Dedicated Halo 5 Thread

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Dedicated Halo 5 Thread

Post by Stevedoggen January 13th 2016, 12:55 am

Hellcat armour is the only one Ive unlocked so far that actually looks like it has chest armour.

Also very few care about canon differences. What we care about is it not looking like butts.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat January 13th 2016, 6:58 am

Heatguts wrote:
RockMetal&Time wrote:
TheAandZ wrote:Can I just say it again? I HATE THAT MK5 HELMET q.q
That's the majority consensus and I agree the visor IS WAY TOO SMALL
and the chin looks way to pronounced disgusting honestly abominable

The rest of the Set looks superb!
Good thing we can swap pieces out right guys? Totally nabbin' that sweet crotch plate.

My first thoughts on that helmet was something from a basic motorbike store, then as I researched I found these, So  Master Chief Helmets for real life use
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 Halo-inspired-motorcycle-helmet-looks-cool-is-probably-noisy-as-hell_1Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 Halo-inspired-motorcycle-helmet1

and here are some others that I have noted similar to Red v Blue Machima series bit part characters
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 Th?&id=OIP.M2eda9a6dbfa771a0e7583e47b094f2d2H0&w=300&h=233&c=0&pid=1Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 Garg,

As for the Crotch plate, [imho] looked more Chastity belt than armour eg:Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 Chastity-Belt-3
Finally:-
And can anyone tell me why there are so many gapeing spaces in the knee and crotch / hip zones in this type of armour, just seems a easy place to aim too disable, Yes I know its a Game, it just sort of removes from the immersion, as in my case I'd keep thinking about unnecessary vunerability in these areas!
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 13th 2016, 11:20 am

Deadmeat wrote:
Heatguts wrote:
RockMetal&Time wrote:

Good thing we can swap pieces out right guys? Totally nabbin' that sweet crotch plate.

And can anyone tell me why there are so many gapeing spaces in the knee and crotch / hip zones in this type of armour, just seems a easy place to aim too disable, Yes I know its a Game, it just sort of removes from the immersion, as in my case I'd keep thinking about unnecessary vunerability in these areas!

I'ts due to Locomotion you can't freaking run at super speeds and jump really high if you can't even bend a leg
Real modern military ballistics have a lot of exposed areas but It doesn't matter since the center of mass, the head, shoulders and arms are what needs protection
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat January 13th 2016, 5:52 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:
Deadmeat wrote:
Heatguts wrote:
RockMetal&Time wrote:

I'ts due to Locomotion you can't freaking run at super speeds and jump really high if you can't even bend a leg
Real modern military ballistics have a lot of exposed areas but It doesn't matter since the center of mass, the head, shoulders and arms are what needs protection

You almost had me there!
If the locomotion aspect was the issue, the same problem would occur with the upperbody mobility for example the same degree of movement if not more is needed by the arms, however the armour has no gapeing areas around the shoulders and elbows like the lower body.

I think in your second statement "Real modern military ballistics have a lot of exposed areas" you meant Balistic type armour?  I agree to the extent that you're more likely to survive , However your ability to remove yourself from immediate danger usually depends upon legs working. Ok Ok I know it's an Asthetic thing re the game armour, and there is no extra damage due to the lesser lower area protection, I mean other than a head shot the rest of the body is just covered by the hitbox ( I assumed thats the answer as otherwise the programming is massively complicated, so basically a shot ankle is the same damage as your left nut shot off ).
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix January 13th 2016, 7:36 pm

Neesy wrote:I doubt it Phoenix, too many negative connotations with that word.

True. Probably Greenhouse then.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper January 18th 2016, 3:44 pm

So, for anybody remotely trying to claim that Halo 5 is superior, the fact that this was held in a tournament match proves that 343i needs to fix their shit.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 18th 2016, 4:18 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:

So, for anybody remotely trying to claim that Halo 5 is superior, the fact that this was held in a tournament match proves that 343i needs to fix their shit.

I'ts funny because with forge you can literally just put a kill zone in there and be done with it
Also this those chinks got banned from the qualifiers for of course being dickheads

More in depth look
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ January 18th 2016, 11:59 pm

I thought it was really funny actually.
If 343i wants this game to be a viable e-Sport then they have to fix their crap.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 19th 2016, 12:57 pm

Also this those chinks got banned from the qualifiers for of course being dickheads

This is bullshit, pretty sure there's no overt rule making this illegal, unlike in cs where 'pixel walking' is illegal.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 19th 2016, 4:56 pm

Someone should make a game where all the hacks are built in. Either they are given only when you use specific weapons or you can buy them like expensive items ala counterstrike. Then build in invisible ledges and walls you can walk through into the maps. Then all the map exploits are intentional, and all the hacks can be countered (by using the hack yourself).
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 20th 2016, 11:50 am

Literally all 343 needs to do is put killzones with forge fucking simple
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 20th 2016, 11:53 am

That's just adding duct tape to the issue. What should be done is fix the glitch as a whole as this will happen again on different maps.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix January 20th 2016, 5:25 pm

It seems that all the major videogame companies have their own flaws that they like to keep.
-Nintendo: bad consoles, but somehow good sales
-Microsoft: I dunno
-Valve: 1, 2, E1, E2, .... ummmm
-343: Lets do stuff WITHOUT thinking of the consequences and hype the people up and give them a crappy game, but too late. They made their purchase, and we are friggen rich!
-Bungie: .......we dropped Halo, for THIS? Destiny is good...ish. We should have kept Halo.
-Sony: Mascots... I dunno, lets make about six for each console we make!
-Sega: LETS GO 3D !
-Bethesda: Glitchy game. No one cares, I'm a friggen DOVAHKIIN!
-Ubisoft: UPlay. Nuff said.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 20th 2016, 7:48 pm

Microsoft is 343. 343 is Microsoft. They are one and the same... at least one way. 343 is just a piece.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 20th 2016, 9:26 pm

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 1iVnIQU

Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 YI9kUWT
HOLY SHIT YES YES YES! HALO 2 BR AS LOADOUT AND FORGE WEAPON WOO HOOO! None of that one time bullshit!
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 Windup2-31531f83ec0f4bf6a61e4483f59a5740  "Wind Up"
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 Stopstabbingyourself-d28a3d884c5a40daadf473c969a51cfd "Stop Stabbing yourself"
Dedicated Halo 5 Thread - Page 2 U24Zl25
Full REQ List and some more information here
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/infinitys-armory

Oh yeah they also forgot to mention that they added More color options for spartans AND they made Blue spartans look lighter! Which in my opinion is a huge improvement
The Halo 5 colors were just abysmal

There also tons of other UI Updates and stuff but none of that is discussed until the day before the update releases for reasons I guess...

Also Forge playlist comes out at the end of the month and THE first pack of new modes and another Forge update starts Next month

There will also be a classic playlist using no spartan abilities and Remake forge maps like Narrows,Asylum,Sandtrap,Guardian, The Pit, Beaver Creek.etc
No Time line for that one though just a COMING SOON logo or some bullshit

This game is slowly but definitely improving come back by the end of the year and we will have a real Halo game!

Also in final NEWS YouTubers are already making BDobbinz esque videos after sucking 343s d*** for a long time they are finally waking up to see that the game is lacking!

Ducain23 and many others also made Remarks and posts on twitter but you get the picture.
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ January 20th 2016, 10:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wShCZOHKHU

This trailer makes me cringe. It's not Halo.

(The part where they introduce the H2 BR is cool tho)
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 20th 2016, 11:10 pm

That's pretty neat. I've gotten two legendary reqs so far, a prophet's bane and a dmr that is like 8 req points so i usually don't get to use it for more than two or three minutes a match.

I haven't been playing recently though. Gotten hooked on tf2 again with a friend.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen January 21st 2016, 12:31 am

Why did they add an emblem for the Red Team Flag Snake logo but not the blue team Bird with Swords, which my avatar is based off? Dammit one job.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 21st 2016, 12:40 am

TheAandZ wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wShCZOHKHU

This trailer makes me cringe. It's not Halo.

(The part where they introduce the H2 BR is cool tho)

How is it cringee? one of the many staples of Halo is its blunt wacky dumb humour In the face of serious dilemma
https://youtu.be/kFMOC8cak0k?t=8m44s

Anyways I thought the pizza thing was hilarious because it was a recruit n00b using it
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper January 21st 2016, 1:35 am

That's a lie, RMT. Halo has rarely been blatant stupid humor in any of its trailers or advertisements. Its either been straight up serious as hell, or has meta humor (see H3ODST Johnson trailers as the biggest point to that).
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen January 21st 2016, 9:19 am

The last dlc's attraction was the SPKR and Forge.
This dlc's attraction is the H2 BR and a gimmicky Needle Rifle/Carbine offspring/failed abortion.
One of the future dlc's attraction will be the H:CE Magnum and fundamental gametypes, at which point the base game we all payed for will be finally finished.

Seems like the only way to get hype for H5 dlc is to piggyback off of bringing back stuff from previous games. Can't wait for the next trailer where they'll sell gamemodes but will twist it to be 'Oh aren't we great bringing this back' to the backing of a different shitty techno song with a childish approach that also doesn't fit.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 21st 2016, 9:36 am

Stevedoggen wrote:Why did they add an emblem for the Red Team Flag Snake logo but not the blue team Bird with Swords, which my avatar is based off? Dammit one job.
They freakin' WUT? Ah! wtf 343 where's the love?

Oh well. Even if they added it, I probably wouldn't be able to make it the colors I want because honestly idk. Not letting you choose your own colors for emblem only benefits splitscreen players because it doesn't take as long to customize your spartan but that's definitely not right.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 21st 2016, 11:54 am

Its either been straight up serious as hell, or has meta humor (see H3ODST Johnson trailers as the biggest point to that).

What I was going to say, you can use the original Halo CE Johnson trailer as a reference too.

Also, why the hell is there shitty trap music playing?
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ January 21st 2016, 5:26 pm

Neesy wrote:
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time January 21st 2016, 6:03 pm

They'll show a sneek for next months update in this joint
That's the only thing i'm hyped for

TheAandZ wrote:
Neesy wrote:

That's the joke
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top