Do you guys play PlanetSide 2?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you guys play PlanetSide 2? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you guys play PlanetSide 2?

Post by RCSRex November 4th 2014, 3:02 pm

Dat necrothread.
RCSRex
RCSRex

Thumbs Up : 11

Back to top Go down

Do you guys play PlanetSide 2? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you guys play PlanetSide 2?

Post by Neesy November 7th 2014, 7:13 pm

Planetside is great, it's so balanced. A game where it's equally fun, as well as, rewarding to take out 5 mins to strategically find a spot in a mountain to snipe the enemy force (remember to bring marshmellows and a campfire) to help your team and, on the flipside, support your team in close-range engagements with the medic whilst healing and reviving your team is great. Planetside 2 rewards your involvement and contribution rather than your play time as, at the end of the day, it's a group effort.

The only qualm I have with it is that, vehicle support can turn the tide of an engagement too quickly, and I feel the moments where it's an actual tug-of-war struggle to take an enemy location is few and far between; either it's a defending landslide or an attacking landslide.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by HatchetHaro November 10th 2014, 12:38 am

I play Planetside 2 a lot, even on my old computer which has an i3 processor and Intel HD Graphics. If you can handle and tolerate a max framerate of 25-30 fps and frequent framerate dips to 5 fps, then you can play it on a crappy computer.
In fact, I'm sure most of your framerate issues are CPU bottlenecked. I've got a new laptop with an i5-4210U processor and Nvidia GeForce GT 840M, and I can crank most of my settings up to ultra and some taxing settings down to low or medium, and it still looks fantastic and can play at 60 fps in low-populated areas. However, in large battles, it suffers frequent dips to 20 fps, as well as huge lag spikes. The CPU is always the culprit.
So my conclusion is that if you want to play this game properly and without that much framerate drop, you'll need a PC with a great CPU and pretty much any graphics card (other than Intel HD Graphics and anything below that. Those things suck). Note that if you're not using a good graphics card, chances are that you would need to go into your useroptions.ini and manually tweak the settings yourself. You can find guides online.
PS. If you start playing the game and are not playing as an NC soldier, I suggest you be careful of NC MAX crashes. NC MAXes are bloody OP, and their MAX crashes are overwhelming.
PPS. TR 4 lyfe.
HatchetHaro
HatchetHaro

Thumbs Up : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by XFXRadeon February 28th 2015, 6:04 pm

PlanetSide 2 is fun but the only thing about it is that it's super repetitive and there really is nothing more to it than to just jump in and start fighting.  No real story to it either. Though it's been a few years since I played it, it could have changed by now.

Edit: I have re-opened this thread, due to no reasoning to this that was closed. Watch your comments on here as they will get removed or you may get banned.

Thank you.
XFXRadeon

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 2nd 2015, 3:10 pm

master noob, you are awesome ;D

and i play planetside 2 and i love it :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir May 17th 2016, 6:50 am

Did Planetside 2 just get FORGE in this new update?! Can't screenshot it now. Open steam and see for yourself in the News.
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 17th 2016, 7:53 am

Abdul Fatir wrote:Did Planetside 2 just get FORGE in this new update?! Can't screenshot it now. Open steam and see for yourself in the News.

Forge where you have to mine and empty your wallet for your budget though
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 18th 2016, 6:34 am

sounds cool none-the-less
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing May 18th 2016, 8:06 am

Unpractical however
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ May 18th 2016, 11:01 pm

I do play Planetside. More so last year but I'm probably gonna get into it again once summer break rolls out in two weeks.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 19th 2016, 1:34 am

TheAandZ wrote:I do play Planetside. More so last year but I'm probably gonna get into it again once summer break rolls out in two weeks.

Still like 8 weeks for me ;(
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 19th 2016, 10:51 am

TheAandZ wrote:I do play Planetside. More so last year but I'm probably gonna get into it again once summer break rolls out in two weeks.

The most unbalanced p2w shit I swear... but can be so much fun with friends.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir May 19th 2016, 11:49 am

lolslayer wrote:

Still like 8 weeks for me ;(
5 weeks for me :(
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top