Dedicated Halo 5 Thread

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Dedicated Halo 5 Thread

Post by Heatguts April 15th 2016, 11:28 pm

Well I personally think the req system works well in warzone firefight. It was annoying in reach that if you wanted certain weapons you had to put them in a loadout and if you were part of the way through the game and wanted a specific weapon you were out of luck until you died. Step 1 was always spawn as operator, pistol some grunts until I die, then go recon and drop the pistol for the shotgun. Nice to cut out the middle man.

And honestly I don't have too many unlocks but I'd kill for a br with a scope. I managed to get an ar with a scope... a freakin dmr scope. WTF 343.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen April 15th 2016, 11:51 pm

So the scorpion looks like a scorpion in the tabletop game but not in 5.
-_-
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time April 15th 2016, 11:56 pm

Heatguts wrote:Well I personally think the req system works well in warzone firefight. It was annoying in reach that if you wanted certain weapons you had to put them in a loadout and if you were part of the way through the game and wanted a specific weapon you were out of luck until you died. Step 1 was always spawn as operator, pistol some grunts until I die, then go recon and drop the pistol for the shotgun. Nice to cut out the middle man.

And honestly I don't have too many unlocks but I'd kill for a br with a scope. I managed to get an ar with a scope... a freakin dmr scope. WTF 343.

Of course we could always pull out the "I'ts just a BETA card!" the point of it is to gain feedback, take out what doesn't works keep what works! and add more stuff that works!
And yeah Halo reach firefight loadouts where pretty frustrating,

Also for me the perfect loadout is to get the SMG with Extended clip + the Sentinel DMR with Kinetic rounds! and as for armor ability I would go with Enhanced Thrusters which Increases your sprint speed, trust cool-down and best of all it let's you recharge your shields while sprinting!

I also figured out that in this mode VEHICLES are KEY! for the first round try this and spawn a scout hog, you probably have a lot of those just drive around splattering the huge groups of be it Grunts, crawlers or jackals that spawn in the first round I'ts also worth noting that the Wraith and the scorpion have enhanced armor in this mode as opposed to regular MP Warzone

My only complaint is the UNLIMITED LIVES like WTF and that the promethean soldiers are freaking lame bullet sponges, and the crappy objectives that are based on finding enemies INSTEAD of defending something just suck :/

This mode has been really fun for me I will admit and I can't wait for the final product in June, I especially like the fact that they are putting attention into all of the Warzone maps to work with WZ Firefight with differing dynamic objectives depending on the map, different types of Bosses.etc

Lastly I found this nice thread with some good feedback for 343i https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4eypzx/a_comprehensive_look_at_warzone_firefight_what/
all of this is being monitored and if you read the community update a lot of changes to the AI are coming with the Memories of reach update.

Last edited by RockMetal&Time on April 16th 2016, 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time April 16th 2016, 12:03 am

Stevedoggen wrote:So the scorpion looks like a scorpion in the tabletop game but not in 5.
-_-

The tabletop game takes place during Halo reach

The Halo Reach-1-2 Scorpion is called the M808
The One from Halo 3 and 4 is called the M808C
And the New one in Halo 5 is called the M820

M808C: Still in service with armored units throughout the UNSC Army and Marine Corps, the previous "mainline" iteration of the M808 features a M512 90mm smoothbore cannon for anti-tank and anti-fortification use, and a pintle-mounted M247T 7.62mm medium machine gun. It is substantially heavier than the M820, massing 66 tons (59.9 tonnes) when fully loaded.

M808B: This older variant does not have the M247 pintle mount, but adds a coaxial M231 medium machine gun to the main turret, controlled by the operator. This versatle chassis saw a law number of locally-produced variants and field upgrades over its nearly two centuries of use. The UNSC Army made periodic attempts to codify these modifications, with little success. Recorded examples include the UE8-14 and 12-9FS, both of which had thinner armor augmented by ceramic appliqué plates to make the tank easier to air transport.

M808B2: The “Sun Devil” variant replaces the 90mm cannon with two twin-linked 40mm autocannons. Ostensibly an anti-aircraft vehicle, the Sun Devil was used in an anti-personnel role throughout the insurrection years.

M808B3: Used for heavy fire support roles, the “Tarantula” variant with its two mounted pods on either side of the turret can fire clusters of hypervelocity Scimitar rockets. Its ineffectiveness against Covenant forces meant that most B3s were converted back to standard B models.

M808: The first M808 model entered service in 2218.

This also applies to Banshees, Phantoms, Spirits, Mongooses, Warthogs,Ghosts,Wraiths,Pelicans... (basically every single vehicle weapon, BDU,equipment.etc)

It's not just a different art style but an actual different vehicle,weapon,equipment.etc
they all co-exist in the same canon
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time April 22nd 2016, 11:20 pm

I'ts Friday! Community update time small one this time due to Brav being busy with the HCS Pro league Invitational over there at Pax East!
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 13 6nee7PX Click me for the link

anyways first off we got a new badass social playlist! simply titled
"Super Fiesta" i'ts basically Fiesta BUT with Warzone weapons thrown in the mix so you can spawn with the entire Halo 5 sandbox, from the Corpsemaker, to the Prophets bane, the River of Light.... all of these rare badass guns which are locked in the warzone experience are now available to play around with in this new chaotic social mode! Now while the REQ items aren't yet in forge it is important to note that the forge team is working on that including adding every single vehicle REQ variant into Forge + weapons of course... this means in the future which could be in the memories of reach update we will be able to use supressed SMG's Laser sight weapons,Hannibal Mantis + Scorpion, ONI vehicles, Kinetic BR's.etc

Since Fiesta Slayer debuted in Halo 5, many of you have expressed an interest in being able to roll the dice with REQ variants in Arena. Enter: Super Fiesta. The brand new social playlist is now available in Halo 5, and will provide you with epic opportunities to clutch it with a variety of high-powered weaponry. To keep things interesting, the rarest REQs will also be a bit rarer in Super Fiesta.So when you wind up with that Prophets’ Bane, be sure to put it to use. And if you go down, you best hope there’s a teammate nearby to keep it warm. Super Fiesta will be available all week long, and we’ll see you in the playlist.

Moving on yesterday he Waypoint File browser released and now thankfully we can easily bookmark and download maps, game clips,screenshots, modes.etc right trough our browser, Umm just like we where doing 7 years ago... ahem anyways we still don't have a Dedicated In-game file Share system BUT that's confirmed to be in the works and will have tons of new awesome features like the ability to GROUP items and Share them as Pre-fabs which you can download and then use on any map! So theoretically you can now group those awesome playable X-Fighters and spawn them into any map of your choosing! (basically like Gmod Dupes) also coming with that file-share is the ability to set custom thumbnails for gamemodes and Maps! this is going to come really handy and it was something I really wanted to see in Halo reach and 3!

Just yesterday, the new Waypoint File Browser arrived, and it brings the ability to find and share your favorite maps, game modes, and even screenshots and game clips. You can also view trending game clips, map variants, and game variants, sorted by most bookmarked. If you’re looking for some new custom games to try out with a group of friends, jump onto the File Browser and send the bookmarks straight to your console, so that they’re waiting for you when you get home. Just like your friends.
To read more about the File Browser, head here. As mentioned previously, the team also continues to build Halo 5’s in-game File Browser, and we’ll be sure to provide updates as we get closer to that release.

** (Even More) Advanced Controller Settings**
The sandbox team has been hard at work to seamlessly integrate more advanced controls options into Halo 5, and if you currently like your sensitivity setting, you need not read any further. However, if you’re curious about toying with some advanced control, **CONTINUE READING**

Infection looms
If you are reading this, you are most undoubtedly aware that Infection is on the way. To hold you over, here’s a few more in-progress screenshots of the Infection maps that are being playtested as we speak. Stay tuned for looks at more community-created Infection maps, too.

Some of those infection maps are shown in the full link so if you're interested be sure to check them out Lazy Link

To close it off we got a sneek peek at some upcoming emblems and a nice little Nod from bravo (343 plz) SOON
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 13 6ZULgnF
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 13 I6n95ct
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts April 22nd 2016, 11:52 pm

Did you seriously shorten "Bravo" to "Brav"?

Anyways I didn't know infection was coming. Warzone weapons in forge would be the bomb, getting to use them a bit might actually make me drop my first consumable req confident that I won't waste it getting used to it. That noble team emblem looks nice, especially the shotgun nameplate, but I'd still prefer the hawk from the days of yore.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time April 23rd 2016, 12:49 am

Heatguts wrote:Did you seriously shorten "Bravo" to "Brav"?

Anyways I didn't know infection was coming. Warzone weapons in forge would be the bomb, getting to use them a bit might actually make me drop my first consumable req confident that I won't waste it getting used to it. That noble team emblem looks nice, especially the shotgun nameplate, but I'd still prefer the hawk from the days of yore.

Keep in mind the new Fiesta mode is out now and i'ts pretty fun if you want to just lay back chill use some badass weaponry and grind some REQ points + XP

Brav is his twitter handle and overall nickname of a nickname.
Also just in case you missed it the Emblem examples he gave us have a little easter egg in them ;')

BRAV "SoonTM" PLZZ
soonTM is basically a term invented by brav to poke fun at the nature of halo 5's updates, and Brav plzz is basically quoted from 99% of requests that are posted on Reddit
Also I like how most of the 343i emplooyes are self-conscious and embrace their living memes, Like one time during april fools somebody asked for every weapon to be removed in the game since they where all shitty and unbalanced to which Bravo replied with "Alright! passed it on to the right teams and they are now working on it... should be ready in about 6 months..."
another self-concious 343i dev is Quinn del Hoyo who was the multiplayer map designer for Halo 2 and Gears of war 1, he now works as the multiplayer map designer of Halo 5...

And his twitter is basically 90% sarcasm and poking fun at himself and his team https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/with_replies just see for yourself...

There's also another favorite 343i Dev which I really have to mention https://twitter.com/pardontomfrench/with_replies

Tom French is an absolute blast to speak to whenever he has the time to get on twitter he will reply to upwards of 1000+ Forge related questions
There's so much shit I've talked about with him, he doesn't care about telling the community about the future updates or what the team is currently building
He's also really self-concious again many times poking fun at 343.etc

His buddy Michael Byron also deserves another shout out as one of my top 343i devs https://twitter.com/hamsnyams/with_replies

I have a lot of other people on the list but I don't want to bore you enough with my huge walls of text ;')
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts April 23rd 2016, 8:42 am

Cool. Always nice when devs can do that.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy April 23rd 2016, 5:57 pm

i miss the old bungie.net
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing April 26th 2016, 8:09 pm

Played Halo: 5 for the first time last Sunday, discovered they changed the radar range to 18 meters and kept all the ground pounds, shoulder charges in arena slayer, quit game, plug 360 back in and kept playing as 1 of Halo 4's 500 strong population
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time April 27th 2016, 3:31 pm

Jaing wrote:Played Halo: 5 for the first time last Sunday, discovered they changed the radar range to 18 meters and kept all the ground pounds, shoulder charges in arena slayer, quit game, plug 360 back in and kept playing as 1 of Halo 4's 500 strong population

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 13 Tumblr_lh5scwrZs31qfjej5o1_250

git good scrub
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper April 27th 2016, 5:24 pm

Halo 4's gameplay sucked. At the very least play 3 or reach, or even H1
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy April 28th 2016, 2:41 pm

quit game

kept playing as 1 of Halo 4's 500 strong population

1 step forward, 2 steps back
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing April 29th 2016, 8:25 am

Halo 4 is best Halo imo, don't know why it's hated so much

343i should consider adding a Slayer pro playlist where crutches for shitty players i.e. Ground Pound, Shoulder Charge and Weapon Timers are removed and the radar range is extended back to 25 meters.

EDIT:
Whilst writing this I realise how hypocritical I am for hating on the new gameplay features when Halo 4 must've felt like the same for the veterans of Halo, now I know how you feel
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts April 29th 2016, 3:46 pm

I'm just glad power weapons respawn again. I used to play H4 splitscreen and step one was grab all the power weapons juggle them until they run out of ammo and step two was br, br, br, br, br....

I agree with ground pound being rather cheap sometimes when you have to go into any area with a square hole in the ceiling (I can only watch one place 343, ground or sky) but I'm fine with the shoulder charge. It doesn't seem to do any more damage, but it does prevent double melees. I'd like to turn it off purely so I can assassinate people by sprinting up behind them while they're completely distracted in a br battle or trying to snipe someone but mechanically I'm ok with it.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time April 29th 2016, 9:46 pm

Jaing wrote:Halo 4 is best Halo imo, don't know why it's hated so much

343i should consider adding a Slayer pro playlist where crutches for shitty players i.e. Ground Pound, Shoulder Charge and Weapon Timers are removed and the radar range is extended back to 25 meters.

EDIT:
Whilst writing this I realise how hypocritical I am for hating on the new gameplay features when Halo 4 must've felt like the same for the veterans of Halo, now I know how you feel

I don't think you've invested enough time yet to appreciate the balance and fluidity of Halo 5's core gameplay

I'd like to say that the only spartan ability which I despise is Spartan Charge... That shit has MAGNETISM like WTF not to mention thruster countering doesn't work 90% of the time...
I'ts really cheap but the only balance that counters it is that if you're shooting people that are sprinting they slow down to the point where they can't spartan charge and or Slide anymore.

also Slide is balanced you can't use it in an engagement and i'ts primarily used for navigating the map really smoothly.

You should definitely one day message me and I can teach you how to play this game well.
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts April 29th 2016, 11:00 pm

Does slide make you move any faster? I do this thing where I sprint, slide and jump just for the lulz while playing swat but when you see someone it's probably too late to slide to dodge so I don't really see the point in the move.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing April 30th 2016, 12:35 am

RockMetal&Time wrote:I'd like to say that the only spartan ability which I despise is Spartan Charge... That shit has MAGNETISM like WTF not to mention thruster countering doesn't work 90% of the time...
I'ts really cheap but the only balance that counters it is that if you're shooting people that are sprinting they slow down to the point where they can't spartan charge and or Slide anymore.

also Slide is balanced you can't use it in an engagement and i'ts primarily used for navigating the map really smoothly.

You should definitely one day message me and I can teach you how to play this game well.

Okay, so I did spend some more time trying to learn and finally figured out what my problem was after destroying my KDA in the first 20 games

3 Key Points: 
1- Playing Smart
Choosing engagements, knowing when to back out and where enemies spawn/will go. Used to rely on pure aim to kill players in 4 and never really utilized grenades properly. Sprinted literally everywhere, which lead to many many gunfights where an enemy already had his/her weapon up and I didn't. You can get collapsed on so easily by the enemy team if you get called out, which refers back to being smart when coming whether to engage or not. Before playing 5 I never even knew this 'gamesense' even existed, which is why I failed so badly in the beginning 

2- Teamwork
Decided to remember that my teammates exist 

3- Map Control
Map control is so, so crucial in 5. Never held down important choke points, vantage points and power weapon spawns, and never communicated with team to call out enemy positions and health.  

Other Thoughts:
- The color scheme for radar should be changed as it's barely noticeable. 
- Remove fucking ground pound and shoulder charge, what pisses me off the most is the fact the reduced radar range doesn't let you react to the guy sprinting around shoulder charging because by the time you've noticed and reacted to that red dot on the radar the damn should charge already covers that distance
- I should stop jumping during gunfights, it makes me so predictable. Don't know why but I just mash A instinctively as soon as I see someone

Service Record for those interested:
Halo 5
- Pure aim + some limited gamesense

Halo 4/MCC
- Pure aim, no gamesense, somehow still doing better
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen April 30th 2016, 5:04 am

I find it interesting how RMT says Shoulder Charge has magnetism yet I found I had a lot of trouble hitting anything with it, twas easier to stop sprinting and punch for accurate lunging.

Jaing wrote:
1- Playing Smart
Choosing engagements, knowing when to back out and where enemies spawn/will go.
I don't like how you can so easily predict the enemy spawns, since a few more spawn points for diversity could help ease this. Kinda sucks the fun out, since either you're on the receiving end of crossmap grenades and shoulder chargers or you're the one doing it and the other team is quitting. I have painful memories on Pegasus of this.

Jaing wrote:Used to rely on pure aim to kill players in 4 and never really utilized grenades properly.
I did too in 4, since there was only one type of grenade worth mentioning, and it was the dedicated 'oh shit i'm being melee'd to death better take them with me' button. I'm talking about plasmas, obviously.
In 5 though, everyone throws handheld Fat Man's so...

Jaing wrote:Sprinted literally everywhere, which lead to many many gunfights where an enemy already had his/her weapon up and I didn't.
I did this too, though the sad thing is that you're supposed to be able to recover from that slight disadvantage and have a solid change to win, but the lethal combination of hardcore magnetism, strong aim assist, all weapons being overly accurate and the total nonexistance of weapon bloom means that unless you break line of sight, you've already lost.

Jaing wrote:You can get collapsed on so easily by the enemy team if you get called out, which refers back to being smart when coming whether to engage or not.
This is wholly true, which is why I didnt enjoy it much. Playing smart is playing boring. Taking risks or doing stupid shit is why the game is fun. But when the map design restricts this, and gameplay rewards conservative tactics... well.  

Jaing wrote:2- Teamwork
Since I can't win a 1 on 1 with anyone in 5 (even in Silver), I often rely on having teammates being around as bulletsponges, since my presence right behind my teammate causes the enemies aim assist to be unable to properly concentrate on a single target long enough to effectively kill them before they die. Had it happen to me often enough to learn how to intentionally do it to others. Sad how I have to essentially exploit assistance coding to win.

Jaing wrote:3- Map Control
Map control is so, so crucial in 5. Never held down important choke points, vantage points and power weapon spawns, and never communicated with team to call out enemy positions and health.  
Map Control is just campy. I prefer to always move about because you never know what you'll stumble into. Telling people what's going on helps, since the automated voices always say location names that mean nothing to you.

Jaing wrote:Other Thoughts:
Needs to be less transparent. Red Dots need to be more red and the elevation indication needs to be more obvious. Also invisibility should have the same radar showing-up rules as normal visible people. It's utter bull that invisible people are both hard to see AND don't show up on the radar short of sprinting. That's why I liked Reach's invis making a bunch of false icons appear, because you didn't know which it was, only that one is around and it was thrilling.
Jaing wrote:- Remove fucking ground pound and shoulder charge, what pisses me off the most is the fact the reduced radar range doesn't let you react to the guy sprinting around shoulder charging because by the time you've noticed and reacted to that red dot on the radar the damn should charge already covers that distance
Agreed.
Jaing wrote:- I should stop jumping during gunfights, it makes me so predictable. Don't know why but I just mash A instinctively as soon as I see someone
Try thrusting the opposite direction your jump is headed when you notice. Makes it harder to aim at you :)
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing April 30th 2016, 10:47 am

Yea, hopping onto Arena soon. I'll let you know how my experience goes after keeping all that ^ in mind
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts April 30th 2016, 11:01 am

Stevedoggen wrote:I find it interesting how RMT says Shoulder Charge has magnetism yet I found I had a lot of trouble hitting anything with it, twas easier to stop sprinting and punch for accurate lunging.
I just don't use it.

Stevedoggen wrote:
Jaing wrote:
1- Playing Smart
Choosing engagements, knowing when to back out and where enemies spawn/will go.
I don't like how you can so easily predict the enemy spawns, since a few more spawn points for diversity could help ease this. Kinda sucks the fun out, since either you're on the receiving end of crossmap grenades and shoulder chargers or you're the one doing it and the other team is quitting. I have painful memories on Pegasus of this.
I haven't noticed this, but then again, I haven't played on Pegasus since I dropped out on TF2 hiatus. Maybe 343's forge maps just suck? Or perhaps I just suck enough to be below the ranks where people know the spawns...

Stevedoggen wrote:
Jaing wrote:Used to rely on pure aim to kill players in 4 and never really utilized grenades properly.
I did too in 4, since there was only one type of grenade worth mentioning, and it was the dedicated 'oh shit i'm being melee'd to death better take them with me' button. I'm talking about plasmas, obviously.
In 5 though, everyone throws handheld Fat Man's so...
I always tried to use frags personally. Occasionally I'll get tagged with a plasma but unless its from gun range I'm not to upset. I don't use 'em because my aiming skills are tuned to frags and I can't tag someone with one.

Stevedoggen wrote:
Jaing wrote:Sprinted literally everywhere, which lead to many many gunfights where an enemy already had his/her weapon up and I didn't.
I did this too, though the sad thing is that you're supposed to be able to recover from that slight disadvantage and have a solid change to win, but the lethal combination of hardcore magnetism, strong aim assist, all weapons being overly accurate and the total nonexistance of weapon bloom means that unless you break line of sight, you've already lost.
I've also noticed this. The problem is if you don't sprint, you'll get shot in the back, but if you do, everyone you meet who isn't sprinting for whatever reason will have the leg up on you. If only you could remove sprint...

Stevedoggen wrote:
Jaing wrote:You can get collapsed on so easily by the enemy team if you get called out, which refers back to being smart when coming whether to engage or not.
This is wholly true, which is why I didnt enjoy it much. Playing smart is playing boring. Taking risks or doing stupid shit is why the game is fun. But when the map design restricts this, and gameplay rewards conservative tactics... well.
I like playing smart. I thought H2 was the annoying one for this though because it seems like on sanctuary and lockout you chase someone with a br or smg when you have the leg up and right before you nail him to the wall you get headshotted by some guy in a position 90-120 degrees away in a spot you didn't even know had a sightline on you.

Stevedoggen wrote:
Jaing wrote:2- Teamwork
Since I can't win a 1 on 1 with anyone in 5 (even in Silver), I often rely on having teammates being around as bulletsponges, since my presence right behind my teammate causes the enemies aim assist to be unable to properly concentrate on a single target long enough to effectively kill them before they die. Had it happen to me often enough to learn how to intentionally do it to others. Sad how I have to essentially exploit assistance coding to win.
Yeah I'm trying to train my aim and git gud but I've had that happen to me and it is so annoying. The problem with going off alone is that if you come across one guy you have a chance of winning or losing but if you come across two guys who are both far enough away that you can't get into some melee hijinx like this ridiculous kill the other guy should have had then even if one guy sucks and the other guy sucks its still like fighting a guy with same skill but twice the health. And then if you retreat they can just sprint up behind you, drop to shoot you, and follow you wherever until you run out of shields or reach you teammates or run into another one of theirs or another one sees you and joins in the chase.

Stevedoggen wrote:
Jaing wrote:3- Map Control
Map Control is just campy. I prefer to always move about because you never know what you'll stumble into. Telling people what's going on helps, since the automated voices always say location names that mean nothing to you.
I don't hold down crap. I just stick with my teammates. Occasionally I'll try and use one as bait. One time, I had this match one the map with the hole in the middle and the active camo where nobody picked up the plasma caster and both teams tried to use it as bait. It was silly.

Also, I got so annoyed with those stupid voices that I checked the options menu and luckily you can indeed turn them off, if you dislike them as much as I do and didn't know you could like I assumed. I really wish they'd put a slider in MCC like that for music and everything else so I could hear the music in Halo 2 without changing it to anniversary mode.

Stevedoggen wrote:
Jaing wrote:Other Thoughts:
Needs to be less transparent. Red Dots need to be more red and the elevation indication needs to be more obvious. Also invisibility should have the same radar showing-up rules as normal visible people. It's utter bull that invisible people are both hard to see AND don't show up on the radar short of sprinting. That's why I liked Reach's invis making a bunch of false icons appear, because you didn't know which it was, only that one is around and it was thrilling.
Yeah I agree here. I also thought it was neat because you didn't know how many teammates were in the red cloud. And on sword base it pretty much put you on red alert in half of the map if activated within one of the buildings.
Stevedoggen wrote:
Jaing wrote:- Remove fucking ground pound and shoulder charge, what pisses me off the most is the fact the reduced radar range doesn't let you react to the guy sprinting around shoulder charging because by the time you've noticed and reacted to that red dot on the radar the damn should charge already covers that distance
Agreed.
I didn't realize radar didn't let you see that. It should definitely be tweaked in that case.
Stevedoggen wrote:
Jaing wrote:- I should stop jumping during gunfights, it makes me so predictable. Don't know why but I just mash A instinctively as soon as I see someone
Try thrusting the opposite direction your jump is headed when you notice. Makes it harder to aim at you :)
I do the same thing, except when jump is on LB you can aim and jump at the same time. I should probably stop too, but its a hard habit to break.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy April 30th 2016, 7:36 pm

You should definitely one day message me and I can teach you how to play this game well

My biggest problem with 343's Halo is that you're learning that specific game rather than your core Halo skills transferring; Halo 4, Halo 5 and Reach (sort of) all suffered from this as the core gameplay was lost or just barely there. Biggest reason why most of the standout Halo 4 pros are non-existant and pretty shit (Ninja for example).
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 May 1st 2016, 4:34 pm

Neesy wrote:
You should definitely one day message me and I can teach you how to play this game well

My biggest problem with 343's Halo is that you're learning that specific game rather than your core Halo skills transferring; Halo 4, Halo 5 and Reach (sort of) all suffered from this as the core gameplay was lost or just barely there. Biggest reason why most of the standout Halo 4 pros are non-existant and pretty shit (Ninja for example).

^ Definitely have to agree with this. Each of 343's Halo games (other than the Anniversaries) have basically changed the way Halo plays significantly. Yeah, each Halo game has introduced new things to change the way the game plays, but of all the games, Halo 5 has probably seen the greatest changes because the base mechanics have been changed. The only base mechanic that changed in Halo 4 was sprint, and the rest of 4's and Reach's balancing problems stemmed from loadouts/Armor Abilities.

Just talking about Halo 5 makes me anxious to hear more news about how P:C is coming along. It's pretty sad that my interest in Halo has dropped so much over the past few years, but I guess that could also be because I'm more preoccupied with learning how to create games rather than play them. Fingers crossed for H3A coming to PC lol.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 1st 2016, 6:13 pm

I remember when I was younger I always thought to myself that I'd love Halo forever and play every game that comes out...
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 May 1st 2016, 7:38 pm

Neesy wrote:I remember when I was younger I always thought to myself that I'd love Halo forever and play every game that comes out...

Yep. Halo 5 is the first main-series Halo game that I don't own. And I'm not really bothered by it either.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top