changes.

These changes are things that are going to have to grow on a lot of people. Play the beta and decide for yourself; it makes a world of difference when you are the player versus watching it on youtube. If you don't like it after one game, play another, then come to a final conclusion.

Between the end of the beta and the launch of H5:G, there's the MCC. After playing it for about a year, I think you'll want something that isn't like the rest.

The intended gameplay model for Contingency is nothing like this (I can attest to this as I am working on it), but if it were, it wouldn't be a bad thing.
D. Emile
D. Emile

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Noob November 17th 2014, 2:16 am

To be honest, the majority of that video is just like previous Halo games. A bunch of guys running around with pistols and assault rifles, that one guy around the corner with the sniper rifle, the grenade spam, and that one guy that runs around meleeing people. The actual changes to the Halo formula are minimal; you still have people bunny hopping, sitting around corners, tossing grenades everywhere, and the hallmark "stand in the open shooting eachother until one of us loses shields".
Master Noob
Master Noob
Developer

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 17th 2014, 5:24 am

D.Emile.
Hit it.
So hard.
On the head.

And if we were to really strip down the changes, to the barebones point, you wouldn't really find anything different.

"ADS": Not ADS. Smartscope. 
Clambering: You need to press a button to clamber, don't press it if you don't want to. 

Master Noob has got it all swagged out. Except he forgot the suicidal assualt rifle'er. The only real problem I have is with the permanent thruster pack. Open engagements like MN described in his last sentence may be changed forever because of this.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by HatchetHaro November 17th 2014, 10:11 am

The "ADS" is ADS. Aim-Down-Sights is exactly what it means - aiming down the weapon's sights. It doesn't matter what the heck you call it and whatever gameplay mechanic you put in to change how ADS works, if you look down a weapon sight, it's ADS. Not that I am entirely against ADS considering that the original BR had a scope and that zooming in might be looking down that scope.
Smart scope is the part where just your visor zooms in (for example, the assault rifle), and I'm fine with that one.
What I hated was the sights. Seriously, stop with changing the sights on the weapons. The BR had that round scope and we were fine with it, and now 343i replaced it with a red dot sight with less zoom and a quirky animation to please the CoD fanboys.
Also, that "Prophet's Bane" sword looks terrible.
I hated sprinting from the start. 343i had the excuse that it was 'unbalanced' before and now they fixed that 'imbalance' by no health regen while sprinting. Except sprinting does not belong in Halo.
Ledge grabs. Seriously? This is now officially Crysis of Duty: Enhanced Sci-fi Enabled. I would prefer just jumping up ledges.
I know that Halo has to evolve, but 343i are seriously taking the wrong path of changing the game. For example, new armor abilities, new gamemodes, new and unique maps, new weapons, all those already change how people play the game while still keeping that 'Halo' feel. Instead, 343i decided to add sprinting, remove playable Elites, and overall start the whole thing on a chain of turn-Halo-into-a-generic-shooter. In the end, there would be pretty much no difference between Halo and the generic shooter if this continues.
The only good thing that 343i has done to H5 is that they're giving us a beta so they could make the excuse that they would change the game according to how the community wants it.
Either way, if I actually buy the game, it would only be for the campaign.
HatchetHaro
HatchetHaro

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free November 17th 2014, 10:36 am

I think i like it ;D
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 17th 2014, 11:15 am

It's not a RDS. It's the same reticle, principle and behviour from the games we loved. If we slapped a blurred out background like this:

Then people wouldn't be complaining would they? The thing is this isn't required. Unlike CoD, you don't ADS your screwed. ADS'ing in H5 also doesn't affect your player stats, like said before. You still move the same speed, jump the same height, have the same accuracy. You still have to press "zoom" to ADS, because it's basically zoom, just looking more prettier.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by HatchetHaro November 17th 2014, 11:20 am

Jaing wrote:It's not a RDS. It's the same reticle, principle and behviour from the games we loved. If we slapped a blurred out background like this:

Then people wouldn't be complaining would they? The thing is this isn't required. Unlike CoD, you don't ADS your screwed. ADS'ing in H5 also doesn't affect your player stats, like said before. You still move the same speed, jump the same height, have the same accuracy. You still have to press "zoom" to ADS, because it's basically zoom, just looking more prettier.

ADS means 'Aim-Down-Sights'. Like I said, it doesn't matter if they don't change their movement speed or accuracy, it's still aiming down the sights, and many people don't like that.

Also, they had to change the sights on the BR to do that. The original scope looked way better. If they decide to implement it, please use the original scope and just add in the scoping animation.
Also, the pistol doesn't need sights. It never had one in the beginning. Smart scope (zooming in with the visor) would be a better choice for that.
HatchetHaro
HatchetHaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 17th 2014, 11:48 am

To keep an arena shooter fresh you don't change the core emchanics of the game lmao.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Noob November 17th 2014, 12:01 pm

Neesy wrote:To keep an arena shooter fresh you don't change the core emchanics of the game lmao.

That makes no sense at all, especially when these are the core mechanics:

Jump
Shoot
Master Noob
Master Noob
Developer

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan 117 November 17th 2014, 12:51 pm

I like everything 343Industries do for Halo.Remember first Halo game.What was the name?Anyway Halo is endlessly evolving.I don't see anything wrong with Halo 5 Beta Multiplayer,since it's still in beta phase.They're doing job pretty well.And I can for sure call myself A Halo fan.People will always complain about Halo like ''I don't like this,I don't like that.''
If you don't like it then don't play it.Enough said.
Spartan 117
Spartan 117

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 November 17th 2014, 1:30 pm

Long story short: This might be the first Halo game I rent instead of buy.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 17th 2014, 6:58 pm

Argh.
Does this help:
Spoiler:
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 17th 2014, 7:06 pm

Master Noob wrote:To be honest, the majority of that video is just like previous Halo games. A bunch of guys running around with pistols and assault rifles, that one guy around the corner with the sniper rifle, the grenade spam, and that one guy that runs around meleeing people. The actual changes to the Halo formula are minimal; you still have people bunny hopping, sitting around corners, tossing grenades everywhere, and the hallmark "stand in the open shooting eachother until one of us loses shields".

that is 100% correct dear sir...

also Core Halo mechanics
Floaty jumps
Shields
accurate hip fire
meleee shoot melee
fleeing a fight then coming back
even if you get hit first you can still win the fight
Even sides no loadouts
Arena shooter/Big vehicle mayhem

All this shit Halo 5 still maintains just saying...

Last edited by RockMetal&Time on November 17th 2014, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 November 17th 2014, 7:06 pm

D. Emile wrote:I don't see the problem. It looks fun.

Halo has to evolve; you can't keep eating the same cookie, otherwise it'd get stale. People keep complaining that 343i doesn't know what they're doing because the games aren't like Halo 2 or 3, but if that's what we got, we'd never be happy; we'd be complaining that Halo never changes and that everything is just recycled over and over.

I welcome these changes. They look fun. Some may need tinkering, but that's what the beta's for. The game doesn't come out in December, it comes out almost a year after that. Plenty of time to make some changes.

These changes are things that are going to have to grow on a lot of people. Play the beta and decide for yourself; it makes a world of difference when you are the player versus watching it on youtube. If you don't like it after one game, play another, then come to a final conclusion.

Between the end of the beta and the launch of H5:G, there's the MCC. After playing it for about a year, I think you'll want something that isn't like the rest.

The intended gameplay model for Contingency is nothing like this (I can attest to this as I am working on it), but if it were, it wouldn't be a bad thing.
That's entirely subjective but I'll bite. Evolving sure worked out for Doom 3, eh? Castlevania: Lord of Shadows with its QTE ridden gameplay really added to the flavor. That's why it is still talked about whenever someone brings up Castlevania. Halo 4 did so well and that is why even now it has a higher population than Halo 3. [/s] This isn't halo but some reanimated corpse with a bunch of attachments to make it look more shiny along with a Halo logo slapped on. You don't need to change the pace and style of the game to "evolve". Oh, and it is an ADS mechanic even if it doesn't help you in some way.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 17th 2014, 7:19 pm

BUT remember those games changed entirely from the ground up unlike Halo 5 which still maintains some core mechanics still let's just wait until I play the Beta and see if 343 either broke halo or evolved it in a good way who knows nobody here has played it
it's like food you can't say it's nasty until you taste it I guess
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Red62 November 17th 2014, 7:22 pm

ADS the assault rifle?! What is this wizardry? Is it my birthday already?!
Scoping is one thing, but if you want to complain about adding features in fear of changing the gameplay, here's a key phrase: "You don't have to use the scope if you don't want to". In all respects, I like what I saw: feels more immersive that way.

One thing I know I'll hear is that it'll start looking like every other shooter out there, but the big thing I find is that Halo only has 3 sets of weapons: UNSC, Covy's, and Promethean's: unlike most other modern FPS games who have over 10 guns that do the exact same thing but level-ground to up the power. This aspect is something that keeps Halo different- every weapon has its uses and limitations to balance everything out.
Red62
Red62

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 November 17th 2014, 7:36 pm

Red62 wrote:ADS the assault rifle?! What is this wizardry? Is it my birthday already?!
Scoping is one thing, but if you want to complain about adding features in fear of changing the gameplay, here's a key phrase: "You don't have to use the scope if you don't want to". In all respects, I like what I saw: feels more immersive that way.

One thing I know I'll hear is that it'll start looking like every other shooter out there, but the big thing I find is that Halo only has 3 sets of weapons: UNSC, Covy's, and Promethean's: unlike most other modern FPS games who have over 10 guns that do the exact same thing but level-ground to up the power. This aspect is something that keeps Halo different- every weapon has its uses and limitations to balance everything out.
That has got to be the dumbest excuse to have this in the game yet. You do know that if you don't use this in a multiplayer match you will leave yourself at a disadvantage, right? That would be like not using grenades in COD or not using the always run option in Doom 2 because the original didn't allow you to do that. Just because it doesn't negatively impact you doesn't mean it doesn't have any positives and if you don't use it for said positives then you do get affected negatively ironically.
P.S. Why the hell is the background on the reply grey and the letters a slightly litter grey. It is very difficult to see.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 17th 2014, 7:38 pm

General_101 wrote:
Red62 wrote:ADS the assault rifle?! What is this wizardry? Is it my birthday already?!

That has got to be the dumbest excuse to have this in the game yet. You do know that if you don't use this in a multiplayer match you will leave yourself at a disadvantage, right? That would be like not using grenades in COD or not using the always run option in Doom 2 because the original didn't allow you to do that. Just because it doesn't negatively impact you doesn't mean it doesn't have any positives and if you don't use it for said positives then you do get affected negatively ironically.
P.S. Why the hell is the background on the reply grey and the letters a slightly litter grey. It is very difficult to see.

There is no fucking problem with smart scope since if you get shot you get descoped just like in halo 3 and yes smart scope is Beneficial especially in long rance scenarios :P
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Red62 November 17th 2014, 7:50 pm

I'm also running from airsoft and other gaming experience: just because I have a flashlight on my gun, doesn't mean I need to use it: I just point and shoot. Sure flashlight would blind opponent, center of illumination is the hotzone, but I don't really bother too much with that, mustly just use it for looks.
Red62
Red62

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 November 17th 2014, 7:56 pm

Red62 wrote:I'm also running from airsoft and other gaming experience: just because I have a flashlight on my gun, doesn't mean I need to use it: I just point and shoot. Sure flashlight would blind opponent, center of illumination is the hotzone, but I don't really bother too much with that, mustly just use it for looks.
You can decide to exclude options from your gameplay. At the end of the day though if you want to be the best you need to include everything in your arsenal. ADS will very well become part of the game for many players. Your airsoft game or other gaming experience does not invalidate that. You would be foolish to believe people can be just as good as people who use all the available game mechanics to their full potential.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 17th 2014, 8:29 pm

If you zoom out when hit when using ADS, then I have a quest chin.

Will there be a hold-to-ads control scheme?
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by greenh2 November 17th 2014, 11:57 pm

Oh boy, H5 made it here, hoping it would kinda fly past us... Anyways, since this is a controversy in the Halo Community, I always wanted to express my feelings about this, since I usually get left out of this stuff... You know what, screw it I'll just go down to business.

In the footage of H5 Beta I have to agree that I was very ticked (are we allowed to curse? I forgot), it was too much like other modern day games. It made me more ticked off when I saw many people actually supporting this, since it looked like it was going down the same pathway like H4 did. I was like: Why are they supporting this!?!?! After a lot of thinking, I actually came to the right question: Why are they supporting this? Then I did some research.

Apparently it's like a modern day version of our past Halo games. The ADS is actually a Smart Scope. That may sound the same, but they are very different. ADS (Don't know the official stuff, so I'll wing it) slows you down and makes the weapon more accurate than without aiming. Smart Scope is just zooming in with the same characteristic as not zooming, so you don't really need to aim down if you don't want to. To add to that, you can get descoped like the past Halo games (except H4). The Slide, Clambering, Sprinting, and Thrusting is just there to make the game more intense. But, even though it sounds like I'm supporting this, just keep on reading.

The problem with all of this is... actually all of that. Sure, it may evolve into a great game and maybe even be really fun, but is it actually Halo. Halo is supposed to be a slow paced tactical shooter, where you communicate with your teammates and coordinate competitively. Sure, we had ADS in the past, but it being linked to the visor than the sights made it more unique. Halo is supposed to be unique, it's supposed to stand out from the other games out there. Video games now days are just about shooting each other, buying DLC, and having better graphics and resolution (I'm kinda aiming at games instead now, but bare with me). Don't you all remember the times when you sat next to your friend on the couch, trying to ram each other with banshees in H2? Do you all remember running from the Flood in your spare time in H1? Can we all now even experience making a poorly made map like in H3, and nobody caring because it was still fun? We had all of that from 1-3. It started to die down a bit in Reach, but we still had it. Then you start to notice it when H4 was beginning to be similar with other FPSs....

I have to agree, Halo needs to evolve. But, is it taking the right path? We aren't sure, since we can't play it yet till December. For me, I'm just on the sidelines, waiting for the future to guide me to see what will happen. I hope you can respect my opinion on this situation, since I usually don't express them.
greenh2
greenh2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenkins November 18th 2014, 12:11 am

Master Noob wrote:
Neesy wrote:To keep an arena shooter fresh you don't change the core emchanics of the game lmao.

That makes no sense at all, especially when these are the core mechanics:

Jump
Shoot

Exactly. Even OG games like Megaman (which have been remade and added new mechanics) have kept the same style notoriously throughout the games. Jump and Shoot man has and always will be Jump and Shoot man. Skip to 6:20 in the video.

P.S. Watch the whole video anyways if you want or haven't already, it's really enjoyable.

Last edited by Jenkins on November 18th 2014, 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Jenkins
Jenkins

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top