Halo CE MA5B

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo CE MA5B Empty Halo CE MA5B

Post by zobi3king November 2nd 2014, 11:53 pm

I was aiming to bring the  original Halo CE Assault Rifle to HD with minimal design changes. I tried my best to preserve the original style of the Assault Rifle that I felt was lacking in the following games with it.
https://i.imgur.com/bzeJKJJ.png
zobi3king
zobi3king

Thumbs Up : 5

Back to top Go down

Halo CE MA5B Empty Re: Halo CE MA5B

Post by General_101 November 3rd 2014, 1:02 am

Doesn't look bad at all! Say, you wouldn't happen to be working on I01? If you are it's nice to see they have a capable modeler. I don't know anything about modeling though so take my praise however you want.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper November 3rd 2014, 3:27 am

Oh hey its Zobi3king, I was wondering if you'd show your face around here.

Your assault rifle looks a bit too blocky around the handle and cheek rest, as well as a bit on the ammo counter's cowling. I would suggest smoothing them out a bit (only reason they're blocky in H1 is because of the polygon limits).

slightly more related, the entire front of the gun seems too big vertically, try scaling down a bit.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by zobi3king November 3rd 2014, 10:17 pm

Thanks General, I'm not fully working for I01 anymore, but I will be donating this and some future assets I make to them.

Also thanks for the advice R93. I chose to make the cheek rest a bit blocky more as a style choice, but I do see where you are coming from on it. I intentionally tried to keep some of the blockiness of the low poly HCE assets as I felt it created it's own sense of style due to limitations on poly count. As far as proportions go, it is all mostly to scale with the classic model (main changes being the pistol grip). Also I will eventually get to making a V2 of the model that will incorporate a lot of the changes and fixes I didn't get around to on this model, I'll probably start on it sometime early next year (I have a few things to do before I go back to this model).
zobi3king
zobi3king

Back to top Go down

Post by General Vetu Vadame February 16th 2015, 8:48 am

zobi3king wrote:Thanks General, I'm not fully working for I01 anymore, but I will be donating this and some future assets I make to them.

Also thanks for the advice R93. I chose to make the cheek rest a bit blocky more as a style choice, but I do see where you are coming from on it. I intentionally tried to keep some of the blockiness of the low poly HCE assets as I felt it created it's own sense of style due to limitations on poly count. As far as proportions go, it is all mostly to scale with the classic model (main changes being the pistol grip). Also I will eventually get to making a V2 of the model that will incorporate a lot of the changes and fixes I didn't get around to on this model, I'll probably start on it sometime early next year (I have a few things to do before I go back to this model).

Beautiful work! I am stunned! I'd shake you're hand personally if I could. Good job mate.
General Vetu Vadame
General Vetu Vadame

Thumbs Up : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory February 18th 2015, 4:39 am

I hate to be a bit critical but the ammunition is a bit disproportionate. The individual rounds are too thin and the gun uses quad stack magazines rather than dual. I'd say fatten up the ol' girl a bit.
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper February 18th 2015, 7:08 pm

sidenote I don't think he visits this forum anymore
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by CPSNAP February 22nd 2015, 1:38 am

Blender?
CPSNAP
CPSNAP

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by ax2themax February 22nd 2015, 12:54 pm

I like it, looks great comrade
ax2themax
ax2themax

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by zobi3king February 22nd 2015, 6:42 pm

Sorry I've been gone but I use Blender, I am aware of the bullet size and plan to completely redo this model from scratch when I find time, and thanks for the crit/compliments. I haven't been around the forums recently as I've been a bit busy with other things (school, life stuff, etc.). I've been keeping up every once and a while but not signed in. I'll try to post more stuff sometime soon.
zobi3king
zobi3king

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top