Should I lose hope in this game?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I lose hope in this game? Empty Should I lose hope in this game?

Post by ArcticRogue January 2nd 2016, 7:49 pm

We haven't seen the slightest info on what's been going on for all we know the team died in a fire. Should I stop getting my hopes up for this game and seddle with Halo Online for all of my halo needs? (I don't own xbox anymore) Seems like this game is going nowhere and by the time it's done I'll be over gaming and let some other hobby take over.
ArcticRogue
ArcticRogue

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Should I lose hope in this game? Empty Re: Should I lose hope in this game?

Post by DreuxPhoenix January 2nd 2016, 8:11 pm

ArcticRogue wrote:We haven't seen the slightest info on what's been going on for all we know the team died in a fire. Should I stop getting my hopes up for this game and seddle with Halo Online for all of my halo needs? (I don't own xbox anymore) Seems like this game is going nowhere and by the time it's done I'll be over gaming and let some other hobby take over.

The developers can say this, but I will say it better dude:
Duke Nukem Forever took FOREVER to get made. It wasn't as cool as they hoped since the Duke died down. But Halo is eternal. Want proof? Look at what Bungie gave us when they left Halo:
Should I lose hope in this game? Latest?cb=20110626111955&path-prefix=es
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticRogue January 2nd 2016, 8:59 pm

It's a flaming spartan helmet I see that daily when I walk down the street. I'm not a very patient man I'd at least like an update so we know they haven't just abandoned the game even just like 2 screenshots would be somthing
ArcticRogue
ArcticRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix January 2nd 2016, 9:08 pm

ArcticRogue wrote:It's a flaming spartan helmet I see that daily when I walk down the street. I'm not a very patient man I'd at least like an update so we know they haven't just abandoned the game even just like 2 screenshots would be somthing

*Facepalm
The fire is blue on this helmet, which meant that the armor mod wasn't Legendary, but Eternal. A parting gift from Bungie.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticRogue January 2nd 2016, 9:12 pm

Strange oh very strange I just don't know what that means... I'm a fan of Halo but I don't really follow it, Halo 4 and beyond are garbage and nothing like the originals which makes me lose respect for the series after 2012 or whenever 4 came out.
ArcticRogue
ArcticRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat January 2nd 2016, 10:05 pm

So lets just disect this piece by piece, ( I'll concede the psycoanalysis may be flawed here, but I'm sure Drus will have something to say on that )

ArticRogue wrote: We haven't seen the slightest info on what's been going on for all we know the team died in a fire

Fair point, no obituaries, or fond fairwell's posted, but there is activity here.

ArticRogue wrote:Should I stop getting my hopes up for this game and seddle with Halo Online for all of my halo needs? (I don't own xbox anymore)

This put me in a quandry as how to answer! As I cannot envision your relocation to Russia? ( Free to Play Halo For PC ),  But if your Gametag is accurate , maybe its just a stroll one frozen night from the small to the large island ?  [ i refer to the Diomede Islands, ( also known in Russia as Gvozdev Islands ) ].

ArticRogue wrote:Seems like this game is going nowhere and by the time it's done I'll be over gaming and let some other hobby take over

Well I cannot help you there, though I'm not sure what sort of thing can keep your interest, ( Obviously something fast and equally gratifying as per the next quote )

ArticRogue wrote:I'm not a very patient man I'd at least like an update so we know they haven't just abandoned the game even just like 2 screenshots would be somthing

Tricky this one, as there is a thin end of a wedge here, Why are you special, I guess that what I am trying to say is why would anyone want to make a special effort on your behalf, it's looking like you could pick up another 'Hobby' anytime and the special effort just goes to waste, and even then I wonder that you will not be satisfied, you really just need a little faith ,and trust.

ArticRogue wrote:I'm a fan of Halo but I don't really follow it, Halo 4 and beyond are garbage and nothing like the originals which makes me lose respect for the series after 2012 or whenever 4 came out.

This also seems very negative, and that your a hard one to please. A fan but don't follow, ahhaa! Your are a part time fan then? Whom would like to hold things in a timeless bubble, I do not mean to imply that the later console only games are great, but they are different.

I would also like to point out here that I have no capacity here in this forum or real life with Project Contingency, I was just moved to answer your post that appeared to me as so demanding, without a real word of support for people that are giving there time and efforts, for ironically people like you.
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 2nd 2016, 10:21 pm

ArcticRogue wrote:We haven't seen the slightest info on what's been going on for all we know the team died in a fire. Should I stop getting my hopes up for this game and seddle with Halo Online for all of my halo needs? (I don't own xbox anymore) Seems like this game is going nowhere and by the time it's done I'll be over gaming and let some other hobby take over.

Go or stay

we don't care
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 3rd 2016, 12:35 am

R93 has been strangely absent lately, as is our update promised a while ago (no pressure).
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 3rd 2016, 1:54 am

He been busy.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper January 3rd 2016, 1:55 am

I've been busy with trying to get stuff done, I'll still lurk otherwise.

@OP you can lose interest in this game if you want, but i'll be completely honest in saying that we are indeed still working on this game and don't have any intention of stopping any time soon.

Edit: Damn you moot, you beat me to it.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 3rd 2016, 7:12 am

Ssshh, I am speaking for you.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing January 3rd 2016, 7:59 am

I mean the mans got a point.. the last big update was last year.. c'mon guys, step up your game
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix January 3rd 2016, 9:35 am

But guys, you also have to understand that the develompent team really has only one incentive to get this game done: they like to make the game as a hobby.

Hobby _ Noun:
1. An activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
2. A small horse or pony.

Thing is, the dev team isn't working on this game for say 8 hours a day. This isn't their actual job, but rather a common goal made by hobbyists. They have no quota (unless they communicate with one another on PM and assign quotas, which is doubtful). They have no paycheck, since this is a hobby and not their career. Their job tends to come first, and then they have other things in their life. Such as family and friends, responsibilities, and who knows what else. When they finally have some time that they can use as they want, the dev team members get to work on P: C. That is if they even feel like it.

I want to work on Project Drop a lot of the time, and we have made A LOT of progress discussing what the game will be like, what Ideas we are going to implement, and what scripts we are going to write; with my partner. I myself have made plenty of progress on Script writing and content planning. I am doing what I have time to do and what I can do right now. Currently, whenever I can, I am studying how to use the UE4 (Thanks to mootjuh showing me a YouTuber, thumbs up to you) so I can learn more about a separate aspect of making videogames. So once the script writing is done, I am more than just one of the Project Leads and supervisors; I can actually help out a little bit from time to time.

But again, this is all in my free time. If it were my career however, I would be paid, have a quota, and be required by my employer to keep development on the down low; and let our marketing division take care of exposing details to the public. See, it is a tradeoff when looking at company games and indie games:

Option A - Company Games: Consumers are spoonfed details about what they are going to play, and eventually get told a deadline. Then they wait for the deadline to be up, camped outside of where ever they pre-ordered the game.

Option B - Indie Games: Consumers and Fans of the game tend to get A LOT more info on what the game is about and what it will feel like. But Indie games, whether Profit or Non-Profit, are still worked on as if they were a hobby. Sure the profit ones are usually worked on a bit more per day than the non-profit ones. But Contingency is a LARGE indie game. Their graphics, seen in screenshots, are top notch. Indie games such as Amnesia, Garry's Mod, and Undertale play a big part in many true gamers lives. But their graphics and physics aren't very high. Sure you have some exceptions like Soma, but still: Contingency is probably going to be the biggest Indie game for quite a while. With large projects, especially hobbies, you gotta expect them to try to be as productive as possible.

Just simply wait, and dude; if you are one of the impatient ones, just make a simple request from the dev team. Have them send out emails to you whenever there is an update for Project: Contingency. Im sure there is some way for the Dev team to include a button that says "Send to all forum members" so it is efficient. This way, the impatient ones can sit back and play other games or do whatever they want with their lives, and when the update happens; they can check on Contingency to see whats new, and chat on the forums if they want.

Im just saying that it takes time to make a Large indie game.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 3rd 2016, 11:20 am

Can we make it manditory for Dreux to include a TL;DR from now on? It's not even a joke...
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticRogue January 3rd 2016, 11:36 am

Here's my thing if your last update was last year and you haven't shown any screenshots or videos since, that leads me to wonder if for the past couple months you've been working on little things like grass or if you've been doing any major work at all.
ArcticRogue
ArcticRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticRogue January 3rd 2016, 11:44 am

Deadmeat the reason I don't follow halo is because i don't have an Xbox anymore so I have no reason to. I'm not going to play any new Halos and I will NEVER go back to console dwelling. Also I'm not Russian I play eldewrito. I've been majorly into other games these days I just check this site every week or so to see if we have any progress, although I will probably graduate by the time this is released and be busy with College work I will be able to entertain myself with other games, this is just such an awesome game for halo fans and I'd really like to see somthing be made of this. Game developing is hard, I know I tried to make a 2d shooter and gave up because I can't make art, but to keep the impatient crowd (Like me) entertained maybe once a month or somthing even just a 10 second video or somthing would help. Maybe as you guys Develop and test the game you could always be recording with Bandicam or somthing and then last Sunday of the month or somthing pick some funny or progressive highlights and throw them into a short video.
ArcticRogue
ArcticRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by shaban January 3rd 2016, 2:46 pm

I don't really have faith on this project anymore..its like venerance all over again hoping Glassed and installation01 dont follow contingency and venerance the same way,and by the way! the last time they shown an actual update was in 2014 around January and that's almost 2 years ago which am afraid is even worse! and we haven't even seen gameplay or a new trailer,just screen shots and small videos of your work nothing else.Right now am enjoying eldewrito quite a lot now and it will be getting huge updates soon too which will introduce new players in the game so i am more excited about the new update and so many people and Again I don't care if it's hacked or not,as long as its  playable! then am good,but am hoping this project will contain a lot of updates soon because i lost a lot of faith on this project but am sure you guys can redeem yourselfs
shaban
shaban

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 3rd 2016, 3:11 pm

Sherss, don't start the Halomaps drama here.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix January 3rd 2016, 4:07 pm

Gonna sound religious here, but: HAVE SOME FAITH!!!
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper January 3rd 2016, 6:51 pm

What we've been working on is REALLY major, and that's the reason why we haven't shown anything. We want to make sure everything works and looks alright before we show it off. The issue also stems that we don't want to show off stuff that looks too WIP for a variety of reasons, If we're going to show a turd, it might as well be one hella shiny turd.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 3rd 2016, 7:35 pm

but am sure you guys can redeem yourselfs

ooooh sorry Jebus pls don't send us to developing hell
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen January 3rd 2016, 10:41 pm

4k UHD Excrement confirmed.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory January 4th 2016, 5:13 am

I have returned from hibernation.:
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir January 4th 2016, 11:55 am

My reaction after coming in on this site:
Should I lose hope in this game? 150g667098
No progress :/
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 4th 2016, 12:03 pm

Abdul Fatir wrote:My reaction after coming in on this site:
Should I lose hope in this game? 150g667098
No progress :/

No progress that you've seen*
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top