[FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread

Post by SilentGamer64 August 20th 2015, 12:36 pm

Aaaaand here's some screenshots of me battling Neesy in game:
(Yes, I just realized I spelled Neesy wrong, I already fixed it)
Spoiler:
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

[FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread

Post by Heatguts August 20th 2015, 1:35 pm

That's pretty neat. I fished out my heartgold cartridge, but I think I transferred some of my pokemon to black version so I'll need to check there too.

One note: those pokemon are a lot fuzzier than the trainers, if you see what I mean. The blacks aren't quite as black and the pixels aren't as sharp around the edges. It's almost like you swapped from using an emulator to an rf switch.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ August 20th 2015, 3:12 pm

You should rename Neesy's Gengar to something like Gigapedo
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 August 21st 2015, 2:10 pm

Heatguts wrote:That's pretty neat. I fished out my heartgold cartridge, but I think I transferred some of my pokemon to black version so I'll need to check there too.

One note: those pokemon are a lot fuzzier than the trainers, if you see what I mean. The blacks aren't quite as black and the pixels aren't as sharp around the edges. It's almost like you swapped from using an emulator to an rf switch.

Yeah, that's from the engine automatically resizing the sprites (they were smaller when I downloaded them all). I'm going to sharpen up all the Pokémon sprites as I continue working on the rest of the graphics. I'd like to change the whole HP bar interface too, because it's using the Gen 4 graphic instead of the Gen 3 one. The same is true for the battle backgrounds, all of which were default when I started working on the engine.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy August 22nd 2015, 10:44 am

SilentGamer64 wrote:
Neesy wrote:-Trainer Class: Female Poke Breeder
-snip-

Unfortunately there's a few moves I can't give your Pokémon. I said once before that the game was only going to cover Gens 1-4, that includes moves too. Sludge Wave and Scald don't exist. I can substitute Sludge Wave with Sludge Bomb, and Scald with Surf, or you can pick your own moves to replace those two. Sorry.

Edit: I typed up everything else though, so other than those two moves, you're set.

ahh sorry man, SLudge bomb is fine and could you replace scald with Water Pulse (I'm cancer, I know).

Mad props dude
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy August 22nd 2015, 10:50 am

Also sorry for the double post but Gengar's speed should be '350'.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 August 23rd 2015, 12:57 am

Noted.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory September 17th 2015, 4:49 am

Easter Egg Pokemon?
Guilty Spark = Flying/Electric(Psychic?)
Chiefy/Humans = Fighting/Steel
TarTar/Brutes = Fighting/Ground
Arby/Elites = Fighting/Electric
Prophets = Flying/Psychic(Electric?)
Cortana = Item to give to a pokemon to give them better stats at a PP/HP cost.

But hey, dasjustmi.
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 17th 2015, 10:11 am

He'd have to make the sprites for those easter egg pokemon which I doubt he's prepared to do.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix September 17th 2015, 10:47 pm

Just a thought here, but could you add in "Bacon Enthusiast Dreux"?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh September 17th 2015, 11:17 pm

Shouldn't we give him proper suggestions instead of asking for our names to be in the game as an easteregg?
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 18th 2015, 5:50 am

Mootjuh wrote:Shouldn't we give him proper suggestions instead of asking for our names to be in the game as an easteregg?

I agree. This was one of the first things I did.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 September 18th 2015, 11:15 am

Misriah Armory wrote:Easter Egg Pokemon?
Guilty Spark = Flying/Electric(Psychic?)
Chiefy/Humans = Fighting/Steel
TarTar/Brutes = Fighting/Ground
Arby/Elites = Fighting/Electric
Prophets = Flying/Psychic(Electric?)
Cortana = Item to give to a pokemon to give them better stats at a PP/HP cost.

But hey, dasjustmi.

Like Neesy said, making Pokémon sprites that resemble Halo characters wouldn't be easy. I could always make refrences to Halo with Pokémon nicknames though...

Guilty Spark

Brute

Prophet

A definite maybe though.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 September 18th 2015, 11:17 am

Mootjuh wrote:Shouldn't we give him proper suggestions instead of asking for our names to be in the game as an easteregg?

This would be preferable. I'll throw down the format for trainer requests again in case people forgot about it:

Silent wrote:Just to clarify, I'm going lay out a format for Pokémon requests to keep things organized:

-Trainer Class (bug catcher? youngster? lass? etc.)
-Pokémon (minimum of 1, max of 6)
-Pokémon Moves
-Pokémon Abilities
-Shiny/not shiny?
-Gender?
-Pokémon stats (Attack, Defense, Speed)
-Items (held by your Pokémon)

If you don't care about the specifics, you can just omit some of the info and I'll figure the rest out for you.

Edit: BTW Moot, I forgot to tell you that I finished your Metapod team. So now there's two "Contingency" trainers in the game. If anyone else has Pokémon team requests, let me know.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh September 18th 2015, 11:28 am

Just throwing out some ideas here.

Something that would be revolutionary is local multiplayer. Both have their own separate teams and character, they can battle eachother and use items on eachother any time they have control over their character. If one character enters a double battle, and the other is close to him, he gets asked to join.

Have events be different depending if you have one player or two players. For example in Halo 3, if you played alone Arbiter was in a separate tower when disabling it in the campaign level The Covenant. If you played co-op, he was with you assisting Master Chief in disabling the first tower.

Other than that to make the game interesting, add item respawns which spawn a controlled random item.Ffor example an item can either have potion, pokéball, ether and maybe a rare drop being an ultra ball. Money could be in them and maybe otherwise unobtainable items. Just to keep the player busy and not give him a reason to rush elite 4. The respawns happen when you have not been in a certain area for a certain period of time.

And now that I think of it, it would be cool if you had different AI spawns depending on the current time. Like there should be no youngsters in the evening but in the morning or day.

What else.. Battle Frontier kept me busy after Elite 4 in Emerald, I haven't ever beaten it actually.

Think is with pokemon games, many just drop it after having playing through it once. You need to give them more of a reason to breed for that perfect IV shiny Larvitar.

That being said, maybe get a special item for a legendary pokemon after you've caught say like 5 shiny pokemon and you show it to a guy.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 September 18th 2015, 11:58 am

Mootjuh wrote:Just throwing out some ideas here.

1. Something that would be revolutionary is local multiplayer. Both have their own separate teams and character, they can battle eachother and use items on eachother any time they have control over their character. If one character enters a double battle, and the other is close to him, he gets asked to join.

2. Have events be different depending if you have one player or two players. For example in Halo 3, if you played alone Arbiter was in a separate tower when disabling it in the campaign level The Covenant. If you played co-op, he was with you assisting Master Chief in disabling the first tower.

3. Other than that to make the game interesting, add item respawns which spawn a controlled random item.Ffor example an item can either have potion, pokéball, ether and maybe a rare drop being an ultra ball. Money could be in them and maybe otherwise unobtainable items. Just to keep the player busy and not give him a reason to rush elite 4. The respawns happen when you have not been in a certain area for a certain period of time.

4. And now that I think of it, it would be cool if you had different AI spawns depending on the current time. Like there should be no youngsters in the evening but in the morning or day.

5. What else.. Battle Frontier kept me busy after Elite 4 in Emerald, I haven't ever beaten it actually.

6. Think is with pokemon games, many just drop it after having playing through it once. You need to give them more of a reason to breed for that perfect IV shiny Larvitar.

7. That being said, maybe get a special item for a legendary pokemon after you've caught say like 5 shiny pokemon and you show it to a guy.

1. That would be interesting, battling with splitscreen. I was planning on making the game purely single player (even replacing trade evolutions with items that evolve those Pokes). I would have to think about it.

2. Not sure where you're going with this one. You are aware that in Pokémon games you don't have a second human player running around with you, right?

3. This is actually something that Black and White 2 did with Hidden Grottos. I agree that it would be a great addition since it wouldn't really require me to mess around with the existing maps too much, and to make my life even easier, I could also make it a constantly respawning item ball with a random item chance.

4. I am already planning on having certain trainers that can only be battled during the day or night (Gold and Silver kinda inspired me on this one with the Police trainers that could only be fought at night).

5. Battle Frontier is probably going to be included but currently isn't top priority. There's really no point in working on post-story content when the story itself isn't even finished yet. I haven't beaten Emerald's Frontier either. I beat the Seviper house and actually found the Pyramid leader, but he kicked my *** with the friggin legendary birds.

6. The Battle Frontier will help with that issue, but now that I think about it, I might work on multiplayer battles first before worrying about the Frontier. That's what's going to give the game the most longevity in the end.

7. The main legendaries in Diamond and Pearl each have their own items that boosts the power of their same-type moves for them only. I could incorporate that system for the rest of the legendaries if I wanted to, but there's currently only 5 legendaries available in my game (out of the 35 planned). If I do add it, it won't be until I'm further along in development.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh September 18th 2015, 12:54 pm

For nr.2 I meant something like when you are fighting a gang boss(giovanni or whatever). Some dialog(something like "you pesky kids!" Instead of "You pesky kid!" and cutscenes change and the single battle becomes a double battle. Also more AI and a generally bigger game world os required for that one though.

And for nr. 7 I was thinking like "get 5 shinies for an eon ticket!" Or whatever. Not the boosting item like the Soul Dew
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 September 18th 2015, 3:15 pm

Mootjuh wrote:For nr.2 I meant something like when you are fighting a gang boss(giovanni or whatever). Some dialog(something like "you pesky kids!" Instead of "You pesky kid!" and cutscenes change and the single battle becomes a double battle. Also more AI and a generally bigger game world os required for that one though.

And for nr. 7 I was thinking like "get 5 shinies for an eon ticket!" Or whatever. Not the boosting item like the Soul Dew

Ok, now I see what you're saying for 2. As for 7, that sounds a lot better, and I actually plan on having most if not all Legendaries findable after completing certain sidequests.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by P3 September 18th 2015, 7:16 pm

-Trainer Class: Pokemon Tamer [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 3 Latest?cb=20110814143837 (But with darker hair please)

-Pokémon:
Ditto (1) [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 3 Latest?cb=20110423143852
-Pokémon Moves:
Sing, Sweet Kiss, Charm, Flail
________
Ditto (2) [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 3 Latest?cb=20120315232830
-Pokémon Moves:
Attract, Sweet Kiss, Flail, Covet
________
Ditto (3) [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 3 Latest?cb=20120317220113
-Pokémon Moves:
Attract, Roll Out, Body Slam, Covet
________
Ditto (4) [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 3 Latest?cb=20090408211023
-Pokémon Moves:
Scary face, Fly, Dig, Gunk Shot
________
Ditto (5) [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 3 Latest?cb=20110804002433
-Pokémon Moves:
V-create, Teeter Dance, Play Rough, Head smash
________
Ditto (6) [FINAL UPDATE] SilentGamer64's Pokemon: Trident Version Thread - Page 3 Latest?cb=20110423143958
-Pokémon Moves:
V-create,Teeter Dance, Nasty Plot, Explosion
________
(Except for I want them all to be female character sprites when sent out instead of Ditto sprites at all times.)

-Pokémon Abilities:
Ditto (1): Flame Body
Ditto (2): Effect Spore
Ditto (3): Rough Skin
Ditto (4): Intimidate
Ditto (5): Rock Head
Ditto (6): Wonder Guard

-Ditto (All): HP: 300, Atk: 214, Def: 214, Sp.Atk:214, Sp.Def: 214, Speed: 214, Sp:214
Level: 9001 (Just make it happen...)

-Items: Leftovers
___
Ditto 1 Leads
___
*Also, please make this happen. I have spent too much time looking for all of this information and content... >.>

Last edited by P3 on September 18th 2015, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
P3
P3
Developer

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 September 18th 2015, 7:21 pm

I ditto the ditto initiative.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 18th 2015, 8:33 pm

I want them all to be female character sprites
¬__¬
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 September 18th 2015, 9:47 pm

P3 wrote:*

Wait, wha...? I don't even...

P3 wrote:*Also, please make this happen. I have spent too much time looking for all of this information and content... >.>

Sorry, but no. Those "Dittos" you want are very illegal, and I'm pretty sure it's impossible for me to change Ditto's sprite to all those females at the same time without making a bunch of brand new made up Pokémon. Your request was clever, but you're trying way too hard lol.

Edit: Please keep requests somewhat reasonable.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by P3 September 18th 2015, 10:31 pm

But... All of my Pokemans... I wanted to use them for "Humon" fighting... D:
P3
P3
Developer

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 21st 2015, 8:34 am

- Trans-regional item storage (this is probably the toughest issue I'm having so far. I'll let you know when I fix it)

A simple solution could just manually program in a safeguard for each item area of the bag:

IF item_bag_pokeball_section = 0
then
Let the player pass
else
do not let the player pass

This will force the player to store Items in the region specific PC rather than you having to take the items away for them.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh September 21st 2015, 10:38 am

Have to make region specific item boxes and stuff too.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top