Do you guys play PlanetSide 2?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you guys play PlanetSide 2? Empty Do you guys play PlanetSide 2?

Post by RCSRex August 16th 2014, 2:20 am

Because if you don't, you're missing out on the fun, like this.

EDIT: I a word (and work'd)

Last edited by RCSRex on August 16th 2014, 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
RCSRex
RCSRex

Thumbs Up : 11

Back to top Go down

Do you guys play PlanetSide 2? Empty Re: Do you guys play PlanetSide 2?

Post by mmorpg4free August 16th 2014, 7:41 am

I planetsided 2 for 1 hour then left cuz i got killed by some snipers that had some snipers that cost 50$ and had full stealth upgrade almost didnt leave stealth and i was a shitty sniper with starting snipe that is only headshot kill and some 10 seconds stealth WOW :)
NOT PAY2WIN AT ALL :)
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 16th 2014, 9:47 am

1. It's to big.
2. At lowest settings, I get around 3 fps.
3. What mmorpg4free said.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex August 16th 2014, 3:00 pm

Yeah, it isn't P2W. So far, I've invested around....... $0.00 and I'm kicking *** as of late (I was the worst when I started playing). Plus playing with your friends will change your experience completely. What's wrong with 100 people battles?
RCSRex
RCSRex

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 16th 2014, 5:58 pm

An internet connection that can't support 100 people battles and a computer that can't support 100 moving players.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 16th 2014, 10:44 pm

I was going to say something about P2W yesterday, but somehow I forgot to do it so someone already did it. But I'm going to say it anyways.

1) It's a massive initial download with equally big updates every week.
2) It runs at 10 FPS on my Laptop.
3) It's a matter of who pays and who doesn't.
4) Certs take forever to acquire. 
5) The maps are too big and are half empty most of the time.
6) The air vehicles are insanely hard to fly.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Noob August 17th 2014, 2:49 am

Jaing wrote:
1) It's a massive initial download with equally big updates every week.

If you update regularly they come in small packages that rarely exceed a megabyte.

Jaing wrote:
2) It runs at 10 FPS on my Laptop.

The game can't buy you a new computer.

Jaing wrote:
3) It's a matter of who pays and who doesn't.

Most of the stock weapons have better DPS/accuracy than the ones you can get on the market.

Jaing wrote:
4) Certs take forever to acquire. 

If you're not playing the game.

Jaing wrote:
5) The maps are too big and are half empty most of the time.

Try using your map to deploy to battlezones rather than sprinting across an entire continent.

Jaing wrote:
6) The air vehicles are insanely hard to fly.

Then don't fly em. Once you get the basic movements down they are incredibly easy to use.
Master Noob
Master Noob
Developer

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 17th 2014, 2:52 am

I have a very decent PC playing the game at max with around 90FPS and when going into battles drops to like 50 but its acceptable :d
Certs are really hard to acquire just like jaing said
And how can you play with your friends when their computers arent as cool as yours and they run the game with 1-5 fps :D
And the worst part is that you must get the other points for vehicles or to be the cool mech guy :3

mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex August 17th 2014, 3:13 am

mmorpg4free wrote:I have a very decent PC playing the game at max with around 90FPS and when going into battles drops to like 50 but its acceptable :d
Certs are really hard to acquire just like jaing said
And how can you play with your friends when their computers arent as cool as yours and they run the game with 1-5 fps :D
And the worst part is that you must get the other points for vehicles or to be the cool mech guy :3

Me and [redacted] have almost the same exact performance rankings.
RCSRex
RCSRex

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 17th 2014, 6:42 am

lol..

If you want to deploy then you need to suicide.. And that doesn't bode well with your k/d. 

Vehicles are the only way to get across the map. They are hard to use, even for a practiced player.

I played the game for hours on end and still received a minuscule amount of certs at the end of the day. 

Computer stats agreed with, and update size idk for sure because I don't play nowadays, but in the end those are the reasons I gave to whether or not I play Planetside.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 17th 2014, 2:08 pm

Ima get the PS4 version
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 17th 2014, 3:00 pm

Burn it with fire :D
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Noob August 17th 2014, 3:50 pm

Jaing wrote:
If you want to deploy then you need to suicide.. And that doesn't bode well with your k/d. 

Using the redeploy option does not add to your death count.

Jaing wrote:
Vehicles are the only way to get across the map.

Not true at all.

Jaing wrote:They are hard to use, even for a practiced player.

They use basic controls that are used across many games, and even have a stabilizer to prevent unintentional flipping. Even with handholding, you think they're hard?

Jaing wrote:
I played the game for hours on end and still received a minuscule amount of certs at the end of the day. 

Then you really aren't doing anything. Everything gives you certs, from helping your teammates, being near a battle, capturing a point, defending a point, spotting enemies, being near a captured base, capturing a base, using a transport to help people, the list goes on and on. If you aren't getting many certs, then you need to get out of the run&gun mindset and think like a team player. The game gives you many tools, so try using more than W+M1.

Jaing wrote:
Computer stats agreed with, and update size idk for sure because I don't play nowadays, but in the end those are the reasons I gave to whether or not I play Planetside.

Same reasons would apply to many games nowadays.
Master Noob
Master Noob
Developer

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin August 17th 2014, 5:11 pm

I've never heard of any criticism of the gameplay of TLOU. Both single player and multiplayer are pristine I hear.

What criticism is there for it anyways?
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex August 17th 2014, 8:10 pm

Hey Master Noob, what faction do you play?
RCSRex
RCSRex

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 17th 2014, 10:55 pm

So that means all this time when someone blows up my jet I could have just re-deployed without affecting my k/d? All those wasted hours.. plodding through the map hoping someone on your team will come by you..

As for certs, I can't tell for sure, because I played when it first came out (And run into Seananners :D ) and maybe they've updated it and such. But I still stand my ground on how hard certs were to get, but maybe should re-phrase it into this: "Unlocking things with certs are hard."

Last edited by Jaing on November 3rd 2014, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by camycamera August 18th 2014, 12:34 am

okay, i posted on a big rant on this thread that debunked all of the ignorance i saw from some of you guys here, but for some god damn reason it didn't go through, i must have closed the tab too early.

Master Noob and Rex are the only ones who actually know about the games, as it seems they have actually played it extensively (like me) and actually know what they are talking about.

anyway, so i am going to say this:
I have put nearly 800 hours into this game, and i can tell you right now that this game is NOT P2W. it is one of the most fairest F2P models and apart of the better F2P games, and it gives a lot of similar AAA games a run for their money, such as Battlefield; i have gotten tonnes more fun out of PS2 for free than i ever could have out of BF4 for 100+ dollars (main game plus premium if you want the full experience.... GG EA), and in fact PS2 is my most played game on record ever. of all time. i think the only game that comes close to that would be Halo 2, but i have no clue how many times i have replayed the campaign in that, and the shenanigans of split screen multiplayer or co-op.

anyway, the game's F2P model has hardly any P2W in it at all, and that is simply evidenced by the fact that YOU CAN'T BUY GUNS WITH JUST MONEY, you can buy every gun in the game with certs, the only ones you can't buy are purely cosmetic or gained by actually playing the game (such as the special weapons you get from earning directive points). personally i have bought loads of weapons with just certs, and a BR1 with default weapons can kill a BR100 (provided they know what they are doing), as the game is very well balanced, with weapons in the same class being "sidegrades".

and speaking of certs, there is the common misconception that it takes ages to get them, which is simply not true; not true any more. sure, at launch it used to take a long time to get certs, but they have seriously ramped up the speed of certs since then, to the point where i get 100 certs per hour easily. you gain one cert per 250xp, it's really not that hard. if you are complaining that you are not getting any certs by sitting around doing nothing, then you are doing it wrong. and also, the game is EXTREMELY friendly to F2Pers, they constantly hand out ribbons, badges, XP rewards etc through normal play. currently i have about 6000 certs.

and the two arguments "my laptop can't run it, thus it sucks" and "there are too many updates which take too many GBs" are invalid. first off, considering how technically advanced PS2 is, not shit your shitty laptop can't run it. and regarding the second argument, i live in Australia, where i have bad internet. and the updates are not bad at all, and they are small MB updates, and it isn't bad at all....

all in all, i play this game for fun, not for certs, it is not "grindy" for me. i hardly have bought things with certs, and i have mostly bought cosmetics and a few weapons with real money when they were on sale. the game is even better with friends, but i like to play by myself at times. it is an excellent MP FPS, it is the best MMOFPS out there, and it is my go-to MPFPS so far.
camycamera
camycamera

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 August 18th 2014, 1:09 am

Huh.....I think I might go give it a spin now.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 18th 2014, 3:17 am

lel I acknowledged the laptop points but Title Update happen ever so often when the game first came out. Like I said, I played this game when it first came out so I wouldn't know now. But certs did take forever to get originally so that's where my points come from.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 18th 2014, 5:28 am

Hey why not
<_<
>_>
Make PlanetSide 3?
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex August 18th 2014, 6:25 am

mmorpg4free wrote:Hey why not
<_<
>_>
Make PlanetSide 3?

No.
RCSRex
RCSRex

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 18th 2014, 9:47 am

I played the game at launch once. The download size was around 4-7 gbs if I remember correctly. Then I couldn't run it and I quit. One or two months later, I decided to give it another chance. So I start it up and what do I see? Downloading updates (11.7 gbs). Never again.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by ExerFlame November 3rd 2014, 8:19 pm

PlanetSide 2 is similar to Halo but it has sprint and the quality is like...um to me worse than Halo CE on the PC. Idk why i am not saying that cuz I am a hardcore Halo fan its because i prefer something less complicated like Halo CE respawn and fight, no time to choose loadouts but! Loadouts are important now too cuz people just love mid-range weapons like the BR/DMR (just naming the popular ones)
ExerFlame
ExerFlame

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 3rd 2014, 8:52 pm

Spawning with a weapon you can use means you don't have to go through the trouble to get it, meaning you are set back less by death, making death less of an obstacle, meaning living isn't really the primary objective, meaning people place less value on their life.

Not how fpss are supposed to play.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 3rd 2014, 8:53 pm

WHHHHHHHHHY 
AR NINETY THREE

PLEASE HELP ME 

PUT IN A WORD PLEASE FOR ME BUDDY AND I'LL SWEAR I'LL BE YOUR LOYAL BODYGUARD IN MP

In all seriousness though, Halo CE was probably the most balanced you could get. 
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top