Gamescom 2015

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gamescom 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Gamescom 2015

Post by RockMetal&Time August 5th 2015, 3:54 pm

Mootjuh wrote:Only if the gameplay was splitscreen.

I used to love playing splitscreen with my cousins and friends but I noticed something really bad when I played the MCC and that is that splitscreen got progressively worse and more frustuating the newer the game Halo 1 has good split screen Halo 2 has decent splitscreen Halo 3 has shitty splitscreen and Halo 4 was shittier splitscreen and now Halo 5 has no splitscreen yeah it seems it had to go sooner or later :P

I also would like to know why people say Halo 5 cant have splitscreen due to technical issues like the physics engine being tied to 60fps sounds like baloney to me but oh well.
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh August 5th 2015, 4:08 pm

Halo 3 had amazing splitscreen.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 5th 2015, 4:10 pm

Mootjuh wrote:Halo 3 had amazing splitscreen.

Worse than Halo 2 better than 4 by a mile thing is What I hate about Halo 3 and 4 splitscreen is that there are crappy black bars on the sides of the screens since for some reason they didn't increase the FOV while playing splitscreen like 1 and 2 do :P
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 August 5th 2015, 4:10 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:

I used to love playing splitscreen with my cousins and friends but I noticed something really bad when I played the MCC and that is that splitscreen got progressively worse and more frustuating the newer the game Halo 1 has good split screen Halo 2 has decent splitscreen Halo 3 has shitty splitscreen and Halo 4 was shittier splitscreen and now Halo 5 has no splitscreen yeah it seems it had to go sooner or later :P

I also would like to know why people say Halo 5 cant have splitscreen due to technical issues like the physics engine being tied to 60fps sounds like baloney to me but oh well.
More people on a single device equals more strain and if what you are saying about the physics engine being tied to 60 FPS is true then Halo 5 needs to stay at a constant 60 or at least above 50 so that players don't have serious issues. Just lowering the graphical fidelity for however many players you have on splitscreen must have not been enough and too much of a hassle. The problems of wanting 60 FPS and great visuals but not having the hardware to back it up. Features end up getting cut to make room.

If people don't understand what I mean by physics issues with FPS look up GTA: San Andreas. It is a very good example of something that is affected by physics that are tied to FPS.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 5th 2015, 4:13 pm

General_101 wrote:
RockMetal&Time wrote:

More people on a single device equals more strain and if what you are saying about the physics engine being tied to 60 FPS is true then Halo 5 needs to stay at a constant 60 or at least above 50 so that players don't have serious issues. Just lowering the graphical fidelity for however many players you have on splitscreen must have not been enough and too much of a hassle. The problems of wanting 60 FPS and great visuals but not having the hardware to back it up. Features end up getting cut to make room.

If people don't understand what I mean by physics issues with FPS look up GTA: San Andreas. It is a very good example of something that is affected by physics that are tied to FPS.

Theres also Halo 1 where the animations are made to run with 30fps so in 60fps they look really choppy but I think the main reason why halo 5 had to sacrifice splitscreen had to do mainly because of the huge ambition of halo 5 with 343 wanting stable 60fps and a top of the notch graphics engine :P
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 5th 2015, 7:02 pm

God damn it, I just bought a standard XBOX ONE. Motherfuckers should've announced it 1 week earlier.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 5th 2015, 7:04 pm

Jaing wrote:God damn it, I just bought a standard XBOX ONE. Motherfuckers should've announced it 1 week earlier.

They said they where making the console like 3 months ago lmao that's what you get for not keeping up with the halo news xD

(psst is there anyway I can get a refund on my standard xbone?)
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ August 5th 2015, 8:21 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:
Theres also Halo 1 where the animations are made to run with 30fps so in 60fps they look really choppy but I think the main reason why halo 5 had to sacrifice splitscreen had to do mainly because of the huge ambition of halo 5 with 343 wanting stable 60fps and a top of the notch graphics engine :P

I believe in MCC Halo 1's animations are in 60 fps as well.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 5th 2015, 9:06 pm

Well, looks like the Flagnum is back.

You guys are fucked.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 5th 2015, 11:02 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:

Like people have said, it's quite relevant. I've never had any problems with halo's splitscreen in any titles, aside from being annoyed that you can't play 3 or 4 player campaign splitscreen. Splitscreen is the ability to transform an experience from one person playing to 4 people playing with only extra controllers and that's pretty important if you're keeping the modes of play.

I understand that Halo 5 is striving for state of the art graphics and 60 fps that the consoles simply can't reliably provide, but personally I'd rather cut the quality and framerate and retain my ability to enjoy the game with my friends. When it comes down to it, would you rather have a nice looking game and 3 people watching, or a crappy looking game but 4 people playing?
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh August 5th 2015, 11:07 pm

Going into matchmaking with 4 player splitscreen was fun even in Halo 4.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix August 5th 2015, 11:42 pm

Long as you have a big screen. I have a few family members who work at Marcus Theaters, and they let us hook an Xbox up to the Theater. Since we live next door, we go over whenever we want to game on a REALLY HUGE SCREEN. We have even placed strips of paint (professionally laid out of course) to allow us to know where P1 - P4 can sit and see the exact center of their screen. We sometimes allow the public to watch us game, and even host game competitions every once in a while. Just as long as 20% of the profits go to Marcus Theaters. Heck, they may allow this in every theater!
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 6th 2015, 12:07 am

DreuxPhoenix wrote:Long as you have a big screen. I have a few family members who work at Marcus Theaters, and they let us hook an Xbox up to the Theater. Since we live next door, we go over whenever we want to game on a REALLY HUGE SCREEN. We have even placed strips of paint (professionally laid out of course) to allow us to know where P1 - P4 can sit and see the exact center of their screen. We sometimes allow the public to watch us game, and even host game competitions every once in a while. Just as long as 20% of the profits go to Marcus Theaters. Heck, they may allow this in every theater!

That is the definition of "Living the Life"
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainsick98 August 6th 2015, 12:11 am

DreuxPhoenix wrote:Long as you have a big screen. I have a few family members who work at Marcus Theaters, and they let us hook an Xbox up to the Theater. Since we live next door, we go over whenever we want to game on a REALLY HUGE SCREEN. We have even placed strips of paint (professionally laid out of course) to allow us to know where P1 - P4 can sit and see the exact center of their screen. We sometimes allow the public to watch us game, and even host game competitions every once in a while. Just as long as 20% of the profits go to Marcus Theaters. Heck, they may allow this in every theater!

Dude...that's freaking AWESOME!!!

Last edited by Brainsick98 on August 6th 2015, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My dumb @ss spelled awesome wrong...lol)
Brainsick98
Brainsick98

Thumbs Up : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix August 6th 2015, 12:39 am

Pro Life tip #117, work at a Marcus Theaters, and be sure to work hard as hell in order to be promoted to Manager @ that Theater. Then have the best videogame / movie life EVER!!

...Or do what I did and have the best uncle ever do that for me!
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind August 6th 2015, 1:12 am

Heatguts wrote:I got from that gameplay rmt posted that someone like jumped outside the map and parkoured on some pipes and jumped back in. That was pretty neat. Aside from that, H5 isn't really that cool.

Happens at 0:50

I saw that and I can't help thinking, I don't really care for the clambering, but I love the idea of so many optional ways to transverse terrain. Would be nice to see little things like that in P:C

Any other Gamescom items catch your guys' eyes?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 August 6th 2015, 2:22 pm

deadofmind wrote:
Heatguts wrote:I got from that gameplay rmt posted that someone like jumped outside the map and parkoured on some pipes and jumped back in. That was pretty neat. Aside from that, H5 isn't really that cool.

Happens at 0:50

I saw that and I can't help thinking, I don't really care for the clambering, but I love the idea of so many optional ways to transverse terrain. Would be nice to see little things like that in P:C

Any other Gamescom items catch your guys' eyes?
Something like that already exists in P:C. It's called jumping. ;P
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind August 6th 2015, 4:33 pm

I meant small areas you can jump too that wouldn't normally be seen that might take you to a different area faster, or perhaps give you a tactical advantage.

Like jumping on your face >_>
<3

At 0:15 he jumps up some platforms outside the wall to get behind a guy at the top of the ramp

At 0:43 he jumps on top of the invis platform (which he had previously shot at 0:32 in order to drop the invis, guess it opens back up after a bit) to get right up in those dirty reds faces

The at 0:50 he jumps out a window to escape some dudes down the way and parkours back around them

1:22 Jumps from a crate, to a pillar then to the stairs

I know it's called jumping, I'd just like to see a bit more of it besides bunny hopping xD
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 August 6th 2015, 5:37 pm

It was a joke and I know what you are talking about along with the name. It is incredibly stupid though and a huge waste of time in my opinion.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 6th 2015, 8:03 pm

Anybody notice that new medal called BXR? lol its a joke for Halo 2's BXR button glitch theres also the Combat Evolved medal which is a reference to halo 1's weapon launching :P
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh August 7th 2015, 7:03 am

Yeah you get a medal for everything now.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 7th 2015, 9:41 am

Gets a medal for jumping
Gets a medal for strafing
Gets a medal for a kill while airborn
Gets a medal for a kill while strafing
Gets a medal for a kill while crouching
Gets a medal for a kill while another enemy player is on the screen
Gets a medal for being next to a teammate
Gets a medal for boosting a teammate
Gets a medal for dying
Gets a medal for attempting to use the spartan abilities
Gets a medal for picking up a power weapon for the first time in the match
Gets a medal for picking up a weapon someone dropped
Gets a medal for firing the first shot in your new life
Gets a medal for betraying a teammate
Gets a medal for suicide
Gets a medal for being afk
Gets a medal for getting killed by fire
Gets a medal for getting killed by "a vehicle"
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 7th 2015, 11:12 am

nice meme

ur so funy
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 7th 2015, 11:26 am

Mootjuh wrote:Yeah you get a medal for everything now.

Well actually they toned that down if you saw the Post beta changes then you would know for example
The medal for getting a basic kill has been removed
The medal for getting a kill with a sword or with any other power weapon has been removed thats like 10 medals there removed
The medal for grenade kills has been removed
.etc

Now killing somebody is more akin to Halo 1,2,3 where you have to rely on the killfeed
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir August 8th 2015, 7:26 am

I hate Splitscreen... I've ALWAYS hated it.
ALL HAIL 343!!
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top