Gamescom 2015

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gamescom 2015 Empty Gamescom 2015

Post by Brainsick98 August 4th 2015, 6:09 am

Is anyone else out there gonna be following the live stream? If so, what are you looking forward to seeing the most? I'm personally still hoping for Microsoft to announce Halo MCC on PC....(please don't hate on me for hoping for it lol)
Brainsick98
Brainsick98

Thumbs Up : 5

Back to top Go down

Gamescom 2015 Empty Re: Gamescom 2015

Post by Mootjuh August 4th 2015, 6:25 am

I'm with you for that one. Make it cross platform and you just fixed the low population issue on MCC. I hope they have expendable graphics settings because my HD 7670 won't be able to handle H2A probably.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainsick98 August 4th 2015, 11:38 am

Dammit!!!!! Halo Wars 2!!!! I've lost hope in Microsoft, they don't care about the PC community... Literally the most interesting game in their windows 10 lineup was Minecraft... I'm sorely ticked... How could they set us up like that!
Brainsick98
Brainsick98

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 4th 2015, 11:43 am

Holy shit Halo Wars 2

HOLY SHIT Halo 5 Multiplayer trailer

HOLY FAKING SAHDJIASBDSDASJ SHIT
1,000,000$ HALO 5 TOURNEY!

WAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Halo 5 guardians 1TB limited CONSOLE?!
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 4th 2015, 12:35 pm

Oh, halo wars 2.

Oh, halo 5 has another trailer.

Oh, MS is trying to churn hype for H5 by throwing money at a professional tournament.

Oh, MS made a limited edition h5 console. Who didn't see that coming? At the very least it would've been a bundle. If people buy xboxes for halo, then nobody has one yet and they'll need to pick one up. Might as well be limited edition.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainsick98 August 4th 2015, 12:36 pm

All these things go to serve my point, The only thing Microsoft has done so far is cater to the Xbone users... What happened to taking the PC gaming community seriously? Don't get me wrong... Halo wars was a great game and I'm excited to see its return, but Microsoft knew exactly what PC Halo fans wanted from the get go and that was to Finish the Fight... Why they keep preventing us from doing so is beyond me...(sorry if this thread turned into a rant...MS crushed my dreams)
Brainsick98
Brainsick98

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 4th 2015, 1:00 pm

Heatguts wrote:Oh, halo wars 2.

Oh, MS is trying to churn hype for H5 by throwing money at a professional tournament.

Oh, MS made a limited edition h5 console. Who didn't see that coming? At the very least it would've been a bundle. If people buy xboxes for halo, then nobody has one yet and they'll need to pick one up. Might as well be limited edition.

The point is if they release Halo 5 on PC or the MCC like all of ya want it would create a huge split in the community AND it would drive away Xbox one console sales by more than HALF

lets face it Halo will never come to PC only until CONSOLES DIE! :(
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh August 4th 2015, 1:16 pm

IT's called Cross-Platform.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainsick98 August 4th 2015, 1:26 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:

The point is if they release Halo 5 on PC or the MCC like all of ya want it would create a huge split in the community AND it would drive away Xbox one console sales by more than HALF

You bring up a good argument, however I must respectfully disagree... releasing the mcc on PC would appease the cries of that fan base while not giving away too much to them... its not like the all those games are new news to the Xbox community anyways... they would still be able to play their exclusive halo 5,6,7,48(or however much MS wishes to beat the dying horse) All the PC community wants is to be able to play the games that should have made it to PC but didn't... plus, mcc on the xbone isn't exactly getting the best rep atm... We just wanna "Finnish the Fight"...
Brainsick98
Brainsick98

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix August 4th 2015, 1:30 pm

I'm one of those guys who buys whatever has the name "Halo" stamped on it. Halo Wars 2 FTW!
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen August 4th 2015, 1:31 pm

First E3 and now GDC. These events only show me how angry a person I am at everything.

Halo Wars 2? Cool. *Sees 343 is on the job* Welp shit. *Sees On Windows 10* Cool. *Realises that because it's on both Xbox and PC, that the likelyhood of any form of modding or anything of that sort is non-existant* Welp shit.

Halo 5 MP trailer? Cool. *Sees the quote "Primed for players, Perfected for pros"* That way of designing Halo games is the reason I hated Halo 4. *MLG announcers shout about triple kills and junk* That bs turns me off more than anything.

*Looks at MLG Halo Tourny Video*
*Sheds manly tear*
*Scrolls down*

Halo 5 Console? Alright, sure, it looks alright I guess.
*Lady talks about the MC's braille marking on his armour*
That icon suddenly appeared in Halo 4 and has hardly gone noticed by anyone until you mentioned it just now. Don't pretend it's iconic or holds any symbolic value.
*Man tells us that it comes with a download code for the game*
Wow, not even a physical copy? If somebody is getting a special console, there's a much higher likelyhood they're going to want a physical copy too - casuals don't buy expensive *** exclusive consoles.
Actually, how much is it?
*Watches till the end - no price provided*
Oh god that's a bad omen, it must be high.

*Looks it up*
US$500 which is AUS$680 in direct transfer, factor in approximately ~AUS$100-150 because Australia and... $800.

*cries in a corner*
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix August 4th 2015, 1:38 pm

dude, eat a snickers. You arent yourself when you are hungry. And while you're at it, eat a Reeses deep cup, that will make you more positive.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 4th 2015, 1:39 pm

I feel so guilty I'm literally swimming in a pool of PC halo gamer tears (stevedoggen donated the most)
anways I'm fucking stoked for Halo 5 I fucking love the leveling up system with the XP, and the Competetive skill ranking, and the REQ packs with the kewl armor unlocks and weapon skins and the Warzone mythic and legendary weapons and the campaign with all the kewl environments

also ooh New maps revealed!

(also quick survey who actually has an Xbox one and or is planning 100% sure on getting on this year?
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainsick98 August 4th 2015, 1:46 pm

What do you guys think of scalebound? It looked semi interesting to me... oh and this is my 50th post :D
Brainsick98
Brainsick98

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 August 4th 2015, 3:20 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:

Who the hell came up with this argument? Half the time I talk to anyone who plays Halo on Xbox they call me a PC virgin and don't see it as any sort of competition. Most of them for the life of them couldn't track down a problem that is tied to their hardware and frankly don't want to deal with it. The majority of console players play on a console so that they don't have to deal with random issues like crashes and drivers. The only people who would leave the Xbox for Halo on PC are people who were going to leave it anyways. The only thing that would really happen is a bonus in the number of sales from both platforms and possibly even a larger population if they allow cross platform play. Yes, some people would jump ship but can you really tell me that a large portion of the Xbox community would jump ship for Halo on PC? Most PC players who haven't bought an Xbox for Halo yet aren't going to at this point. Where are the polls for this argument anyway. I really doubt any significant portion of the Xbox community would really want to deal with a PC. I personally don't care if Halo ever comes back to the PC or not since everything after Halo Reach is garbage but this argument is just silly.

At this point I am just waiting for the Xbox 360 emulator, Xenia to finish so that we can have what we need on PC without Microsoft's say so and then some. It already has good progress too.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow August 4th 2015, 3:40 pm

halo wars 2 yay!
What? I liked halo wars?
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 August 4th 2015, 3:52 pm

Anyone want to speculate on what they mean by Xbox exclusive yet it's coming to Windows 10? Something isn't right here. I'm not using that shitty Xbox app or any streaming service if that's what Microsoft is planning.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 4th 2015, 7:46 pm

General_101 wrote:

At this point I am just waiting for the Xbox 360 emulator, Xenia to finish so that we can have what we need on PC without Microsoft's say so and then some. It already has good progress too.

Whatever floats your boat I guess since I hate emulators because the main thing I like about consoles is the Community, Achievements, and Discs something emulators totally remove but yeah I have no need to play Xbox 360 or such on a PC when I already have a 360 but a lot of people like you really need it so yeah Emulators are good for yall

General_101 wrote:Anyone want to speculate on what they mean by Xbox exclusive yet it's coming to Windows 10? Something isn't right here. I'm not using that shitty Xbox app or any streaming service if that's what Microsoft is planning.

They just say it so it sounds cool Fable legends and Gears of War Ultimate edition have that too BUT they both are going to be releasing Stand alone on Windows 10 so yeah Its just some marketing crap phrase

DatGuyYouKnow wrote:halo wars 2 yay!
What? I liked halo wars?

Well you might had liked it but... I LOVED IT!

Also did anybody notice how Halo 5 Guardians is rated T for Teen?!
Either ESRB has improved its way of rating or Halo 5 will have less Mature themes?
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 4th 2015, 8:37 pm

I got from that gameplay rmt posted that someone like jumped outside the map and parkoured on some pipes and jumped back in. That was pretty neat. Aside from that, H5 isn't really that cool.

For the record, I have an xbone. I probably won't be getting h5 though, as the sp will likely be after halo 4 and really I didn't like halo 4's story a whole lot so I won't care for that and if there's promethean enemies it won't be worth the gameplay and as far as the mp goes whether it's fantastic or not is meaningless because I don't have xblg and when I play mp I play splitscreen which h5 has cut out.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow August 4th 2015, 9:02 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:Also did anybody notice how Halo 5 Guardians is rated T for Teen?!
Either ESRB has improved its way of rating or Halo 5 will have less Mature themes?

Meh halo never really was too much of a rated M game besides possibly halo reach, and halo 2 due to some scenes but grading scales don't mean shit anymore, more kids play rated m games than adults play them. So they must have just lowered there standards.
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 August 4th 2015, 11:34 pm

It's a longshot, but I do see something good coming out of all of this.

We already know Halo 5 is coming out this year, and it is likely that Halo Wars will be out next year. Assuming the main Halo titles still follow the pattern of having a 3 year dev cycle, that would make the schedule for yearly released Halo titles (which is something 343 announced earlier) look something like this:
2015: Halo 5 Guardians
2016: Halo Wars 2
2017: ???
2018: Halo 6 (whatever they call it)

So what does that leave us for 2017? Can't say for sure, but 2017 is the 10 year anniversary of Halo 3...

That being said, it would be absolutely wonderful if they released H3A to finish off the trilogy of Anniversaries. What would be even better is if they simultaneously released Halo 3 on PC with full modding support as a sort of sequel to Custom Edition, so the community could continue enjoying and taking inspiration from classic Halo while 343 moves on with whatever constitutes as their "vision" for modernizing Halo their own way. Everyone wins.

Unfortunately, knowing MS, letting everyone win is probably the last thing they'll want to do. Wishful thinking I suppose...
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainsick98 August 5th 2015, 12:33 am

Welp... I feel ignored, but I'm glad u guys r enjoying the thread... ;)
Brainsick98
Brainsick98

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 5th 2015, 9:54 am

SilentGamer64 wrote:
That being said, it would be absolutely wonderful if they released H3A to finish off the trilogy of Anniversaries. What would be even better is if they simultaneously released Halo 3 on PC with full modding support as a sort of sequel to Custom Edition, so the community could continue enjoying and taking inspiration from classic Halo while 343 moves on with whatever constitutes as their "vision" for modernizing Halo their own way. Everyone wins.

Unfortunately, knowing MS, letting everyone win is probably the last thing they'll want to do. Wishful thinking I suppose...
Yeah... I can see a h3 anniversary, although I'm not sure how they'd handle it since they gave us all the games in the last one. Maybe they'd release them all again, except this time matchmaking would work right off the bat!

I don't see them porting it to pc though. And even if they did, I highly doubt they'd give us modding support.
Brainsick98 wrote:Welp... I feel ignored, but I'm glad u guys r enjoying the thread... ;)
Sorry mate. Ignored, but not forgotten...
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 5th 2015, 12:43 pm

Actually in a recent Gameinformer interview with Bonnie ross when the Halo 5 guardians month long coverage was being made the final interview was with Bonnie Ross and they asked her about the future of the MCC and if Halo reach was going to make it into the collection she stated that "Halo 3 anniversary is actually way more likely to be made then Halo reach but both of them are still in an open door waiting to be withdrawn

so yeah they acknowledge Halo 3 anniversary :P

Heatguts wrote:I got from that gameplay rmt posted that someone like jumped outside the map and parkoured on some pipes and jumped back in. That was pretty neat. Aside from that, H5 isn't really that cool.

For the record, I have an xbone. I probably won't be getting h5 though, as the sp will likely be after halo 4 and really I didn't like halo 4's story a whole lot so I won't care for that and if there's promethean enemies it won't be worth the gameplay and as far as the mp goes whether it's fantastic or not is meaningless because I don't have xblg and when I play mp I play splitscreen which h5 has cut out.

Will this Beautiful sexy 60fps Campaign gameplay change your mind?!

RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh August 5th 2015, 3:11 pm

Only if the gameplay was splitscreen.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down