343i never learns

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

343i never learns - Page 2 Empty Re: 343i never learns

Post by Heatguts November 18th 2014, 12:21 am

No, never got to play H2 mp, no, who runs from the flood when you have an ar/shotgun combo, and no because nobody will play Halo 3 with me.

We can be sure. The answer is no.

On a more serious note, I agree. The problem is, in order for a game to evolve, you have to change the mechanics enough that it is a different experience, and we see pretty much every change in a negative light because it isn't how we've been playing for the past, what, 12 years for some of us? It may need to evolve, but it never will, because evolution will change the game into something we don't like. You can't really evolve the Halo formula, you can only add things to it (like skulls, firefight, the scarab gun) that are optional and increase the core experience. 343 is trying to do that, but in the process they are changing the core.

If you have a way to evolve halo without making traditional fans as a whole pissed off, you, sir, belong on the contingency team.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 November 18th 2014, 2:35 pm

Heatguts wrote:
If you have a way to evolve halo without making traditional fans as a whole pissed off, you, sir, belong on the contingency team.

I always thought a zero-gravity gametype would work well in Halo. Ever since thruster packs were introduced in H4, I've wanted to try this, but there are no options in customs for absolute zero gravity, only extremely low gravity. The only change to the gameplay would be a default thruster pack for everyone, and it would only be for that specific gametype. Thruster would be purely for maneuvering through zero-G, so it's not like you'd be thrusting around in areas with gravity like you were in H4. Your momentum in a zero-G environment would also carry you pretty far when you thrust, so it's not like people will be constantly spamming it, since it's basically your only way of slowing down, stopping, and changing direction.

Another idea I've thought about was large space battles with Longswords and Seraphs. Players can board the other team's capital ship by landing in the hangar and then fight on foot. Kinda like Reach's Long Night of Solace level, but a little bigger. Infantry combat would be virtually the same, but vehicle combat would change into an all out space dogfight.

Just a few ideas that change the gameplay without altering base player traits too significantly
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashtag John117 November 18th 2014, 3:36 pm

TBH I love the changes. It looks fresh and new. I mean it keeps the core halo principle of everyone having what everyone else has. None of this Loadout crap and its been confirmed they lowered auto aim so its gonna be alot harder to land headshots and use the Smart scope. Just an FYI on aim assist. Can't wait for the beta!! :D
Hashtag John117
Hashtag John117

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 18th 2014, 6:42 pm

The mechanics of zoom and ADS haven't changed. The only difference is now when you zoom, instead of a slight delay there's a quick animation, and you still get the same reticle, player stats, and zoom. The only difference is you have more situational awareness.

Argh...
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by greenh2 November 18th 2014, 9:37 pm

Heatguts wrote:If you have a way to evolve halo without making traditional fans as a whole pissed off, you, sir, belong on the contingency team.

Well, I do have a few ideas, but I'm not sure if they would work since I'm still learning map balancing and stuff. But, I'll just put them out here anyways :):

For now, I'll just explain some stuff what we already had but should make it better. One thing that I would bring back is the Armor Abilities. BUT WAIT, you all may be thinking "Wtf, didn't you say H4 went down the wrong path with that stuff!?!". The problem with them was that everybody spawned at the start of the match with them, and how they were used. To me, AAs should be put down and used like the power weapons for the player. I'll make a small list of what AAs should be made:

Sprint:

Dodge:

Lift Boost:

There are probably a few more that I could make, but I don't want to take up the full page. I do want to someday have my own little Indie game group, but then that'll have to wait since I don't know coding yet XD. This is just the scrape of the surface of what it should be. If you like these, just tell me if you want a bit more and I'll probably make a thread :D
greenh2
greenh2

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 18th 2014, 11:57 pm

once again unlike Halo 4 YOU DONT CHOOSE THE abilities instead every single spartan has all of them at the start since they are part of the game now! it's balanced it's like basically spawning everybody with the same loadout more or less

"Oh so the enemy is going to escape down the hallway with the thruster pack?" Well you can too you have a fricking thrust just like him!" "oh that guy is sprinting like a maniac? well somebody's going to get him his shields aren't charging! "oh shit that guy is about to ground pound well hes floating in the air for a brief time enough for you to notice him so damage him and or escape the situation with the thruster pack... " oh shit that spartan is coming at me with a full sprint charge! well then evade it with the fucking thruster pack.

get the picture? everyone spawns with these abilities it's just another layer of mastering stuff like evading ground pounds Charges, slides.etc

it's not like 4 where one person had jetpack while the other had thruster while the other had promethean vision nooo sir!

you still have your fucking bunny hops, tactically spamming grenades.etc
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 19th 2014, 3:19 am

So basically it's a clusterfuck from the start?...

>That textbook juxtaposition tho...
Remember when the one rule of Halo was don't chase down the enemy?
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 19th 2014, 8:19 pm

No.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 19th 2014, 8:38 pm

I think in all games you shouldn't chase enemies. I only chase them when I have shields and they don't.

Logically and tactically it's both stupid.

I always turn around and wait for my pursuer, and they never expect it because like most players, they don't check the darn radar.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan 117 November 20th 2014, 2:25 pm

Jaing wrote:I think in all games you shouldn't chase enemies. I only chase them when I have shields and they don't.

Logically and tactically it's both stupid.

I always turn around and wait for my pursuer, and they never expect it because like most players, they don't check the darn radar.

Yeh,checking damn radar needs to be rule No.1 but lol,lot of smarta**es don't watch them.
Spartan 117
Spartan 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 20th 2014, 4:59 pm

The first time I played Halo, I kept thinking it was a minimap because of the circles, so I'd stop to look at it and it would be blank. So I just quit paying attention to it altogether.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan 117 November 20th 2014, 5:47 pm

Heatguts wrote:The first time I played Halo, I kept thinking it was a minimap because of the circles, so I'd stop to look at it and it would be blank. So I just quit paying attention to it altogether.

Hahaha me too,but soon I learnt it so fast to know exactly where any enemy walks.
Spartan 117
Spartan 117

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 20th 2014, 7:10 pm

Neesy wrote:So basically it's a clusterfuck from the start?...

too complex for you grandpa! xD
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 November 20th 2014, 9:23 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:

It's not that it's complex though. It is changes for the sake of changes but that's subjective.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 20th 2014, 10:17 pm

I don't see it as changes for the sake of changes. I see it as changes for the sake of gameplay. Whether we like to admit it or not, Halo is getting old. I know all ye ol-timers are reminiscing of the good 'ol H3 days, but the problem is it doesn't appeal anymore to the newer players. Tell me, who is the oldest person you know who plays XBOX? 

I know I know, 343 is aiming at that arena gameplay in the end however, so my opinion is just opinion, not fact.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 November 21st 2014, 1:35 am

Jaing wrote:I don't see it as changes for the sake of changes. I see it as changes for the sake of gameplay. Whether we like to admit it or not, Halo is getting old. I know all ye ol-timers are reminiscing of the good 'ol H3 days, but the problem is it doesn't appeal anymore to the newer players. Tell me, who is the oldest person you know who plays XBOX? 

I know I know, 343 is aiming at that arena gameplay in the end however, so my opinion is just opinion, not fact.
Personally I actually don't know anyone who uses Xbox. It's either PC gaming or PS4/WiiU down here in Texas. The youngest I have seen in 20 or below though. Since this is obviously just everyone spouting opinions lets do this. We wait for the numbers and see how many people actually find the new features enjoyable. If it turns out to be a success you guys can call me a Halo: CE scrub till I respawn in the next life.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 21st 2014, 1:11 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:

If anything, it waters down the gameplay... rather than complicating it xDxDxDdXxXXD

>Problem with Halo is that it's an Aerna shooter which is designed and only attracts a certain audience(s?).
All you have to do is keep competitive the same and introduce fun and fresh social gametypes.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top