[FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread

Post by SilentGamer64 September 21st 2015, 12:05 pm

The thing about PC item storage is that it was really only a thing because the bag couldn't carry more than a certain number of items in the earlier games. The bag in my game is a lot more organized and can store way more items, so other than using it as a dump for items you don't feel like carrying around, the PC item storage is kinda redundant at this point.

What I plan to do for each new region is force the player to deposit all current items from their bag into their PC item storage, and then either have the item storage region locked, or just have a universal item storage that is disabled until the player clears the current region. I'm currently leaning more towards the later option, because then I can use the same PC item storage system without having to create 4 new arrays for storage systems to call for each individual region. And like I said earlier, there's really no point in having PC item storage in the first place since the bag can hold virtually every item in the game, plus more.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

[FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread

Post by Neesy October 15th 2015, 5:22 am

How are things progressing?
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 October 15th 2015, 8:09 pm

Oh look, someone remembered this is still a thing.

Progress has been made, but not enough to report on yet. I actually had an issue with the regional storage system that crashed the game every time the player used the pc, but i fixed it.

Here's an idea... When the devs release that update for P:C, i'll throw together another mini update for my game. ;)
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ October 16th 2015, 12:07 am

sounds like a plan
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 16th 2015, 11:08 am

Noice noice. Honestly, more hyped for this than the actual PC game lmao.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 October 16th 2015, 12:16 pm

Neesy wrote:Noice noice. Honestly, more hyped for this than the actual PC game lmao.

Probably because I told you guys my plan of releasing a demo of it somewhere in the forseeable future. lol
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 10th 2015, 7:27 pm

Here's an idea... When the devs release that update for P:C, i'll throw together another mini update for my game. ;)

fml
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 November 10th 2015, 7:43 pm

Neesy wrote:

fml
I wouldn't think like that. I keep the more positive attitude that the technology of tomorrow will keep me alive long enough to see Half life 3 and a Project Contingency update.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 November 11th 2015, 8:58 pm

Neesy wrote:

fml

To be fair, I said that a month ago under the impression that a P:C update was right around the corner. When I have enough content worth showing, I'll show it regardless of whether it's before or after the next P:C update. The progress of P:C doesn't dictate my progress on this game, I'm on my own schedule.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 12th 2015, 5:03 am

Good to hear bossman.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 20th 2015, 12:44 pm

Btw, why not just make pokemons that require to trade in order to evolve just level up to evolve like most pokemon do?
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 November 20th 2015, 5:33 pm

Mootjuh wrote:Btw, why not just make pokemons that require to trade in order to evolve just level up to evolve like most pokemon do?

I could, but it's just easier to make a universal item that detects any and all Pokemon that evolve through trading compared to going into every individual Pokemon's data and changing it to a specific level manually. I'm also going to make this item available to buy at the Department Store with the other common evolution stones, so it's not like you're going to be stuck with a Haunter until you get lucky enough to find an item to evolve it in the overworld. What's nice about this system is that it also takes into account the Pokemon that need a held item when they're traded (Kingdra, Steelix, etc.)

Another reason for not doing level up evolutions is because there are specific moves that certain Pokémon learn earlier in their final evolution stage that they'll miss out on if they're stuck on their first or second evolution stage for too long. For example, let's say you want a Scizor that knows the move Metal Claw. If Scizor learns Metal Claw at level 30, that's no problem with item evolution, because you can evolve Scyther as early as you want. But if I set Syther's evolution level to something like 35, Scizor is going to miss out on that move because it evolved too late to learn it. Yeah, you can still go to a move tutor to have it learn Metal Claw, but it would have saved the player a lot of trouble if they were able to teach it naturally in the first place. So that's my reasoning for the trade evolution item (it's called the Link Cable by the way).
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 20th 2015, 6:38 pm

And here I was reading that thinking the item wouldn't break the fourth wall. Bravo.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 20th 2015, 7:24 pm

Heatguts wrote:And here I was reading that thinking the item wouldn't break the fourth wall. Bravo.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 November 20th 2015, 9:04 pm

I actually break the fourth wall a couple times in the game. I'd tell you how, but then it wouldnt be a surprise ;)
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by Ripr Moramee December 22nd 2015, 6:04 pm

SilentGamer64.

I have a request for your game, if you would kindly accept it. Do you know of MissingNo? Surely you do seeing as you are creating a pokemon game. If not, please research it. I would like a random pokemon encounter to be that Sprite/Image and the name underneath being "OverkillPC".

Obviously referencing me (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ripr Moramee
Ripr Moramee

Thumbs Up : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix December 23rd 2015, 11:39 pm

Would it be funny to allow people to visit the Orange Islands?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh December 24th 2015, 2:38 am

What would be cool is making the towns and cities as big as the anime makes them.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ December 24th 2015, 5:55 am

Also make it so I can play as all the pokemon and also make it so I can throw my whole party at Biker Billy cause screw Biker Billy
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 24th 2015, 10:08 am

Lol

You are challenged by Biker Billy!
Go! Machamp!
What will Machamp do?
> Pokemon
> All
Go! Party!
Sextuple team! Biker Billy fainted!
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix December 24th 2015, 12:02 pm

Sarcastic Sugguestion:
What if you had three pokemon that you could coordinate for a final assault attack? Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Pokemon Trainer's Smash Ball Attack.
"Take this! TRIPLE FINISH!!"

xD

[FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 4 1870722-various34_080404f_l
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 26th 2015, 12:14 am

In that case, why not just be like the card game and make it so that every pokemon also has an EX form, a super form, a shiny holo form, a form that is made up of two halves combined together, a mega form, a mega EX form, and a mega EX two-halves shiny holo form?
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 December 26th 2015, 3:00 pm

Geez, do any of you guys have lives outside the internet? Sorry it's been a while but I had finals and my family hosted Christmas this year. I will be posting an update of the current situation of the game soon.

Ripr Moramee, Missingno currently isn't in the game, but I plan on adding it in there eventually. I don't know how I feel about purposefully naming it "Overkill PC", but I could make a trainer for you where your team is Missingno with that as a nickname.

I'm assuming every suggestion after Ripr is just a joke.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy December 26th 2015, 3:16 pm

Geez, do any of you guys have lives outside the internet?
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 26th 2015, 3:41 pm

The american midwest is too boring to have a life in.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top