Josh Holmes Info-blowout!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Holmes Info-blowout! Empty Josh Holmes Info-blowout!

Post by RockMetal&Time April 30th 2015, 2:32 pm

Hot damn Josh holmes went to the abyss (TeamBeyondForums) and actually replied to all the H5 Haters lurking in there! It's a long read but absolutely worth it!
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/josh-holmes-info-blowout-teambeyond/7d1b000b-3d1f-474d-8e11-4cd9eed9b4a9/posts

Oh and DISCLAIMER, before reading his replies please educate yourself with what the POST-BETA Build is, since the game obviously went trough ginormous changes After all the beta feedback.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/how-fans-helped-shape-the-multiplayer-of-halo-5-guardians
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Josh Holmes Info-blowout! Empty Re: Josh Holmes Info-blowout!

Post by lolslayer May 1st 2015, 4:50 am

wow, they added in the ability to enable/disable sprint, see? 343i actually listens to the players :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 1st 2015, 6:45 am

lolslayer wrote:wow, they added in the ability to enable/disable sprint, see? 343i actually listens to the players :D

No, 343 listen to money and they know a Halo 4+ will not sell.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 1st 2015, 8:38 am

Neesy wrote:
lolslayer wrote:wow, they added in the ability to enable/disable sprint, see? 343i actually listens to the players :D

No, 343 listen to money and they know a Halo 4+ will not sell.

true, but bungie also listened to money, so you can't blame 343i for something bungie wasn't blamed for :/
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 May 1st 2015, 2:18 pm

Wow, his first post was interesting, but his second post was pointless. What does he get out of feeding a troll? There's plenty of other people who had valid questions/points of discussion.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 1st 2015, 2:26 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:Wow, his first post was interesting, but his second post was pointless. What does he get out of feeding a troll? There's plenty of other people who had valid questions/points of discussion.

Yeah I always wonder why devs never reply to the interesting "Will this be in Halo 5?" type of questions
I guess the reason why they don't reply to those are because they can't share any more Revealing info for the game until a later date you know every dev does that.

I can't wait till E3 So all these salty fucking Haters can STFU
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli May 1st 2015, 5:50 pm

You really don't have even a little doubt in this game, don't you?

The sprint toggle is good for those who live the dream of having enough friends for custom games I guess. Other than that nothing really interesting comes up. They can speak all they want about doing their best to fix MCC but those words are just air until something actually changes.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 1st 2015, 6:29 pm

^ The sprint toggle and abilities toggle Brings in mind that there is a possibility of Legendary Slayer making it in so a Playlists with Pure classical Halo gameplay

I am not a hater of sprint or the abilities I fully support them since they have been done right and expand on the game I love how you can choose to not use the abilities and yet you can still win since for example if you Sprint you're shield recharge resets so you can't recharge them while sprinting also you can't shoot while running AND you can't shoot while using the thruster so when you get in a fight there you have more choices you can either try to dodge/outmaneuver your enemy BUT doing so makes you less offensive by putting down your weapon OR you can go slow and accurately all offensive there are many things you could do so many ways I could approach an enemy that is why I LOVED the beta when I saw an enemy I actually thought out how I would approach him!

*sigh* I atleast am glad that many of the shit I disliked in the beta is getting fixed for example
Aiming with automatic weapons will not give a bonus and so is dealing headshot damage with automatics will not give you bonus (so AR and SMG's are nerfed something that was not right in the beta) Sprint speed has been slowed down in the Post beta AND general no sprint movement is now faster, Strafing is also more responsive and accelerated, Medals have been nerfed (there where too many in the beta it was ridiculous) (DMR and Sniper aiming has been improved- it was really clunky) Spartan chatter is now toggleable I liked it but some people didn't (The beeps and boops in the beta have also been removed I liked them but some people didn't dont give that many shits but oh well) So yeah I'm just glad that I am so far liking Halo 5 when I first saw Halo 5 gameplay I really thought 343 fucked everything up. Good thing I was wrong IMO! so if you hate Halo 5 I can understand its different you like Halo for other reasons blah blah blah yeah. peace
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh May 1st 2015, 10:16 pm

Just don't pre-order it, that's what kills the games.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow May 2nd 2015, 12:57 am

I have extreme doubt in halo 5, but i do wish it best and it seems they tried at least a little bit harder to get the community what it wants even if it is for making money. Still a good effort, we all cant really say much until it comes out, but those who doubt it have a right too because of the reject halo 4, which was not horrible but not great either.
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 2nd 2015, 4:41 am

wait? all the beeps and boops are gone? defak? those were great ;n;

scoping doesn't give you moar accuricy? that's bullshit

**** you halo community, you ruïned halo 5 :'(
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 May 2nd 2015, 10:49 am

lolslayer wrote:wait? all the beeps and boops are gone? defak? those were great ;n;

I'm starting to think you just recently immigrated from the COD community to the Halo community and you didn't actually grow up with what made Halo.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 2nd 2015, 3:09 pm

Mootjuh wrote:Just don't pre-order it, that's what kills the games.

Josh holmes said that.
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 2nd 2015, 9:39 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:^ The sprint toggle and abilities toggle Brings in mind that there is a possibility of Legendary Slayer making it in so a Playlists with Pure classical Halo gameplay

I am not a hater of sprint or the abilities I fully support them since they have been done right and expand on the game I love how you can choose to not use the abilities and yet you can still win since for example if you Sprint you're shield recharge resets so you can't recharge them while sprinting also  you can't shoot while running AND you can't shoot while using the thruster so when you get in a fight there you have more choices you can either try to dodge/outmaneuver your enemy BUT doing so makes you less offensive by putting down your weapon OR you can go slow and accurately all offensive there are many things you could do so many ways I could approach an enemy that is why I LOVED the beta when I saw an enemy I actually thought out how I would approach him!

*sigh* I atleast am glad that many of the shit I disliked in the beta is getting fixed for example
Aiming with automatic weapons will not give a bonus and so is dealing headshot damage with automatics will not give you bonus (so AR and SMG's are nerfed something that was not right in the beta) Sprint speed has been slowed down in the Post beta AND general no sprint movement is now faster, Strafing is also more responsive and accelerated, Medals have been nerfed (there where too many in the beta it was ridiculous) (DMR and Sniper aiming has been improved- it was really clunky) Spartan chatter is now toggleable I liked it but some people didn't (The beeps and boops in the beta have also been removed I liked them but some people didn't dont give that many shits but oh well) So yeah I'm just glad that I am so far liking Halo 5 when I first saw Halo 5 gameplay I really thought 343 fucked everything up. Good thing I was wrong IMO! so if you hate Halo 5 I can understand its different you like Halo for other reasons blah blah blah yeah. peace

Sprint is balanced becuz u cnt shoot at people bakk !!11!!!1

yeah but it's not like you can kill them either, if they wanna put themselves in a shit position and turn into sonic in a second and **** off safely to the otherside of the map to avoid punishment for being a bad player...
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 3rd 2015, 1:13 am

^? Lol when I played the H5 beta nobdy ran, if you shot someone they got to scared to run since it would **** up their recharging shields I never fought anybody in the beta who ran like a lil ***** when they got shot since the penalty is too high for them to chicken shit.

if you weaken an enemy and he starts running you can just run to him and finish him off since your shield recharge cancels and stops when you sprint!
since he is still weakened!

IMO the only thing sprinting does is make the transition into combat more fast paced not make the combat a hide n seek kid game like everyone claims, nobody runs when you get in a fight that shit only happened in H4...
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 3rd 2015, 7:19 am

RockMetal&Time wrote:^? Lol when I played the H5 beta nobdy ran, if you shot someone they got to scared to run since it would **** up their recharging shields I never fought anybody in the beta who ran like a lil ***** when they got shot since the penalty is too high for them to chicken shit.

if you weaken an enemy and he starts running you can just run to him and finish him off since your shield recharge cancels and stops when you sprint!

IMO the only thing sprinting does is make the transition into combat more fast paced not make the combat a hide n seek kid game like everyone claims, nobody runs when you get in a fight that shit only happened in H4...

This is where you're wrong, Halo is about positioning as much a it's about personal skill; allowing some dude to relocate and put himself in a better position to re-engage you puts fight in his favour not yours; it isn't hard for a skilled player to beat someone whilst on 1/4 shields in the right position(s).

>nobody runs in a fight
>Damn I must've been playing a totally different beta then
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts May 3rd 2015, 9:10 am

Fast paced isn't necessarily better. Remember that one time in Halo 4 when they "tweaked" the gameplay to make it more fast paced? We all know how that turned out.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 3rd 2015, 11:18 am

Heatguts wrote:Fast paced isn't necessarily better. Remember that one time in Halo 4 when they "tweaked" the gameplay to make it more fast paced? We all know how that turned out.

yeah of course everyone and their mother can agree that Halo 4 is a piece of shit (IMO)
Halo 5 needs to be like Halo 2 type of fast! since as much as I love Halo 3 I hate the fact that the base movement is incredibly slow I mean come on my grandma walks faster than that. AND i'm not trying to be ignorant I sure am failing but I recognize all the bad shit sprint brings to the table BUT I also recognize all the nice things it adds... I'm not even mad though since in the final game Classic Halo Playlists with no sprint and abilities will be in the game as well as the New modern H5 gameplay, I love both types of gameplay and I had more fun with the new H5 gameplay the only quirk it's that it feels way to easy!

as I've said before we got to remember that we are discussing the beta not the final build Who tf knows what more they're changing
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli May 3rd 2015, 11:38 am

RockMetal&Time wrote: I'm not even mad though since in the final game Classic Halo Playlists with no sprint and abilities will be in the game as well as the New modern H5 gameplay

Has this been confirmed?

Last edited by Apsuli on May 3rd 2015, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apsuli
Apsuli

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 May 3rd 2015, 12:34 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:
Halo 5 needs to be like Halo 2 type of fast! since as much as I love Halo 3 I hate the fact that the base movement is incredibly slow I mean come on my grandma walks faster than that. AND i'm not trying to be ignorant I sure am failing but I recognize all the bad shit sprint brings to the table BUT I also recognize all the nice things it adds...

Halo 3 was actually not much slower than the first two games. Look here.

It only seemed slower because of the different FOV. Look at how much faster this looks. The only difference is FOV.

And because you said it, what nice things does sprint add? I've heard a lot of reasons, but none of them seem to be that worthwhile IMO.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 3rd 2015, 1:17 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
RockMetal&Time wrote:
Halo 5 needs to be like Halo 2 type of fast! since as much as I love Halo 3 I hate the fact that the base movement is incredibly slow I mean come on my grandma walks faster than that. AND i'm not trying to be ignorant I sure am failing but I recognize all the bad shit sprint brings to the table BUT I also recognize all the nice things it adds...

Halo 3 was actually not much slower than the first two games. Look here.

It only seemed slower because of the different FOV. Look at how much faster this looks. The only difference is FOV.

And because you said it, what nice things does sprint add? I've heard a lot of reasons, but none of them seem to be that worthwhile IMO.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 3rd 2015, 2:09 pm

General_101 wrote:
lolslayer wrote:wait? all the beeps and boops are gone? defak? those were great ;n;

I'm starting to think you just recently immigrated from the COD community to the Halo community and you didn't actually grow up with what made Halo.

Nah, I joined this forum before playing cod :/

but 2 things, why can you aim if it doesn't give any improvements? now it's only decoration that's why I'm against that

the beeps and boops aren't especially cod, so wtf? I liked the sounds cuz it gave somehow a feeling of smooth killing
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 3rd 2015, 2:15 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:^? Lol when I played the H5 beta nobdy ran, if you shot someone they got to scared to run since it would **** up their recharging shields I never fought anybody in the beta who ran like a lil ***** when they got shot since the penalty is too high for them to chicken shit.

I've got the feeling that rmt is so much more prepared in halo 5 arguments thananybody else, nobody will ever beat him :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 3rd 2015, 8:12 pm

lolslayer wrote:
General_101 wrote:

but 2 things, why can you aim if it doesn't give any improvements? now it's only decoration that's why I'm against that

the beeps and boops aren't especially cod, so wtf? I liked the sounds cuz it gave somehow a feeling of smooth killing

1.You do get a slight accuracy increase JUST not with AUTOMATIC WEAPONS anymore! so only with DMR BR and of course the Sniper

2. I liked them too reminded me of Killzone multiplayer it really does make you feel accomplished they should make it toggleable just like spartan chatter...

RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 May 3rd 2015, 8:55 pm

lolslayer wrote:
General_101 wrote:

I have no idea what makes you think what you just said. As many Halo fans as there are here, this isn't even the surface of the Halo community. Go join an actual Halo clan or something please. You don't get it do you though? If you give benefits for aiming what is the most logical conclusion? People will start slowing down in order to land shots while aiming down the sights making the gameplay change dramatically. I don't care if the logical conclusion of aiming down the sights should be a better aim. Halo wouldn't exist if we went off of logical conclusions. Hell, what do I care? It's not like I'm buying an Xbox One or Halo made by hollow shells ever again. Maybe I'm just pissy because the game I grew up with is being defaced. Please never join the Doom or Quake community.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top